Cat grass needs to be an important part of your cat’s diet!
If your furry family member is a domestic long-haired cat, then it’s easy to see if they have brown/black poop streaks in their feces … a clear signal that they aren’t getting enough fiber and other nutrients from their food.
So, what should you do about this?
Well, the answer is simple — add some cat grass to their diet!
That’s right! Your cat will not become a human vegetarian if you feed them cat grass. There are only a few instances where this has happened, and that’s by accident! Cat grass is just a great source of fiber, and will taste delicious to your cat.
Cats eat grass because they are carnivores and have a taste for greens. They prefer the taste of a few grass types such as cut lawn grass, wild grass, dandelion, plantain and clover. And the reason they eat it is to help them pass fur, hairballs, and to aid in the elimination of worms or parasites.
And speaking of parasites, if your cat is battling a parasite, it also helps to use a hairball remedy that is safe for your cat and makes it much easier for them to eliminate hairballs.
|Todd's Seeds||Best Overall|
|Van Ness Cat Oat Garden Kit||Budget Pick|
|Reclaimed Barnwood Style Planter Wheatgrass Kit||Upgrade Pick|
1. Todd's Seeds
- Wheatgrass cat grass is nutritious for your cat
- This wheatgrass is grown in Germany
- One pound will provide enough germinated grass for several weeks and require no maintenance
- The grass is cut before ordered
- It is safe for your cats, all parts of the grass are edible
- This grass has 95 of protein from grass and the rest is fiber
- This grass can cause digestive problems if eaten in excess
- Wheatgrass is grown in Germany and only ship in the spring season
- This grass is only for cats and not other animals
Wheat Grass for Cats, Healthier Whiskers, Natural Treat, Pet Grass,.
Wheatgrass Cat Grass for healthier whiskers. This wheatgrass doesn’t require any maintenance and will grow on its own in a few days or ship. It is packed at the peak of freshness in dry ice to ensure no loss of quality and will ship within 24 hours of arrival
A Wheatgrass Cat Grass for Healthier Whiskers is a nutritious treat for your cats that will provide them with fiber and vitamins. In many homes, cats are commonly known to be finicky about their food. Wheatgrass cat grass is a natural for turning your feline’s attention away from other rugs and furniture.
2. Organic Cat Grass Growing kit
- Organic seed mix
- Contains calendula, moringa, corn flower, and chamomile
- The seeds will natural fiber in intestines
- For hairball control
- Prevents constipation
- Helps with food digestion
- Ensures happy and healthy cats
- Safe to use
- Last longer than flax seed
- Easy to grow
3. Window Garden Pop Up Cat Grass Kit
- Brand has great Amazon reviews
- Portable – easy to take on the go or on vacation
- Doesn’t take up much space
- Resistant to mold
- Taller than similar products
- Doesn’t have an auto-shut off
- 2-3 weeks to fully grow
- Product is made of thin, cheap plastic that’s glued together, meaning it can fall apart easily
The Window Garden Pop Up Cat Grass is one of our top picks for the best cat grass. This is especially suitable for cats who like to scratch the grass, as they can’t scratch through this one. Our kitty was actually digging up our real grass and sprouting it in the window garden.
The kit is specifically designed for indoor use and comes with organic non-GMO white and green wheatgrass seeds. It’s designed for your pets’ convenience, unlike some other products on the market.
4. Cat Grass Seeds by Perfect Plants
- Non-GMO – no pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or genetically modified organisms
- Guaranteed to grow: 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Made in the USA
- As little as 10 days for germination
- Minimal watering needed
- All natural – fertilizer and pesticide free ingredients
- Great for cats with sensitive digestive systems
- Safe for both indoor and outdoor plants
- Greener pastures is easy to grow, even for very young kids
- A source of fiber for stomachs and intestines
- The pieces are relatively big, which can be a problem if you’re adding it to a very small cat bed.
- If the seeds aren’t cleaned properly, it can attract ants.
- If you plan to add some flavors to the seeds, you need to make sure the flavor doesn’t overwhelm the fragrances that naturally occur in the grass.
Welcome to our final pick for the best cat grass! This choice comes courtesy of Perfect Plants and contains the following:
1lb. Bag of guaranteed 100% satisfaction grass seeds.
