Top Picks & Reviews
Do you have a cat?
Are you tired of the mess and frustration of your cat knocking over water bowls all day and night?
What about your cat?
Is your cat so tired of drinking from a water bowl that is hard to get to?
Then you need a cat water fountain!
A cat water fountain is a magical device that provides your cat with fresh water all day and night that will never spill or flood your floor.
And did I mention that your cat will drink from a flowing fountain instead of a still bowl?
The best part is that cat water fountains are relatively inexpensive and can be installed in just minutes.
Not all cat water fountains are the same.
Some are clunky, ugly, complicated, or even break easily.
So, if you are in the market for a cat water fountain, you need to keep reading to find the best cat water fountain.
All of the fountains listed in this article are the best cat water fountains on the market today!
I tested them all out to find the highest rated cat water fountain, rated them on toughness, durability, ease of use and installation, and style, and determined which cat water fountains are best for you.
|Cat Mate Pet Fountain||Best Overall|
|Aspen Pet Lebistro Gravity Waterer||Budget Pick|
|PetSafe Cat and Dog Water Fountain||Upgrade Pick|
1. Cat Mate Pet Fountain
Although all cat fountains require some maintenance, the Cat Mate Pet Fountain makes it easier than most. It’s made from dishwasher safe parts, which makes clean up a breeze.
Firstly, it includes an extra interchangeable nozzles. You can change the flow from a steady stream to a gentle bubbler. The nightlight is also a nice feature, however, it’s not a very bright light, which makes a bit of an impact. The nightlight is a nice feature, however, it’s not a very bright light, which makes a bit of an impact.
As for the cleaning part, simple disassembly of the faucet and pump is all it takes. The only “hard” part is removing the bottom part of the dish to unscrew before you can access the pump. Although we did say “hard” it shouldn’t be difficult for most people.
2. isYoung Cat Fountain 1.6L Automatic Pet Water Fountain Pet Water Dispenser
A cat fountain is a must if you have multiple cats in the house. It is the perfect solution to the unwillingness of cats to drink water and their constant consumption of faucet water.
To make sure that every drop of water is less than two hours and the bowl never becomes empty of water, the fountain will automatically refill the bowl.
There is a high-quality charcoal filter that purifies the water so that it is fresh and healthy. There is also a UV-C light to prevent algae growth.
3. Pet Fountain
- Super easy to clean
- Comes with extra cleaning brushes
- 360-degree streams provide optimal hydration
- Super quiet
- 3 Different ways to use the fountain
- Budget friendly
- 24/7 operation
- Optimized pump for long life
- Plastic is BPA-free, lead-free, and toxin-free
- A bit pricier than other models
- The pump is a bit loud
- The extra cleaning brushes don’t quite reach the bottom of the tank
- The material is a bit hard for the cat to scratch on
Owners agree that this fountain is super easy to set up and is very good value. It’s because the fountain comes with everything you need to keep it going and even includes a power adapter with a large cord and a small measuring cup.
However, it’s not a completely silent fountain. Some owners note that the pump is a bit loud, and the motor to circulate the water makes a bit of noise.
4. MUDEELA 4 Pack Square Filters
* Description says it’s suitable for smaller cats but it’s really only suited for kittens
If you’re trying to find the best cat water fountains, then there’s no doubt that you’ll want to consider the Mudeela 4-pack replacement filters. These water filters are specifically designed for the 2.5L square cat water fountains. Made from pretty durable plastic, the filters are designed to be extra thick and wide – to ensure that your cat has clean and beautiful drinking water.
What’s great about these filters is that they’re triple action. Not only do they remove chlorine and other organic corrosion from the water, they help improve the smell and remove bad odors from the water.
5. Petmate Whisker Doodle Gravity Cat Dog Waterer
6. Aspen Pet Lebistro Gravity Waterer
If you want fresh water available to your pet at all times, then a gravity water dispenser is your best bet.
The Aspen Pet Lebistro Elevated 10‖12 Gallon Gravity Waterer is a beautiful, well made product that is sure to give your cat years of enjoyment.
What we loved about the Lebistro is that it’s easy to setup and to clean. It comes with an instruction booklet and everything you need for assembly. This unit comes with a charcoal filter that is designed to eliminate bad odor and taste from the water, which is an advantage over other products.
7. iPettie Tritone Ceramic Pet Drinking Fountain丨Ultra Quiet
- Simple to clean and easy to setup
- The water fountain can be used with the lid open for more air (which helps with most cats) and closed to be more water-focused if that’s your cat’s preference.
