No matter how loyal or cute your mutt is, you cannot deny that having your pet’s nails trimmed professionally at the vet is a pain, both for you and your pup.
And, for most pet owners, cutting your dog’s nails at home is also a hassle.
Some pet owners are worried about cutting too low and cutting the quick and others don’t have the arm strength or proper technique to cut everything the right way.
That’s why dog nail grinders are such a blessing. These nail grinding tools take the guesswork out of nail cutting and make life much easier for you and your dog, although they do take a little bit of learning to master.
|Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Upgraded||Best Overall|
|2 Speed Pet Nail Grinder Electric Nail Filer||Budget Pick|
|Bark & Boop Dog Nail Grinder||Upgrade Pick|
1. Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Upgraded
- A powerful but quiet motor for fast grinding
- Two different speeds for different sized pets
- Comes with cat claw trimming accessories
- Battery is rechargeable and it comes with a plug adapter for use in the UK
- Easy-to-load grinding head
- Rubber feet for a firm grip, limited movement, and vibration control
- High-quality stainless steel grinding head
- Comes with 4 AA Ni-MH batteries and a pet nail cleaning file
- 3-year warranty
- A little noisy
- Cords can get in the way sometimes
- The battery life could be better
- It’s not very cheap
If you’re looking for a high-quality dog nail grinder without having to break the bank, the new Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder could be the one for you. It comes with many of the features you’d expect in a premium model, but without the premium price.
This dog nail grinder is powerful and efficient, providing fast and smooth cat grooming.
It also features a two-speed design, allowing you to choose between 1,500 and 3000 RPMs. This is great because depending on the size of your dog, you can choose the right speed for them.
2. ConairPRO Dog & Cat Professional Corded Nail Grinder
- Adjustable speed, coming in at 3200 RPM to lessen pain
- Safe for both cats and dogs
- Comes with one year warranty
- Three grinding heads
- Stylish power switch
- Simply grasps dog nails and grinds within seconds
- Can also be used for dogs nails and cats claws
- Ergonomic design
- Customers complain that the grinding heads wear down.
- Inferior quality of grinding heads.
- Doesn’t come with a lifetime warranty.
- Grinding sound scares some dogs.
- Moisten dog’s nails before using.
The ConairPRO Dog & Cat nail grinder is probably the most effective dog and cat nail tool you could currently get. With a powerful yet smooth 3,200 RPM grinding motor, it’s powerful enough to trim both dogs‘ and cats‘ nails painlessly and effortlessly.
3. Andis EasyClip 2-Speed Animal Nail Grinder
- Extremely fast and effective
- Comes with a safety guard for protection
- Has 2 speeds
- Adjustable and can be used on small dogs and large dogs
- A great time saver
- Easily grinds through your pet’s nail within seconds
- Very quiet compared to some of the other nail grinders out there
- Not a long-term solution, and not recommended for dogs that don’t like nail cutting or trimming
- Not very powerful for large dogs
- Not recommended for dogs with thick nails
So, what are the best dog nail grinders on the market? We’ve compiled a list of the absolute best dogs nail grinders currently available on the market, based on review and sales ratings. If you’re in a hurry, here are our recommendations:
4. AIBORS Dog Nail Clippers
Pet Grooming Tools – Best Professional Nail Clippers Nail Trimmers for Dogs Cats and Poultry, Black & Pink.
According to reviews, the grinders from AIBORS are some of the best dog nail grinder, especially if you have large or medium-sized breeds. Their strong structure is made of high-quality ABS and Rock. It’s also pretty comfortable and easy to maneuver because of the ergonomic design.
These grinders come in a variety of styles and colors. For small to medium sized dogs, you can choose between black and pink grinders. For large domestic animals, you’ll find a large and medium size grinder.
