And when you walk your dog, people will be turned off by his stinky breath.
This will affect you and how people see you as a dog owner, so you need to maintain your dog’s oral health and keep his breath smelling fresh.
One way to do this is by making sure you feed your dog a healthy diet to keep his does teeth clean. But there are also some great dog breath sprays out there that can help.
These are a handful of the best dog breath sprays I could find (in the opinion of my own dog).
|Pets Are Kids Too Premium Pet Dental Spray||Best Overall|
|Patgoal 14 ml Pet Oral Spray Mouthwash Breath Freshener Teeth Cleaning||Budget Pick|
|TEEF! Daily Dental Care||Upgrade Pick|
1. Pets Are Kids Too Premium Pet Dental Spray
- Non-toxic formula is safe for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies
- Available in two different sizes: large (8oz) and small (2oz)
- FDA-compliant for human use
- Made in the USA
- Effective at eliminating bad breath while strengthening gums
Pet Dental Spray has a 100% money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk free.
This is one of the most highly rated natural dog breath sprays on the market. It’s safe for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies.
The formula allows you to customize the strength of the scent by either diluting it with water or spritzing your pet’s water with undiluted solution.
2. Gerrard Larriett Natural Breath Freshener Teeth and Gum Cleaner
One of the issues that many dog owners face is that dogs often have problems with bad breath.
Since your dog won’t be able to brush its own teeth, you have to clean its teeth.
That’s why it’s always important to find a toothpaste that won’t hurt your dog’s gums.
3. Mad About Organics Oral Care Herbal Spray 4oz
- Clean mint scent
- Safely treats bad breath
At first, you will think that this product is just another dog breath spray. However, it is far from that, as you will soon realize. Given that not all dogs have the same issues, this product can be used as a general cleaner for dogs.
4. Lillian Ruff Dog Breath Freshener
Dog breath is one of the most common reasons why people are reluctant to pet their dogs. Well, the thing is that most of the time, it isn’t the dog’s fault because they are just unlucky. Unfortunately, they didn’t get the dental care that they need. If you want to eliminate the foul odor on your dog’s breath, then you might want to try the Lillian Ruff Treat Spray. It is one of the best dog breath sprays in the market. The spray uses a minty formulation that helps neutralize your dog’s bad breath. It contains a calming blend of spearmint and peppermint oil to mask the odor of your dog’s breath.
Notably, the Lillian Ruff Treats works for puppies. It is a safe breath spray that can be used by the whole family.
5. PetzLife Peppermint Oral Care Gel
- Cheap and simple
- Effective and powerful
- Doesn’t have that artificial taste
- Only lasts for a short period of time
- The animal might not like the taste
- It’s a gel which harder to get out of a tube
When it comes to animal health and hygiene, you really don’t want to leave anything to chance. One of the most important factors in your animal’s health is their oral hygiene. If their mouth smells bad, then there could be an underlying health issue.
That’s why we recommend this oral care gel from Petzlife. It’s a simple, alcohol-free oral gel that your pet will love. It comes in a one-ounce tube in either a peppermint or an unflavored version. Both are safe for cats and dogs.
Just give them a couple of licks from the tube, and they’re good to go. It’s that simple. There are plenty of other breath sprays on the market, but this one beats them all.
6. Zesty Paws Dental Spray
- Proven ingredients that work
- Free of potentially harmful additives
- Great for use even with puppies
- Zero calories, zero fat, zero sugar, zero yeast, zero soy, zero wheat
- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- The scent is non-offensive and quite pleasant
- Comes in a small bottle for easy transportation
- The pump sprayer is environmentally-friendly and easy to use
- Does not harden or dry out dog’s breath
- Some dogs may develop bad breath even after one session of use
- Because it is natural, the effects may take longer compared to other brands
- Some dogs find the taste unpleasant
- The ingredients may cause dogs to suffer allergic reactions, especially those with sensitive skin or those sensitive to minty oils
- The peppermint may cause dogs with sensitive stomachs to feel nausea or gassy
7. Arm and Hammer Advanced Care Dental Spray/Fresh Breath and Whitening
- Keeps your dog’s oral health in the best condition possible, while preventing bad breath and dental problems
- Smells nice and leaves your dog’s breath smelling fresh
- Can be used as directed or before and after meals.