5. Non-GMO, Thunder Acres Premium Wheat Seed
6. Handy Pantry Organic Cat Grass Kit
- Great value for the money
- Organic, Non-GMO wheatgrass
- Easy to maintain
- Perfect for those who arent green-thumbed
- Has 3 trays to ensure your cat gets the variety in her/his diet
- Seeds don’t seem to last long
- Recommended to keep the shopping list for future replacement
Cat grass is a great and healthy treat for your kitty. Especially if you’re planning to feed your cat vegetarian or vegan sources. Plus, it’s much cheaper and organic.
This kit comes with 3 trays, soil pucks and 3 packs of non-GMO wheatgrass seeds. Each tray is 1/3 of a tablespoon of seeds.
The first tray contains the seeds in the photo above.
7. CAT Grass/PET Grass Refill KIT
- 3-pack means more grass for your cat
- 100% organic cat grass
- The refill kit comes with instructions
- The holes in the tray are large enough so the grass can grow
—Lets You Keep a Continuous Supply of CAT Grass in Your Home for Your Kitty!
This is a cat grass kit for kitten owners who want a continuous supply of grass for their cat.
The grass is USDA Organic and 100 percent biodegradable. It’s completely safe if your cat loves to nibble. Cat grass promotes healthier digestion for felines, plus it’s also known to help maintain a clean intestinal tract.
8. Compostable Cat Grass Grow Bag Kit
While convenient, store-bought food for your pets come at a hefty price. Which is why lots of pet owners resort to growing their own cat grass. The Compostable Cat Grass Grow Bag Kit can be purchased in three different sizes to fit any size of cat.
This cat grass grow bag kit is fertilizer-free and has a unique blend of top quality, 100% all-natural seeds available in a variety of nutritious grasses.
It’s the ultimate solution to keep your fur baby health and happy!
9. 100% Organic Cat Grass Seed
- Very healthy, fresh, and natural
- Just one to three days! See your grass grow
- Excellent for the digestive system
- Contains only natural ingredients, no additives
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Ideal for all types of cats and kittens
- Great for older cats suffering from dental and jaw problems, weight loss, hairballs, and more
- Added folic acid, vitamins, and minerals
- Also suitable for rabbits, guinea pigs, birds, and other small animals
- Fully biodegradable
- Some reviewers have found that it takes longer to grow
- Can get moldy/damp if not stored correctly
- Often contains pellets, which may cause diarrhea, and should be avoided
- The grass can dry out relatively quickly
- Doesn’t last as long as other types of cat grass
10. Organic Wheat Grass Seeds
- The organic ingredients are guaranteed
- Easy to grow
- Free from harmful pesticides
- Healthier for cats overall
- Will produce more than enough grass for your cat
- Free seeds provide a plentiful amount
- Will grow in just about all geographical climates
- Packaging is very small
- Bright green color blends well with most decor
- No guarantees if your cat will actually use it
- Takes quite a while to grow
- You may have to provide it with heat
We really like this product because it contains exactly what it advertises. It’s made with wheat grass seeds that your cats will love. Your cats would love it because it’s something natural, and you would love it because it’s a healthier alternative.
Your new cat grass need not take up much space. The packaging of the seeds is small, which in turn means that it takes up very little space. This packaging also ensures that the seeds stay healthy during their travel here.
It’s an excellent product overall since it provides you and your pet with tangible benefits all at the same time.
11. Wheat Grass Seed 1lb
This is the best wheatgrass seed on Amazon for cats, based on the hands-on experience and the reviews of people who have used it. Wheatgrass is a good source of nutrients, including minerals, dietary fiber, and several vitamins, and includes a small quantity of calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, riboflavin, niacin, thiamine, and vitamin B6.
Because of the special nutritive value of wheatgrass, it is, both for humans and for cats and dogs, a great way to fight against constipation, a parasite infection, an early stage of kidney failure, and any other digestive problems the animal has.
When offered in very small amounts, the wheatgrass will be beneficial for the animal’s digestive tract, because it encourages regular water and food intake.
12. Catit Senses 2.0 Grass Planter
- Healthier alternative to litter
- Easy to use – just add water and the grass will start growing
- Can be a fun and healthy treat for your cat
- No risk of impaction or stomach problems
- The grass grows much faster than you expect –perfect to keep your cat occupied
- Grows well even in low light
- The grass can last up to a year
- Made from heavy-duty plastic
- Multiple cats can play with it simultaneously
- Smaller than it looks
13. Easy Cat Grass Kit
- Easy to set up
- It’s organic and also non-GMO
- Doesn’t lose its shape
- Doesn’t mold
- Has a neutral smell
- It’s lightweight
- It’s pleasing to look at
- It’s very easy to clean up
- It’s fun to use
- It’s perfect for cats
- A bit expensive
- The seeds tend to fly out of the grass due to the wind
- You have to be gentle when cleaning it
- It’s not low maintenance
- It doesn’t last very long
14. Window Garden
- Easy to use
- Beautiful design
- Satisfied customers
Cats have a natural instinct to chew grass. It supplements their normal diet, helps digestion and can be an effective aid in the prevention of hairballs.
