Lately, there has been a surge of new cat hammock products on the market. There are just so many different styles and designs of cat hammocks these days that the overall number of choices can be a little overwhelming.
That’s why I’ve put together this comprehensive guide that explores all of the different types of cat hammock designs, reviews their pros and cons, and highlights the best cat hammock products currently available!
Cat hammocks are a great alternative to common kitty beds because they provide a little more room for your cat to play, sleep, and lounge. It’s great way for them to get a little more exercise on the ground since they’re less susceptible to injury when jumping down from higher levels.
The best cat hammock will be a signature piece for your cat to lounge in or to play on. You may even have to coax them out at times as well! They can work great for multiple cats, especially since you can stack them for appealing multiple levels.
The cat hammock is a simple, beautiful, and functional way to pamper your cat and it makes a great gift too!
|AmazonBasics Cat Scratching Post and Hammock||Best Overall|
|JOYELF Cat Hammock Bed Pet Cage Hammock||Budget Pick|
|CatastrophiCreations Fabric Raceway Hammock Lounger Wall-Mounted Cat Shelving||Upgrade Pick|
1. AmazonBasics Cat Scratching Post and Hammock
- Easy to assemble
- Fits up to 4-5.5 lbs, or 2.25-3kg
- Suits both long legged and short legged cats
- Comes flat packed
- 9 x 10 x 2 inches = ‘mini’ size
- Made from sustainable eco-friendly material
- Available in ‘small’ or ‘mini’ size
2. UsefulThingy Cat Hammock/Ferret
- Highly rated with more than 3000 reviews
- The hammock comes in 3 designs: Star Wars, Astronaut and Pupper
- Anti-skid foam pads are included to prevent slipping
- Easy to set up and attach, thanks to the curved hook anchors
- Attaches to most cages without interfering with the cage door
- Does not get in the way of your pet’s food dish or litter box, thanks to the foldable design
- Durable, waterproof and comfortable for your pet
- 3 replacement parts are included in the package (glue, hook and foam pads)
- Versatile – can be used for your pets small animals like rats, ferrets, rabbits and chinchillas
3. CUSFULL Cat Hammock Bed Comfortable Hanging Pet Hammock Bed
It’s no secret that cats, whether they’re indoor or outdoor ones, love to sleep in elevated places. And one way to give your cat that desire is by giving them a hammock to rest on.
The Cusfull cat hammock bed is not only great for your cat but it comes at an affordable price – you can get it for a little less than a dollar a hammock.
The design of the hammock is a bit different from other hammocks we reviewed – it has a U shape, which most likely helps keep the cat in the hammock more than other zig-zag based designs. This is because there are no edges or corners where the cat could escape.
4. Paws & Pals 3-in-1 Cat Scratching Post w/Hammock & Toy
- Higher quality than the average cat tree
- The extra durable scratching panels will give your cat hours of fun
- It’s very easy to assemble due to the step by step instructions
- The included toy will keep your cat entertained
- Some cats may have a hard time fitting in
- The price is somewhat high for the average user
Some cat owners are willing to invest in items that will prolong the life of their furniture. The Paws & Pals 3 in 1 cat scratcher is truly the first thing you’ll ever have to assemble. This unique scratch furniture will engage your cat with its cute playful design and the soft plush material.
5. Art of Paws Cat Shelf
If you’re cat lover looking to rescue a cat in need, or if you want to make your kitty’s life that much more comfortable, this cat shelf is the one for you. Even if you don’t have a pet, you’ll still love how uplifting this cat shelf is.
In particular, this design will fit in any room of your home, including the study, bedroom, living room, kitchen, laundry room, or bathroom. It will also fit in with any home decor scheme.
This bed comes in a lightweight package that’s made of wood and a perch. It will come with instructions manual along with the mounting screws, wall anchors, and washers.
6. JOYELF Cat Hammock Bed Pet Cage Hammock
- Fits cats and kittens up to 8 pounds
- Easy installation
- Durable and well-made
- Comes with a 100% guarantee
- Too small for large breeds
- The price could be more balanced with the size
Rating: 4.9 Stars
If you’re looking for a comfortable hangout space for your beloved cat or small dog, then the Joyelf Pet Hammock is a great option. It comes with a heavy-duty metal frame and soft cushion underneath for optimal relaxation.
