There are plenty of outdoor products that are supposed to keep dogs off lawns, but it turns out that most of them are just scams.
That’s because nothing actually repels dogs. Dogs, like humans, are just animals and they follow their instincts. There’s really no way to stop them. However, there are outdoors products that can annoy them and teach them not to go back — so that’s smart.
The best dog repellents for lawns are those sprays and dog noises that make is hard for the dog to keep his attention on the lawn. Sprays are usually the most successful because most dogs will avoid a place if they smell unpleasant.
If you buy me I’m going to need a house. A lawn along with some trees would be nice and a fence, of course. I would like it to be close to a lake. We could spend the day just swimming and running around the yard.
I really like hanging out with you, though. My tail always points a good direction when we’re out so I’ll probably want to be at home with you.
|DURANOM Ultrasonic Wild Animal Repeller||Best Overall|
|POVAD LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller||Budget Pick|
|PREDATORGUARD PestAway Ultrasonic Outdoor Animal & Cat Repeller||Upgrade Pick|
1. DURANOM Ultrasonic Wild Animal Repeller
The DURANOM ultrasonic repellent works with 81 different kinds of animals including snakes, bears, birds, dogs, raccoons, cats, and deer.
The ultrasonic wave will make the animals feel uncomfortable and scare them away. The frequency ranges from 35 to 80KHZ, and the sound annoyance is over 120dB and has three volume levels.
The motion sensor has a detection angle of about 295 °, and the run time is about 10m. The solar panel will store the electricity and will charge under sunlight in a full day and will work continuously for about 6-8 hours at night.
2. MODUS Bark Control Device
This MODUS dog anti-barking device functions more as an "ultrasonic dog training tool." As opposed to a dog training collar or prong collar – that physically punishes the dog.
The MODUS solution sends a high-frequency sound that is only audible to a dog's ears. Thus, not causing any stress or physical harm to your dog.
The ultrasonic sound serves as a deterrent, simply warning your dog that they are getting too close to an off-limit object or person.
3. Hoont Advanced Motion Activated Solar Powered Ultrasonic
- Effective protection from stray dogs, foxes, coyotes, etc.
- Built-in motion sensor detects motion up to 20 feet away
- Ultrasonic sound waves that are not detectable to the human ear.
- Strobe lighting has two modes: constant flashing and a random flashing sequence that is intermittent.
- Sentry’s Solar Motion Activated Repellent: This is Powered by the sun and the battery will never need replacing or charging
- Repels both small and large animals- cats, raccoons, dogs, possum, deer, foxes, and skunks.
- This product can be loud
- Not only sounds but it can flash as well; it could make you go blind so be careful to charge it away from your room, but this is not a big deal for most people
- Some people don’t like the taste of it, so if your dog is lactose intolerant, avoid it unless you don’t mind to replace or charge it
The Hoont is a top-of-the-line motion activated solar powered ultrasonic and strobe light device. It has a variety of top tier features such as this pup-friendly ultrasonic anti-bark device.
4. Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent
5. Hoont Electronic Dog Repellent and Trainer
6. INTEY Outdoor Animal Repellent Solar Ultrasonic Cat Repeller
- A well-made ultrasonic animal repellent
- Comes with a solar-powered battery
- Water-resistant and washable
- Has a built-in LED light
- Has a range of up to 350 feet
- Relatively easy to install
- Works well for all types of animals; cats, dogs, and squirrels.
- Not suitable for bobcats, bears, and coyotes
- Complaints about the customer service
- A few people say that it doesn’t work
The INTEY Outdoor Animal Repellent solar ultrasonic cat repeller with LED flashlight animal driven device dog repellent waterproof IP44 design is a pretty popular one. It uses an ultrasonic repellency system to keep away the most common intruders – dogs, cats, and squirrels.
It comprises of a clear-plastic rodent-repelling unit with lights, four stakes with plastic reflective labels, a garden stake, and a solar-connected unit with rechargeable battery and adapter.
Now, enough talk – let’s get down to the details.
