Dog food is a big expense for many dog owners and quality dog bowls can add up to a big chunk of change. This comparison chart will help you find the best stainless steel dog bowls for your pup that is designed with durability and style in mind.
Regardless of your dog size or the number of dogs you have, finding the right dog bowl can help make feeding time a pleasant experience for both you and your dog. These bowls are designed to hold your dogs food and water.
Dogs love their bowls and will do just about anything for a tasty bite of their favorite foods. For that reason, they also need a place that they can feel safe and secure, a place that they can call home. Just as humans have our homes, dogs have their own little space that they can call their own.
This is true especially for dogs that tend to carry around their favorite toys and chew on them in their spare time. It is also true for dogs that tend to chew through things like cardboard boxes. It is even true for dogs that tend to chew through things like their leashes.
The problem with using a cardboard box for your dog is the same as it would be for a human. Just imagine if you were given one of those makeshift dog houses and you had to spend the rest of your life in that tiny space.
You would be just as miserable as your dog must be with his cardboard box.
|Loving Pets Bella Bowl||Best Overall|
|Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slo Bowl||Budget Pick|
|Neater Pet Brands||Upgrade Pick|
1. Loving Pets Bella Bowl
The Loving Pets Bella Bowl is an exceptionally lightweight (8oz) dog bowl made from either a BPA-free plastic or melamine surface. The size of the bowl is 6” in diameter and 1.5” in height. Making it a great choice for cats, puppies and very small animals.
The bowl has a non-skid ring which prevents it from moving around when your pet eats or drinks out of it. The material is also heat resistant up to 225 degrees so it can be machine-washed. It’s also made so that it doesn’t retain odors or tastes. If you have a voracious eater, the product comes with a lifetime replacement guarantee. If you have a particularly messy dog, it comes in a few different colors to choose from.
2. Bone Dry DII Lattice Square Ceramic Pet Bowl
- Non-tip design
- Multiple colors available
- Top rack dishwasher safe
- Doesn’t absorb odors and stains
- Low space hygienic design
- Blue water bowl for breeders
- Heavier than other bowls
- Fragile rim around the bowl
3. URPOWER Dog Bowls Stainless Steel Dog Bowl
- Designed with anti-skid properties
- Large and durable
- Comes with a non-skid mat to avoid spillage
- The deep bowl for larger dogs
- Easy to clean
- The feeding area is only about 5 inches wide and may be too shallow for larger breeds.
The URPOWER stainless steel pet bowls come in a large 53 oz size and is designed with no-skid properties to avoid mess and spillages. The deep bowl is about 6 inches wide and is suitable for larger dogs. It’s widely used as a pet feeding and water bowl and is ideal for dog, cat, and other pets as well.
As with most stainless steel bowls, the URPOWER dog bowl is also durable. Since the inside of the bowl is textured, it produces a non-skid effect – keeping the bowl in place while your dog eats. There’s also a raised outer edge to help in catching spills and to reduce dribbling and mess.
4. AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Dog Bowl
- Available in two sizes – small and medium
- Also comes in four colors – red, blue, green, and black
- The easily removable non-skid base – makes it dishwasher safe
- Made from rust-proof stainless steel
- Affordable and well-made
- Can be folded for space-saving storage
- Slow-sinking design makes it more challenging to drink quickly
- Free from BPA, phthalates, and lead
- The outer rim reduces water splashing from occurring
- Awards from Doggie Design Awards
- Some users reported that the material rusts easily
- From some users, they’ve found no significant difference from stainless steel and non-stick bowls to their dog
The AmazonBasic dog bowl is very popular among dog owners because it’s inexpensive while still being well-made and functional. It’s made of non-toxic, BPA-free and phthalate-free stainless steel. Because the bowl is made out of stainless steel, it does not absorb smells and is resistant to rust or corrosion.
