Cat harnesses are used to keep your cat close to you and prevent them from wandering too far away. If you have a cat that doesn’t like to wear a collar, you should consider getting a cat harness.
A cat harness is a lot safer and more comfortable for your cat than a collar, so you can explore more ways to have fun with your cat.
Cat harnesses come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles. They’re more convenient to wear than cat collars, and they are often preferred by cat owners. They also help you keep your cat safe.
We’ve reviewed 7 of the best cat harnesses on the market right now, outlined the different types of cat harnesses, and explained how cat harnesses work. Check out the cat harness reviews and buying guide below.
|Voyager Step-in Air Dog Harness||Best Overall|
|GAUTERF Kitten and Puppy Universal Harness||Budget Pick|
|Gooby Dog Harness||Upgrade Pick|
1. Voyager Step-in Air Dog Harness
- Ideal for walks, vacation and family trips
- 10% OFF ANY Order – Use Code: Wag10
- Not suitable for heavy-chested dogs
- Might not fit smaller dogs
- Has a plastic buckle
The Voyager harness is a step-in harness that is suitable for both small and medium dogs. It features a breathable mesh with padded chest strap for your dog’s comfort. The Voyager also has a double D-ring on the back for easy leash attachments and a quick release hook buckle.
The Voyager is also backed by a 5-year warranty, which is a nice affirmation of the quality of the product. The Voyager is also tested and certified to be 100% waterproof. So you’re guaranteed to have no problems if you’re out during rainy season.
The Voyager harness comes at an incredible price. We found it to be well-priced compared to other options available online.
2. EcoBark Step in Dog Harness Reflective Soft Ultra Padded Mesh Dog Harnesses
- * Reflective material for visibility in the dark * Comes in white and black * Stylish design for a reflector belt * Easy to put on and adjust * Lightweight * Ideal for everyday use * A good harness for small dogs
This is a great dog harness with everything you could possibly need. It’s a step-in harness with a buckle clip on the back and double welded D-rings. These D-rings also make it easier to attach to your dog’s leash.
This product comes in various sizes, and the adjustment can be easily customized. This dog harness is made from soft padded mesh material and is ideal for everyday use. It comes in white and black, and you can use the reflective material for visibility in the dark. The harness is comfortable and well-made.
We do recommend this product to go for a walk with your dog at night. It’s because the material isn’t suitable for everyday wear as it does pick up dog hair. You can only wash it by hand as it’ll get damaged by the machine. So, you need to be careful when you wash it so the material won’t get ripped.
3. PUPTECK Adjustable Cat Harness Nylon Strap Collar
- Comes with a leash and a carabiner
- Has reflective fabric to make you and your pet visible to passing cars
- Designed with seven adjustable holes, making it great for cats or kittens of different sizes
- Gives your cat the freedom to move around with the attached leash
- Comfortable and adjustable for your pet
- Very good quality at an affordable price
- Perfectly made for your cat to enjoy walking outside
- Could be washed in the washing machine to keep it hygienic
- Sensible fit for cats and kittens
- Your cat will be treated with the utmost respect
- There is no black color option
- No handle on the back to save you from excessive strain
The PUPTECK cat harness is a waterproof nylon harness that comes in three gorgeous colors: pink, blue, and gray.
The excitement and joy your cat feels when you leash and harness it up for a walk is unparalleled. Getting out for its daily walk, your kitty will instead feel valued, happy, and confident.
4. EcoBark Classic Dog Harness Soft Gentle No Pull & No Choke Dog Harnesses Double Padded Halter Ultra Cushioned Walking Breathable Mesh Dog Vest
- The weave construction makes this harness breathable
- The design is light and comfortable for your dog to wear
- A great option for both short and long-haired dogs
- Comes in 10 different colors
- The thread is a bit stiff, which makes it a bit difficult to adjust the size
- Some customers reported that it’s thick and difficult to zip up
- Customer service is poor
The EcoBark Classic Dog Harness is made with breathable woven cotton, which makes it comfortable and lightweight. The weave design is soft and padded, which makes it comfortable for your dog to wear.
The design of this harness is different from most other dog harnesses. It uses a different kind of adjustment system – instead of the traditional buckle, this harness uses a combination of clips, buckles, and snaps.
Also, the straps are designed to cross over the dog’s back, which helps to spread the load evenly. For most dogs, this is a much more comfortable wear.