Window Garden: This kit is intended to help cat owners. But it can also be used as a novelty gift for pet-lovers. Cats can grow up to ten pounds of their own grass in a small pot. It comes with organic seed, wheatgrass. A pot, and the mesh screen. The grass grows inside the pot. So you can move it around as your cat plays with it. When you want to remove the grass, you gently remove the seedling.
15. TotalGreen Holland Cat Grass Grow Kit
- Note: If you’re looking for an instruction manual, you can download it here.
16. Van Ness Cat Oat Garden Kit
- Natural and safe – it doesn’t use pesticides or herbicides
- Non-GMO seeds
- Easy to grow mane
- The display is colorful yet tasteful
- Great for kids
- Comes with detailed instructions and the seeds are packaged separately in resealable mylar bags
- It looks realistic and can be tucked away anywhere in the house
- The packaging – from the instructions to the seeds – is incredibly high quality
- The grass itself is nice and green
- Small seeds so may have issue sprouting
- You can’t decorate the measuring cup of the grass feeder
- Instructions for straws on the grass kit isn’t clear and thin materials may break
- You may need to explain to your cat how the grass works
- Flimsy plastic cups in the grass kit
According to reviews, 75% of the customers recommend it. 3 out of every 5 owners say they’ll reorder it once their grass runs out.
The Van Ness Cat Oat Grass Kit is well suited for those who own a cat and would like to keep it indoors or keep it healthy while it’s indoors.
17. Organic Wheatgrass Growing Kit
- No more pests – pests won’t attack because there’s no toxic chemicals
- Significantly quicker growth – most of our customers reported that it grows at least 4x faster than the traditional garden
- Sheer convenience – in about a week you’ll have fresh, ready-to-eat leaves
- The nutrients are preserved in the leaves – unlike the grass in your lawn, these grasses don’t convert the food into stalks and roots
- You need to water it every couple of days
- It needs a constant temperature and shouldn’t be exposed to extreme temperatures or sunlight
- Once you plant it, it won’t grow in winter
- It’s probably not suitable for children due to the sharp leaves
18. Reclaimed Barnwood Style Planter Wheatgrass Kit
- The kit is pretty simple to make, and doesn’t take too long to set up
- It’s easy to maintain
- Features soft-yet-hard bristles and is well-positioned to support most seats comfortably
- The wheels are large and have locking brakes for safety
- The pneumatic wheels make it easy to adjust the height
- The wheels are made of plastic, and they can be a bit noisy
- The swivel wheels aren’t as large as they could be
- The monitors have a pretty fuzzy picture
If you’re looking for a high-end wheelchair for your baby, the Miamily M80 could be the one for you. This is a genuinely quality product that will last your little one for a long time to come.
Not only is this wheelchair extremely durable, but it’s comfortable as well. The pneumatic wheels make it super easy to adjust the height while also making for a smooth ride. The wheels are made of plastic, and they can be a bit noisy. Apart from that, the wheels are large and have locking brakes for you to ensure your little one’s safety while out and about.
19. Smartykat Sweet Greens Cat Grass Kit
- Made from 100% pure well-rooted grass
- Non-GMO, 100% natural grass
- Cat-safe fertilizer and microbial enrichment
- Digestive aid
- Made from non-invasive and 100% organic quality
- Grow fresh grass with a sprinkle of love
- Enriched with safe, natural, organic nutrients
- Pure, two-tone, natural, 100% grass
- The ultimate cat treat
- Not the best looking cat grass
- Growth is very slow
- Pre-sowing care not adequate
The Smartykat Sweet Greens Cat Grass Kit is a 100% natural grass and herb mix from the USA. Each kit contains 38 stems of five different types of grass.
This high-quality organic grass will keep your pet fully healthy and will improve overall well-being. The superfood packed in this kit added to the freshness and flavor will provide your cat with an excellent treat.
