Do you have a cat?
Do you also have high standards?
You probably don’t want to settle for a low-quality, boring plastic cat bed surrounded by a big box store or pet store. Are you a connoisseur of all things beautiful, soft, and cuddly?
Do you care about your cat’s comfort?
Do you want the absolute best for your new feline family member?
Do you long for a cat bed that is as beautiful as it is functional?
If the answer is “yes” to any of those questions, you’re probably looking for the best cat bed.
|Twin Critters||Best Overall|
|MidWest Homes||Budget Pick|
|K&H Pet Products 3191 Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed Small Mocha 16" 4W||Upgrade Pick|
1. Twin Critters
The Twin Critters is an excellent option if you’re trying to find a cat bed that is designed to last.
Made with high-quality materials, this durable cat bed features a fine gauge of 100% natural wool. This is merino wool, which is soft, comfy, and naturally anti-bacterial. The wool has also been washed and heat-treated, giving it an extra softness.
There is also a fleece lining around the edges, which is great for making sure your cat has a nice comfortable place to relax. The upholstered interior not only makes this cat bed comfortable, but it helps absorb any messes. The cat cave is pretty small, so it’s only suitable for kittens and small cats. However, by removing the upholstery, you’ll be able to create a bed that is perfectly suitable for cats that weigh up to 5 pounds.
2. Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds
If you have a cat that’s always icy cold or hard to keep cozy at night, this self warming pet bed is a necessity in your home. Warming mats are generally a standard in any sort of cat habitat. Aspen Pet found a way to apply this technology to a pet bed and the end result was a revolutionary product which stores warmth in an efficient manner.
Aspen Pet does their best to research products that could improve your cat’s life, so they created a model that was unlike anything else on the market. The amazing part about the Aspen Pet Self Warming Pet Bed is that your cat won’t feel it’s any different from a regular cozy bed. They’re all different shapes, sizes and colors, but the result is the same: cat satisfaction.
3. MidWest Curious Cat Cube
- Provides a cozy place for your feline friends
- Comes in multiple colors
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy and waterproof
- Comes with a cat scratch board to keep your furniture intact
- Suitable for cats of all ages
- The bolster acts as a perch
It’s a universally accepted fact that cats love cozy spaces – so the cat cube provides ample space for your feline ’friends’ to sleep, lounge, hide and play. The cube also comes with a behind-the-scenes section as well as a top section.
It’s covered with comfortable fabric for cat naps.
The cat cube houses cats of all ages. It weighs 20 lbs, so it’s not particularly heavy to move around. The cat cube is made of high strength plastic that makes it both sturdy and waterproof.
4. Pet Tent Soft Bed
For an affordable price, you can provide your cat with comfy environment where he and will feel like at home. This CAT/Kitten/Dog Tent Soft Bed is made out of environmentally friendly 100% polyester.
This bed is super soft but it’s still incredibly durable. It’s durable enough to last for an extended period of time. This product from Best Pet Supplies is, in fact, a very good quality bed for cats. This should be your new choice.
This would be one of the best choices you can get for your cat. Your cat would love to snuggle up in this comfy and warm bed every single day.
5. Milliard Thermal Cat Mat
- For cats up to 50 lbs
- Extremely affordable for the quality
- Different colors available
- Perfect for long-haired cats
- Great thermal insulation
- Machine washable and dryable
- Quilted for maximum comfort
- Machine washable and dryable
- Made of a non-toxic material that is free from any harmful chemicals
- The build is extremely sturdy
It crumples if it’s fully extended. This is easily remedied by folding the mat in half.
This is definitely one of the best cat mats available on the market today. It’s extremely affordable for the quality and is extremely popular because of its thermal insulation. It’s great for both short-hair as well as long-hair cats and comes in different colors.
One thing you’ll notice about the Milliard Cool Mat is its thermal insulation. It’s thick and very well padded. Not just for your cat to lie on but also for scratching and playing on.
6. Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler
- Fits cats – Kittens to adults are all happy with this bed
- Cute and stylish
- Very comfortable for cats to sleep and lounge in
- Really soft and comfortable for humans to touch
- Warm and cozy material
- Pelts are very well made
- The shape of the product is similar to donuts
- There are times when the fur may fall off the product
- It takes time for it to hold the fur shape
- Not enough shape sizes
- Too small
The Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler is a cuddly, warm and comfortable bed that your cat will love. It measures 16” x 16” and weighs around 1.5 lbs.