5. OurPets Premium DuraPet Dog Bowl
- Available in 9” and 10” sizes
- The bowls are made from real wood
- Comes with a rubber base to prevent sliding
- Has a non-skid ring inside the bowl (helps prevent mess and reduces spills from the resident dog)
- Can be used for dry or wet food
- Three bowls come in a pack
- The bowls are designed for everyday use; they’re not meant to be dishwasher safe or refrigerator safe
- Thick wall construction ensures durability
6. Neater Pet Brands
The Neater Feeder from Neater Pet can be used with both dogs and cats.
The dish can be used as both a feeding bowl and as a water bowl. However, it needs to be cleaned after each use as it’s not dishwasher safe. The company claims that the design stops food and water from spilling all over the floor.
The stainless steel feeding bowl can be attached to the top of the drip plate. Dogs will have to lean down to eat.
7. Dog Bowls Stainless Steel
This two-pack comes with three collapsible food and water bowls – two large and one small.
They’ll fit in any size corridor or in small homes with limited storage.
The bowls are made from plastic and are translucent. This will allow you to see how your pup is doing at all times. You can easily pull up the bowl and check your pet.
8. Maslow Standard Bowl
The Maslow Standard stainless steel dog bowl comes in two sizes: 5.5 and 12.5 ounces. They come with a non-skid silicone bottom to keep them from moving around.
The smaller size might be more easily transportable, but it’ll hold less water than the bigger bowl. And the metal isn’t forgiving on sensitive snouts. It’s nevertheless a bestseller on Amazon with an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars. The list of pros is a teensy bit longer.
9. Premium 7" Elevated Dog and Cat Pet Feeder
- Will last for a long time; it’s dishwasher-safe and sturdy
- Does not take up too much space in your kitchen
- The assembly process is easy and straightforward
- You can easily adjust the height
- Even if it’s small, it can hold a lot
- Doesn’t tip
- Sometimes the food can get stuck in the rounded corners of the bowls
- Poor customer service
40% More Eating Space.
This elevated dog feeder from ManGRoe is the perfect addition to any kitchen! It comes with an extra two stainless steel bowls that come at an additional cost; they also have no holes, so you can take them outside with you.
This dog feeder is designed to allow your pet to eat comfortably without hanging its head down. Moreover, it has extra large bowl slots that are 40% larger than other bowl feeders… so your pet can eat with its head held high!
10. Waggo Dipper Bowl
- Leak-proof design
- Excellent durability
- Dishwasher safe
- Water levels can be customized – suitable for both small to large dogs
- The rubber bottom prevents sliding
- Comes with insulated travel cover
- Available in 4 colors
- Lightweight and packable
- Unbreakable, non-slip, and easy to clean
- Portable: “It fits easily in your pocket, purse, car”
Our pick for the best dog bowl is the Waggo Diner bowl. Among the most popular food and water dishes for dogs on the market today.
It has an insulated cover that will keep food and water warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It also has a rubber base, which prevents it from sliding and spilling. This Waggo diner bowl is dishwasher safe and meets the highest standards. We couldn’t image a more comfortable and stylish bowl for our dogs.
11. Platinum Pets Embossed Non-Tip Stainless Steel Cat/Dog Bowl
- Durable high quality stainless steel
- Matte finish to reduce food and water spillage
- Rust resistant
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Compact size, perfect for cats and small dogs
- The non-slip ring on the bottom prevents sliding
- Has an ergonomic handle and removable lip ring
- Easy to transport and lightweight
- Affordable compared to similar products
- Color scratches off easily leaving visible metal under the white paint
- The paint chips off easily
- Doesn’t contain a feeding tray
- Smaller than similar products, not suitable for large dogs or food capacity
- The handles become too hot during the summer
12. Bone Dry DII Ceramic Round Pet Bowl
- Food grade ceramic won’t chip or crack
- Doesn’t retain odors or stain
- Machine washable & easy to dry
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- It’s waterproof
- 4 colors to choose from
- Comes with a rubber bottom
- Great for pet food
- The bowl is big enough to hold the food as well as the water from the dog
- No animal testing
- The bottom of the bowl isn’t that sturdy due to the rubber
- It’s quite small
- The dog can’t eat directly from the bowl
- It’s too tall for most dogs; the neck will be touching the floor while he eats
- The bottom of the bowl isn’t attached to the main bowl
D2J119-0.5 oz White
We’ve reviewed a variety of different dog bowls to suit your dog’s needs, but we haven’t reviewed one until now. The Bone Dry DII Ceramic Dog Bowl is a functional dog bowl with dual use as a feeder and a water bowl.