The design of the Joyelf cat hammock is different from most other cat beds; it’s shaped like a snug sleeping bag. It comes in a convenient storage bag that you can easily transport when your cat is done napping. The soft and fluffy napping bed is attached to the metal frame with safety clips. And it’s good to note that this product is made in the USA, so you can be assured that it’s of high quality.
7. Trixie Miguel Fold and Store Cat Tower
The Trixie Miguel Fold and Store cat tower is great for smaller spaces or homes with multiple cats. It folds flat for easy storage, but can be set up in less than a minute. This cat tree comes with a carpeted platform, a sisal scratching post, a detachable flower pot, and a ladder. It’s made from a mix of carpet, wood, and plastic.
The carpeted cat tree is great for young kittens as it’s easy on their paws. This platform is also a great place for cats to rest and relax. The pet can use this nap pad as he or she pleases, either lying down – or to rest his/her head. The carpet on this platform is a very good material, and my cat likes to stretch out and sleep on it.
You can choose either to have the cat tree stand on the floor or to add the platform and let it stand on a table or desk. The pet can hide and play in the detachable flower pot, or use it as a place to rest or sleep.
8. ALXDR Cat Hammock Hanging Type Kitten Bed Detachable Pet Linen Sling Attic Multi-useage Breathable Loft
The motion and energy from a feline is unbelievable. This is why it’s important to look for a hammock that can comfortably support your feline companion. This cat hammock from ALXDR is a very attractive hammock for pets.
The hammock is quite large, measuring 29” x 23.2”. It’s ideal for multiple cats and/or kittens. It also has high sides that further adds to the comfort levels. In terms of durability, this cat hammock is made from a breathable fabric with waterproof backing; this ensures that it’ll last for several years.
Even though this is a hammock, you might want to use a tougher fabric so that your feline friend can stay comfortable. You can further customize the cat hammock by attaching a water or food bowl. You can also use it to hang toys.
9. CatastrophiCreations Cat Lounge Hammock Wall Mounted Lounger
As one of the best cat loungers, the CatastrophiCreations Cat Lounge Hammock Wall Mounted Lounger is one of the favorites.
Size-wise, the CatastrophiCreations Cat Lounge Hammock measures:
The CatastrophiCreations Catnip Tree House design is the ideal cat accessory for climbing and playing. Even if your kitty is a bit older, they can still explore this tree and its three levels.
10. Cat Hammocks Bed Use
- Easy to Install: Either use the rivets or the adhesive. Suction cups are not secure but can be used to position until your pet gets used to his new bed.
- For all pets: Breed could be a consideration. But it fits all of mine.
- Durable: This little critter lounger is high quality and has a removable washable cover.
- Versatile: There were many days that I would put this over my dog cage while I was letting the dogs out or at night. Now, I put it over my cat cages for sleep time.
- Not a hammock stand: This is a pet bed with hammock like sides but is not made for hanging or attachment of hammocks.
- Can’t be outdoors or in an area with extreme temperatures. When I first put it together I accidentally left it outside and after 3 hrs it was stuck to the ground. However the material seems to be quite sturdy and it doesn’t look like the threads will tear.
The Cat Hammock bed is a full size bed for your pet. The bed has two sides. Either side can be up. The black side has a soft and cozy black fleece cover with sides that are covered in nylon.
11. pidan Cat Hammock Cat Beds
The Pidan cat bed is suitable for all sized cats and is easily installed on a wall, crate, or even a door. It’s compact, lightweight, and portable. Also, it can be folded and easily stored.
This cat hammock is made of high quality felt and wood. The frame is made from tubular steel and soft supporting net. It is recommended that the floor plate be mounted on the ground, but you can also mount it on a door or wall. The design is compact and sturdy, so you can easily take your cat to any room of your house and put it down anywhere comfortable.
There is also a built-in safety lock to prevent your cat from jumping and falling. The bed comes disassembled in a box but is as simple as any other hammock to set-up.
12. RayCC Ajustable Cat Hammock Cat Bed Sleeping Hammock Hanging Cage Chair Hammock
- Fabric and steel material is breathable, soft, healthy and easy to clean
- With a hook and steel string, it is easy to hang your cat to enjoy the happiness of lying on top of the hammock
- The two hammocks can be separated for different uses
- The hammock can prevent your cat from harming itself on sharp or dangerous objects
- The hammock is Ajustable which can suit different cats from 4 to 6 kg
- It is easy to fall over when cat is on it.