5. INVENHO Pet Nail Grinder Electric Paw Trimmer Clipper Small Medium Large Dogs Cats Small Animals Portable & Rechargeable Gentle Painless Paws Grooming Trimming Shaping Smoothing
- One of the best choices for dogs of all sizes
- Lightweight and compact for easy and convenient handling
- Very quiet
- Affordable pricing
- Easy operation without complicated instructions
- The battery runs down quite quickly
- Doesn’t work well on large-sized dogs
- The grinder is made of very soft materials, which makes it easier to break during use; compared to other grinders
- The grinder is not very stable; which causes it to tip over as you work on your dog’s nail
Invenho's Pet Nail Grinder is a pet nail grinder that's suitable for both large and small dogs.
One of the best things about this grinder is how easy it is to use. All you need to do is to fasten the claw of your dog onto the grinder, and you’re free to work it however you like.
6. Hertzko Electric Dog Nail Grinder Gentle
- · It's battery powered so you DON'T get yanked around or pulled if your arms are full
- ·You get a 3 year warranty so if it breaks
- or you don't like it
- send it back for your money back
- · There's no expensive replacement parts
- Just a new universal hard plastic grit roller
- · It's extremely quiet to use
- · It's easier to clean and service than most other grinders
- · It holds enough of a charge to last if you need to go out all day
- ·You can take it anywhere
- · It doesn't hold enough charge for long enough to de-claw a large dog
- It's about the size
- and holds the charge of a hand held electric nail grinder
- It's more fragile than a hand held though
- So you have to be careful to keep it away from children and dogs.
7. Furminator Nail Grinder
- The long battery life
- The nice case that comes with it
- The comfortable handle
- The super quiet motor
- The replacement grinder is pretty cheap
- The powerful motor
- The non-slip ergonomic handle
- The quiet overall operation
- The quick grinding
- The fact that it gets the job done fast
Furminator is a popular product that has been rated pretty highly on amazon over the years. It’s a well-rated, fast, quiet, and fur-friendly electric nail grinder that can be used with all kinds of dogs whether short-haired, long-haired, light, or heavy. The brand is pretty famous so there’s no worry about replacements and how your mowers will fare long-term.
8. Dog Nail Grinder Dog Nail Trimmer Dog Nail File Portable Grooming Tool Electric Pet Nail Trimmers Clippers USB Rechargeable
Nail Clipper, Black.
Dog nail grinders are used to grind down a dog’s toenails or claws. They work like a file, and are used to tidy up your dog’s nails by grinding them down to a less irritating size.
The Dog Nail Grinding tools come in many different shapes and sizes, and there are a few different options, but this one is our top pick for a few reasons. This dog nail grinding tool has a two hardened steel grinding wheels that run at an adjustable speed of 3000rpm to keep your dog’s nails at a comfortable level.
9. Oster Gentle Paws Less Stress Dog and Cat Nail Grinder
Made from a strong plastic, the Oster dog nail grinders are a great choice for dogs with thick, hard nails that are difficult to trim. There are two cutting speeds, so you can push the snippers gently or firmly to cut through your dog’s nails. A nice feature is that the dog nail grinder comes with an adapter so you can plug the pet nail grinder into any outlet.
The Softer Side blades are double sided and pulled into position with a convenient rosette. The Oster dog nail grinder also has a safety switch which is a nice touch. The grinding options include low and high.
There is a learning curve to using the Oster Pet Nail Grinder correctly. The best way to get the best out of this dog nail grinder is to introduce it when the dog nail or claw is dry. After a few uses, your dog will get used to it and it will become a routine.
10. URPOWER Rechargeable Pet Nail Grinder Upgraded USB Charging Nail Trimmer Clipper Gentle Paws
If you’re looking for the best dog nail grinders, then the URPOWER Rechargeable Pet Nail Grinder is the one for you. With over 2,600 reviews, it’s amongst the highest-rated product on Amazon in its category.
Unlike other nail grinders, the URPOWER grinder comes with 2 modes – one for grinding and one for clipping.
There is also an LED light that indicates the working mode and battery status. It comes with a cord and a USB charging cable so you can charge it both with USB and an AC adapter.