13. PetFusion Elevated Dog Bowls
- Triple-layered aesthetics
- Easy to clean and dry
- Best raised dog bowls
- Free from BPA, PVC, odor, and stain
- 6 different designs to choose from
- Easy to fold and carry around and fully collapsible
- The bowls are not large enough for larger sized dogs
- Wont hold hot temperature for long
Pet food bowls can vary from ceramic, plastic, glass, stainless steel, and tin. However, a lot of pet owners don’t like the fact that stainless steel might contain harmful substances that could affect their pets.
The best raised dog bowl is ceramic or glass since they are inert and wont react with the food, won’t crack or chip, and are easy to clean. They also come in different designs, colors, and are lightweight.
The Petfusion Elevated Dog Bowls are definitely one of the best ceramic dog bowls on the market and are very good for three main reasons: aesthetics, quality, and functionality. For a more detailed look on the Petfusion bowls, check out our review here: Best Dog Bowls.
14. IRIS USA Large Plastic Elevated Feeder
- Catches food messes
- Elevated dish makes it easier to feed your dog
- Stylish and understated design
- Dishwasher safe and non-toxic
- Not as large as advertised
- Exterior scratches if dish is repeatedly moved while empty
- Bowls are not deep enough for large dogs
- Bowls are shallow when dish is full; not great for larger dogs
For a dog dish that is both unique and functional, consider the IRIS USA Large Plastic Elevated Feeder, gray. Made from non-toxic plastic, it is BPA free and offers plenty of training opportunities for your canine companion. Even though the medium bowl is advertised for up to 50lb dogs, it may not be a good fit for larger dogs.
The bowl sizes are not deep enough for larger dogs but are great for small to medium dogs. If you have a large dog, you might consider the large bowl option. If you have a small dog, you can use the three bowls in combination to cater for your canine’s food requirements.
15. GPET Dog Bowl 32 Oz Stainless Steel Bowls
- Anti-skid rubber base
- Removable top for easy cleaning
- Dishwasher safe
- Large 32 oz capacity
- Great choice of colors (black, red, green, blue, and yellow)
- Price is very reasonable
16. Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slo Bowl
Looking for a slow feeder dog bowl? This set is for you. With 5 slo dog bowls – one for every dog in your household – you have all your bases covered.
Of course, slowing down your dog’s eating isn’t the only thing these slo bowls are good for. They also make mealtime more engaging and fun for your dog.
The bowls are made of food-safe plastic and, while dishwasher safe, should not be immersed in water. You can wash them by hand and store them either in a cabinet or in the included travel bag.
17. OurPets DuraPet Slow Feed Premium Stainless Steel Dog Bowl
- Easy to Clean
- Wide Opening
- Raises dog bowl up to help stop spilling
- Dishwasher Safe
- Dishwasher Safe
- The grooves in the bowls may be difficult for some dogs to clean their teeth on, which can lead to dental issues
- The bowls may be too wide for smaller dogs, which can make eating and drinking harder
- The bowls can be heavy
Our Pets dog bowl is easy to use and clean, and it can prevent your dog from eating too fast and spilling his food. This slow feed dog bowl from OurPets is made up of a sturdy material that is resistant to rust, which makes it sustainable. It also has deep bowls that prevent food from spilling. The raised edges on the dog bowl prevent scattering and the dog bowl’s size allows your dog to eat comfortably. This dog bowl has been designed so that it is easy to clean: the bowl can be placed in the dishwasher, and the raised edges can be removed for even easier cleaning.
