Yes, this is a thing — dogs playing with cow hooves.
I know what you’re thinking — You are wondering why on earth you would need a guide to choosing the best cow hooves for your dog. You are also probably wondering just what the heck a cow hoof even is in the first place and how you can carelessly dispose of it without traumatizing your dog.
We’re going to cover both of those topics and more, so keep reading for our reliable guide to choosing your dog’s favorite playtime hoof toy.
|Redbarn Filled Hooves-Peanut Butter||Best Overall|
|Redbarn Natural Bully Filled Hooves||Budget Pick|
|ValueBull USA Hooves Dog Chews||Upgrade Pick|
1. Redbarn Filled Hooves-Peanut Butter
- They’re water-resistant which means they can handle the outdoors
- Resistant to even the most aggressive chewers
- Great for dental health
- It’s a great distraction for dogs with separation anxiety
- Very healthy and good for growing bones
- Larger dogs enjoy playing with and chewing on them
- Not the best reward toy for puppies. Consider giving them something edible like a piece of cheese
- Chewy dogs may be able to consume these more quickly than we would like
- Smaller dogs may struggle to get this into their mouth
We all love our beloved family pets, but sometimes they can get a little boisterous and we have to keep them occupied.
That’s where dog treats come in, and the Redbarn Filled Hooves-Peanut Butter are a great way to keep your dog occupied and entertained. They’re filled with peanut butter which makes them very enticing for dogs, and they’re also water resistant which makes them great for use outdoors.
2. HDP Large Hooves Naturals Made in USA
Looking for a good dog chew, but don’t know which one to get? If you want the best dog chew—or at least one of the best ones—then get one of HDP Large Hooves.
This chew is great for dogs of all ages, but especially recommended for larger dogs. While this chew won’t last as long as some other dog chews, this one is pretty darn close in that department.
3. Peanut Butter Filled Cow Hooves
- The peanut butter inside helps clean your dog’s teeth
- Your dog will have hours of chewing fun with these
- It’s very affordable
- Your dog will need to be well-supervised when enjoying these as they can easily break off to become choking hazards.
- The peanut butter inside might become a bit messy
- You’ll have to pre-package these into bags as they’re considered a rawhide chew
The Peanut Butter Filled Cow Hooves are 100% naturally dried beef hooves with a delectable peanut butter filling that you won’t want to miss! Your dog will crave these tasty treats … keeping them busy for many hours with their delicious peanut butter flavor.
Not only are these dog treats great for your furry friend to enjoy, they’re also filled with all-natural ingredients that will benefit them in the long run.
4. Pawstruck Natural Cow Hooves
- Beutifully designed
- Can serve as a dog treat or the perfect chew toy
- Made from a natural source in the US
- Very durable
- Some dogs may be apprehensive of the unusual 'treat'
- Hooves are likely to get dirtier over time
100% Natural No Chemicals Odor or Staining.
Sale 8,847 Reviews Pawstruck Natural Cow Hooves for Dogs – Made in The USA Bulk Dog Dental Treats & Dog Chews Beef Hoof, American Made, 100% Natural No Chemicals Odor or Staining.
Freshly picked, sun dried & skinned, naturally dried and polished.
5. Carolina Prime Pet 41102 Salmon Jerky Stuffed Beef Hooves Treat
- Quality product
- Made in the US
- Flavors for dogs of all ages
- Can promote good dental hygiene
- Made with care
- Sticks to your dog’s teeth, so you may have to brush them afterwards
- Only comes in one flavor
- Can’t be reused
The different flavors of treats offered in this package include salmon, venison, beef, chicken & beef, and chicken.
While the ingredients in this product are not printed on the product packaging, they are printed on the website. All you have to do is write an email to the seller explaining what your dog has allergies to, and they’ll send you a pack of products that are fitting for your pup.
This particular product from Carolina Prime contains rich ingredients which can help improve your pup’s dental hygiene. Even if these treats don’t meet your needs, they are still great for your canine friend to snack on.
6. 123 Treats Smoked Flavored Cow Hooves Chews
Beef hooves are really good for dogs. They are a great source of calcium and other minerals that dogs need. They also help aid their digestion by cleaning and massaging their digestive system. They also use their teeth as a way to naturally fight plaque buildup.
It is really important for dogs to get natural treats. They are put through a lot in their life and give us so much, and we should help them out as much as we can based on our means. We need to keep them feeling good and feeling healthy. These treats are really good for them. They have natural minerals, enzymes and glucosamine. Glucosamine has been known to be really good for joints. It helps to reduce inflammation and helps with exercise.