It’s fluffy and soft and allows your cat to feel very comfortable when inside. The materials used to make this product are good quality and are safe for your cat.
The Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler is suitable for all types of cats from kittens to adult cats. It’s an ideal bed and snuggle partner that cats will enjoy.
7. LUCKITTY Cat Dog Tunnel Bed
8. MidWest Homes
The MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe Super Plush Pet Beds comes in six different sizes so you can get the perfect fit for your cat, small dog, large dog, or any animal that needs a comfy bed.
This bed features sturdy and soft material that can stand up to the wear and tear of everyday pet life. The cozy structure is perfect for pets that love to burrow. Pets can nestle into the bed where they feel secure and safe. A thick padding offers a soft and inviting resting place to any animal.
This bed keeps pets warm in the cold and is cool to lay on in the heat. The fabric is a cozy blend of cotton and polyester that gives ultimate comfort to animals.
9. Smiling Paws Cat House & Cat Condo
- Provides maximum coverage and protection for indoor cats
- Easy to clean and maintain; can be machine-washed
- The small size is perfect for tiny cats and kittens
- Built with 100% cotton; provides soft texture and resting comfort for cats
- Breathable cat house for cats to rest inside
- Available in hot pink and purple
- The cat house is made from a spring steel frame which makes it a good deal stronger than it looks (for cats that are pretty rough with their toys)
- Ideal for indoor cats
- The walls of this cat house are covered with a soft and comfortable material that cats love to curl up on
- Comes with 6 hook-and-loop ties inside the house for securing toys (i.e. cat balls, catnip mice, etc.)
10. Precision Pet SnooZZy Mod Chic
- Supportive, sturdy and scratch proof
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- Cushioning & comforting
- Doesn’t take up much floor space
- Doesn’t slide around on surfaces
- Good for sick or injured cats
- Visually appealing
- Not ideal for large cats
- Some cats at first may not like it
- May not last as long as other beds
The SnooZy is precision pet’s flagship product. It’s a highly customizable cat bed that’s super comfortable for a wide variety of cats.
If your cat is getting up there in years or has been sick or injured, they may need something a bit sturdier than a traditional cat bed. This is where the SnooZy really shines. It’s made with breathable cushioning that’s safe to use in injured areas. The top cover can also be removed and thrown in the washing machine. You can choose multiple colors and materials for the cover to really customize the bed.
11. Pet Magasin Self Warming Cat Cave Bed
- Eco-friendly and safe
- Soothing and relaxing
- Quality materials
- Great construction
- Quite expensive
- No cover
- Can’t wash
Overall, this cat bed is a great buy if you can afford it. The materials used and quality are truly superior, and the fact that it comes with a self-warming function is just an extra perk.
The Pet Magasin Self Warming Cat Cave Bed was specifically created to make cats feel safe, secure, and relaxed. It uses its “wireless electric pad” and “cat bed heater” to fuel the whole experience.
The heating pad provides a nice warm spot for the cat to snuggle into, while the bed also contains soft, plush fur for the cat to lie on. The soft, plush fur is detachable and washable, which is a great bonus for cat owners.
12. MARUNDA Pet Heating Pad,Cat Dog Electric Pet Heating Pad Indoor Waterproof,Auto Constant Temperature
For Cats/Dogs/Small Pets.
There’s a wide variety of pet beds out there, but the most popular one is the fleece pet bed. This bed is extremely warm, soft, and it retains its shape for years to come.
There are a lot of “cooling” beds on the market, but the downside to these is that they are often infused with toxic compounds.
13. Aeromark International Armarkat Cave Shape Pet Cat Beds
Awarded the Certificate of Excellence from Amazon for it’s outstanding customer service and value for money, this cave cat bed will keep your pet cuddled up and snug in style.
Made from durable faux leather, it has a waterproof shell that will protect your pet from urine and other moisture.
It also has a ‘skid free’ base, preventing the bed from moving across the floor and wobbling as your pet gets in and out.
