Depending on your pet’s needs and personality, there are different dog crates that can help your dog get more comfortable, sleep better, or just travel easier.
So don’t rush into a purchase, there are many options that you’ll need to consider before you can make the best choice for your pet.
|Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate||Best Overall|
|Petsfit Indoor Wooden Dog House||Budget Pick|
|Pinnacle Wood Dog Crate End Table||Upgrade Pick|
1. Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate
When it comes to pet crates, you want something that’s sturdy and durable, which is exactly what you’ll get with the Casual Home Rabbit and Dog Rolling 4-Door Crate.
Constructed out of solid, non-laminated plywood, this multi-purpose crate is nice and strong. It’s not as cumbersome as the metal crates and doesn’t weight (much) more, which is great if you have to move it.
The three convenient rolling doors offer easy access to your pets. And the cage is just the right size, being the perfect size for a small dog but also able to handle medium dogs if need be.
2. Petsfit Indoor Wooden Dog House
- The craftsmanship on this product is excellent
- It matches with decor, and is ideal for small dogs
- You can place it in any corner of your house
- Can be ordered at various sizes
- Arch-shaped front door
Cat, and Pet.
The Petsfit Indoor Pet House is a great piece of furniture which is ideal for small dogs and cats. It comes with a wire door which you can keep open during the day, and closed at night. The sturdy construction means it can be placed in any corner of your house and can be ordered in different sizes.
The Petsfit house comes with a water-resistant pad that will protect the items it comes in contact from getting wet. The pad can be removed for washing.
3. Merry Pet 2-in-1 Configurable Pet Crate and Gate
- Well-made and sturdy
- Extra large; ideal for big dogs
- Easy assembly and transportation
- Folds into a 2-inch high barrier
- Sturdy door latches
If you’re looking for a quality dog crate that’s large enough for a large dog, look no further than this one here from Merry Pet ….
Measuring 46 x 30 x 24 inches (L x W x H), it’s one of the largest dog crates around. Made from sturdy plastic with a waterproof faux suede bottom, this dog crate weighs a total of 94.2 lbs.
There are a total of six panels used in the construction which makes this crate extra sturdy … and it features a brown, tan and black design. It’s also stylish enough to blend in with your home decor.
4. Newport Pet Crate End Table
5. Crown Pet Products Wood Pet Crate End Table
6. Merry Products Pet Cage
- Easily collapsible
- Many sizes available to fit any breed
- Easy to assemble without tools
- Dimensions are perfect for most adult dog breeds
- Sleek, contemporary aesthetics fit most living spaces
- Very airy and spacious
- Easy to clean
- Latches are made from inferior plastic
- Locking system is compromised when the cage is unlocked
- Can crack or splinter over time
According to reviewers, the “Merry cage” is a fantastic dog crate for both small and large dog breeds.
It’s a fantastic choice if you live in a small space as it can be easily stored when not in use.
7. Eagle Furniture Manufacturing K9 Crate
- Easy to assemble and set up
- Includes a convenient storage panel
- Sturdy and well-built
- Comes with a 90-day warranty
- An affordable price tag
- Instructions are not that easy to understand
- Not a very big crate
- The storage panel is a bit flimsy
- There’s a gap between the bars and the floor
The Eagle Furniture Manufacturing K9 crate is a pretty decent sized crate for a medium sized dog.
The design is aesthetically pleasing with a nice stain for an impressive finish.
The setup and installation of the crate is a breeze. The instructions are not very difficult to understand and with a couple of tools it gets done in less than an hour.
8. Merry Pet Wood Pet House
- Built-in woodhouse and durable dog crate
- Comes with a removable door
- Interior space of 23.6 square inches
- Can be used as an indoor dog house
- Has a super strong latch
- Small and very lightweight at 7.2 lbs
- Easy to put together
- Air vents for better airflow
- Quality materials
- Fits easily into most cars
- Assembly required
- The latch isn’t as strong as it appears
- Suitable only for small and medium dogs
- Does not work well on uneven surfaces
- It’s not very deep – space for your dog is limited
The Merry Pet dog house is a super stylish dog house that is made from real wood which is also durable.