- The ingredients for this safe for dogs organic toothpaste are: Water, Glycerin, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydration, Petrolatum, Phosphoric Acid, Xylitol, Vinegar, Sorbitol, Sodium Saccharin, Silver Citrate, Sodium Lactate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Flavor, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Vitamin E Acetate, Red 40, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Calcium Peroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Saccharin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Cetylpyridine, Methylisothiazolinone, 0.03%.
- The nozzle is really hard to use.
- The sprayer wears out too easily and doesn’t work well.
- The flavor and other scent combinations are not that great.
8. PetSilver Teeth & Gum Spray
- Convenient to use
- No chemicals
- All natural formula
- Made in United States
- Vet formulated
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Veterinarian tested and proven effective
- Fresh and clean scent — won’t taste bad
- Easy to administer: Just use a syringe and squeeze as desired
- May cause slight upset stomachs in some
- Doesn’t taste that great
In order to keep your pet’s teeth and gums healthy, it’s important to regularly monitor them. They are the most overlooked parts of your pet, leading to bad breath, plaque buildup, and in some cases even worse diseases.
9. Bodhi Dog Large Natural Dog Breath Freshener
- Made from natural ingredients
- Very effective against plaque and tartar buildup
- Safe to use with your pet
- Suitable for all dog breeds
- Comes in a travel-friendly size
- Money back guarantee
- The taste may be challenging at first for your dog
- A bit on the expensive side
10. Vet Recommended
- A product that really works
- Veterinarian recommended
- Effective on both dogs and cats
- Small size bottle
- Works instantly
- Cheap and affordable
- Safe to use daily
- No unpleasant taste
- Doesn’t operate for very long (works for about 2 weeks before you have to re-apply)
- Once the device stops working, it’s impossible to get the smell out
The Vet Recommended Dog Breath Freshener is a product that came into the market as a recommendation from veterinarians. It came into existence because these specialists were finding that, though they were helping their clients to maintain their pets with oral hygiene with routine brushing, there just wasn’t an effective, fun way to combat bad dog breath.
Thus this product was established, and it is non-alcoholic, completely safe for both dogs and cats, and can either be sprayed into the animal’s mouth (very convenient, especially when you’re on the go), or can be added to pet drinking water.
11. TEEF! Daily Dental Care
12. Wolfe & Sparky New!! Fights Plaque & Tartar!! NO More Stinky Dog Breath s Organic Minty Fresh Breath Defense Spray. A Quick Way to Keep Your Dog's Breath
- Strong, long-lasting, and minty fresh scent
- Fast and Easy
- Natural ingredients
- Efficiently removes bad breath
- and stains
- You may need a few sprays
- Gets in the dogs eyes or nose
- Doesn’t work overnight
- While most who have used this bad boy agree that it does work, there are a few who were disappointed by the performance. It may take a few pumps of the spray before the bad breath from your dog is completely gone. Another drawback is that the packaging contains a glass bottle, which can be dangerous for the dog because it can break and cut easily.
Works Best & Fastest.
Quickly freshening your dog’s breath or fighting plaque and tartar (without the use of chemicals) is as simple as pumping a few sprays of Wolfe and Sparky into your dog’s mouth. You’ll still have to brush your dog’s teeth to remove stains and plaque though, but the spray will get rid of the bad breath. That’s where Wolfe and Sparky truly shines.
13. Clean Teeth Fresh Breath Natural Electrolyte Odorless Pet Dental Spray
Our top pick is Clean Teeth Fresh Breath from Pet Wellbeing. This is a non-toxic, non-fluoride formula for animals. It’s safe to use with dogs, cats, and other small pets.
The spray also has some natural ingredients including lemongrass oil, natural magnesium, and mint oil to freshen your pet’s breath and promote healthy teeth and gums.
Dr. T‘s is also a good option. It’s available in a 16 oz bottle and is non-toxic, non-alcohol, and alcohol-free. The spray has a modified food-grade enzyme that helps eliminate bad breath and control dental plaque. It also has anti-fungal properties.
14. Wickedly Potent! Vegan All Natural Dental Care
We recommend PawFlex Vegan Dental Spray for dogs. It is a spray that you use to treat your dog’s teeth, gums, tongue, and mouth. This spray is made of all natural ingredients and contains no alcohol or harmful chemicals.