5. Kitty Holster Cat Harness
- Well-made, sturdy, and lightweight
- Comes with adjustable straps and separators in order to fit cats of all sizes
- Converts into a backpack
- Brilliant design that is comfortable and easy for the cat to move around
- Made of Velcro with a double-strapped suspension for safety and structure
- Includes luggage strap to secure the cat
- Vibrant colors
- Shipping is fast
- Doesn’t fit small cats
- The straps aren’t necessary for most cats, making it too cumbersome
- The clasp in the front can be dangerous and make the cat feel uncomfortable
- The thick strap can hurt the cat’s neck
Overall, the Kitty Holster cat harness is one of the best harnesses you could get your hands on if you want your cat to travel with you. It comes in various sizes and colors – making it easy to find something that fits everyone.
If you like to go on short trips, then this cat harness is perfect for you. It’s easy to put on, and you can use it in a few different ways – making it a versatile harness.
6. Voyager Step-in Plush Dog Harness
- Easy to put on
- Reflective safety patches
- High-quality materials used
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Perfect for dogs with sensitive skin
- Safe and secure
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
- Many dog owners find them to be the best step in harness for dogs
- Not suitable for large and x-large breeds
- The clip that attaches it to the leash can be difficult to get on and off; some dog owners find it hard to get on without the hassle
- The plastic loop that holds the leash can be slightly uncomfortable for smaller dogs. But you can easily cut it off.
The Voyager Step-In Plush Dog Harness is best for your pup’s comfort. It has been designed to fit your little dog perfectly.
The high-quality stitching ensures that it stays in one piece even if your dog pulls. The soft material will not hurt your dog’s skin and will not irritate them in any way.
Sound too good to be true? Or maybe you are still looking for a step-in dog harness for your Labrador?
7. Voyager Step-In Flex Dog Harness
- Interior is made with mesh netting
- Breathable material
- Adjustable for a perfect fit
- Easy to put on
- It doesn’t slip, even on a pulling dog
- Perfect for a variety of outdoor activities
- Doesn’t cause chafing, making it a great all-season harness
- Comes with an attached clip, which is stitched and riveted
- Made from a lightweight material, which doesn’t seem very durable
- Large sizes have some loose threads on the outer layer
- Some customers complain that the decorative stitching comes loose
- If you have a small dog, the spikes on the chest may look strange
Large dogs need more protection than smaller breeds – which is especially important in the winter months. However, you don’t want to overburden them with unnecessary weight.
This is why the Voyager Step-In Flex Dog Harness is such a great option.
8. Authentic Puppia RiteFit Harnesswith Adjustable Neck
- Doesn’t chafe, restricts the chest and neck
- Has the right amount of support for dogs
- Entirely adjustable
- Snug fit on cats
- Seams are well-constructed
- Made from a lightweight, soft material
- Works for all cat types and sizes
- Super convenient for convenience
- Looks sleek and clean
- Cute and functional
- Poor instruction
- The shirt is too long
The setup time takes a while. However, this is nothing that a simple YouTube search can’t fix. The size chart is dependent on the weight of your cat. With that said, if you’ve got a little guy, then a size Small will do fine. If you’re cat is a medium sized kitty, then go for a size medium.
The design of the harness is very simple, sleek, and secure. It has a chest strap and a neck strap. At first, the neck and chest strap may feel a little snug or restrictive. But keep in mind that these aligns with your cat’s movements and will feel very natural.
9. Gooby Dog Harness
If you’re in the market for a harness, the Gooby is a great option. It’s a very lightweight design, which means that it’s 100% comfortable for your dog to wear.
The fit is not adjustable, but it’s very easy to put on and take off. It has two points of adjustment, but you wouldn’t need to mess with either of them.
In addition, it’s very easy to clean. You can basically toss it in the washer. The material is fairly soft, but dogs with sensitive skin may be able to wear it comfortably.