The house measures 18 x 21 x 16 inches, big enough to comfortably fit dogs of small to medium size and it weighs 8 lbs.
The house also includes a small door that is perfect for puppies.
9. Orvis Wooden End Table Crate
10. Richell Richell Wooden End Table Crate Large
- Can secure up to seven indoor pets
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Easily folds up and collapses for easy storage
- Easy to assemble and carry
If you’re looking for a functional and sturdy indoor pet crate, then the Richell cage may be one to consider. The Richell Large Pet Crate is perfect for dogs, cats, small animals and other critters. It also features a stylish design and is foldable for easy storage.
This crate is designed with the door-side against the wall, which is probably its most high-end feature. You’ll have no trouble putting in or removing your pet from the crate with this design.
The Richell is extremely well designed and easy to set up. It’s foldable, so you can collapse it and store it out of sight. If you need to travel, you can quickly and easily set it up and carry it around. The measurements are 44 x 19.5 x 22.5 inches.
11. Internet's Best Decorative Dog Kennel
- The raised edge helps make potty training a little easier
- The doors are made from metal and have a secure latch to keep your dog in
- The wire cage is easy to clean
- The doors have no protection
- It smells like chemicals when you first open it
- The front doors are not sized well to the crate door
Keeping your dog close is easy with a decorative dog crate. These products require no personalization or assembly, and can be easily used without altering your space. Look for ones with fiberboard or clean wood shells.
Though dog crates are trendy right now, that doesn’t mean they’re a good fit for all homes. For example, if you have a puppy, a crate can be a good option to keep it out of trouble while you’re away. You can even get a folding one so that it can be stored in tight spaces. However, crates aren’t meant for older dogs or those with separation anxiety issues. If you take your dog everywhere, a carrier or large dog harness is a better choice.
12. zoovilla Medium Slide Aside Crate and End Table
When you’re looking for a decorative dog crate, most are big and bulky. If you’re looking for a pet cage that’s small, compact, and attractive, the ZOOVILLA Medium Slide Aside Crate is the perfect choice.
This pet cage has a vintage-inspired design and it’s made from solid wood and glass. The sliding side door features non-scratch plastic and it’s included with a latched door to keep your furry friend in and insects out.
This cage is unique in the sense that it’s not just intended for pets, but can also be used as a decorative end table. Moreover, the sliding top and sides are equipped with full-length safety slides.
13. Zoovilla Dog Crate
A dog crate is an important part of the way you travel with your dog. It’s a secure place for your dog to be while you’re moving around. A well-made dog crate will allow you to travel with peace of mind, and that’s what we’re looking for with this pick.
The Zoovilla 4-Door Dog Cage is an elegant home for your furry friend. A one-piece design makes it easy to assemble, and the 4 doors provide easy access.
The crate is made from durable steel and zinc, which gives it a premium look. And, the anchor bolts on the bottom keeps it secure from sliding.
14. Polarbear's Shop New Wooden Pet Crate end Table Kennel cage Furniture Dog Pen Indoor House Bed Small
If you want to provide your pets with a safe and secure place to rest, then look no further than the Polarbear Kennel. It’s sturdy construction makes it suitable for medium to large dogs.
The secure enclosure with included bolt-down hardware can hold up to 50 lbs. With the included wheels you can easily move it around for convenience and to free-up space. Although, that may not be necessary with the Polarbear Kennel as it takes minimal space.
If you’re looking for a simple, yet elegant looking kennel for your pet, then the Polarbear Kennel is the one for you. The super easy assembly also makes it great for beginners and easily blends into any decor.
15. New Age Pet ecoFLEX Pet Crate/End Table
A dog crate is one of the most effective solutions to house train, and this crate from New Age Pet does it especially well with high reviews. Plus, it’s the perfect bed for your dog, with a soft removable bottom cover that can be taken off and washed.
At the back of the crate, you’ll find a large access door that makes it easy to clean out any mess or reach to your pet inside.
The floor of this dog crate is made from premium PVC-free polyester fabric, making it easy to clean. It also comes in an array of colors – black, blue, grey, green, and red. The underside is made of plastic.
