As a dog owner it can be difficult to choose the right pillow to give your best friend.
There is no point in buying a pillow that is uncomfortable for your dog or unable to support the weight of your dog’s head and neck.
But there is also no point in spending ridiculous amounts of money on a fancy bed, or pillow, either.
You need a lightweight, affordable, and practical pillow to give your best friend a comfortable night’s sleep.
We have carefully researched the marketplace for the best dog pillows, and here are our findings.
|Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds||Best Overall|
|Dog Bed w/Removable Dog Bed Cover Featuring Teflon Fabric Protector||Budget Pick|
|Majestic Pet Fern Villa Collection Dog Bed||Upgrade Pick|
1. Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds
- Two modes to choose from: automatic and manual
- Uses safe and non-toxic materials
- The heated surface can be adjusted
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- The auto shut-off feature
- The water reservoir is easy to refill
- Measures 18.5 inches x 18.5 inches x 6.6 inches
- A bit bulky; not ideal for use inside small homes
- The surface is not waterproof
- The auto shut-off feature doesn’t always turn the unit off
- It’s lighter than most heated dog beds
- The exterior construction is not as sturdy as expected
What’s this Self Warming Orthopedic Pet Bed made of? —The cover is a soft sherpa fabric that’s adorned with tiny pussy willows. The interior is made with 100% leak-proof polyester and is filled with 100% Primaloft fill that’s made with buffalo velour.
2. Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed Pillow
- Made with high density Orthopedic Memory Foam
- Ergonomically designed for support and comfort
- Clean & Care (Machine Washable)
- Convenient 2-in-1
- Provides your dog with a superb place of shelter
- Ideal for dogs weighing up to 50 lbs
- Small, medium and large sizes available
- 4.2 star rating on Amazon
- Free Bonus: Chew Proof Cover
- 3 colors to choose from
The Dogbed4less Memory Foam Dog Bed is very comfortable and it comes with a chew proof cover. The cover can be machine washed to keep it clean. It’s also nice to know that the manufacturer has a lifetime replacement guarantee. It’s easy to see why so many dogs love this bed.
3. Dallas Manufacturing Co. Large Pillow Dog Bed
- Available in five different sizes
- Has a removable washable pillow cover
- Very breathable
- Great for big dogs
- A bit too small
- Pillow doesn’t hold up well after a few months
This is one of our favorite dog beds out there.
It’s a comfortable, durable, and contemporary dog bed that will fit well in any room.
The cover is made from 100% cotton which is safe to wash in the machine.
4. Dog Bed w/Removable Dog Bed Cover Featuring Teflon Fabric Protector
Next up is the Snoozer Cozy Cave bed – which is definitely worthy of being on our list. This bed is a great choice for both large and small dogs. It’s carrier-sized, so not ideal for small dogs.
Speaking of size – it’s worth noting that there’s no size information on the product’s description, so we feel that this should be something you take into consideration before purchasing.
This product is available in many different colors, but we’ve chosen the ‘Light Taupe’ one, since all other reviews are based on this color.
5. Poly-Cotton Sherpa Pillow Pet Dog Bed by Majestic Pet
There are a lot of dog pillows on the market, but after reviewing dozens of pillows we’ve decided that the best dog pillow we will present to our readers is the Majestic Pet Products Sherpa pillow pet dog bed. It’s on the pricey side, but unlike most other dog pillows this actually works – it will keep your dog warm at night.
The pillow comes in many different sizes so that you can choose the one that suits your dog best. Although the pillow comes in many different sizes, it only comes in two different colours – blue and tan.
Aside from the sizing options, the other thing you can choose is the material. The Sherpa Pillow Pet comes in a variety of different materials – cotton, sherpa, and minky. Plus, it also comes in four different sizes – bed, travel, medium, and large.