- Love the oscillator feature – fills the water bowl whole 10 minutes, then provides a few seconds of water and then dries it
- Has an auto shut off feature – so that if the tank level gets low it stops automatically
- The LED lights are a nice touch
- The ceramic bowl is stain resistant
- The plastic parts are very sturdy
- Well designed – the plastic bowl is raised so it doesn’t get splashed with water and the plug is large enough to allow the cats to drink from the edges of the bowl
- The filter system really slows down the hydrogen sulfide smell but doesn’t eliminate it completely
- The bowl is nice and deep – at least 2 inches which means your cats can drink without splashing
8. Happypapa 2.5L Automatic Cat and Dog Flower Water Fountain Ultra Quiet Drinking Pet Fountain Encourages Cats and Dogs to Drink More to Stay Healthy and Hygienic
- Super quiet, even when the water is flowing at full power
- Made of BPA, Phthalate and Lead free plastic
- Low voltage, and comes with a detachable AC adapter
- Top heavy, so it won’t easily tip over
- Automatically shut off when the water level gets too low
- Water level indicators
- Filters are easy to clean, and can be ordered online
- Even the most timid of cats will get used to it
- Pet drinking bowls are dishwasher safe
- Four color options: silver, red, blue, and charcoal
- The water level indicator is somewhat inconvenient
- If you want to increase the flow of water, you’ll have to reduce the water level
If you’re looking for a beautiful pet drinking fountain, then the Happypapa 2.5L is for you. I mean, just look at that design – even without the water flowing, it’s already an eye catcher. Not to mention, it’s made with BPA, Lead and Phthalate free plastic, which is something to appreciate.
9. PetSafe Drinkwell Cat and Dog Water Fountain
- Very quiet operation
- Comes in three different sizes
- Highly aesthetic
- Includes a lifetime warranty
PetSafe Drinkwell offers a wide variety of pet fountains, ranging from small to large in order to meet the needs of pets of various sizes and ages. It’s worth noting that the Drinkwell Platinum model is the largest and most feature-rich of the lot.
This pet fountain is suitable for dogs and cats of all sizes. And it boasts of an attractive design.
The Drinkwell Platinum features a long dip-resistant and splash-proof water reservoir. Moreover, it incorporates a replaceable carbon filter in order to maintain fresh, clean and aerated water.
10. PetSafe Drinkwell Multi-Tier Cat and Dog Water Fountain
- Filters and aerates water
- Large 100 oz. water capacity
- Includes 5 interchangeable spout rings
- Durable and heavy duty
- Easy to clean
- Quite loud
- Can’t filter aggressively for 1-2 days after filling up
- The plastic spout can be tampered easily
- Doesn’t work without electricity
The PetSafe Drinkwell Multi-Tier Cat and Dog Water Fountain comes with free-falling stream aeration that keeps water tasting fresh and appealing. It is a low-profile dish that can be easily cleaned. The charcoal filter in the fountain removes bad odor and taste of the water. The fountain comes in two sizes, which are 50 oz. and 100 oz.
The fountain is very easy to setup and maintain. When it comes to functionality and design, it is one of the best cat water fountains available today.
11. PetSafe Stainless Steel Cat and Dog Water Fountain
- Your pet will appreciate staying hydrated (and so will you!)
- Built to endure the abuse from your pets
- Great for multiple pets
- Defects in manufacturing that warrant replacement (10% or less)
- Some pets cannot get past the noise of the pump (1% or less)
- Dirty-looking water if allowed to stand (1% or less)
The 360° Multi-Pet Fountain from PetSafe is a simple, yet ingenious, way to keep pets hydrated and happy. The 128-ounce fountain holds between 50 and 100 cups of fresh, running water. Available in two stylish colors – stainless steel and black.
The fountain has 4 adjustable ceramic nozzles that make it easy to regulate the amount of water that comes out for each pet.
Pets are programmed to drink from moving water instead of stagnant water. This is a natural instinct that helps them to hydrate. By setting the water supply to one side, you’re able to trick your pet into believing that he/she is drinking from a pond or stream.
12. Veken Pet Fountain
- Available at various sizes
- Simple, easy to use
- BPA free and food grade materials
- Made of extremely durable materials
- Easy to clean
- Can deliver enough water to suit multiple pets
- A little on the pricey side
- Slightly noisy
- The water can get a bit foamy in the bowl due to vibrations, but it does settle eventually
- Nothing in particular
Spa, Can be Used Indoor or Outdoor(Pink).