- The material of the hammock is soft but not very durable.
Or Puppy,2 Sizes.
Cats are very independent among pets, and it is natural for cats to feel lonely when they are not with their family. So cat hammocks will improve their life.This cat hammock is made with a steel frame and a breathable material, and it can be used either indoors or outdoors. Different from other hammocks in the market, you can adjust it to the size of the cat that you want to use it. Having an adjustable cat hammock at home can let you enjoy the happiness of your cat lying on it.
13. NOYAL Cat Resting Seat Perch Window Hammock Cats Kitty Safety Bed
- The blankets are woven tightly with an extra layer of padding inside
- The hammock folds down to an incredibly compact size
- It’s easy to install and adjust to the right position
- Comes with 2 suction cups to fix the hammock securely to a glossy surface
- If the suction cups are too rough they will damage the surface
- Cats can remove the hammock quite easily (they have to make an effort)
- Some cats won’t use it
Our reviewers loved this hammock by NoYAL, especially the high quality and performance.
They said the material was strong and thick enough to hold the cat in place.
In fact, the hammock is so strong that it can support over 30 lbs – a significantly higher weight than most other perching seats.
14. LIFIS Cat Window Perch Cat Window Bed Hammock Up to 55lb Can Be Installed on Small Window Soft Mats Stable Metal Frames Kitty Sunny Seat
- Easily installed, doesn’t require any tools
- Suitable for hanging on a wide range of window sizes
- Very durable, built to last
- Easy to clean
- Greatly reduces the anxiety associated with your cat’s separation from you
- Can act as a scratch post
- A bit small, may not comfortably fit larger cats
- A bit expensive
The LIFIS cat window bed hammock is an excellent choice for your feline friends, especially if you are often away from home for long periods of time and want to keep them occupied and entertained. Its design makes it a great place for your cat to sleep and play if they get bored being alone at home. It also minimizes the amount of jumping they do, i.e., they won’t spend as much time trying to get your attention from the staircase or chandelier. It has a sturdy built and is very easy to install. The manufacturer recommends that you install it when you are at home so that you can help them get comfortable with walking on it. A good feature of this model is that it can support weights of up to 50 kg, which means it will work with both indoor and outdoor cats. LIFIS offers a 12-month warranty, which is another point in its favor.
15. OCSOSO Cat Hammock Kitten Pet Cage Hammock Bed Hanging Soft Under Chair
16. Sunny Seat Window Mounted Cat Bed Cat Hammock Pet Save Space
- Made of strong and durable materials
- Comes in various sizes to suit your cat
- Easy to install, no assembly required
- Folds flat for easy storage
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Includes mounting bracket and screw anchors
- May be difficult for some owners to install
- Cat bed support may be uncomfortable
- Cat may not like it
- Some users found that the mounting brackets were too short for certain windows
- Not ideal for older cats with mobility problems
The Sunny Seat Window Mounted Cat Bed is a great option for cat owners who are looking to save space with their cat furniture.
This durable cat bed hammock is specifically designed to be mounted on a window and can be used by cats of all sizes. It folds flat for storage and can be easily equipped onto a window via the included mounting bracket.
17. Cat Crib
- Easy to attach – screws and mounting hardware provided
- No assembly required – just unpack and hang
- Easily move-able, lightweight, and portable
- Folds up neatly and neatly for storage in the included carrying bag
- Fits a pet bed for a “kitty condo”
- No-slip fabric
- Sturdy material – completely out of reach of a curious cat
- Impressive weaves – looks and feels like stitched fabric
- Firm – it doesn’t really offer a comfortable sleeping space for larger cats
- Not weather-resistant – mildew growth is likely during the rainy season
- The included plastic clips don’t hold the hammock’s weight for long
- Could be a tad shorter
Cat owners will tell you that their household pets are part of the family and deserve the best.
The Cat Crib is a product that cat owners can definitely appreciate.
This hammock is a specially sewn hammock with a comfy bed built-in.
