When it comes to protecting your pet and watching them when you’re not home, your main options are barking and motion sensors. Barking sensors are great for people who are in a house or have a large property and can hear a dog barking from a good distance away.
But what if you live in an apartment in the city or have a smaller dog who doesn’t bark a lot? You might not be able to hear these low-level sounds while you’re at work or at school.
In this case, a camera is better. The good news is, there are many great dog monitor cameras that you can take with you wherever you go. Then, you can watch your pup and see what they’re up to even when you’re not at home.
|Google Nest Cam Indoor Wired Home Security Camera 24/7 live video||Best Overall|
|Snug Baby Monitor||Budget Pick|
|Furbo Dog Camera: Treat Tossing||Upgrade Pick|
1. Google Nest Cam Indoor Wired Home Security Camera 24/7 live video
- Great value – one of the cheapest indoor cameras with HD and 2-way audio
- Very reliable – highly rated by users
- Easy to set up and configure. We tested the setup in minutes
- Highest video quality in comparison to other cameras in the same price range
- Excellent motion detection and analyzation
- The app response is at times slow and quality is an issue when viewing videos
- Reports of the product getting stuck seem to appear regularly
- The Nest App doesn’t automatically store videos
- Complaints about the company’s customer service have been noticed
Tiny but powerful, the Nest Cam Indoor is a great addition to Wi-Fi networks. The 1080p Full HD video and audio quality is impressive considering the device’s compact size. It’s easy to set up and automatically provides alerts if movement is detected in your home or business.
Installation is easy due the fact that it comes with a stand and is magnetic so can be mounted onto any metallic surface. You can easily control it from your smart phone or tablet.
It’s also one of the cheapest indoor cameras with HD and 2-way audio.
2. Furbo Dog Camera: Treat Tossing
- Full HD
- HD sound
- Night vision
- Keeps your dog safe
- Sleep mode to save battery
- Alexa compatible, order dog treats, check on your dog, or say “good dog” with a voice command without a smartphone.
- You are notified when your dog barks or, more importantly, when there is someone at the door.
- You can control the treat cam with a smartphone to play with your dog or toss him reinforcement.
- In case your dog has separation anxiety or is highly active when you are away, it can be a relief to be able to check in on your pup.
- Can only be used for one dog.
- Some reviews say it’s hard to set up.
What do we like? If your pup is not perfectly behaved it’s great to able to see what he’s up to and reassure him that “everything’s fine.” If you fear your dog is left totally alone while you are gone, you can have peace of mind thanks to this camera.
Do you know anybody with an anxious dog? Then get them one of these cameras.
3. TENVIS Security Camera
- Intelligent sensors can detect motion, light, and sound; which triggers an instant alert on your phone or tablet (the app supported on both Apple and Android)
- The camera will send you live video as well as take snapshots of activity during a recording. Plus, you have the option to turn off the recording notification
- The Goodnight LED indicator can be set to turn on when the camera detects motion at night
- The camera also becomes invisible when the recorder feature is off
- The two-way audio capability lets you hear your dog bark and talk to him/her
- The microSD slot let you save your recordings
- This camera offers HD quality video
- The app allows you to monitor your camera from anywhere
- The motion sensor can be set to detect small, medium, or large movements. This is especially useful if you’re trying to keep an eye on a very small area
- Since the camera is Wi-Fi, you can not only monitor your home from anywhere, but you can also connect several cameras for greater coverage
4. Whistle GO & GO Explore
- Very affordable
- Great for tracking your pet
- Allows you to track your pet’s location
- Features medical alert
- Track your dog’s activity status
This is a great budget tracker that’s both a fitness tracker and a GPS tracker for dogs. You can use this with dogs above 28 lbs. The batteries last for up to a week on a single charge. The GPS works for up to 7 days.
The manufacturer claims that the battery would last for 14 days. But that clearly depends on how you use it. If you regularly use it for GPS tracking, then it’ll probably last for 7 days.
The battery life is not the only good thing about this product. It also offers great features when tracking your pet. For example, you can monitor your pet’s temperature after that walk outside in the snow. It also allows you to set up a virtual fence with warning alerts and also set up your pet’s safe zone. You’re also allowed to see your pet’s location on a map if you ever lose sight of them.
- Not bulky, it is simply a camera with a mount
- The camera is constructed to withstand heavy usage
- Easy set up
- Very stable picture and video quality
- The microphone works really well
- You can tell exactly how your pet is doing
- This camera has two way audio
- The app is also very easy to use
- The cost is not bad
- You must have strong wifi connection
- Some pet trackers are bulkier than this one
- All mobile devices are compatible
- Without a good internet connection, you cannot use this product
The Petcube Play Smart Pet Monitor is a very good product to use if you want to take care of your pet (especially the small ones). This product allows you to monitor your pet on your smartphone. If you buy this, you are getting the Petcube Play smart camera and the companion app.
6. PetChatz HD: two-way premium audio/HD video pet treat camera
- The PetChatz camera with DogTv provides your dog a way to have a similar experience to watching a church service on tv. The PetChatz HD app features 24 HD channels, a variety of shows, and enable you to include calm and relaxing features.
- Motions and sounds triggers the camera to start recording. This helps you keep track of those precious moments without having to remember to do so. And you can tell your dog to sit pretty on demand and have a treat waiting for him when he’s done!
- Aromatherapy allows you to offer your dog a calming environment where the noise of pulling on the leash doesn’t affect him.
- Receive notifications when a new friend or guest arrives and can talk to your dog from anywhere.
- Take advantage