If you have a cat in your life, the price of purchasing cat tunnels is about to drop a lot as you will not need to spend money on automated toys. A cat tunnel is a device that a feline can use to pass the time and scratch its claws by itself. Some people may think cat tunnels are not necessary additions to a pet’s life as there are plenty of toys for sale out there. But, as any cat owner knows, cats can get quite bored. They can spend hours rolling around balls, climbing toy shelves, and chasing toys that are on gears. The sad fact is they can get bored of them all and just stop playing with them. So, for many, cat tunnels are a great way to exercise their cats and keep them mentally stimulated on their own terms.
Cat tunnels are also a great way of keeping your pet safe from the dangers of the outside world. They’re easy enough for you to DIY, and fun enough to make your cat forget it’s stuck inside. If you still can’t find one to purchase for your feline, then check the list below.
Here is a list of the best cat tunnels in 2021 reviews and guide to getting the most fun out of your cat tunnels.
|Speedy Pet Collapsible Cat Tunnel||Best Overall|
|PAWZ Road Cat Toys Collapsible Tunnel||Budget Pick|
|Outback Jack Outdoor Cat Enclosures||Upgrade Pick|
1. Speedy Pet Collapsible Cat Tunnel
- Lightweight and portable, you can easily store this in any box for when you need it … or pack it into its travel bag for those trips to the vet
- Comes with a free cat ball toy … which is a nice bonus and means you can test this out to see if your cat likes it without having to spend extra on a cat toy
- Cats go crazy for this tunnel – and if your cat is on the larger side, this is actually a pretty roomy option (it can extend to 12 inches across for even the biggest cats) and gives your kitty enough room to romp around
- Easy to keep clean – just unzip the cover and throw it in the washer or give it an occasional wipe down
- Collapses down to just 15.24 inches for easy storage
- Cats can still squeeze out either end if they really want to, so you’ll need to watch your cat for a while to see if he can get out
- Some users have found it can deflate slightly overnight, but it’s not a big deal and is easy to reinflate
2. Feline Ruff Premium 3 Way Cat Tunnel. Extra Large 12 Inch Diameter and Extra Long. A Big Collapsible Play Toy. Wide Pet Tunnel Tube
Sleep & Cuddle In The Tunnel. Included Is A Tunnel Bag For Storage And Use When Not In Use.
If you have a very small kitten that loves to play, then the Feline Ruff is the perfect product for you. It measures 16 inches in length and approximately 8 inches in diameter. It provides your cat with three ways to explore and has a breathable material that’s great for small and tiny kittens.
What’s great about this product is its durability. The product is made from a cotton/polyester blend that’s sturdy. The tunnel is also very lightweight, weighing approximately 7.1 ounces. Another feature to consider is the wide cat tunnel that’s included. It can fit multiple cats and provides three different opportunities for your kitten to explore.
3. All Prime Cat Tunnel
And Dogs – Portable Pet Play Tunnel for Dogs, Small Pets, Ferrets – Great for Indoor Use.
If you have some extra space in your home and you’re looking to keep your cat entertained, then the All-Prime cat tunnel may be what you’re looking for. Weighing roughly 2 lbs it’s super lightweight and portable.
This tunnel has a length of roughly 6 feet, making it long enough for a few adult cats to snuggle and play. The tunnel is also available in different sizes and different lengths. They’re made of sturdy fabric that’s resistant to rips and tears. The manufacturer claims that the fabric is even resistant to chewing, which we’ve found to be somewhat true.
4. Prosper Pet Cat Tunnel
- Easily assembled
- Cats love this tunnel
- Easy to clean
- Durable and well made
- Great value for your money
- Cats can easily destroy it
- There’s no lid
- Some cats scratch through it
This pet tunnel is the perfect play toy for cats and dogs. Designed with plenty of width and height for your pet to run through, it also provides a fun hiding place for young kittens.