16. BarkWood Pet Crate End Table
- Interior is easy to assemble
- Solid structure that’s designed with stackability in mind
- Comes with a removable tray for easy cleaning
- Ensures safety for dogs
- Great value for price
- They’re collapsible for easy storage
- If the dog’s a chewer, they may try to escape
- They’re on the heavy side
- They’re on the small side compared to other brands
- Original finish is susceptible to scratching
If your dog needs containment but you don’t have a lot of space available, you may want to take a look at these collapsible crates from BarkWood. They’re stylish and will look great in any room of your home.
Pet owners love the fact that they can use these crates for everything from travel crates to house training crates. If you’re looking for something that your dog will have a positive association with, then they have you covered.
These crates are available in a wide variety of sizes and colors and they’re also the right height to double as end tables in any room.
17. Pinnacle Wood Dog Crate End Table
- Made from high quality wood
- Perfect for dogs that weigh less than 30 pounds
- Includes a matching drop-pin crate tray that fits inside perfectly
- Solid and sturdy
- Fits in any room or corner of your home (just don’t put it near the heater or air conditioner.
18. Pinnacle Woodcraft Chew Proof Dog Crate Amish Wooden
- Amish handcrafted real wood
- Unconditional lifetime replacement warranty
- Superior strength and security
- Chew proof construction
- Secures to any surface
- Cushiony and comfortable
- Uses shorter screws for more secure fit
- Easy to clean
- Available in a variety of sizes and colors
- Can feel a bit bulky
- Square corners might not be ideal for some dogs
- Somewhat more expensive than other crate options
- Only the two largest sizes come with dividers
The Pinnacle Woodcraft Chew Proof Dog Crate Amish Wooden is a great choice for anyone looking for a sturdy, long-lasting crate. It’s made with solid wood and has a covered frame, a secure locking mechanism, and a rounded top, making it tough to chew through all while still maintaining optimal visibility.
19. Indoor Wooden Mobile Dog Pet Cage
This beautiful dog crate from Horizontal Hobby includes a removable/lockable pan and side panels, making it more like-new, premium quality furniture. The double-door openings are large enough for any size dog and lightweight enough to be moved easily.
Premium-quality dog gift Box features a totally rust-proof and non-toxic, odor-proof powder-coating finish. Crates include a removable/lockable pan and side panels, making them more like-new, premium quality furniture.
The double door openings are large enough for any size dog and lightweight enough to be moved easily. Each dog gift box has a convenient storage drawer below.
20. DenHaus TownHaus Indoor Dog House and End Table
- Beautiful look and feel
- High-quality craftsmanship
- Also doubles as a table when your furry friend is not home
- Sturdy and durable
- Fits most breeds
- Excellent customer service
- Soft-sided, which means there’s a risk of your pet chewing at the fabric
- The surface can get dirty easily (but can be washed)
The DenHaus TownHaus Indoor Dog House and End Table is our top pick when it comes to decorative dog crates and kennels.
It features a clean, modern design that will look great in any room of your home. That’s because the TownHaus Indoor Dog House is conveniently collapsible, so if you have guests coming over, you can easily wheel it out of sight.
The bottom of the dog crate/table is made from a soft, polyfoam rubber, but the top is covered in a durable fabric, which makes it much more resistant to dirt and stains. Plus, it’s easy to clean with a fabric-friendly vacuum or mild soap. The table also has built-in air-holes to aide with ventilation.
21. Giantex Wood Pet Dog Kennel Crate End Table Cat Dog House Kennel Cage
This decorative dog crate by Giantex is a solid choice if you’re in need of a sturdy and cute crate.
The door comes with a spring-loaded latch that is made for easy opening and closing. It can also be secured with a key when your dog isn’t inside the crate.
This dog crate also has removable plastic tray, which makes cleaning easier. The crate itself comes in ‘Golden Yellow’ and ‘Coffee Brown’.
22. Internet's Best Decorative Dog Kennel
When it comes to decorative dog crates the Internet’s Best Decorative Dog Kennel it’s a fantastic choice.
According to reviews, the crate is not only appealing in its design, but is also very sturdy.