10. DogJog Mesh Harness
- The vest isn’t bulky at all and it’s very soft
- Well-made and sturdy
- The harness is easily adjustable and can fit very small as well as large cats
- Comes in a wide variety of colors and sizes
- The leash is very high quality
- Has reflective strips
- Holds a decent amount of weight
- Durable hardware
- The chest strap is adjustable
- You can use the harness and leash separately (as an arm leash)
- The leash isn’t very long
- The chest strap needs a bit of finagling to get it on your cat
- You need a large opening in the back for it to fit
The GripSoft Cotton Vest Harness is perfect for those who want to get an extra-comfy harness for their cat. This is a great alternative to the hard plastic varieties which can be too heavy. At 1 pounds, this harness is lightweight and easier on your cat.
11. SELMAI Puppy Cat Small Girl Dog Dots Vest Harness Leash Set Mesh Padded No Pull Lead
- Very affordable
- Handmade with superior quality
- Very cute and adorable
- Comes in a variety of designs
- Available in a wide range of sizes
- Comes equipped with a beautiful little pouch
Review: The Selmai carrier is one of the best in the market. It’s made of incredibly soft ventilated mesh, and it has a nylon-reinforced chest belt.
The nylon-reinforced chest belt will ensure that your cat is supported and safe during your journey. The rib fabric on the bottom is designed to prevent chafing and staining from your cat’s claws.
A few customers complained about the mesh scratching the backs of their cats. The solution would be to buy a vest from a company that offers different mesh sizes.
12. Escape Proof Cat Harness
For Indoor Use, Waterproof and Breathable, Fleece Padding Pet Ani.
Your cat can now get a dose of outdoor exercise without having to escape through your windows or dig under your fence. The fabric-padded leashes and the adjustable elastic harnesses makes sure that your cat stays by your side.
The Escape Proof Cat Harness and Leash above is perfect for indoor cats (or for cats that live on the house and have never been outside). It’s your indoor cat’s insurance policy. Plus, if you have multiple cats, these can be used not just for walks, but for keeping them separate inside your home.
13. GAUTERF Kitten and Puppy Universal Harness
- The straps are soft and at the same time they don’t hurt your hands
- The leash extends very well and holds on to objects very strong
- The color, design, and size are perfect for kittens too
- The price is great for what you get
- It looks and feels cheap because of the design
- The color can fade easily
- The leash is on the bigger side
- It’s very hard to put it on, it’s better to put a bit of baby powder on first because the fabric is very stiff
This harness set is the ideal choice for people that have kittens or puppies at home. The manufacturer also offers a range of similar sets in various colors and sizes, so you can choose the one that’s best for you.
The harnesses are also very attractive, especially if you’re someone that likes colorful items. However, the dogs might find the color a bit overwhelming at times, which isn’t exactly ideal in the beginning.
14. PetSafe Come
- Has a adjustable chest and neck
- Provides comfort and support
- Adjustable soft mesh harness
- Neck is adjustable
- Bungee leash conserves energy
- Snap-buckle closure
- Lightweight material
- Fits most breeds
- Comes in several colors
- Breathable material
- Harness could be longer for bigger cats
- Harness could be longer for bigger dogs
- Bungee leash could be longer
- Not suitable for extreme walking
And Kittens, Puppy and Dog Harness with Integrated Bungee Leash for Active Pets.
The PetSafe Come with Me Kitty Harness and Bungee Leash is an excellent choice for small and big cats alike. Small to medium-sized dogs can also use it. It supports an active lifestyle, and its easy to put on.
The collar part of the harness is an adjustable soft mesh. The straps on the back underneath the chest have a soft padding that provides comfort and support. The wait strap has a sturdy tightening device to make sure it fits your pet. These straps are hidden under a layer of fabric which ensures your cat feels protected.
15. SCENEREAL Escape Proof Cat Harness and Leash
The Scenereal escape proof cat harness is perfect for cats who love to explore but want to stay safely by your side.
There is an option to purchase the harness with the leash or without. So depending on your needs you may not need the leash at all.
The size and fit have some options as well. You can adjust the harness from 21 to 26 inches to accommodate your cat’s size.
16. Ruri's Cat Jeans Jacket Harness Vest
The Ruri Cat Jeans Jacket Harness Vest with Matching Lead Leash Set comes with two pieces of attire – vest and leash.
The vest is made from 100% cotton while the lead is made from polyester and nylon. The vest comes in two colors – orange and black.
Both the vest and the lead, are adjustable.