The manufacturing company ships these right to your door really fast. They use a hard plastic shipping bag in a cardboard box. It protects the box and keeps all items in good shape until they reach you.
7. Superchews Stuffed Cow Hooves
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Real beef, not synthesized
- Sustainable sourced tubers
- A good source of protein
- Contains no chemicals, additives, or unhealthy ingredients
- Each hoof contains 12% protein, 0% fat, and 0% carbohydrates
- Free of chemicals, additives, dyes, flavors, nitrates, or preservatives
- No additives or preservatives
- No added sugar
- Edges are processed with steam to soften and remove any coarse fibres
All Natural Dog Chew Toy with Added Rawhide.
8. Top Dog Chews Hooves
If your dog loves to gnaw on bones, hoofs , and other hard treats, then you need to get them some hooves.
While hoofs are hard, they are perfect for dogs who love strong chews but are milder than bones or hard plastic toys. Plus, even though they’re hard, they’re much safer than most hard natural materials.
We recommend Top Dog Chews Hooves because they’re made from cow hooves sourced exclusively from American cow hooves. This means that it’s free from toxins and other chemicals that are commonly used in manufacturing processes.
9. Best Bully Sticks 100% Natural Cow Hooves Dog Chews
- Last a long time – hours of chewing fun
- Can be used to exercise jaws and relieve boredom
- Fills dogs’ need to chew
- 7 Unique flavors
- 100% natural and fully digestible
- No preservatives
- No added hormones, steroids or chemicals
- Tasty and healthy treat
- Provides a long-lasting and satisfying chew
- Helps clean teeth and gums
- Slightly expensive compared to some other treats
- Grinds easily and pushes to one side (solution: use something inside the cow hooves to prevent this)
- Some dogs have had allergic reactions to these treats
- May cause some dogs to drool (generally solved by soaking in water first)
10. Redbarn Cow Hooves 10pk Natural Dog Chew
The demand for natural dog chews is on the rise, and dog owners are slowly becoming more aware of what chemicals and additives are in their dog's food.
The addition of cow hooves to your dog's diet can easily improve his health and well-being.
Such a diverse product is much loved by dogs simply because they have so many ways to enjoy chewing them.
11. BRUTUS & BARNABY Cow Hooves
Whenever you’re concerned about the quality and source of ingredients of a product, we always recommend you go for the organic version. BRUTUS & BARNABY beef cow hooves for dogs is no exception. The manufacturers have gone out of their way to make sure that the product you’re buying is sourced from grass-fed cows, that are sourced from farms that they have approved of.
They’ve also taken the time to individually inspect each hoof for quality assurance before shipping them to your home. All these efforts have resulted in a product that you can trust.
This bone is also very healthy for your dog. It’s lower in fat and cholesterol than a regular cut of beef, so you can feel safe in knowing that you’re not putting additional, unnecessary fat into your dog’s diet.
12. Natural Cow Hooves
- Huge quantity
- Made in America
- Resistant to puppy chewing
- They get chewed up very quickly
- They get very smelly
- They’re pretty expensive
Softer than our Premium Hooves.
When it comes to dog toys and treats, there’s no shortage of options at the moment … from balls to stuffed plush toys and all sorts of infused treats for your pet.
However, for some dog owners, these modern dog toys aren’t the best option.
13. 123 Treats
The 123 Treats filled cow hooves are perfect for every dog that loves chewing on natural and healthy treats. They’re made in the USA and using only beef and beef organs.
The mint dental sticks are all produced with beef hoof as base, with added extra vitamin C and E. They come in two different sizes: medium and large. These chewing treats are made to clean your dog’s teeth and freshen its breath as well.
They’re made with air-dried beef that is molded into sticks, then covered with a layer of cheese and bacon. The combination of beef and cheese is perfect for removing tartar from your dog’s teeth. You can give them to your dog directly as toys for fun and entertainment as well. Dogs love chewing on them, and they’re perfect for keeping them clean and healthy.
14. ValueBull USA Hooves Dog Chews
Cow hooves are a popular chews for dogs due to their low price and high nutritional value. When it comes to your dog’s health, especially their dental, you don’t want to compromise at all. Dog chews are a great opportunity to provide your pet with the nutrients they require to maintain their good health. Not only are they nutritious, they also mentally stimulate them, and satisfy their desire to chew.
Then there’s the value of this product. The price is cheap, but there’s the convenience that you’ll get from buying them in bulk, without sacrificing quality. We also noticed that there’s 3 boxes of 120 Chews in each box. Each box weighs less than 1lb.