The interior is made of durable cloth fabric, and it doesn’t take too much time to assemble. The colorful scratching pads at each end also provide much-needed comfort for your feline friend, and they help sharpen their claws at the same time.
5. PAWZ Road Cat Tunnel Leopard Print Crinkly Cat Fun 2 Holes Long Tunnel Kitten Toys
- Available at a terrific price
- Made from durable resistant material
- The elegant design is sure to catch your cat’s eye
- Useful crinkly sound will keep your cat amused
- Much safer than electrical wires
- Can be folded for easy storage
- Easy to clean
- Available in 6 sizes to fit all cats and kittens
- Quiet and non-toxic
- The fabric material is a bit delicate
- Some cats might not like it because of the crinkle sound
- No padding
- Material may fade when you wash it
- The tunnel could get caught on other items
This tunnel is an irresistible 2 in 1 cat toy that’s a perfect match for those pet owners who want to keep their pets active while they’re indoors.
It’s the ideal cat toy that will stimulate your cat mentally and physically.
The best part is that it’s available at an affordable price.
6. SmartyKat Cave and Tunnel Cat Toys
- There are 9 different tunnels with 2 solid side and 2 removable ends
- The whole structure is made of very durable plastic
- The tunnels are extremely sturdy, easy to assemble and clean
- Each tunnel has a different color and diameter
- There are several connectors so you can easily set up an endless combination
- The tunnels come in a convenient storage bag
- The set could use a few more tunnels and connectors to make it even more flexible
- The whole set is quite expensive, but it is still worth the money
- Some cats may be turned off by what looks like the plastic smell
This is definitely a unique cat car toy. If you want to buy your kitty a toy that will provide him with hours of fun – both solitary and together with you – go with the SmartyKat Cat Tunnels.
There are 9 tunnels that come in different sizes and colors. Each tunnel comes with a solid side and two removable ends. This way you can create various runways that will lead your cat around your room or apartment. Just start with the simple cube – add a few tunnels and you can easily create a whole labyrinth.
7. PAWZ Road Cat Toys Collapsible Tunnel
Looking for the best cat tunnel, we came across the Pawz Road Cat Toys Collapsible Tunnel, which comes in assorted colors. What sets this cat tunnel apart from the rest is the fact that you can adjust the height to different positions.
Another option that is available is for you to remove the top, depending on your cat’s size. There are 2 toys that come with the tunnel, and you can even use them separately. What’s more, it’s collapsible and doesn’t take up much space while not in use. Naturally, this tunnel is ideal for kittens, cats, ferrets, and even dogs!
8. Purrfect Feline Tunnel of Fun
This Cat Tunnel Of Fun will keep your cat chasing and jumping for hours. It’s designed with three separate tunnels – but you can also join them together for one long tunnel (17ft). The curved shape was specially designed for comfort when cats curl up inside it. You can even add the magnetic balls for even more fun.
The balls can be removed for play sessions and there’s a nice hidden opening at the side of each segment to throw them back in without disturbing your cat.
This is a great toy for a multi-level feline home or a single-story home because it’s so flexible. It can be used as one long tunnel, three separate tunnels or two tunnels which are connected.
9. LUCKITTY Large Cat Toy Collapsible Tunnel Tube
(Set of 2)
Looking for an unique play center for your cat? If yes then the Luckyitty Large Cat Toy Collapsible Tunnel Tube with Plush Balls, for Small Pets Bunny Rabbits, Kittens, Ferrets,Puppy and Dogs (Set of 2) might be the one.
This is a collapsible tunnel in the form of a cylinder. It is covered on both ends with a fabric, which can be removed completely for cleaning.
10. Pet Craft Supply Magic Mewnicorn Multi Cat Tunnel Boredom Relief Toys
- Especially great for large cats
- Highly rated – currently at 4.6 or 10 customer reviews
- Decent price
- Cat-made with fleece fabric
- Crinkle balls
- Feather on ball strings
- Comes with a storage bag
One of the most versatile toys for cats is the tunnel. It can be used to increase the physical activity or as a bed for your cat. Furthermore, if your cat has started to lose interest in other toys, creativity can be a god send.