17. Niteangel 2 Pack of Adjustable Cat Harness & Leash Set
- 2 adjustable straps for a perfect fit
- Stylish design
- Lightweight and easy to put on
- Durable material
- Reflective stitching – allows you to keep an eye on your cat day and night
- Cat harnesses are safer than collars
- Free bonus cat toys
- Comes with a carrying pouch for travel
- May not be comfortable for chunky breeds or if your cat is overweight
- The leash doesn’t have a handle for carrying
- Buckle is not very durable
- The black and white straps can get dirty easily
- Not very suitable for large cats
The Niteangel 2 Pack comes with two adjustable cat harnesses and a 2-in-1 anti-pull harness and leash set.
The cat harness has a size chart for choosing the right fit. However, there’s no option for plus size cats.
This cat harness is available in four colors that can be either black and white, pink and white, blue and white, and a purple and violet combination.
18. Mynwood Cat Jacket/Harness Caramel Adult Cat
- Soft and breathable fabric
- Magnetic buckle design is perfect for cats that are easily distracted
- Easily used by older pets, cats with arthritis or mobility disabilities, as well as kittens
- Machine-washable and easy care
- Generous neck support to make walking easier on your pet
If you’re looking for a cat harness that won’t aggravate your cat’s skin or compromise their safety, then this harness is a great option. Coming in a vibrant caramel color, this soft harness is suitable for all-year-round wearing and fine for indoor and outdoor use. The Mywood cat jacket is every bit the attention to detail when it comes to quality and comfort, as well as being affordable in price.
Not only is the Mywood a stylish harness with an excellent budget-friendly price, but it has reinforced, padded shoulder and belly straps to support and comfort your cat throughout their walk. It also has padded chest and belly to comfort your cat.
19. Pet Club Best Walking Dog/Cat Harness and Leash Set Escape Proof
The Pet Club walking harness and leash combo is one of the best on the market. It comes in a variety of sizes, and can be used for dogs and cats. The harness is adjustable and fits snuggly, but won’t restrict you movement.
In addition, they’re front adjustable for an ideal fit. The nylon mesh fabric is breathable and soft to the touch. Plus, the harness is machine washable and should drip dry. If you’re looking for a safe walk, then this leash and harness combo is an excellent choice.
While this harness is extremely effective for most dogs, raccoons, or any dogs with small heads can slip right out of the harness.
20. Niteangel 2-Pack of Adjustable Cat Harness
- Stretchy, adjustable elastics that are comfortable and good for small and medium sized cats
- Material is sturdy but flexible
- While it may seem small, the harness can easily fit any cat thanks to its elasticity
- Reflective material provides extra visibility for your pet
- Allows you to interchange the leash
- Ideal for outdoor use
- Some cats are not too happy about the harness
- It’s a bit difficult to adjust the elastic straps
- No training guide included
We’ve found that the Niteangel adjustable cat harness is a good fit for both small/medium and large cats.
We particularly like the two-pack. Not only does it mean that you can entertain your cat with lots of different looks, but it makes sure you always have a spare on hand in case of an emergency.
This comfortable and flexible design is made using elastic material that will comfortably hug your cat’s body.
21. Petetpet Puppy Harness and Leash,Breathable Adjustable Pet Vest Harness Leash Set
- Adjustable size to fit all adult cats and dogs weighing 0.35 to 20kg
- Keeps your pet safe and secure
- Keep your pet safe and healthy
- The chest strap is perfect for walking
- Breathable, very comfortable for your puppy
- Adjustable waist straps
- Durable and stable, high-quality material
- Using zipper design
- Adjustable chest girth to fit the pet better
- Durable nylon straps won’t fray or tear
Our top pick for the best cat harness is the PETPET Dog Harness and Leash. This harness comes in two sizes and has a beautiful pattern which may catch your cat’s eye. It’s a comfortable fit even for your first-time cat owner.
The PETPET is also made from breathable materials and doesn’t restrict your cat’s movement.
22. BINGPET Escape Proof Cat Harness
- Has a break-away clasp
- Shock-absorbing padding
- Comes in a variety of colors
- It’s easy to adjust and remove
- Has reflective stripes
- Doesn’t inhibit your cat’s breathing in any way
As owners of a cat, safety is a serious consideration as these curious creatures are often prone to risk-taking behavior. That’s when the BINGPET Escape Proof Cat Harness comes in handy.
It’s can be used on cats of all ages, although some might find the adjustable sizes a bit too restrictive. Young kittens would also be catered for, but older cats would be able to fit in one of the sizes.