20. Cat Grass Kit
/Natural, Grass Seeds Free, Safe and Healthy for Kitties/Cats Summary: This kit is for indoor cats or those who only get outdoors for short periods of time. It provides grass and also acts as a hideout for your cat. This kit comes with all you need to grow 15 seedlings. It comes with seeds of corn, barley, rye and wheat. You also get the clay soil, planter, spoons, trowel and step-by-step instructions. This kit is completely compostable so there’s no mess to deal with. The seedlings will grow in a few days and you may have to transplant them in a larger pot later. This kit will give you many months of enjoyment and company for your cat. It should also help reduce hairballs.
- Made in the USA
- Only natural ingredients, meaning no chemicals or fillers
- A great value for excellent quality
- Has 18 reviews with a 5-star rating or higher
- It’s easy to use and very affordable
- Great for both indoor and outdoor cats
- The grass is organic and grown without pesticides
- The wheatgrass is grown without using chemicals, artificial fertilizers, or herbicides; no pesticides
- It grows quickly and retains the nutrients
One thing you should know about cats is that they like to chew and eat grass. This may be because cats eat grass to aid in digestion. And this cat grass may just help them with that.
This is the list of the best cat grass you can find on the market right now. The market is very competitive, so you have to take in consideration whether the cat grass you think might be the best cat grass is actually the best.
As a pet owner and a cat lover, this should matter to you because you would surely want what is best for your cat. Whether it be the best cat food, the best cat hammock, cat toys, or even the best cat grass.
22. Smartcat 3844 Kitty’S Garden Edible Grass Planter
- Comes in 3 attractive sizes
- Very affordable
- Made from a thermoplastic resin
- The plastic container is not easily tipped over
- The container is made from completely recyclable material
- Easy to maintain
- Safe for your pets
- Dishwasher safe
- A bit small for some breeds
- Doesn’t work for all types of furry pets
Smartcat 3844 Kitty’s Garden Edible Grass Planter, which is a brilliant choice for your pet friends. The second thing that cat owners will surely notice about this product is that the filler is made from thermoplastic resin.
As a cat owner, you know that cats like to chew on just about anything they can get their paws on, but this grass container is made from silicon carbide. Without sounding too much like you’re a commercial, this grass container sits atop a pedestal as opposed to on the ground.
The next thing many cat owners will notice is that this grass is actually edible for cats. It’s baked in the sun and has nutrients that your pets will definitely enjoy sinking their claws in. These tubs also come in three different sizes to pick from.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best cat grass to buy?
I added a section at the end of this article with my personal selection of the top cat grass brands.
It’s important to point out that not all cat grass is created equal! Some grasses are specifically made with cats in mind, while many other kinds of grasses are not.
Cats can only eat a small handful of kinds of grasses. The most common of these are the rabbit grass and the wheatgrass. Both of these grasses are very safe for cats to eat. Check the list of ingredients according to the bag you buy.
If you have cats that you know are prone to eating ground, such as your indoor cat, you might want to consider getting wildflower seeds. These are very safe for cats, and may even relieve their urge to eat ground.
Should I give my indoor cat grass?
Cats love to love grass and catnip. You can buy grass for cats at a pet store and grow it, you can grow it indoors, you could grow it in a pot, or you can grow it in a water bottle and put it in a place your cat visits easily.
Your cat will find it.
If you get grass for cats, you will notice that it will excrete a substance similar to catnip when it gets old. But, your cat will get a kick out of it anyway.
What kind of grass is safe for cats?
Before you get alarmed thinking cat grass has some sort of toxic ingredient, let me first point out that cat grass is not really grass at all, at least not in the typical sense. Cat Grass (or Cat Grass) contains no wheat or corn. It is actually an herb, a type of broad leafed plant that is rich in chlorophyll. Chlorophyll has been scientifically known to reduce stress in humans and animals.
Does cat grass keep growing?
Cat grass is a cat treat and growing it will depend on how well you take care of it.
Most people will treat this like any other indoor plant by keeping them in a sunny window.
It also helps when you are watering not to overwater.
Finally, most of the time, they will be dead after one season and you will have to reorder some more.
If you’re wondering how one can grow something that your cat will eat, then you’re in the right place! Cat grass is one type of food that cats enjoy eating, though some must be introduced to eating grass.
Cat grass is a great idea when you’re looking for a little something more than just cat food. There’s no need for you to feel guilty by giving your furry friend your usual salad, garnished with sugary dressing of course!
|Todd's Seeds||Best Overall|
|Van Ness Cat Oat Garden Kit||Budget Pick|
|Reclaimed Barnwood Style Planter Wheatgrass Kit||Upgrade Pick|