15. Redbarn Natural Bully Filled Hooves
You can place any bully filled hoof in a bowl of hot water and it will soften up. So you can easily fill it with bully sticks or rawhide. As your dog chews on it, you’ll be able to see their teeth getting cleaned.
The Redbarn Natural Bully Filled Hooves measures approximately 3.5″ long and 2.75″ wide. It’s not too small and not too big, just right to be a healthy treat.
It’s a great way to stimulate your dog’s mind. Plus, it provides a tremendous dental challenge to your pet. This particular hoof is made from high quality, odor-free natural cattle skin.
16. Jones Natural 60ct Hooves Bulk
- 100% natural
- No preservatives or additives
- One of the lowest prices you’ll find on an Amazon seller
- Available in a bulk pack
- Very safe and non-toxic
- You’ll likely have to rinse the hooves off
- Great for both large and medium-sized dogs
- No flavoring, colors or other artificial ingredients
- Soft enough for puppies to chew
- Can easily be broken into smaller pieces if desired
- Some dogs may find the smell offensively
- The texture may be too tough due to being so hard
- Although chews are better in moderation, your dog can still be a little too aggressive with them, causing dental issues or choking
Overall, Jones Natural Hooves are great for most dogs. However, if your pup has a sensitive tummy, you might want to avoid them. Each of the Jones Natural 60ct hoof chews are about 3 inches long. They’re made from natural cow hooves that have been dried slowly using a special process that maintains all of their nutritional values.
17. Venison Joe's Hickory Hooves 10 Pack
There are some dogs out there that rather than eating real meat, they’d much prefer to just chew on a dried bone.
And to ensure they get the maximum flavor for their buck, Venison Joe’s have made these Hickory flavored, all natural, 100% beef hooves.
Perfect as a dog treat, and as a strong chew for dogs that like to chew, the benefits are high for both your dog and the planet.
18. Gogo Pet Products 10 Count Natural Top Cut Cow Hooves
Dog chews can be a great way to satisfy your pup’s natural desire to chew. And, cow hooves are said to be the best dog chews. Not only are they healthy chews for dogs, but they help maintain your dog’s dental hygiene. However, not all types of cow hooves are of the same quality.
As owners, it’s important to choose the right brand that will satisfy your dog’s needs. For most small dogs, the best size would be the 100% natural top cut cow hooves from GoGo Pet Products.
These cow hooves only come in packs of 10, so you’ll need to order more than one to keep your dog happy and healthy. According to the company, they’re made with top-quality 100% natural materials.
19. WhiteTail Naturals Cow Hooves
- Made in the USA
- Packaged in 10 thick, 100% natural cow hooves
- Recommended by veterinarians
- All-natural, grain free, made from 100% natural beef
- Helps keep teeth and gums clean
- Makes for a great rawhide alternative
- 100% guaranteed
- While the size of the cow hooves are compatible for small to medium sized dogs, it is not suitable for very large dogs, especially breeds that have a strong bite
- While the price is comparable to other hooves, it is a bit pricey
- Even though the cow hooves are natural, some dogs might prefer the taste of rawhide rawhide
The WhiteTail Naturals Cow Hooves for Dogs is a set of 10 100% natural beef hooves dried by the sun to keep them edible. These hooves make it perfect for those dogs who have allergies towards the regular rawhide treats, and are looking for alternatives.
The hooves are all-natural and free from chemicals, and is something that almost every dog will love on. Your (current) dog will have the treat of its life! It is recommended to serve the hooves without giving your pet water for about 15-30 minutes after having one, that way the dog will have both its thirst and snack satisfied.
20. Country Pup's Stuffed Hooves
Our top pick is the USDA certified cow hooves made by Country Pup. These bovine hooves are large enough to satisfy the largest canine. These hooves are intended for dogs that have a strong chewing habit and might split open a smaller, weaker hoof.
They’re made with all natural ingredients including: rice, gelatin, garlic, and salt. All these ingredients provide an excellent chewing experience as dogs are predisposed to seeking out and chewing their natural prey.
The arched centre makes it easier for dogs to grip on and for a strong chew session. The natural flavour is an added bonus.
21. Pet'S Choice 3-Pack Cow Hooves Treat
Pet’s Choice 3-pack of cow hooves include a package of 2 normal cow hooves and one larger hoof. These cow hooves last for hours to keep your pooch entertained.
We love that these hooves are 100% natural and chemical-free. Chemicals used during the production of most dog treats can be harmful to your pet.
They are also fully digestible, making it easy on your dog’s stomach. These hooves are easy to chew and the perfect size for your dog to enjoy.
