Let's be honest; the trick-or-treating tradition can be a bit outdated and it's less fun when you leave the fun to the kids. So, why not turn Halloween into a treat for man's best friend?
Our family dog, Moxie, has become an official member of the family over the years, so we celebrate our favorite holiday with her. And besides, what's Halloween without some adorable dog costumes as part of the celebration? There are so many great options on the market that Halloween costumes for your pooch are becoming a big trend.
You can match your cute little pet with your costume and become Mr. & Mrs. Sugarplum, Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat, or the Grinch, or why not be your dog's BFF and be a puppy?
We did the hard work of hand-picking a few of our favorites and gathered the best dog Halloween costumes. Take a look below!
|Alfie Pet||Best Overall|
|RYPET Pet Halloween Costume||Budget Pick|
|Casual Canine Glow Bones Dog Skeleton Pet Costume||Upgrade Pick|
1. Alfie Pet
Costume, (XX-Large, Grey).
If you’re a firm believer that dogs should be dressed for every occasion, Halloween will be no different. If your mutt is a poser, Alfie has the best dog Halloween costumes for both small and medium size pups.
This particular costume comes in grey. And it’s designed for terriers and other dog breeds in the 35 to 40 lb. range. Each of these costumes is composed of three pieces: a jacket that goes around the back and over the shoulders, a vest that sits over the hips, and a mask. They’re made from comfortable and soft plush material that’s so easy to wear, your pup will barely know it’s there.
2. iChoue Animal Pet Costumes Dog Hoodie Warm Clothes
We had trouble finding a good deal for a medium dog but luckily the iChoue dog hoodie came up. But I would love to see some bigger sizes for our larger dogs. It also features some sizing and weight options you could look into if you think something may fit your pup.
The price is great for the quality of the product. We absolutely love it! Our dog is comfortable and looks so cute, and the material is good quality. You won’t regret this purchase.
An option that is very popular is the Pet Costume Pillow, simply because they are so darn cute! As we can see here, they make for a great way to place a pillow already in your home. This trick is great when you have a dog like ours who likes to try to steal your pillow at night!
3. Zoo Snoods Bull Dog Costume
- Most comfortable on the market
- Very elegant and stylish
- The material of the costume is heavy-duty and it also water-resistant
- Hood embellished with satin knot embroidery logo
- It is recommended for dog weights 35-70 pounds
- Also comes in camel, burgundy, chocolate, red, taupe, harlequin colors
- It is manufactured in the United States
- The neoprene is a little stiffer than you would think, but most guidelines say that it is comfortable on most dogs
- The neoprene is not the easiest to get on an off
- The size chart is inaccurate
- The costume is not machine washable
These are quality fur-lined (marshmallow) dog costume hoods for Halloween. The look is very cute. These are available in 5 sizes, ranging from X-small to x-large. Most sizes will fit the average size dog. The manufacturer recommends this for dogs that weigh up to 70 lbs. The sizes are all based on neck and ear perimeter. The product is very reasonably priced. This is a large hood that may fit your larger dog.
4. DC Comics Wonder Woman Pet Costume
Some pets really get into the holiday spirit, and one of the biggest holidays of the year is Halloween. There are tons of costumes for dogs to choose from, but it’s important to make sure that they’re comfortable, and that they fit your dog well …otherwise this could cause your dog to be more anxious and uncomfortable. If you’re looking for some adorable costumes for your dog, the best dog Halloween costume is definitely the DC Comics Wonder Woman Pet Costume.
Looking for a costume for your dog this Halloween? Look no further!
The DC Comics Wonder Woman Pet Costume is very popular and a top choice among Amazon consumers. It’s one of the best dog Halloween costumes; it comes in sizes from XXS to XS which should fit most dogs.
5. DC Comics Superman Shirt and Cape Pet Costume
DC Comics Superman Shirt and Cape Pet Costume comes with a simple Superman shirt and cape. Both can be detached easily for washing. It’s an affordable pet costume that is sure to bring smiles and laughs from everyone in the family.
It has a velcro closure meaning that the costume is easy to put on and take off. The black leggings and belt are made from polyester material and can be removed too. They are also both machine-washable.
The costume is made for all dogs, particularly small to medium dogs. It has three adjustable buttons at the belly and one at the neck, which makes it easy to fit most dogs.
6. NACOCO Pet Dog Costume Pirates of The Caribbean Style cat Costumes
For dogs that love to get a little rowdy, you can never go wrong with a polyester pirate costume. This costume takes cues from Jack Sparrow and is complete with a hat, coat, and silly belt. The coat is not waterproof, but the hat is and this coat will not hinder your dog’s movement. It also converts quite easily to a sleepwear, and some parents may like that feature.