- The durable and robust construction makes this puppy nail grinder durable and can be used for years to come
- The two speed options offer a choice between a slower or faster speed when the dog nails are groomed
- The volume is incredibly low, so you won’t have to worry about waking any sleeping children/partners/housemates up
- The safety guard will ensure that there’s no over-trimming of the dog nails, and will protect against over-biting
- Portable and can be carried around
12. oneisall Dog Nail Grinder
- A safe electric nail grinder
- The blade is self-sharpening and the grinding discs are made of sturdy, light weight metal
- The dog nail grinder is powerful enough to grind through tough nails, yet safe enough for small dogs and sensitive paws
- This nail grinder comes with a safety guard to limit the depth and size of the grind
- This nail grinder has removable grinding disks and motor head for easy cleaning
- This dog nail grinder is louder than some of the other models on the market
- This dog nail grinder does not come with replacement grinding discs
- This dog nail grinder does not come with a nail tray so you need to buy one separately
Rabbits Rabbits, Parrots, Birds(Batteries Included).
File your dog's nails before using this dog nail grinder. The dog nail grinder will not work without filing the nail.
This dog nail grinder is suitable for small, medium dogs and cats.
13. Bark & Boop Dog Nail Grinder
Bark & Boop nail grinder is your number one choice for grinder. This nail grinder from Bark & Boop is 100% safe and painless. Its grinder comes with an ergonomic comfortable grip handle, which makes grooming easy, a precision crafted, multi-fuctional electric grinder that features blades made from rust resistant titanium alloy and Coarse Grinding Attachment is included. This grinder from Bark & Boop gets the job done quickly. See your pet enjoying the outdoors after a nail trim through its quick and quiet operation.
Bark & Boop dog nail grinder makes getting your pet more comfortable on the pavement. When your dog's nails are longer, even the most well trained and behaved dog will have trouble walking and doing daily activities and this can hurt his health. A quick and easy nail trim will make your dog more comfortable on the pavement.
In Addition, it also reduces the risk of your dog being uncomfortable in any situation. Keep your dog happy and healthy!
14. 2 Speed Pet Nail Grinder Electric Nail Filer
- 2 speed settings for all sizes of pets
- This nail clipper/grinder is completely safe and humane
- Virtually silent when in use
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Includes lime and orange scented oil to help keep your dogs nails nice and healthy
- For safety, the clippers must be plugged in for operation
- Covered by a 90-day money back guarantee
- Only suitable for dogs that don’t snap or bite
- Not for cats
- The oil isn’t included
- It’s going to take a few passes with the grinder to get your dog’s nails short enough
Nothing will mess up your dog’s feet like long nails will. They can cause your dog pain, they can make your dog trip and fall, they can tear up your house, your car … the can even cause your dog to get hurt. That’s why, as a dog owner, you need to keep your dog’s nails trimmed.
15. MorePets Dog Nail Grinder Electric Pet Nail Grinder Cordless Rechargeable Battery Operated Grooming Tool
- Provides a pain-free nail trimming experience
- Battery operated – so never needs new cords/cables
- Grass your dog’s nails anywhere, anytime
- Compact – great for travel and everyday use
- Works well for both large and small dogs
- Low noise – won’t concern pets
- Affordable price
- Also works on cats
- Grinding nails can take quite a while
- The cordless rechargeable batteries only work for a limited amount of time
- The sound could be a little more quieter
The MorePets nail grinder is your trusted commercial-quality pet nail grinder. It’s the most powerful dog nail grinder available in the market today.
As the proud owners of the MorePets pet nail grinder, we’re proud of it. With the ability to grind up to 7-10 nails in one single charge, it’s truly a life saver. It works a treat on both small and large dogs, and could even be used to grind nails on cats.
16. INTCROWN Dog Nail Grinder
- Great for both young and old pets
- Extremely convenient for both pet and owner
- Imparts less stress on the pet
- Can be used on a variety of pets
- Can work on a single paw
- Very quiet
LED Light, AC/DC 220V-240V, 60Hz US Plug (Blue).
Our top rated dog nail grinder is the Incrrown Pet Nail Grinder. It has two speeds, high and low, for different types of nails. It also allows you to gently buff your pet’s nails. It is leaps and bounds better than the typical alternatives for dog nail grinders, which are typically clippers and dog nail grinders. Dog nail grinders give a smooth and clean finish to your pets nails, that is not normally seen with dog nail grinders.