6. Furhaven Pet
- Available for dogs, cats, and people
- Adjustable and comfort fabrics
- Quality stitching with sturdy material
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Does not slip, slide, or fall over
- Great for large dogs and puppies
- The plastic cover is a little stiff
- The fabric cover may not hide dog hair
The FurHaven Chaise Lounger is amazing pet bed and lounge. They come in three different lengths, sizes for dogs and cats.
There are also different colors and styles. It is 100 percent polyester and features a fuzzy suede fabric cushion cover.
The interior of the bed is a faux suede fabric. This is an awesome bed for dogs that love to lounge around in the bed. It is perfect for dogs that love to rest their belly on the bed and lean against the bed. The bed is 100 percent machine washable.
7. Majestic Pet Fern Villa Collection Dog Bed
The Majestic Pet Fern Villa Collection dog bed pillow is very comfortable for dogs of all sizes and breeds. This dog bed comes in a variety of sizes ranging from 30 ” to 50 ” in diameter. The cover can be removed for cleaning, which means that you can easily throw it in your washing machine. The dog bed is made from machine washable soft material.
The bed features a polyester cover that is water-resistant. It features a raised pillow design – this ensures that your dog will feel comfortable and well-cushioned inside.
The pillow inside also features a memory foam padding. This will make sure that the pillow is resilient and durable, among other things.
8. SportPet Designs Large Luxury Waterproof Pet Bed
The Sport Pet Designs dog bed is incredibly soft and has great reviews from dog owners. It’s very well-made and comfortable and can be wiped clean.
It’s also made in the US from premium materials, and comes in four different sizes. So you can be guaranteed of its quality.
Other features include: two bolsters and 4 squares for comfort, a waterproof cover, two layers of foam inside, machine washable and a comfy pillow. The cover is UPF 50+ rated and has corner ties when folded to provide sufficient weight to it.
9. Petmate Microban Pet Bed Petmate Deluxe Pillow Bed
There are times where you won’t want to buy the absolute best dog bed, but instead, one that will get the job done for an affordable price. This choice is a great one, and even though it’s different from all the others, it’s just as powerful for its price.
The Petmate is made of a sponge-like polyester that’s efficient at keeping your pup warm during winter and cool during summer.
You can roll your dog up in it and they will still be cozy and comfortable. Another aspect that makes this dog bed so great is that it’s easy to clean, and you can even throw it in the washing machine.
10. ALL FOR PAWS Pillow Bed
- 100% orthopedic foam for maximum comfort and support
- Features a removable and washable outer cover
- The machine-washable cover has a beautiful printed camouflage pattern
- The cover is made from an ultra-soft fabric, and it’s well-sewn …with no loose threads
- Both the exterior and the interior of the cover are waterproof
- The pillow itself has minimal odor and is made from ultra-high density foam
- The pillow is designed to last for years, not months
- Just the right wiggle space for your beloved Fido.
- Available in three sizes: small (15” x 15” x 4”), medium (19” x 19” x 4”), and large (25” x 25” x 4”)
- Manufactured in the United States
In the past, we generally stayed away from recommending pillows for dogs because most of the time, they weren’t built to last. This particular pillow was a pleasant surprise.
11. Navy Blue French Quarter Small Round Indoor Outdoor Pet Dog Bed
- Made of high quality materials
- Has a removable washable cover
- Has a removable washable cover
- Stands up to tough conditions
- Doesn’t fade easily
Doing a bit of an upgrade for your pet this year? Now, you can choose from different dog pillows.
The Navy Blue French Quarter is a round pillow that is made of quality materials and built with tough conditions in mind. It is made to last, so you don’t have to worry about short-term use.
12. Orvis Tattersall Pillow Dog Bed/Medium Dogs Up to 40-60 Lbs.
- Water-resistant fabric
- Interior cushion made with memory foam
- Regular size – perfect for 90% of all dogs
- Resistant to tears
- Machine washable – your bed will stay nice and clean even after spills
- The zippers are not very durable
- A bit pricey
(24 X 24 X 10.5 Inches)
When it comes to pet supplies there are hundreds of brands to choose from, but this brand has its own unique story.