The polyester is comfy and light, but it is not bug-proof. Although, no dog costumes are. It’s meant to be a fun accessory, not an alternative to bug protection. You might also want to take the size into consideration. This costume will fit a large range of breeds, but it’s probably not good for chihuahuas.
On the plus side, this costume is water resistant, so if your pup does happen to get a little wet you don’t have to worry about getting it cleaned right away. He can keep his immortality for the moment.
7. Zoo Snoods Fox Dog Costume
To keep your dog warm during the cooler months, you need a snood. This one features a mesh panel design to ensure that your dog’s body stays cool. Especially, on those days when it’s extra cold.
This fox snood features a striped design, that is reflective to ensure that both cars and people can easily see your dog. It’s made from eco-friendly material. In addition, it’s machine washable, making it easy to keep clean.
8. TOMSENN Dog Lion Mane
- Fits well on medium sized dogs
- Looks exactly like a lion mane
- Complementary to costumes that match this mane
- A fantastic tool in creating Halloween Dog costumes
- The mane is very easy to put on
- This hat doesn’t really work well
- You need to buy a whole costume to work the mane into
- Some dogs can be skeptical of the wig
The TOMSENN Dog Lion Mane is must have accessory for any dog looking to spice up their Halloween costume.
The following review was originally featured on Amazon in 2018:
Notes from the seller:
9. NACOCO Cowboy Rider Dog Costume
- Comfortable and durable fabric
- Lots of extras
- Quickly shipped
- Easy to put on and take off
- Some pet owners complain the leg holes are narrow
- Small sizing can be a problem
- Relief valve isn’t well-made
One of the most popular dog Halloween costumes is the cowboy costume. NACOCO Cowboy is one of the best cowboy costumes for dogs, complete with its own cowboy hat and cheap horse. It’s a well-made outfit, comes with a removable tail and comes in a variety of sizes to accommodate your dog.
10. California Costumes Pet Ups Pal Dog Costume Costume
11. RYPET Pet Halloween Costume
Our top dog Halloween costume pick is the dog Halloween bat wings costume from RYPET. This costume comes in two fun styles – bat and angel wings.
Bat wings for dogs are perfect for Halloween and the Halloween season. They come with two detachable wings that attach at the side of your dog’s back.
The wings come in two different sizes – medium (26”x20”) and large (28—x22”). Each size is designed for dogs in different weight ranges. Medium is for dogs under 15 lbs, while large is for dogs above 15 lbs. If you’re unsure of what size your dog is, you can use the guidelines below to help you choose the right size.
12. Impoosy Pet Dog Shirts Funny Cat Wizard Costume Cute Apparel Soft Clothes
These are just some of the benefits you’re going to get with the Impoosy dog costume, which comes with advanced features and some great benefits.
The Impoosy dog costume comes with a cape, wizard hat, and glasses. This makes it the ideal Harry Potter themed outfit for your dog. You’re going to love it.
Impoosy is a well-known name in the costume world, and for good reason: the quality here is top notch. The material is designed to be comfortable and durable.
13. Kuoser Dog Shirt Puppy Pet Small Dog Clothes
Hoodie, Cute Soft Reversible Winter Pet Jacket Dog Outfit.
The Kuoser’s dog shirt is certainly a unique take on the classic tuxedo as you can see from the image above. It is a rather simple dog shirt that boasts a bow tie and comes in a variety of sizes:
- XS: Fit for 5.5” CHEST/9.8 POUNDS
- S: Fit for 7.9” CHEST/13.7 POUNDS
- M: Fit for 10.2” CHEST/17.2 POUNDS
- L: Fit for 11.8” CHEST/21.5 POUNDS
- XL: Fit for 14.0” CHEST/28.1 POUNDS
- XXL: Fit for 15.7” CHEST/33.0 POUNDS
14. Koneseve Dog Shirt
- Because it’s breathable, it’s the perfect solution when it’s warm, or your dog gets hot easily – either indoors or outdoors
- Great material: the cotton material is soft and comfortable for your dog
- Surprisingly durable – the shirt can survive lots of pulling and tugging
- Very easy to put on and take off – the shirt has an elastic neckline, which can stretch to fit a wide range of dog sizes
- Affordable price
- Tons of sizes available: small, medium, large, and extra-large are all available
- Purchase includes a matching sweater
The Koneseve dog shirt is a great solution for dog owners who love to have their pooches dressed up. But, finding a pet shirt or sweater can be difficult. These garments seem to be of poor quality, too large, or too small. Plus, most dog shirts are not suitable for the warmer months.