It also has an LED which allows you to have a better view when grinder your pet’s nails, making the experience for the both more enjoyable. It also provides a longer battery life, giving you a more pleasant experience with your pet nail grinder.
17. Makartt Dog Nail Drill Nail Grinder Manicure Set Pet Grooming Tool
- Much lower in price than other brands
- Can be used on small to large dogs
- Multiple speed settings
- Comes with 2 rechargeable batteries
- Can be used for other animals
- Has a safety cap
- Loud when running
- Can’t buy it in local stores
With 2 Rechargeable Batteries:
The Makartt Rechargeable dog nail grinder is a great option for trimming nails for smaller to larger dogs. The general cost for dog nail grinders is somewhat lofty, but this brand is considerably lower in price. However, some users found that this made the quality sub-par. No big-deal when you consider that you can use it for other animals as well. The Makartt comes with two batteries and a rechargeable stand.
This nail grinder is easy to use and even if you’ve never used one before, you won’t struggle to figure it out. A truly versatile device, it can be used on cats and other similar animals.
18. Euway Dog Nail Grinder Cat Claw Clippers Pet Paw Trimmer Electric Gentle Rabbit Bird Toe Grooming Tool
Euway Dog Nail Grinder is designed for dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and other small pets.
Note: Do not use this Nail Grinder for big dogs.
19. Pet Nail Grinder Upgraded
- Nail grinder are easier than a manual trimmer. Unlike a manual trimmer, you won’t have to bend down and risk injuring your back to clip your dog’s nails.
- Grinders can be either cordless or rechargeable.
In a time when most people are switching towards old fashioned manual grooming, dog nail grinders are making a comeback. In this review, we talk about the pros and cons of dog nail grinders to help you decide if this is the right grooming tool for you.
If your dog has strong, hard nails, it’s best to opt for a dog nail grinder as opposed to a manual trimmer. Dog nail grinders leave a more natural nail shape rather than a squared off shape, which is what you get when you use a manual trimmer. Some pet owners may be concerned about sound when it comes to using a dog nail grinder.
However, technology has improved dramatically in recent years and the effective use of noise reduction in most dog nail grinders.
20. BARISC Dog Nail Grinder Electric Pet Nail Grinder Trimmers Paws Clipper Nail Grooming Tools
If you don’t want to spend much for nail grinding machine and are on a budget, we recommend the BARISC Dog Nail Grinder. It’s a solid machine that’s dependable.
This dog nail grinding machine features a safe and durable design. It comes in either gray or pink. It’s also very easy to use, as the instructions are pretty basic. It’s definitely a perfect choice for beginners.
21. WWVVPET Pet Nail Grinder,8 Hours Using & 2 Speed Dog Nail Clipper,Electric Nail Trimmer
- Simple 2-button operation for easy use
- 3 AA batteries can be charged over 1000 times
- Quieter than other grinders in the same price range
- Anti-slip rubber at the base of the grinder to prevent accidental slip off
- Makes more noise than some other grinders
- Not suitable for trimming only a little nail off, it doesn’t leave any side to side nail.
This is a fantastic nail grinder for dogs, cats, and birds. It features a two-speed powerful motor that rotates 360 degrees.
It’s a well-made tool, and all the parts are replaceable. It’s very sturdy, but it’s still easy to carry around as it only weighs 28 oz. And the handle is designed to it fits the human hand perfectly, even if your hand is narrow or wide.
There is also a one-minute automatic shutdown timer, which can be very handy in case you get distracted. The safety pin makes sure that the grinder doesn’t start up accidentally and hurt your dog.
22. Chof Dog Nail Grinder
- Contains all the essentials: power adapter, charging stand, nail guard, 2 AA batteries, 2 nail grinders, cleaning brush, and a pair of nail scissors
- The ergonomic shape allows for greater control and precision
- The replaceable cutting discs are great for dogs with thick nails
- Comes with a tool to scrape off the debris and dust from the grinding discs
- The grinding sound is not loud and easily masked
- It’s very easy to use – just place the nail in the grinder and turn the lever
- Rubber guard is very soft and won’t cause your dog pain
- It’s incredibly lightweight and is a great size you to be able to carry it around
- A nail grinding session can take as little as 5 minutes
- The batteries work for over a week on a single charge
Cordless Nail Grinder with 2 Safety Tips, Safety Lock, 2AA Batteries, US Power Adapter and Car Charger.