This particular tunnel will keep your cat entertained for hours on end. The fabric is cat-made with fleece material, and the crinkle can keep your cat’s attention for longer. It also comes with a feather string, which is a lovely touch.
11. CO-Z Collapsible Cat Tunnel Tube Kitty Tunnel Bored Cat Pet Toys Peek Hole Toy Ball Cat
Guinea Pig Mice Tunnel Travel Pet Bed.
Overall, the CO-Z is a sturdy and colorful tunnel that your cat will definitely enjoy. It’s very lightweight and easy to carry around the house. Plus, it assembles and disassembles easily, and collapses for easy storage – so it’s perfect for travel or if you’re planning to take a trip.
However, we recommend that you teach your cat how to use the tunnel to avoid any accidents. If your cat’s claustrophobic, don’t force them to go inside as it may cause anxiety.
12. AUOON Cat Tube and Tunnel
- Made of soft plush material to prevent ripping
- 2 color options available
- Hassle-free DIY; no screws needed
- Works as a curtain, play toy, and a table cover
- Ideal for medium to large sized cats
- One of the pricier cat tunnel options
- The design may feel similar to the previous cat tunnel
Our runner-up is slightly better than our top pick. It’s the Auoon Cat Tube Tunnel. This one is a prime example of high quality meets affordability.
With this tunnel, you can expect the same design as the first one on the list. It’s made of soft plush materials, which means it’s incredibly comfortable and soft for kitties. The included tunnel can be customized to different lengths, which is good if you have extra tall cats. There’s no assembly required for this one – all you need to do is make sure you install it properly so the cat can easily enter and exit the tunnel. Plus, you don’t need any tools for this one. There’s also the added benefit of the soft material being gentle on your kitten’s claws.
13. Pawaboo Cat Toys
- Extremely affordable
- Geometrically designed
- Breaks apart very easily
- Cute design for appealing to the human audience
- Premium quality material
- Great for cats, kittens, and rabbits (we recommend it for small dogs too)
- Perfect for any type of interiors
- Has a funny shape
- The wrapping could have been better, but nothing to complain about
- Can be quite fragile
- Just a bit bigger than expected
This product is an adorable piece of a toy for your pet. It’s very simple to set up. It’s very roomy and can be utilized for any number of pets. Though, we recommend kittens, cats, or small dogs. It’s very fun and interactive, and your pets will love playing and scratching it.
What’s great about this cat tunnel is that it’s basically a toy that you can keep at work and have as a funny piece of decoration.
It’s great for a variety of spaces and can easily be ‘tucked away’.
14. Outback Jack Outdoor Cat Enclosures
- Easy to use and assemble
- The enter and run tunnel is perfect for kittens and easy to move for large cats
- Provides lots of space for indoor cats that want to scratch, sleep, and play
- Easy to transport
- Heavy and strong
Models such as the Outback Jack cat enclosure can provide a cat plenty of room to scratch, sleep, and play in a safe and secure space.
The best cat enclosures often come with lots of space, and the Outback Jack cat enclosure is no exception. It features an enter and run tunnel which can be moved easily. The extra large opening of the enclosure measures 27 inches long.
At the same time, the tunnel is 18 inches long. This makes it great for small animals.
15. Pet Magasin Collapsible Cat Tunnel Toys
The PetMagasin Collapsible Cat Tunnel toys are Amazon’s top-seller for cat tunnels. They are two-pack and come in two sizes. There’s also two toys: the ball tunnel and ball-hole tunnel. The ball-hole tunnel has a ball peep hole in the middle of the tunnel.
16. ALL FOR PAWS Crinkle Cat Tunnel Tube Collapsible Play Toy Fun
This new and improved cat tunnel tube extends up to 29” and comes with a catnip toy. The incredibly colorful and soft fabric is removable and machine washable. This tunnel tube cat toy is collapsible and can be folded to be stored away conveniently.