Luckily, the Koneseve pet shirt is designed with a breathable mesh vent, which makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor wear.
15. Mikayoo Pet Dog Cat Halloween Costumes,The Cowboy Party Christmas Special Events Costume,West Cowboy Uniform Hat,Funny Pet Cowboy Outfit Clothing Dog cat
- The material is good and you can wash it easily
- The package is nice and you can use it to store the costume at the same time No matter what your pet is big or small, it will fit. The design is awesome. It’s definitely an eye catcher.
- You can adjust the neck and chest strings, so it’ll perfectly fit your pet. The length of the coat and pant is perfect.
- The quality is pretty good. We feel confident enough that it will hold up for a while. The price is excellent!
- It’s easy to match it with almost every theme, event or date. It’s a great accessory to have.
- The skirt makes the outfit even cuter.
- The fur is soft and fluffy in a perfect length.
- The price is the best part
- The costume smell is pretty potent and strong.
- It’s not machine washable and barely dryable. You need to be very careful in handling it.
- The pant is pretty tight – you need to loosen the strings to be comfortable. It’s not suitable for dogs with a belly.
16. Evursua Large Dog Tuxedo Wedding Party Suit,Dog Costumes
- Unique and interesting design
- Comes with a flash drive with an American theme music
- Sturdy material
- Has a comfortable fit
- An option to choose between two sizes
- Lifetime guarantee
- The pockets are not very patent
- The hat is on the smaller size
If you are looking for a unique and cheerful Halloween costume, then the Evursua costume could be a great option. It features the traditional American gentleman look of a suit, coupled with beige and black laces. The dark pants create a dark contrast against the white top. Additionally, the hat is also a contrast against the dark hair. Your dog will definitely look like a well-dressed gentleman in the Evursua tux dog costume.
This costume is available in XX-Large and XXX-Large sizes. The reason why we like this costume (and pet costume in general) is because they feel like a natural continuation of the human costume. We really appreciate how the costume is designed according to the fabric wrapping around the torso and going in between the legs. This is important for dogs that have weirdly shaped or short torsos.
This costume will fit most dogs that come in the sizes of XX-Large and XXX-Large. If your dog is much taller than average, then you may have problems with the legs fitting into the costume.
17. Mogoko Funny Dog Cat Shark Costumes
For Dogs Kitten Cats(S/M,Black).
The Mogoko sharks costume is an animal animal costume that your dog can wear during the Halloween, Christmas and other festival celebrations. It’s a comfortable, warm and absorbent shark costume, which will look great on your dog.
Though, the costume is quite roomy and will have to be tailored with a needle and thread. The nose is a little smaller than some would like, and the color will fade after multiple washes.
18. Rubie's Costume Co Business Suit Pet Costume
Halloween is one of the most fun holidays of the year, and it’s one of the most exciting times for pet owners. What better way to celebrate than to dress up your pup in an awesome costume? Regardless of what you and your pet do for Halloween, the one thing that should never be missing your pup’s costume is the Rubie’s costume co Business Suit Pet Costume.
This deluxe business suit is just perfect for your business-graduating pup. The four piece costume includes: a pair of pants, a jacket with attached shirt, and a hat. The suit comes in sizes ranging from small to extra large – making this costume suitable for almost any breed.
The costume is designed to be comfortable, so you won’t have to worry about having your pet wear it for a long time.
19. Pandaloon Panda Puppy Dog and Pet Costume Set
- Comes in four unique sizes – x-small, small, medium, or large
- Includes soft parts and stuffing, as well as a comfortable walking harness
- Made with high-quality materials, and its durable design ensures long-term use
- The bamboo fiber is hypoallergenic and eco-friendly
- It’s designed with comfy stuffing so your dog can wear it comfortably
- More than 12,000 well-made reviews with an overall rating of 4.7 stars
- Affordable without compromising on quality
- The size chart is fairly accurate, and the set fits bigger breeds
Legs, Head, & Tail (X-Large).
There are many dog Halloween costumes available on the market today, but most of them tend to compromise on quality and are frustrating to put on and take off. However, the Pandaloon Panda Puppy Dog and Pet Costume Set is a set that actually delivers what it promises and more. It’s designed with a walking harness, so taking your canine for a stroll will be a breeze.