14. Pet Craft Supply Co. Soho Round Machine Washable Memory Foam Comfortable Ultra Soft All Season Self Warming Cat & Dog Bed
15. HACHIKITTY Washable Donut Cat Bed Round
- Comes in multiple sizes and colors – the big one is 21.6 x 16.5 x 7.2 inches
- Good for outdoors or indoors
- Very cute design
- Machine washable
- Uses a removable, washable liner for easy cleaning
- Provides adequate support in the inside
This bed is widely considered one of the best elevated pet beds because of its simple yet unique style. Unlike the new fancy cat beds in the market, this one is simple and minimalist. Owned by a non-profit, this business promotes the idea that making one cat bed at a time is all that’s needed for the homeless kitties in shelters.
Overall, this is a good product for the price range it’s in. It’s good as play or rest area and has worked well for many cats. It can fit any cat as it’s spacious and well-designed to keep your cat safe and secure.
16. RIOGOO Pet Heating Pad
The best pet heating pads are here! The RIOGGO heating pad for cats & dogs has gained rave reviews from pet parents.
These highly rated heated pads come in three sizes: XS, S, and M. The XS accommodates 1/3 cats and kittens, the S would be suitable for a cat or small dog. The M fits for medium dogs and large cats, and can even be used for other pets like reptiles and bunnies.
The soft, cushiony bottom features a non-slip design that keeps the heater pad in place. The easy to use control knob lets you dial up the temperature to reach up to 104 F.
17. SPOT Cuddle Cave Dog Bed
- The premium pet bed made from 100% cotton. It’s hypoallergenic and machine washable
- This cat bed is slightly raised which allows for more air flow and makes it easier for your cat to look out the window. It’s perfect for cats who like to sit on the window
- It has a unique design that makes pet bed appear like a cave or a burrowing hole, which will make it the most cosy napping spot for your pet
- This cat bed also has a sleep hood. It’s totally unzipped and removed, your pet will be completely covered which is the best feature of this bed for small cats
- This pet bed is available in 10 colors and two sizes: medium (15”L x 13”W x 5”H) and large (20”L x 16”W x 6”H)
- The medium size is suitable for dogs of any size, most cats, ferrets, and even rabbits
- This is an ideal cat bed for indoor or outdoor use. It’s very breathable and provides great air flow
18. Kitty City Cloud Cat Bed
Portable Cat Houses – Check out our breakdown of the best Cat Houses on Amazon here.
19. 4CLAWS Furry Pet Bed/Mat
- Very comfortable
- Spot cleanable
- Not bulky
- Anti-allergen, non-shedding
- The zip can be removed to offer an additional option for carrying
- Machine washable
- Very appealing cat design
- Stylish and modern
- Fits a variety of living spaces
- The padding isn’t very thick in spots
- Not the strongest material, may not last as long as you’d like
- Not a very durable non-slip material
- Don’t like the plastic smell
- The size is a bit small for some large cats
The 4CLAWS cat mat is a very comfortable warm cat bed, that is good for cool/cold floors, hard surfaces, railings and couches.
20. MEOWFIA Premium Felt Cat Bed Cave
If you’re looking for the perfect kitty bed, this could be the one for you. It’s made from 100% merino wool, is handmade, and can fit any cat that’s up to 1.5lb. The wool is also dyed with a natural, environmentally-friendly dye so you can rest assured that nothing toxic will come in contact with your feline friend. The bottom is also covered in wool and it’s reversible, so you can choose between two different colors. The front of the bed measures 10 x 10 x 4 inches, while the overall dimensions are 13 x 13 x 10 inches.
One of the best things about this bed is that your furry friend will stay warm throughout the night. The wool itself is a great insulator and feels very soft to the touch.
21. The Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo
- Durable; won’t spill, tear, rip, or collapse
- Easy to set-up (and disassemble)
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Doesn’t lose shape after extended use
- Rain, dirt, and water resistant
- Great for multiple-cats – the space is large enough
- You have the option to nap on top of or under the bed
- Will definitely keep your pet off the cold and wet ground
- There’s a space between the bed and the wall
- The bed doesn’t keep flies away
22. K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Fashion Splash Heated Cat Bed
(Large, Cardinal Red)
We’re firm believers in positive reinforcements, so every time our cats jump on our bed to wake us up, we make sure to wake them up by tickling and petting them. However, this can cause arguments between the kids and our cats. To solve this problem we usually make our cats their own beds. To aid in this process, we bought the K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Fashion Splash heated cat bed with orthopedic foam base and over-stuffed bolsters.