18. Cat Perch Cat Window Perch Window Cat Perch Hammock Cat Window Hammock Bed Cat Window Seat Kitty Window Sunny Seat Durable Big Pet Perch
- Well-made and durable
- The perch is easy to maintain
- Easy to install
- Provides a comfy place to rest
- Can help prevent from throw-dying
- It’s an ideal for senior cats or cats with arthritis
- There could be a slight gap between the bottom of the hammock and the wall
- It’s not safe for cats with a prey instinct to poop on the bottom of the hammock
- The suction cups are not that highly-rated
This is the best cat hammock for keeping your cat from tracking litter all over the house. Instead, it’ll be able to poop on the hammock without making a mess. Pet owners who have to work away from home everyday will also benefit from having this product.
Furthermore, it’s a stylish, comfy hammock that your cat will be able to lounge comfortably on. You can even rest your cat on your lap while you're watching TV or reading a book.
The thick hammock can hold up to 60lbs and the installation is nice and easy.
19. Trixie Baza Grande
- Durable, long-lasting cat tower
- Large and sturdy enough for multiple cats
- Easy assembly and cleanliness – removable plush surface
- Minimalist design
- Three levels – climb up to the biggest one
- Comes with a cat treat
- Made of natural sisal rope
- No chemicals or harmful substances used
- Does not come with a catbox and scratching pads
- Can be difficult to assemble
- Cats may be afraid of the hammock
The Trixie Baza Grande, Baza Senior, Scratching Post, Cat Tree with Hammock for Cats is ideal if you’re looking for a sturdy cat tree that can withstand the pressure of your BFF (´～´). It can accommodate multiple cats, which is good if you have a big family or a shelter accommodating for cats.
It’s also super easy to maintain – just toss in the washing machine and the material is completely machine washable.
The included catnip can’t hurt as a welcome gift either!
20. FEANDREA Cat Tree Condo House
When it comes to cat furniture, most people only think of cat trees. However; why do you need a cat tree when most household cats are better off indoors. What you need is a cat hammock.
Cat hammocks aren’t just for hanging. They’re an impressive way to add space and comfort in your home. It’s remarkable what a hammock can do for your cats! In this article, we’ll be comparing the Evolv Scratch Lounge Cat Hammock with the M Monster Scratch Cat Hammock. So let’s get started.
The Evolv Scratch Lounge Cat Hamock is one of VIVO’s most popular products. It’s the best indoor cat hammock on the market for a few reasons.
21. Vea pets Luxury Cat Hammock
- Limited time pricing on Amazon
- Sturdy design; holds up to 55 pounds
- There are 2 types of hammock: fabric and net
- No assembly required for the net version
- Some cat owners have reported issues with the jute and the fabric
Our choice for the best cat hammocks in 2020 is the Vea Pets Luxury Cat Hammock.
If you are going to buy a cat hammock you probably have more than one cat or dog the reasons behind this is simple in the real life your pets sleep together or in a group and the cat hammock solves the problem. Your pets will never be together but you can always keep them happy with the retro style cat hammock.
A lot of cat owners are face to face with the problem, when they are going to work and they can’t take their cat, usually the cats are trembling in front of the door and they cry sadly when they’re left alone.
22. CatastrophiCreations Fabric Raceway Hammock Lounger Wall-Mounted Cat Shelving
- Sturdy and built to last
- Easy to set up
- Attractive piece, no matter where you place it
- Very affordable
- Comfortable for your cat
- It’s not a hammock or a lounge chair
- It can only hold cats between 7 and 9 kg
CatastrophiCreations’ Fabric Raceway Hammock is a great option if you’re looking for a beautiful piece of furniture to complement the decor of your modern home.
It comes in flashy and attractive colors. Plus, it’s durable and is made from high-quality materials. Thus, it will look nice in any room or any apartment.
The CatastrophiCreations’ Fabric raceway Hammock is over 1m long. So, it’s a relatively large cat bed. This means it can support heavier cats and it can also hold multiple animals.
23. Pakeway Cat Window Perch Hammock Cat Bed
- It can support a wide range of cats and medium-sized dog.
- It is made of non-toxic material that is safe to touch and use.
- It has upgraded one stronger suction cup that is easy to assemble and use.
- It is easy to clean.
- The cat hammock is very comfortable for you cats and pets.
- The hammock is suitable for different seasons as well as different occasions.
- It will beautify your home atmosphere.