22. Gogo Pet Products 100 Count Natural Top Cut Cow Hooves
- Best cheap all-natural hooves
- Long lasting, great for dogs of all ages
- Suitable for dogs with gum disease
- 100% natural, safe for dogs
- No harmful chemicals, additives, or preservatives
- 100% USDA inspected
- Freezable or chewable
- Free of artificial preservatives or colors
- 360 degree chewing
- May contain varying degrees of saltiness
- Fragile, crumble easily
- Quite large for smaller breeds, may need to be cut
- Smell and taste of salt may take some time to get used to
- Get extremely messy
In our search for the best cow hooves for dogs, we’ve come across Gogo Pet Product’s natural cow hooves.
This product has been used by countless dog owners, both at home and professionally. This confirms an effective way of dealing with a puppy’s chewing needs, especially with their teeth. Plus, a single package can last you a very long time, so you get the bangs for your buck.
23. Butcher Shop 013243 Bulk Bag Of 50 Cow Hooves Dog Bone Treats
- Made of 100% Premium cow hooves
- Can be used for small to large dogs
- Smaller than a Cow bone, but still has the marrow inside
- Great for moderate chewers
- Keeps dogs busy and away from your shoes
- Low odor, not smelly and when chewed, won’t be a big hassle to clean up
- Helps clean plaque and tartar from teeth
- Helps promote healthy gums
- Provides vitamins and minerals
- Promotes enjoyable chewing and exercise
- These hooves sometimes have to be bleached before giving them to your dog
- Are not made for heavy chewers
- The small ones can splinter and break
- Can be a little messy
24. Smokehouse Beef Hooves Dog Treat
Looking for dog hooves that are all-natural, and made from 100% USA beef? Then Smokehouse Beef Hooves Dog Treats should be your go-to choice.
The Smokehouse Beef Hooves Dog Treats from Natures Logic come at a very economical price for 50 tiny treats. With such a big package, you can even share these treats with multiple dogs.
These comfort treats can be given to dogs anytime, because they’re not only delicious; they can also serve as treats as well.
25. Powerpet 100% Natural Cow Hooves
Cow hooves are some of the most popular pet treats. They’re chewy, they’re delicious, they’re healthy, and dogs adore them.
However, many pet owners have a hard time finding high-quality cow hooves for their pets to enjoy. That’s why we’ve done the hard work for you and created this list of the best cow hooves for dogs.
If you’re not sure which pet treats to give your fur baby, check out our guide on the best dog treats for your best friend.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are cow hooves good for dogs?
Dogs are just like humans, they need a varied diet to get all the nutrients they need to function. Most dogs eat commercial dog food. However, a growing number of pet owners are feeding their dogs foods that are more natural.
Dogs can eat vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, and green beans. They can eat fruits such as bananas, apples and oranges. They can also eat eggs and cheese. They can have lean meats including beef, chicken and turkey. Chew on bones or a cow hoof, just like their ancestors, help to keep their jaws strong and clean teeth.
Are cow hooves digestible?
As far as we know so far, we have found that cow hooves are 100% digestible.
Not only is this amazing for your dogs dental health, but also an amazing supplement to promote dental health.
Dogs are carnivorous animals, which means they derive their nutrition by eating meat products. So, one way to promote the health of your dog’s teeth is to feed them products that have been proven to promote dental health.
On top of this, if you think about it in a more primitive manner, most of the time when a dog eats a bone from an animal, they have to work at it slowly and carefully to make sure that they can remove the marrow from inside without chipping or breaking their teeth!
This allows the dog to get the protein-rich benefits from the bone marrow and also promotes strong teeth and healthier gums.
What to fill hooves with for dogs?
Are cow ears better than rawhide?
This is definitely an issue of personal preference.
My dog loves both treats very much and they serve very different purposes. I think that they both amuse my dog in different ways.
Rawhide stimulates his chewing instinct. It keeps his mouth busy and it is somewhat of a challenge to him to tear it apart. He’s so smart, though, that he usually tears it apart in a very short period of time.
Cow ears are great for his desire to rip things apart, but they are softer and not as hard as rawhide, so they don’t provide quite the same challenge of chewing. They both last a really long time, though, and they both help to keep his teeth white and healthy while they play with it.
If you buy the best cow hooves for dogs, you could almost say you’re set for life! It’s hard to provide an exact answer to the question of which hooves are the best because there are so many different brands, and more coming every day! Don’t worry, we’ll make it easier for you by laying out a buying guide and picking the best on the market today.
|Redbarn Filled Hooves-Peanut Butter||Best Overall|
|Redbarn Natural Bully Filled Hooves||Budget Pick|
|ValueBull USA Hooves Dog Chews||Upgrade Pick|