What’s great about the K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Fashion Splash heated cat bed is that it has an elegant design, which is perfect for our master bedroom. We’re not really fans of the bright colors – we like how this one looks more modern. The front and back cushions are removable, giving you total control over the look of the cat bed.
23. K&H Pet Products 3191 Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed Small Mocha 16" 4W
- Well made
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Heat settings can be used to low and medium
- Sufficiently sized for cats
- Stylish design
- Waterproof character
- Can’t be washed in a washing machine
- Takes a while to heat up
Pet Products Best for Cats
Excellent for cats that are heat or cold sensitive. It features a warm, cozy, and soft faux fur.
If this cat bed is set to the lowest setting (90F) it still stays slightly warm and cozy for your cat. If it’s set to the highest setting, it’ll be a bit too warm for your cat.
24. Pet Heating Pad Cat Heating Mat Waterproof Pets Heated Bed Adjustable Dog Bed Warmer Electric Heating Mat
- Made of top grade PVC material, firm and durable
- A unique and creative design
- Reduces the temperature of the dog's body and provides the high temperature of the dog, tight, warm and dry
- Natural breathable material which is comfortable for sleeping
- With the super soft core pad,it can provide the warmth of the pet's hips and waist which makes your pet feel comfortable
- Simple to use for putting the mat at the bottom of your pet's bed
- Three layers of high quality soft non-woven fabrics for your pet's bed, Not easily deformation
- The inner temperature of the pad without water is about 4-6 degrees lower than its outer temperature,it could reduce the temperature of the dog's body
- You should wait 30 minutes for the mat to return to the original state.
- The mat itself is actually smaller than I thought, it can fit a 14 inches by 14 inches bed but it has a bunch of extra space on 3 sides of my bed.
- If you put it directly onto carpet then you fill the heat will leak out, onto hard floor works best, you can use a bed protector that will not damage but at the same time it is comfortable for him to lay on.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best type of cat bed?
Cat beds come in a plethora of shapes and sizes, but the best type really depends on your cat. If you are looking for a general recommendation, then the best type of cat bed is one that will fit in the space you have available, and one which your cat enjoys using. The material a cat bed is made from can also be a big factor.
Soft beds can be used in a kitten cage, but may not be suitable for a cage that you have already made cat-proof. Soft beds are also great options for cat carriers, in case you need a quick place to sleep for a short time.
Cotton beds with a lose weave also make great cat carriers, and for the price are usually a sure-bet.
Do cats prefer covered beds?
Covered cat beds tend to be more popular with cats than exposed ones. Perhaps because it makes them feel more secure or hidden. There are even ‘hiding’ litter boxes meant to be covered that provide your kitty with a little extra security.
Do cats like big or small beds?
Anyone who has a cat knows that they like to feel covered while they are sleeping. If you have ever tried to take a cat from a large bed, or even a small bed for that matter, you have probably noticed that they begin to struggle and sometimes even hiss. So why is that?
Where is the best place for a cat to sleep at night?
An average cat needs approximately 10 hours a day of sleep. If both the owner and furry friend work full time jobs, then it can be quite difficult to allocate time to care for the cat.This is why there are cat beds out there that really allow you to take care of your cat from anywhere you are.
Instead of being left alone, the cat is cared for even when you aren’t physically around. This way, the cat gets its sleep without having to be alone all day.
These cat beds are usually controlled from a smartphone app. This allows you to set the bed to turn on and off at specific times and to adjust the temperature for your cat. Many of the top rated cat bed chargers can help you take your cat’s comfort to a whole new level.
Cats are known to be delicate creatures with a need for comfort that rivals that of toddlers.
Therefore, their sleeping arrangements often revolve around how soft the surface is that they lay on. If you take time to look around you will find out that almost every cat owner has experienced the intense torture of a cat’s nails piercing through a plush carpet and then into the human flesh.
|Twin Critters||Best Overall|
|MidWest Homes||Budget Pick|
|K&H Pet Products 3191 Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed Small Mocha 16" 4W||Upgrade Pick|