18. Bergan 88142-P Elevated Double Bowl Feeder
Bergan is a trusted brand in pet supplies, and the Elevated Double Bowl Feeder is a great example of why. With this feeder, canine food stays off the ground and can be neatly dispensed through the stainless steel tubes.
The walls of both bowls are high enough to prevent pets from chewing and digging, while the whole unit is waterproof. It’s easy to clean and can easily be disassembled for a deep clean.
19. Mr. Peanut's Stainless Steel Interactive Slow Feed Dog Bowl
20. PetRageous Designs Pooch Basics Pet Bowl
- Corner design prevents food and water from spilling, while providing your dog with a comfortable placemat for eating or resting on
- Non-slip rubber feet provide areas to keep the bowl and mat securely in place
- Food grade silicone and polypropylene material does not harbor bacteria…ensuring your dog’s health and safety
- Top-shelf dishwasher safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Comes with 3 bowls (1, 3, and 5 Qt) and a mat
- 3 different sizes, and color options
- Made in USA
With Drip-Resistant Mat (1, 3 and 5 quart – Blue, Pink, and Green Color Options).
21. Neater Pet Brands
- This bowl will help your dog fight bloating (and therefore reduce nausea and regurgitation and abdominal pain) by slowing them down when they eat
- Also helps to slow down their eating behavior and pressure and irritation on their esophagus and stomach
- The grooves also make it easier to hold by reducing the slips
- Encourages better chewing habits
- Best for dogs with eating/feeding behaviors that need to be addressed such as gulping their food down, scarfing, and inhaling their meals
- This slow feeder bowl also transitions well to a training bowl: as soon as it's filled, ensure your dog sits or lies down and only then, allow them to reach for their food
- If your dog is already large and it takes him more than a few minutes to eat, you will need to move up to the 6-cup slow feeder
- Release buttons don't match up with the bowl shape, and therefore it can be slightly difficult for the dog to remove the lid
- It's difficult to lock on the lid when it's being used by a squirmy pup
- Does not work for dogs who eat in too few bites. If your dog will finish their entire meal in a few minutes, you will need a faster bowl those are designed for faster eater
22. Siensync Slow Feeder Dog Bowl
- Raised Chewsafe edges for slow feeding
- BPA free
- Soothing textures to keep your dogs entertained
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Non-slip base
- Suitable for large, medium and small dogs
- It doesn’t work for all dogs
- It’s very large
- Individual bowls may come with blemishes
- Relatively expensive
In keeping with our exceptional products in this best dog bowls review, we’re featuring the Siensync Slow Feeder Dog Bowl. This product is a fun interactive dog bowl that will help prevent your dog from eating too much, throwing up, becoming overweight, and choking.
Some of the great features of the dog bowl include a raised texture that keeps it from sliding around and an elevated slow feeding design. All of this helps cut down on the amount of air your dog eats and makes sure he’s fully satisfied before getting another serving.
Another great benefit of using this interactive dog bowl set is if your dog is a heavy chewer, the Silicone rubber ring will help keep the bowl secure regardless of how much he tosses or turns.
23. Ethical 9-1/2-Inch Stoneware Crock Dog Dish
With its easy to clean and durable design, the Ethical ceramic doggy bowl is a great pick for pet owners. The safety feature of ceramic is that if you leave it laying around and a dog steps on it, it won’t break into small pieces.
The sleek black ceramic bowl fits in with every kitchen decoration without drawing too much attention.
It’s also a great fit for dogs that bite into their dish. This bowl won’t break, and it is crystal-clear to help identify food debris.