The fabric is soft and cozy, which you can see from the reviews. The manufacturer says that the toy may not be suitable if your cat is over 6 months; however, there are a number of reviews that counter this.
The tunnel tube is also lightweight and very portable. You only need a slight pull to collapse it, which makes it very convenient to store away.
17. eenk Cat Toy Tunnel and Cubes Bundle
- Medium to Small tunnels are great for most cats
- The Large is great for larger cats
- You get three in one pack
- Each tunnel color is differently colored
- Packaging material is good quality
- Invites play and keeps cat interest
- Sturdy and soft-made with high-quality material
- Good for indoor and outdoor play
- Stays upright after being fluffed up
Different Tunnel Sizes, Large, Medium and Small.
18. MYIDEA Collapsible Cat Tunnel Tubes Toys
- Includes 8 collapsible tunnels and 1 tube
- Makes your pets feel more comfortable and provides exercise
- Helps to train your pets to stay in a safe area
- Even though they are made of cloth, they are very sturdy and durable
- Indoor/ outdoor use, attach it to a tree branch with twine
- Easy to take apart and store
- Safe for cats and small pets
- Too small for dogs
- The loops are hard to tie
- The loops tend to break easily
- The tunnel’s openings are small
- The material is thin and flimsy
If you’re looking for something a bit more upscale, the Aeryist Cat Tunnel Toy may be the one for you. It has a much higher quality feel than the MYIDEA tunnels, which makes it well worth the price.
As the name infers, these are much more flexible and durable than the MYIDEA tunnels. Also, they’re not foldable, so you can see how much space they take. And, the size is a lot bigger, which is better for cats.
The tunnel’s cylindrical shape makes it easier for small animals to move through.
19. PAWISE Cat Toys Cat Tunnel and Cat Cube Pop Up Collapsible Kitten Indoor Outdoor Toys
If your Cat loves to run, scratch, climb, hide, or sleep this durable cat tunnel is his new best friend.
The PAWISE Cat Tunnel and Cat Cube are available in three sizes: small, medium, and large. The cube measures 36 inches long by 24 inches wide by 24 inches high. It’s lightweight at only 2.5 pounds. It can be folded flat for easy storage. Simply use the buckle to put it in a small square.
You can use it for indoor or outdoor play. It’s made from a tear-resistant polyethylene material, the same material that’s used for kitchen trash bags. It’s reinforced with plastic strips to retain its shape when it’s being used.
20. Kitty City Large Cat Tunnel Bed
- Very sturdy with a stylish design
- Assembling is fairly easy
- Catnip included
- Ideal for multi-cat households or solo cats
- Various colors to choose from
- Multiple entrances/exits
- Cute instructional video available (with music that cats love)
- A decent value considering its price
- There are some reports of the fabric ripping after some time
- Although the various entrances are great, some cats can get stuck trying to figure out which one to enter.
- The bed itself isn’t as comfy as a cat bed would be
- Not suitable for young cats (under 12 weeks)
If you want to give your cat something to play with as you watch them, this is the perfect tunnel for your cat. The tunnel is a must-have toy. The multi-functional play tunnel is extremely sturdy with a stylish design. It’s made of a breathable material which can easily attach to any surface. It has two entrances so it can be used in any location.
21. Kitty City Jungle Cat Cube Combo
- Well-designed with large pieces
- Really easy to put together
- Ideal for medium or large sized felines
- The hideaway tunnel that’s large enough to accommodate your furry friend
- Sturdy and comfortable construction
- The cardboard material is good quality
- Has a lightweight and easily movable structure
- You can customise your kitty’s hideaway in accordance with the size you purchase
- Perfect for multiple cats
- Comes with four toys
- The wooden toy doesn’t really have any catnip
- The tunnel is open on one end and could potentially let your cat out, but that’s easily solved by blocking the end with a blanket or towel
- The tunnel and hideaway ramp slide out when your cat runs through them.