20. FLAdorepet Funny Halloween Big Large Dog Dinosaur Costume Jacket Coat Warm Fleece Winter Golden Retriever Pitbull Dog Clothes Hoodie
- Everything looked good, arrived in just 2 weeks, no any complaint about the quality.
- It fits perfectly to my 11.5 pound golden retriever and it covers his whole body, the green part is about 2 inches below his belly.
- It is very warm, which works well with cold weather.
- It’s going to be awesome for Halloween, next Easter egg hunts, etc.
- ONce you put a leash on it, that’s it, your dog is no longer yours.
- You need to order the XXL, b/c the other sizes are extremely small.
- The customer service is a plus, very good at responding.
21. California Costumes Pet Spider Pup Dog Costume Costume
This black spider costume is extremely easy to put on and take off but runs somewhat small.Our top pick is the California Costumes Pet Spider Pup Dog Costume for Halloween. This dog outfit includes a soft and comfortable one piece jump suit with attached mesh hood with plastic eyes on top. There are Velcro closures at the neck, chest and back for easy on and off. Included are: a vest with attached legs, and eye mask and matching booties. The shoe covers are lined with a soft fleece.
22. Bumble Bee Pet Costume
The Bumble Bee pet costume from Amazon will truly have your dog fluttering around for some treats this Halloween.
This costume comes with two sizes – small/medium and medium/large. There’s also a bee and a butterfly option, giving you the freedom to choose which design you like most.
23. Casual Canine Lobster Paws Dog Costume
- Their excellent customer service
- There’s no hassle in returning or changing the size after purchasing it
- They ship pretty fast
- The material is pretty easy-to-clean
- They don’t rip
- It’s not abrasive
- It’s affordable
- Good fit
- Usually takes a while to arrive after the estimated time because of the great quality
- Long-haired dogs might find this a bit abrasive
- The sizing isn’t easily adjustable
This lobster shirt costume is made for medium to large-sized dogs. It’s pretty easy to put on and take off. You’ll need the assistance of your dog to thread his legs through the costume. It is specially designed with lobster claws and legs which means that your dog will look as if it’s wearing a lobster costume. The material is very soft and smooth. Your dog will feel comfortable while they wear the costume. The costume is made with good-quality material that can last for a long time.
24. Casual Canine Glow Bones Dog Skeleton Pet Costume
If you’re looking for a good dog costume for Halloween, this dog skeleton pet costume from Casual Canine should definitely be considered.
This costume has a creepy and realistic dog skeleton print, complete with an animal skull, bones, and a hanging skeleton bone.
The costume comes in sizes small, medium, large, and X-large to accommodate different breeds of dogs.
25. Gimilife Pet Costume
Azy Suits Resemble Santa Claus,Santa Reindeer.
If you’re looking for a comfortable dog costume, then the Gimlife Pet Costume is the one for you. It’s basically a hooded coat, great for both walking and chill time.
What’s also great about this coat is that the hood comes off the coat easily. So that you won’t have to worry about pulling or struggling with it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the most popular Halloween costume for dogs?
The most popular type of Halloween costume is the witch. It is expected to be the most popular Halloween costume for dogs in 2021.
What should I dress my dog up as for Halloween?
This is a very good question that will take some time and consideration to answer! Consider a category like •food’. There is pizza, ice cream, candy, spaghetti, chocolate, cake and a cute little doughnut! Ha!
What is the scariest Halloween costumes ever?
Scary clown costumes: most of them does have some small bright details like the hair, clothing and the makeup's color are pretty sharp, but the appearance of the clown is still kind of sweet, that's the feature are not so cruel, and that's the reason why some little kids would nearly disappear if they see someone wearing scary kid costumes like this.
Scary movie characters costume: a lot of them are the popular movie characters like Shurron Wills (A Nightmare on Elm Street), Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street), Eddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street), Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th), Michael Myers (Halloween), Ghostface (scream), and another popular teen slasher characters are Psycho, and you've got a great variety of Halloween costumes.
What are the top 10 Halloween costumes?
How do I choose Halloween Costume?
Halloween costumes for dogs start with the name and breed of your dog. For instance, if you have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, a Scottish Terrier, or an Ocicat, you may want to go with something that matches or complements the design of the dog’s fur. So if your dog has a black coat with a white underside or a white coat with red splotches, you may want to go with a skeleton costume.
|Alfie Pet||Best Overall|
|RYPET Pet Halloween Costume||Budget Pick|
|Casual Canine Glow Bones Dog Skeleton Pet Costume||Upgrade Pick|