24. PremiumConnection Pet Dog Ceramic Pet Bowl
- Made from sturdy ceramic
- Cute and practical design makes for easy feeding
- Dishwasher safe
- Has non-skid silicone pads underneath
- Comes with a tray
- 2 bowls for 1 price
- Bowls are quite small
- Some customers have complained that their pets have an upset stomach after using this bowl
Although not as sturdy as some of its competitors, the Premium Connection Dog Bowls with Tray easily makes up for it with its cute and practical design. It’s perfect for feeding your dog – large or small. The best part about this bowl is that it comes with a tray that makes cleanup a breeze.
The bowls are available in two sizes, 5 and 7.5 inches, and can hold up to 1.25 liters of food and water – which is more than enough for medium to large sized dogs. Even if your pet is a messy eater, there’s no need to worry about the spilled food or water. That’s because the bottom of this tray is covered with non-skid silicone pads that keep it from moving around. Not only that, but they also protect your floor from scratches.
25. Pet Zone Designer Diner ADJUSTABLE Elevated Dog Bowls
- Looks stylish and holds a good amount of water
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Food and water bowls are dishwasher safe
- Very stable even on a slippery floor
- The stainless steel bowls are of high quality
- The package includes two bowls and a food mat
- Each bowl adjusts to three different heights
- Snaps firmly into place at each height
- Sturdy bowls don’t move around while your dog is eating
- Food stays fresher in the raised bowl
- Doesn’t have rubber pads on the bottom to prevent slippage
- The water bowl is shallow; it’s mainly for looks
- May not be suitable for small dogs
Looks are the main reason to choose Pet Zone Designer Diner ADJUSTABLE Elevated Dog Bowls. It has a clean and modern look. The elevated bowls are a great addition for your dog’s comfort and health. The Pet Zone Designer Diner ADJUSTABLE Elevated Dog Bowls is a practical and stylish elevated dog bowl set for small to medium dogs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which dog bowls are best?
Well, this depends on what you intend to use them for. Are you searching for a dog water bowl or a dog food bowl?
If you want the food bowls, you have to go with the 5-pound one over the three-pound one. Both are great and even better still if you buy them in a set!
If you want the water bowls, there are some features that you should take into consideration. For one, your dog needs to drink plenty of water.
For this reason, it is best to go with a stainless steel one. This is the best material for a water bowl for dogs because it is easy to clean and easy to disinfect.
Your dog will love to drink from a stainless steel bowl which has a rubber ring around the base.
This type of bowl will prevent it from sliding or moving. It also has a non-skid rubber base that will prevent it from sliding on the floor.
Is it better to have raised dog bowls?
Yes. Especially if your dog is prone to spilling water around the house, or if your dog has joint problems. Dogs over the age of 7 can have mobility problems with their legs, specifically their hips. The easiest way to tell if your dog is affected by hip problems is to see if they have a sway in their step, they might appear to walk with a limp, or they might have trouble getting up when lying down.
What are the safest dog bowls?
When searching for the best dog bowl, consider safety to be a defensive priority.
Most of the pet products that are out there have amazing features including:
- Chew proof
- Easy to clean
- BPA free
- Odor resistant
- Outstanding durability
- Ultra lightweight
Why are ceramic dog bowls better?
Ceramic bowls are more expensive, but they are better for your dog. While plastic bowls are easier to clean and dishwasher-friendly, compared to ceramic, they are not safe.
Ceramic bowls are non-porous, which means they have a smoother surface. They do not harbor bacteria, are easily sanitized, and will not wear out as quickly as a plastic.
Thinking of which dog bowl to buy for your new dog? Well, the choice may seem like an easy task. But there are actually many differences between them, and there are varieties available. For instance, you can have stainless steel, ceramic, and plastic bowls. They can be large, small, and have a slow or rapid flow control. You have options to want special dog bowls that act as water filters. While even surfaces for bowls are available to you to suit the surface you want your dog to drink from.
Below, we provide the best picks for dog bowls based on all these factors. We also provide reviews of each of the picks so that you can choose accordingly.
|Loving Pets Bella Bowl||Best Overall|
|Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slo Bowl||Budget Pick|
|Neater Pet Brands||Upgrade Pick|