The Veken Pet Fountain is an interesting concept – it comes with a built-in carbon water filter, and 3 replacement filters.
The fountain itself is made from durable ceramic, which not only saves you some extra bucks, but also stops your pets from chewing the fountain.
13. PetSafe Drinkwell Original Dog and Cat Water Fountain
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean – no removing pitcher or any motor from fountain
- Has a free measuring cup that measures cup water
- Cheaper than others that perform the same or even better
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- You can take it apart to clean properly
- There is one design flaw
- The plastic pump housing has to be in a certain spot for it to put water out
- The water falls straight at times, which makes it difficult for the cat to drink
- Filter installed into the lid so it can get a lot of dirt and dust in it so easily
- The pump gets a bit too noisy
While this fountain isn’t perfect, it’s one of the best cat water fountains on the market – and easily one of the most affordable. For around twenty dollars you’ll get a fountain that will keep your cat hydrated and your home cleaner.
14. Flexzion Pet Water Dispenser Station
- The feature of this cat water dispenser is very useful that can help your pet to keep his hydration level properly and that can be the best solution for your pet to stay clean and dry
- This cat water dispenser is offered at a very competitive price
- It is not available at a big size if you have a big cat
- It doesn’t come with many attractive colors that you can choose
Our best pick goes to Flexzion Pet Water Dispenser Station-Replenish Pet Waterer for Dog Cat Animal Automatic Gravity Water Drinking Fountain Bottle Bowl Dish Stand, which features functional design and reliable water flow for your pet.
It is easy to install this dispenser and that with its higher height is easy to use and your pets can drink water at any time and any moment. It can be used to watering cats, dogs, puppies, kitten, aquarium fish and many other pets.
15. PetSafe Cat and Dog Water Fountain
If you’re looking for the best cat water fountains, then the PetSafe Drinkwell Pagoda Fountain could be it.
Designed with a unique shape, this ceramic fountain isnt just aesthetically pleasing but it also makes your pet’s water more appealing.
16. Pioneer Pet Raindrop Fountain
17. Petmate Replendish Gravity Waterer
This gravity-friendly water dispenser comes with a reservoir that holds 20 liters of water. The quality of the chamber is assured by the manufacturer who offers a 5-year warranty.
The water reservoir has a flip top lid that’s made out of plastic. The lid allows you to fill the reservoir and then quickly put it aside. Once you’re ready to pour out the water, you just have to pull the lever in order to release the water.
18. Catit Fresh & Clear Stainless Steel Cat Water Fountain
- Plastic bowl is removable and dishwasher safe
- Includes 2 cleaning tools
- Charcoal filters
- Very quiet
The Catit Water fountain is a great fountain for cats because it will keep your pet refreshed and happy.
This fountain has a charcoal filter, which helps remove bad tastes and odors. It also reduces the amount of dirt and debris from being let into the fountain. That all sounds great for your cat, but it also limits the amount of cleaning that you have to do.
19. Pet Cat Water Fountain
- Sturdy design
- Save water
- Allows you to give pets clean, fresh water at all times
- Perfectly cleans soiled bowls
- Stylish, interesting design for pets to drink out of
- A bit loud
- Can be too powerful at times, causing the water to splatter
Water fountains had been proven to encourage cats and dogs to drink more water. It’s not your standard water dispenser, this product is both stylish and interesting to look at. The flowing stream of clean, fresh water encourages your pets to drink more water. It’s a bit expensive, but it’s well-worth the price.
20. pedy Cat Water Fountain
These Pet fountains are rated the best cat water fountain by the customer reviews. Many customers said that the fountain has brought clean water to their pet and the fountain is easy to clean. It has a 360 degree rotating bottle that holds 1.6 liters, which is enough for a cat to drink itself.
This pet water fountain can be set up in a few seconds and the fountain is equipped with a power switch, a small water pump and a small carbon filter that filters water of bad odor and chlorine. The moving bottle can produce a pleasant musical sound, inviting the pet to drink fresh water.
Some customers said that they want to buy another pet water fountain because one pet water fountain could not satisfy their 4 cats.