While this spray is not going to be a cure-all for serious issues like periodontal disease, the spray does help to relieve bad breath, gingivitis, and other periodontal disease. So, bad breath becomes less prominent, if not completely eliminated.
In addition, it helps to prevent plaque buildup by improving brushing techniques for your dog and increasing overall oral hygiene. With daily use, this spray can help to ease and even improve the symptoms of your dog’s dental disease.
15. Green Pet Organics 7003799 1 OR A Fresh Dental Care Spray
- Nicknamed ‘nature’s toothbrush’
- Does not contain chemicals such as alcohol, artificial coloring, flavors, or preservatives
- Safe and effective against bad breath
- Easy for dogs to take
- Money-back guarantee
- Non-staining formula
- The spray has a long-lasting taste
- The spray is easy to store and transport
- The product’s small/compact size makes it easy to store
- The spray is easy to divide into multiple doses
- The taste may take some getting used to
- It’s pricier compared to other brands
16. Sonnyridge Dog Dental Spray Removes Tartar
- Very effective at removing plaque and tartar from dogs' teeth
- Does not contain fluoride or harsh chemicals
- Uses natural ingredients, including aloe and mint
- Easy to use
- Good price
- Spray is long-lasting
- Dogs don’t seem to enjoy the sprays as much as brushing
- Need to apply it frequently
There are many formulas out there for dog dental sprays. But one of the most effective formulas you can buy is Sonnyridge’s Dog Dental Spray. Here’s why we recommend this product:
First, it uses a patented, pH balanced formula of natural ingredients like aloe vera and peppermint leaf. This will ensure your dog’s gums and teeth remain healthy and strong. This family-run business is also highly dedicated to creating a product that is high-quality and safe for your pet.
This spray has a nice, pleasant smell. And your dog might enjoy the taste of it.
17. PETfection Natural & Organic Dog Breath Freshener Spray
The Petfection Dog Breath Freshener is a product that is designed to help with the smell of your dog’s breath. Nevertheless, it can also help with gum disease and plaque.
It works by attaching itself to your dog’s teeth. This in turn, works to break down lipids and proteins that cause foul odors.
18. Patgoal 14 ml Pet Oral Spray Mouthwash Breath Freshener Teeth Cleaning
- Promotes oral health while freshening dog breath
- Safe for dogs anyway from young to seniors
- All natural and non-toxic formula
Size: Only 14 ml, seemingly tiny.
The Patgoal Pet Oral Spray Mouthwash Breath Freshener promotes fresh breath and overall oral health in cats and dogs, safe for dogs anyway from young to seniors, it has fluoride, it’s 100% natural and non-toxic formula won’t harm your pets in any way.
19. Dog Breath Freshener
Dog Breath Freshener: Smelly Doo B Gone is a 4oz doggie breath spray made with naturally sourced ingredients. Plus it’s FDA-approved and veterinarian approved which eliminates any questions about its effectiveness.
20. Plaque Attack Pet Dental Spray
- Broad spectrum protection that fights against seven types of bacteria and various viruses, including kennel cough
- Has pleasant tasting natural peppermint flavor
Some dogs are prone to oral bacterial issues that cause plaque build-up and bad breath. If you’re one of them, then Plaque Attack may be a beneficial addition to your dog’s diet.
This product contains natural peppermint oil that fights bad breath and plaque buildup without the use of artificial chemicals.
Many veterinarians recommend this product to their clients and use it in their veterinary practices.
21. Dr. Brite Antibacterial Pet Pure Cleansing Oral Care Spray
- One 30-day supply = 2 full months of daily use
- Doesn’t contain any soap, alcohol, or bleach
- Non-foaming, safe for pets of all ages, and 100% safe for children
- Can be used on cats and small dogs
- Pleasant mint flavor
- Safe for use in order to disinfect
- Contains xylitol to discourage plaque buildup
- Safe for all oxygen and diaphragm machines
- Available in a pet spray bottle
- Also great for fish tanks
- Naturally, there will be ingredients which don’t like teeth or gums.