This harness is perfect for preventing your cat from running away, or wandering into places that are dangerous.
23. Cute Elegant Pink Mesh Dog Cat Pet Vest Harness
- Small, elegant, and colorful pet accessory for a pet’s on-the-go needs
- Harness is made from a lightweight, breathable mesh fabric
- Leash is 8 feet long and made from a durable nylon
- The matching bow tie adds a touch of class
- Handmade materials
- Bowtie is not detachable
- Can be hard to fit on its own, so be sure to have help
- Flimsy at USB ports and power cords
The Cute Elegant Pink Mesh Dog Cat Pet Vest Harness with Bow tie Lace and White Short Skirt Dress Artificial Pearls and Matching Leash Set for Dogs Cats Pets is exactly as described – adorable. The vest is made of breathable mesh which is comfortable for your pup to wear. The small design is a nice addition to your pet’s wardrobe – it’s the perfect accessory for a special occasion.
The matching leash is made from a durable nylon. The ribbon on the leash clip is detachable, but the bowtie is not (it fastens to the vest using velcro).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best type of cat harness?
Cat collars or harnesses?
Cat harnesses are increasingly becoming more popular among cat owners. But which kind of cat harness is the best?
I personally like soft neoprene leash (I¡¯ve previously reviewed the Softouch No Pull Dog Leash.) However, it is only a matter of time before cat harnesses become the standard because I understand the need for extra security since cats are more vulnerable than dogs.
The best cat collars and harnesses provide dogs with more comfort to reduce pulling, but also, more security as cats tend to be slippery than dogs and can get away easily. However, cat harnesses have also proven to reduce asthma and other respiratory problems that some cats exhibit when making sudden movements.
Basically, if you want to know the best type of cat harness, the type that best suits your cat’s needs, you have to know about the different types of cat harness.
What is the best escape proof cat harness?
This is a very subjective question, but my favorite option is still the "PetSafe Easy Walk Cat Harness".
The PetSafe Easy Walk Cat Harness has been my go-to harness for my own cats. For those who are looking for a cat harness that can hold back even the strongest and most coordinated of cats, then the the "PetSafe Easy Walk Cat Harness" is your best bet.
The "PetSafe Easy Walk Cat Harness" is very adjustable, capable of fitting even the largest of cats. It is also lightweight and offers a high quality soft padded interior for your cat's comfort.
The harness is designed to unclip if your cat pulls, which is great because there is a good chance your cat will flee at such a sight. However, if you decide that it is not the perfect option for your cat, you can try the "Cat-It No-Pull Harness"
Are cat harnesses a good idea?
For those who have cats who love to roam the house as well as open windows, a harness is perfect.
When you have a cat with a collar, there is a real risk that he or she will slip out of it and escape.
A harness around your cat’s neck/body will cut out the risk of you cat ending up missing, lost, or hurt.
Always buy harnesses that provide a breakaway section on the back so there is a safe escape route for your cat.
Cats don’t need a harness 24/7. It’s only used when he or she goes outdoors.
You can get an indoor cat harness, too. You can use those when your cat is relocating from one room to another so as not to startle him or her.
How long does it take for a cat to get used to a harness?
Some cats take more warming up to a change in the gear than others. The time will vary based on the cat or kitten’s disposition. Me personally, I loved my harness from the moment it was placed on me.
I would get ready nervously anticipating the anxiety I thought would follow. But quite the contrary, I loved having a different way of moving around my home a new form of exploring.
I have heard that some cats have a harder time warming up to their harness because in the wild cats are used to being free of any type of restraint. They fear the restriction. They fear the unknown.
But don’t throw in the towel! Don’t stop trying!
Your feline friend has the right to walk around your home not just as they please, but in style with a high-quality, soft and padded cat harness. One of the most important factors to look for in a cat harness is comfort. Your cat will truly be at their happiest when their harness is properly fitted and comfortable.
Other factors that you will want to consider when looking at cat harnesses include the need for safety, the ability to remove quickly in case of a mishap, and the material as well as the durability of the harnesses.
|Voyager Step-in Air Dog Harness||Best Overall|
|GAUTERF Kitten and Puppy Universal Harness||Budget Pick|
|Gooby Dog Harness||Upgrade Pick|