The Orvis story began in 1856 when a carriage loaded with fishing equipment was being transported to Boston. Suddenly, the horses took a bad turn and the carriage slammed into hay bales stacked on the road and unloaded its box of fishing tackle including rods, lines and reels.
13. Carolina Pet Company Sherpa Puff Ball Pet Bed
If you’re looking for a comfortable and colorful dog bed, then you’ll absolutely love the Carolina Pet Company Sherpa Puff Ball Pet Bed! This bed is designed to be as comfortable as possible for both you and your dog.
These blankets are really soft and a fantastic blend of durability + softness.
The Sherpa Puff Ball features a 360-degree embroidered pattern. Since dogs love to cuddle up to soft things, this pattern will add to the comfort of the bed. Plus, this bed is guaranteed to add a pop of color to any room. And, it also adds some style!
14. Furhaven Pet
- 7 different sizes and 4 different colors to choose from
- You can choose for the cover to have a zipper closure or drawstrings to tie the cover closed
- The bolster is filled with shredded memory foam
- The bolster is removable and washable
- This dog bed has a removable and washable cover that is machine washable
- This dog bed is made from polyester and cotton and comes with a warranty of 1 year
- This dog bed comes in four sizes, including extra large which is 73” x 20” x 6” and one size smaller, the extra large is 72” x 18” x 6”
- The bolster can provide great support for your dog when they are sleeping and keeps them from rolling off the cushion
- This dog bed is suitable for dogs of all ages from puppies to seniors, and if you have more than one dog you can use this dog bed for both of them
- This dog bed might become saggy over time
- The bolster might be too thick for some dogs
- The drawstrings might be easy for the dog to chew at, which could be dangerous for the dog
To Choose From (Large Pink Leopard , Brown Leopard, Leopard).
15. Super Value Dog Pet Bed Pillow by Majestic Pet
- 100% satisfaction and quality guarantee
- High quality and a comfortable build
- Product dimensions are 23″x 21″x 6″ (in inches)
- Includes a washable and removable cover
- Perfect for pets up to 50 lbs
- Has a removable cover to make it machine washable
- Spots of the design may transfer onto a light colored bed
- Few users report that the cover material degrades quickly when it’s washed
- This dog pillow is only for dogs that weigh less than 50 lbs.
Products, Extra Large.
For those with dogs up to 50 lbs., the Super Value Dog Pet Bed Pillow by Majestic Pet Products, Extra Large may be the perfect fit. The large size, measure 23 “ x 21 “ x 6 “, is a great fit for many larger breeds such as Labrador Retrievers and German Shepherds. Plus, it’s priced relatively low.
This product comes with a 100% satisfaction and quality guarantee so you can rest assured that you’re getting your money’s worth if anything goes wrong. After all, that’s what we want. For our money to be well spent.
16. K&H PET PRODUCTS K&H Manufacturing Self Warming Distress Cuddle Ball Bed
- The initial impression on these dog beds is that they are just a little larger than a basketball
- Dogs love them, and they seem to be a step up from the 2-inch balls
- They seem to provide a higher level of comfort for our older dogs
- The gray color looks clean and neat
- They are truly self warming. The outside is fleece, and the inside is a thin layer of memory foam.
- The medium size is perfect for our older dog who is very short and 2 of our dogs who are young and energetic.
- The dogs immediately claimed them. One of our younger dogs dug a hole in her current bed to claim this one.
- They are big enough to peek over the edge and check out what is going on in the house comfortably.
- They are easy to wash but I have only made them damp and I don’t need to wash them more than that.
- They can be used in a kennel or a crate but you must zip it up in other words close it. I have had the dogs try to move them at night and have found that it is best on hardwood floors.
17. K&H Pet Products Cuddle Cube Pet Bed
We really like the cube-style pet bed from K&H Pet Products. The high quality sherpa and polyester blend is extremely soft and comfortable for your pet. We like how it includes not one, but 3 levels, which can provide ample space for your pet to sleep without feeling confined.