23. AK KYC Dog Nail Grinder Dog Nail Clippers Trimmer Pet Nail Grinder
The AK KYC is one of those products that really gets the job done. It’s perfect for dogs, cats, and even birds.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST PET NAIL GRINDER?
It’s simple: This is the best pet nail grinder because it gets the job done effortlessly and with zero pain for your pup. You (and your dog) will rarely run into any problems using it.
24. PETFF Pedipaws Dog Cat Nail Grinder
Great for Dogs and Cats of All Ages.
The PETFF Pedipaws is one of the cheaper dog nail grinders on the market. And although its affordable, it’s still an excellent product.
This grinder is wonderful for pet owners that don’t have a lot of space to devote to grooming tools. It’s compact in size and comes with an easily-cleaned guard, making it a breeze to maintain.
25. Pet Nail Clipper,Mini Electric Pet Nail Clippers Automatic Pet Grinder Dogs Cats Paw Trimmer Cut Grooming
- Ideal for dogs, cats and small animals
- Great for routine nail trimming and filing
- Automatic Power Off
- Dual voltage
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which dog nail grinder is the best?
There are quite a few considerations to make when deciding which dog nail grinder is the best. We deducted points from the nail grinders that didn’t have an auto-off feature, for example, as we thought this could be quite dangerous to a small child if he or she were to try and hold the tool to the pet.
Some of the grinders we chose have very different features and may suit different owners and pets’ needs. Generally, you should choose the person with the most experience in handling an electric nail grinder.
Are dog nail grinders better than Clippers?
Yes, over a period of time they are. Clippers can be too fast and rough on your dogs nails. Clippers often make your dog flinch when you are trying to file the nails. The result is usually a quick and amateur job that can put stress on your dog’s cuticles.
Grinders are a much more controlled method of filing dog nails. They do the job slowly but surely without making your dog feel the pain of filing.
The skill required to operate an electronic nail grinder is minimal. You simply press a button and move the grinder along the nail. If your dog flinches, you will definitely know.
Are dog nail grinders good?
Dog nail grinders are used to grind nails down and control the length of them. There are two ways that dogs can cut nails: scratching or grinding. When we give our dogs walkies, we assign them to a certain place, and they scratch off all the loose hair, dirt, and whatnot that was attached to their nails.
This means that…if a dog’s nails get too long, they scratch the floor unrealistically and split the nail. This can be very painful for the dog, so we give our dogs regular walks to get rid of all the old nail on a regular basis.
If you are going to cut a dog's nail regularly, the nail has to be kept at a certain length. If it grows too long, you will have a big problem. Some dogs get so upset from having their nails cut, that they can seriously hurt their handlers.
Is Paw perfect any good?
I've been using the Pedi perfect for a couple weeks now, and it pretty much lives up to the hype. Our older pit mix has delicate nails that never seem to harden like ours, and it also took forever to get through each nail with normal nail clippers. The Pedi Perfect works a lot faster, and it doesn't seem to hurt him much (he doesn't exactly enjoy it, but doesn't seem to hate it either, he's usually fine after a minute or two). The only real downside is that it doesn't have a light or anything to help you tell how dark the nail is.
Dogs with nails that are too long can be uncomfortable for them to walk or move around. Nails that are too long also have a higher chance of snagging on the carpet and ripping it or on the floorboards and give way beneath the weight of your dog. The worst nails can cause discomfort or pain to your dog as they rub against the floor or the furniture or even on their paws. To avoid all of these scenarios, the best way to handle this is to keep your dog’s nails short and safe.
|Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Upgraded||Best Overall|
|2 Speed Pet Nail Grinder Electric Nail Filer||Budget Pick|
|Bark & Boop Dog Nail Grinder||Upgrade Pick|