There are many cat tunnels available and the Max and Neo cat tunnel will have your cat howling in delight.
If you have a larger cat or a kitten or a feline that’s always on the go, this jungle cat combo tunnel will make an excellent addition to their toys.
This set comes with two separate tunnels and one hideaway that’s perfect for cheeping around in or for hiding.
22. Petlinks Tunnel and Hideout Cat Toys
Overall, the best cat tunnel is the Petlinks tunnel and hideout because it makes it easy to provide your cat with the hiding spots and finger exercise they both need.
This cat tunnel is interactive and stimulating for your cat. It encourages your cat to play, run, scratch and explore.
It’s very lightweight so you can easily put it together or even take it apart. During the summer, you’ll be able to deconstruct it and store it. Not to mention that it’s very easy to clean.
23. Shop4Omni Kitty Cat Play Tunnel Pet Toy Four Exit Holes
- Fun cat toy for kittens
- Durable plastic; should last for a long while
- Straightforward set up and operation
- Has multiple escape holes on each end of the tunnel; gives your cat several entry/exit points
- Just the right size for cats; fits easily inside any feline home
- Keeps your feline friends active and engaged
- Soft plastic; your cat won’t get hurt
- Perfect for most kittens; suitable for almost all ages
- The tunnel is a bit flimsy
- It really takes up a lot of space; it’s best to have that space when you’re first purchasing it
- The manufacturer ships this item directly from overseas
The Shop4Omni Kitty Cat Play Tunnel is another great cartoon tunnel for your pet. It’s simple in design, easy to set up, and fun (and safe) for your cats. This is a great tunnel to get if you have a new kitten that you want to keep occupied and engaged.
24. Petmate Jackson Galaxy Cat Crawl
- Ideal for adult cats and kittens
- Measures 25.75 in width
- Safe and secure, as the entrance is large
- Manufactured using high quality materials
- Has a carpeted finish that’s soft to touch
- Catnip friendly and made in the US
- The strong framework can support up to 30 lbs
- The PVC is easy to clean
- Suitable for cats of all ages
- Sturdy with a sturdy base
- Not all cats like it
- Must, for safety, be on a flat surface
- Opening too small for some adult cats
A cat crawl-thru tunnel that’s a favorite with cats and their owners. It’s ideal for use indoors and out, and cats can play with it on their own or with their owners.
Constructed from sturdy fabric that’s washable, this cat tunnel is durable, and the material has a scratch-resistant surface. The carpeting is thick and comfy. It’s also soft to the touch, and the rubberized handles are a useful feature.
25. Dezi & Roo Hide and Sneak Collapsible Paper Tunnel
- Collapsible tunnel
- Made with durable cardstock (doesn’t tear like paper)
- Also comes in a kitty exclusive allergen free option
- 2 ways to play
- Use as a tube or a tunnel
- Pet-safe and non-toxic
- Easily portable
- Hand-crafted quality
- Easy to clean
- Eco-friendly design
- The ties may not stay on well
- Not designed for large cats
If you’re looking for a top quality cat tunnel that’s easy to clean and easy to setup, then this tunnel is for you. It’s designed to be the ultimate hideaway and playhouse for your kitty.
There are so many options to choose from, but you can narrow your choices down to these three professional-grade cat tunnels. Your cat will enjoy the opportunity to crawl, scratch, run or pounce in comfort and safety. Each of these top three options will give your cat hours of pleasure.
A good cat tunnel will usually outlast several cats, so expect it to be a long-term relationship. To get the biggest benefit from your new tunnel choose the one that meets your needs and style.
|Speedy Pet Collapsible Cat Tunnel||Best Overall|
|PAWZ Road Cat Toys Collapsible Tunnel||Budget Pick|
|Outback Jack Outdoor Cat Enclosures||Upgrade Pick|