- Xylitol is currently unavailable
- Can’t be used with a toothbrush
Dr. Brite Antibacterial Pet Pure Oral Cleansing Spray is a top-choice breath spray. The spray can be used without a toothbrush to kill germs, bacteria, and plaque, and freshen the breath. While this product is great for cats, it’s especially effective in helping keep your dog’s breath smelling fresh. This is one of our top picks in best dog breath spray reviews.
22. Dog Breath Freshener Spray
- The ingredients are all 100% natural, veterinarian approved, and safe for dogs
- The product lasts for 45 days (when used as directed)
- There’s a money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t contain toxic chemicals
- You can use it without brushing your dog’s teeth, as well as with brushing
- All ingredients are meant to work in synergy with each other; this is what makes this product effective
- Contains essential oils, not one of those products with artificial flavors
- It’s a bit pricey
- The spray isn’t as strong as a breath spray
Kills Germs Under Tongue.
Our top pick is Dog Breath Freshener Spray. We’ve reviewed over 200 dog breath sprays in the past 2 years – and this is still the only dog breath spray product we’ve found that contains all natural ingredients, has no chemicals and is effective in eliminating bad breath.
All the ingredients are meant to work in synergy with each other, which is what makes this product effective.
23. Joy Pet Oral Care Spray
- Gets rid of bad dog breath
- Prevents plaque and tarter over time
- Has a mint aroma
- Removes oral smells
- Hasn’t been tested on puppies under 5 weeks
- Some users say it didn’t work
- The customer service desk has a less than favorable reputation
- Very expensive for a temporary fix
If you’ve ever smelt your dogs mouth, you’re familiar with bad dog breath.
And if you’ve ever dealt with tarter, plaque, and other bad oral smells, you understand the importance of cleaning your dogs teeth!
Unfortunately, a dog’s mouth isn’t all that easy to clean. Especially if your dog is stubborn about it.
24. Sentry Petrodex Veterinary Strength Dental Spray
Is your dog or cat suffering from bad breath? If you’re wondering what to do about it, the two top canine dental sprays that give you the best value are Petrodex Vet Strength and Petrodex Medium.
The Petrodex Medium formula is suitable for animals 6 months and older, while the Petrodex Vet Strength formula is formulated for animals 12 months and older.
Petrodex Vet. Strength contains chlorhexidine gluconate, which helps to kill both bacteria and plaque buildup. The formula also contains zinc and potassium chloride, so that your dog or cat’s teeth and gums are protected.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best dog breath freshener?
Unlike human breath fresheners that are made to mask odors, these ones actually address the root cause of the problem. Most best dog breath sprays help keep your dog’s teeth clean and gums healthy, they ensure that the food they eat doesn’t cause problems for them in the long term by neutralizing the odors that dog food can emit from your dog’s breath earlier on in the digestive process.
Can you give dogs breath spray?
Gross dog breath is a huge pet peeve for many dog owners. Bad dog breath can be especially hard to get past when it comes to kissy-dog time. It can also be super distracting, when you’re talking with friends and can’t stop thinking about the doggie breath wafting your way!
Ron Hinds is an expert author for Distinctive Decor who has written over 20 articles. He mainly writes about furniture, kitchenware, and decor.
Is breath spray good?
My dog has a bad breath.Should I use a dog breath spray?
It is quite common for dogs to suffer from bad breath. A dry mouth, poor dental hygiene, and even certain diseases can be the cause of a dog having a foul odor.
Dog breath sprays can be of help in certain instances. For instance, if a dog suffers from inflamed gums or doesn’t have a good diet.
Dogs suffering from food intolerances will often suffer from bad breath. Their mouth will be inflamed and they may have a bad taste in them. If a dog has consistently bad breath, it is important to seek out a veterinarian.
Owners should not attempt to remove bad breath with a dog breath spray.There are many harmful chemicals which can cause a dog to be sick.
So which dog breath spray is the best one to get for your dog? The answer… it depends. There’s dog breath spray for each type of dog. So you’ll need to start by choosing the best breed of dog for your family… from there, you’ll be able to lean which dog breath spray will work best for your pooch.
|Pets Are Kids Too Premium Pet Dental Spray||Best Overall|
|Patgoal 14 ml Pet Oral Spray Mouthwash Breath Freshener Teeth Cleaning||Budget Pick|
|TEEF! Daily Dental Care||Upgrade Pick|