- The hammock is suitable for small size cats only.
- It is not suitable for outdoor use.
- It may take you some times to get used to it.
The new upgraded hammock that We offer you is a perfect companion for your cats and pets. It is portable, versatile, comfortable and beautiful at the same time. It is very sturdy and can hold up to 50 pounds with the new strengthened suction cups. This hammock is easily assembled and disassembled with no tools required. It is made of eco-friendly and pet-friendly materials. Moreover, the material is easy to clean and dry. It is very convenient for cats to get into and out of the hammock on a daily basis.
24. Oster Sunny Seat Window-Mounted Cat Bed
- Sturdy, but lightweight
- Good for larger breeds
- Easily installed
- Quite expensive
- Not suitable for small cats
This lightweight hammock is constructed out of weather-resistant steel. With the locking frame, you can easily remove the sleeping platform from your window.
The hammock is quite affordable and a great deal for cats of different sizes. It’s made for cats and kittens over 5 pounds, or for dogs weighing less than 50 pounds.
It’s designed to hold a large or medium sized cat or dog, and it installs easily with just a few screws. It even comes with the mounting bracket, so there’s no need to scrounge around for one.
25. Luxury Cat Hammock
- Cat tested and cat approved
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Sturdy construction
- Upgraded with plastic plugs
- Provides soft and comfortable resting place
- Has a sleek, modern look
- A bit pricey
- Smaller than expected
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do cats like hammocks?
Cats sleep a lot. That's usually because kitties are either very old, very young, and/or they're just plain lazy. However, older cats also need a quiet place to rest where they won't be disturbed. Sometimes they don't want to be disturbed at all.
Sleeping places are a big deal for cats, and they just don't care what they're sleeping on. Whether it's a real tree branch or a bunch of old dirty laundry in the corner, cats usually don't discriminate.
Which brings us to the cat hammock. If it's comfortable enough for a cat to sleep on, then you can bet it's good enough for a human.
It's actually recommended that cat owners keep a few hammocks around the house for pets to sleep in. Although you may never find your cat in one, if you do, the hammock will at least come in handy when you need to repot it.
Where do you hang a cat hammock?
Check your ceilings! A hammock is a great way to let your cat nap high while keeping him or her off your furniture and in different parts of the house. The hammock usually goes over the top of a door or hangs off the ceiling. You can get your cat to enjoy his hammock by treating it as his own personal tent, making it a cozy, comfortable space.
What type of bed do cats prefer?
When thinking of what type of bed to get your cat, you should first consider what kind of cat you have. Cats are generally either active or not. Knowing this will help you choose the right bed.
For instance, if you have a playful cat who chases after your feet and jumps on your lap at every opportunity, you really should consider getting something soft. Soft beds are a favorite spot for cats to rub their cheeks up on and they often make a purring sound to show you how much they enjoy the bed.
If you have a more laid-back feline, you might want to go with a nice barrel bed. These types of kitty bed offer insulation from the ground, which your cat may enjoy during the warmer months. These often have a nice cushion placed inside of them as well.
What is the best cat window perch?
Cat trees are great, but you need to be sure it will fit through the windows of the home. Without this dilemma, these hammocks would be an all around favorite. Most cats are likely to just take to it once they get the hang of it. You and the cat can look forward to a more enriching nap time together.
The PetFusion Ultimate Cat hammock is an excellent choice for the adventurous cat. With the added advantage of a shelf for sitting or a soft cushion underneath, cats have the height to survey the world while feeling safe from harm. And, for the ambitious cat, the hammock can be used for high-up views before flying to their favorite perch.
Every year, people spend billions on their pets. They lay down the cash for pet food, obedience lessons, and toys. If you want to pamper your cats a little bit with something both fun and functional, a cat hammock may be the perfect way to treat them. But how do you go about choosing the best cat hammock for your little fuzzy family member? In this article, we will help you learn all about the best cat hammock on the market, the features you should be looking for, and how to choose one that matches your home. So read on to find out all about the best hammock for your cat!
|AmazonBasics Cat Scratching Post and Hammock||Best Overall|
|JOYELF Cat Hammock Bed Pet Cage Hammock||Budget Pick|
|CatastrophiCreations Fabric Raceway Hammock Lounger Wall-Mounted Cat Shelving||Upgrade Pick|