This crate will definitely stand out as a conversation starter piece in your home or office. Not only will it attract visitors’ eyes and attention but it also has a number of uses given its versatility.
23. Primetime Petz End Table Kennel
- Cheap and functional
- Assembles in 5 minutes; or less
- Relatively lightweight
- Non-toxic and soft on dogs
- Does not contain any parts that can harm your dog
- Doesn’t take up too much space
- Has a waterproof cushion that can be easily cleaned
- Portable – and lightweight enough to carry around
- Bought with a 100% money-back guarantee
- Not for larger dogs
- The wide opening is a deterrent to some dogs
- Can be prone to mold
- The metal bars can chew through the cushion
- The latch can be difficult to open
Our pick is Primetime Petz table kennel, which is designed to be used as a dog bed, as well as a kennel. If rectangular dog crates are too bulky for you, or if you need something you can conveniently use as a table, the End Table Kennel could be what you’re looking for. Plus, it’s only 27 lbs, so it’s easy to lug around your home, no matter how tight the space.
24. Dynamic Accents Dog Crate End Table Black medium size
- Solid metal door
- Provides a secure and cozy environment for your pup
- Extra room at the same time for comfortable living
- Easy to assemble
- No tools needed
- Sturdy construction
- Large size
- The door latch is a little unsightly
- The door creaks a little when opening
- Takes up a lot of space
- Not suitable for small pups
- The assembly instructions are a little unclear
The Dynamic Accents Dog Crate End Table is a good fit for crates with a height of 35-39 inches. The latch on the door is solid and gives you peace of mind that your dog won’t get out of the crate until you’re ready.
The design of the crate is simplistic and is a good pick for sleek and stylish homes. The crate is also portable, should you need to move it around due to space.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best dog crate brand?
The single most influential factor when deciding which dog crate brand to purchase is going to be your specific needs. For example, if your dog is of a small breed or is a puppy, then certain criteria may limit your selection to a smaller subset of crates. If you have a larger sized breed, then there are many other factors such as whether you want a model with a divider or whether you want a crate with wheels, etc that all come into play.
So, to find the best dog crate brand, I’ve broken down my list into a few key categories and then give you my best recommendations for each criterion.
How can I make my dog crate more attractive?
The last thing you want to do is make them feel like their crate is a prison. I recommend getting some decals or stickers that add more life to the dog crate. There are many cute little designs available and it will definitely lighten the mood.
You could even get creative. Maybe you want to theme the dog crate with your pet’s favorite sports team, or favorite cartoon character. There’s many options available.
Be smart, just use gentle recommendations. In the long-run, your dog will appreciate the more friendly look to the dog crate.
Are wire or plastic dog crates better?
With both wire and plastic dog crates, you have to take into account what meals your dog has, and how likely they are to destroying their crate. Dog crates are an excellent way to keep your dog safe and sound when you can’t get a hold of them, but you donʼt want to take the risk of having your dog destroying his household cage.
Some dogs are rather hard on their pet items, and if so, you should probably stick with plastic crates, whether it’s indoor or outdoor. However, if you have a sedate dog, you shouldn’t have to worry about much. If you do however, you should probably stick with wire crates as the plastic ones can be quite prone to breakage.
Are Frisco dog crates good?
I use the Frisco dog crates for my personal dogs and will continue to this brand in the future. I have had excellent experiences with both the dog crates and Frisco customer support. They have a wide variety of crates and kennels to fit your needs. I also like the fact that they offer replacement doors for their dog crates. Since I am an animal lover and am a strong believer in positive reinforcement, I like to create a relaxed atmosphere for the dogs.
If you are looking for the best dog crate for your dog, you have come to the right place. I can help you decide which dog crate is best for your pet.
These crate reviews are based on the experience of the hundreds and hundreds of customers that I have helped in the past. Do you have a new puppy or a grown dog that needs training? I have you covered there as well. Choosing the best dog crate for your pet will be easy with my advice.
|Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate||Best Overall|
|Petsfit Indoor Wooden Dog House||Budget Pick|
|Pinnacle Wood Dog Crate End Table||Upgrade Pick|