We also love the color. Most other dog beds – around this price range – usually come in either gray or tan, which is really boring. This dog bed comes in such a lovely brown color.
Another thing to note is that the cover is removable, and you can wash it at home. Not a lot of dog beds in this price range include a removable cover.
18. Armarkat Pet Bed w Waterproof Lining
- These pet beds come in a variety of colors for you to choose from.
- They have comfortable cushioning inside and waterproof lining.
- High-grade textiles. Machine washable.
- Squeak-free guarantee
- The non-skid base keeps the pet bed in place.
- Dimensions: 16"L x 20"W x 3"H
- The pre-existing odor of the fabric is unpleasant
- Slow delivery
Medium (2.5 Sq.Ft.)
Our pick for the best dog pillows is the Armarkat Pet Bed which comes in red or blue and includes a removable cover that you could choose from a variety of 11 colors. It has a non-skid bottom, which makes it a good choice for large dogs as it won’t slide around when they jump in. It’s also easy to wash – thanks to its waterproof lining.
It’s a large bed – measuring 31 x 20 x 3 inches – so it’s a good option for dogs who like to nap or sleep on their own.
19. WWE Divas 27X36 Pillow Pet Bed
- The adjustable straps hold the bed in place
- The soft plush cover allows airflow which is good for their joints
- The large size is excellent for senior, big, and giant dogs
- The sherpa interior makes it very comfortable and ideal for snuggling
- Comes in a variety of sizes and colors
- Machine washable – makes keeping it clean a breeze
- The liner is very easy to remove for cleaning just throw it in the washing machine
- Breathable fabric allows for decent airflow; which helps with keeping your dog’s body temperature even
- Unlike other dog beds I’ve tried, this one seems to work extremely well – my dog seems very comfortable with it
- It’s a bit of an eyesore to be honest
- The price is a bit steep
- Shipping to the US is ridiculously overpriced (more than the bed!)
- The strap on the large size is a bit short
- The fabric is rigid and does not allow the bed to bounce back into shape immediately
20. Furhaven Pet
With Microfiber Fabric Exceptionally High-Quality Pet Bed for Dogs and Cats.
The Furhaven Pet is made for both large dogs (over 5 lbs) and cats, as a result of all the outstanding reviews, it's well worth a shot even if you have a heavy chewer.
It's suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
21. PawTex Premium Round Dog Bed
What makes this bed stand out:
It’s for dogs that like to either dig and scratch, or anyone who’s concerned about the material durability of their dog beds.
Many dog owners who have bought this bed have nothing but good things to say about it. They’ve been very pleased with the size, material composition, and quality of construction.
22. Snuggle Ball Dog Bed
Top dog in our list of best beds, the Snuggle Ball bed from Boots & Barkley is our favourite because it’s the largest of all the dog beds we’ve reviewed.
Solid Comfort Fibers… 50% Acrylic, 30% Polyester, 15% Cotton
Soft, cozy and hypoallergenic this bed makes a great addition to your home. It’s perfect for dogs that prefer soft beds (e.g., Chihuahuas, Maltese, Bichons), but could also work for just about any dog.
The two layers of material are cozy enough alone, but the extra thickness and support provided by the support rods makes this bed stand out. It’s available in two sizes: small and large, with the large being particularly impressive for a dog bed. Measuring 31.5 x 20 x 6 inches it’s large enough for dogs up to about 70lbs.
23. Snoozer Round Pillow Pet Bed Round
- Available at 2 sizes: small and large
- The cover comes in 3 colors, Colonial, Scooter and Stone, and Plaid
- The stitching is hidden, which makes the bed look neat
- The material is breathable and soft, so it’s easy on the dog’s skin
- A cover on the bottom makes it easy to remove dirty parts and clean the whole thing
- The cushions are FIRM and not soft, which is ideal for senior dogs
- The bolster can be removed for washing
- The bolster part is a bit firm on its own
- The zipper for removing the firm bolster is hard to unzip
- Zipper quality is poor and may break down after a year or so
- The stitching may also break after a year or so
- The bed comes with a cover which can make the bed a bit too hot for tender dogs
The Snoozer Round Pillow Pet Bed is the ideal solution for seniors, post-surgery patients, ill, injured and aging dogs that need extra comfort and support. Privacy and freedom are the two most important things for older dogs that need to eliminate, not to go through a door to a bathroom.