21. ENJOY PET Water Fountain
- Compact design
- Completely silent operation
- Filters water as it’s pumped
- 2L capacity
- 3M running cord
- Hands-free dispensing
- Materials are BPA free
- Some users find the dispensing too fast
- Some reports of shoddy construction
- Filters must be cleaned regularly to maintain effectiveness
If you’re wondering –why would my cat need a water fountain? ” Cats are renowned for their finicky behavior and their picky appetite when it comes to water. If you’ve ever been there you know what I’m talking about.
But the fact is that water is a critical component of your cat’s diet – they need it to survive – so if you’re going to be humane as an owner you’re going to have to find ways to ensure that they get their water.
And that’s where fountain cat water dispensers come in ….
22. Catit Design Senses Fountain
If you’re looking for a fountain that will keep your kitty hydrated through the day, the Catit Design Senses Fountain with Water softening Cartridge could be the one for you.
This fountain’s design has larger than average openings that are meant for kitties that cannot get in a regular fountain. It also comes with a water softening cartridge and a triple action filter that removes bad tastes and odors left by tap water.
23. Cat Water Fountain pecute 45 dB Ultra-Quiet Automatic Circulation USB Electric Water Feeder 1.6L
- Large 1.6 liter water capacity
- Doesn’t require batteries or electricity to operate; just refill the reservoir with water
- Made from food-grade stainless steel
- Features a charcoal filter that’s designed to reduce bad odors and tastes
- Quieter than other water fountains
- Issues with the pump
- Difficult to clean
- Water can leak from the spout
If you’re looking for a quiet cat water fountain that’s free from electrical cords, batteries, and filters, then the LifePaw cat fountain might be a perfect option for you.
Unlike most water fountains that come with a plastic design or plastic blades, the LifePaw cat fountain features a stainless steel see-through design with stainless steel blades.
The plastic pump is backed with high-power magnets that are strong enough to send water up the tube. The water then leaves via a stainless steel mesh wrapped around the outer edge of the pump.
24. HoneyGuaridan Smart Automatic Pet Water Fountain Dispenser
If you don’t mind having to keep buying batteries, then the HoneyGuaridan Smart Automatic Pet Water Fountain is the pet fountain for you.
This fountain features an innovative design which allows the water to flow from the top of the dome. This stream goes up to 1 meter high. The detection sensor is at the point where the water comes out of the mouth. This ensures your cat licks the water, there is no need for a regular or push button to drink.
The fountain comes with an adapter which you connect to the mains, but it also has a battery box which is connected to the main unit. The unit will automatically switch from the battery to the mains power on a regular basis.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best water fountain for cats?
The PetSafe Drinkwell 360 is my top pick for cats. It is one of the most popular for a reason. The price is great, it’s easy to use, and most importantly it helps keep your cat hydrated.
Do cats prefer water fountains?
If you've visited our Cat Lover's Gift Guide or Cat Shopping Guide, you've likely learned about the importance of keeping cats properly hydrated.
Most adult cats should be drinking about eight ounces of water per day.
I sure know mine loves to drink out of a running faucet and they're very easy to train to, although it's more of an automatic reflex than them actually thinking about it being a drinking fountain.
Cat water fountains provide a healthy source of fresh water for your pet. They're designed to provide a constant flow of fresh water from streams or reservoirs at a consistent temperature.
This is important for keeping not only your cat healthy, but your household as well.
Do cat water fountains use a lot of electricity?
Although most cat water fountains aren’t super energy efficient, the amount of electricity use isn’t excessive. The amount of horsepower used by a cat fountain has little to do with the size of the fountain. Even the most advanced motor is not a power hog. Additionally, most fountains run on batteries to keep the flow of water going, so you don’t have to worry about wires messing up your design.
On average, a cat water fountain uses about 40 watts of power. If you have a look at the power consumption of a modern-day water filter system, you will notice that it is almost the same, on average.
What is the quietest cat water fountain?
I can’t answer this definitively, but the Drinkwell 360 is supposed to be the quietest due to the splash guard surrounding the water basin. It also comes with several extras like a double filter, a mat for the bottom of the basin to avoid slippage, and a counterweight to accommodate the added weight of water. The PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum is also quiet due to its water fall feature.
If you are looking for the best water fountain for your cat we have the reviews you are looking for. Also we have some quick criteria to help you narrow down your choices. We hope we can help you find the perfect fit for your cat so you both can enjoy the benefits of a cat fountain.
|Cat Mate Pet Fountain||Best Overall|
|Aspen Pet Lebistro Gravity Waterer||Budget Pick|
|PetSafe Cat and Dog Water Fountain||Upgrade Pick|