24. Happy Hounds Bosco Dog Bed in Godiva
Picking the right material to make sure your dog’s bed will last long and not give off any weird odors is important. The Happy Hounds Bosco Bed uses high-quality materials – water-resistant soft polyester fabric and memory foam .
The base layer of the bed is made of PVC, which makes it sturdy and durable. So, it’s suitable for large breeds.
25. DOSKOCIL MANUFACTURING 27466 Cedar Pet Bed
- Allen wrench is included, so assembly is not required
- The removable cover is easy to remove and clean
- Machine washable
- Great for small to medium dogs
- The quality materials and construction make this a long-lasting product
- The pillow might not be what you’re expecting. It’s not the firm orthopedic pillow that you’re expecting – according to some reviews.
- The materials used aren’t the best quality. One user mentioned that they tore up immediately and that they are much thinner than the pieces they replaced.
If you’re looking for a dog bed that isn’t a bumpy, uncomfortable mess to lay on, then this product is definitely worth considering. It’s comfortable, affordable and can last for many years.
However, if you’re looking for something with a little more support or something of a higher quality then this might not be the product for you.
The main disadvantage is the quality of the materials. It’s definitely not the thick, supportive pillow that you’re expecting. It’s a tad thinner and not as firm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which brand Pillow is the best?
By far my favorite dog pillow for crates is the Kurgo Skybox Dog Bed for Cargo Crates, which rounds out the criteria listed above because it is also very aesthetically pleasing. Other good brands include Sleepypod, Conepet, and Petego.
Who makes the best dog bed?
Our favorite dog bed is the MyPillow. The first thing that attracted us to the MyPillow dog bed was the fact that it was so comfortable and plush-looking. And they aren't wrong about how comfortable it is! Our dog loves it and prefers it to our other dog beds. The only downside is that it retains some odors over time, but it is very easy to clean–just remove the cover and throw it in the wash.
Are pillows good for dogs?
As someone who owns two dogs and lives with two other dog owners, I can tell you that dogs absolutely deserve to have things that look as cute as they do. And believe me, with dog owners being such a huge market, don’t think the companies who design these pillows don’t know that.
Especially if you have multiple dogs, where the sizes can be all over the board, I definitely recommend getting a pillow for each dog, so they can each get the perfect fit.
I’ve had dogs my entire life, ranging from little dogs to large dogs. I personally owned a chihuhua and a golden retriever.
Do calming pet beds really work?
Most people who have pets as part of the family can tell you all about the struggle between needing to leave your pet and dealing with separation anxiety. When we leave home, our faithful companion sits at the door, peering longingly as we walk away. We hug and say goodbye and try to convince ourselves that this short time apart is normal.
Our minds change when we realize just how long the time away is going to feel and that even the brief moments we spent saying goodbye were far happier times than the rest of our day.
Fortunately, there are lots of solutions to this problem, from calming wraps for your pet and calming chews, to specially designed beds and blankets.
The Best Dog Pillows are typically made of allergen-friendly dog bed materials, with a removable cover. They are also often filled with memory-foam, and can be purchased in a variety of sizes to accommodate dogs of all ages.
Dog pillows can be more expensive than the average dog bed, but many people have found them to be an excellent investment. They can be the perfect solution to an array of common issues dog owners face each day.
|Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds||Best Overall|
|Dog Bed w/Removable Dog Bed Cover Featuring Teflon Fabric Protector||Budget Pick|
|Majestic Pet Fern Villa Collection Dog Bed||Upgrade Pick|