7. DURANOM Ultrasonic Animal Repeller Outdoor
- It has a wide coverage area
- The solar panel is built-in
- It has a rechargeable battery
- It's affordable
- It has an intelligent motion sensor
- It can be charged by a solar panel
- It includes multiple protection features
- It comes with a 120-day money back guarantee
- It's durable and easy to use
- It sends out a high-frequency sound that can only be heard by canines and felines
- The manufacturer states that it can be used for the whole year, but it cannot be used in freezing temperatures
- There are complaints that the battery only lasts up to two months
- There have been issues regarding the shipping of this product
- It has a cheap plastic casing
If you're searching for a repellent for your yard that can be charged via a solar panel and won't require you to change the battery often, then this could be the right product for you.
It's completely safe for people and pets, so you can use it without worrying about hurting anyone.
It has an intelligent motion sensor that can detect motion up to 15 feet away and cover an area up to an acre.
8. APlus+ Handheld Dog Repellent
- * Long-range (up to 15 yards)
Collar, Waterproof (Certified Refurbished).
9. VOLADOR Motion Activated Wild Animal Deterrent Scare Away Dog
- It’s rechargeable!
- It’s got a range of 150 feet
- Battery lasts a month or more depending on usage
Ever had unwanted neighbors? Such as neighborhood cats, deer, dogs, rodents, and more destroying your beautiful garden? Of course you have. It’s downright irritating to have to sit there and pick up after them.
But what would you do if you didn’t have to pick up after them anymore? What if you got these animals to stop destroying your lawn with your very own scarecrow?
10. SMSELER 2 Flashing LED Lights,Eco-Friendly-Effective Animal Management Without T
- Sturdy and reliable
- Good value for money
- Budget friendly
- Effective at keeping animals away
- Most humane dog deterrent… It doesn’t kill
- Environmental friendly – you won’t have to worry about harming the environment with chemicals
- The wires could be longer
- Not good for large dogs
Looking at our criteria for the best dog repellent for lawns, there were many different repellents that made our shortlist.
However, after going through all the reviews, we decided that the SMSELER 2 flashing LED lights, eco-friendly, effective animal management without toxins dog deterrent black is the best pick.
The SMSELER 2 flashing LED lights features a harmless LED light that emits a flashing light that’s completely safe and even beneficial to humans, pets, and the environment.
11. POVAD LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
- Powerful, long-range sonic waves – up to 80 yards
- Effective for dogs of all sizes
- Soft LED night light
- Dual frequency, adjustable sound
- Comes with adjustable sensitivity & timer
- Two selectable operating modes: continuous and working time
- Easy and convenient to use
- 30 +/- 5 db dual frequency speaker
- Working time: 4-6 hours / continuous time: 8 hours
- Operating temperature: -10 to 40 degrees Celsius
- The battery clip is not very secure
- The slow flashing light should be brighter
- The sound can be inconsistent
- The high frequency can hurt some breeds sensitive ears
- Relatively short distance
12. PREDATORGUARD PestAway Ultrasonic Outdoor Animal & Cat Repeller
- Easy to install and lightweight – doesn’t require drilling or running wires
- Fully weatherproof – you can use it both indoors and outdoors
- Powered by four D batteries – plenty of battery life
- Waterproof with a rugged housing – you don’t need to worry about seasonal changes
- Effectively keeps pests away from your yard
- Perfect for cats, dogs, raccoons, and other animals
- When it senses a presence in the area, it emits a high-frequency ultrasonic sound that’s unpleasant to the sensitive hearing of these animals, warning them to stay away
- A lot of customers claim that have been using for a few months and have never seen a single pest in the area. This could be because it’s so effective, but also because you get free replacements if your don’t get the desired results.
- Very affordable – comes in a pack of 4 so you can set up an area of up to 10,000 sq ft.
13. Aspectek Upgraded Powerful Yard Sentinel
- Wireless (works up to 40m)
- High level of effectiveness (most pests will avoid yard within a week of operation)
- Safe for pets and humans (no hanging wires)
- Good value for money
- No specific repellents for certain pests, so have to count on the gamble
- The item is very large and bulky – best to check the dimensions before purchase
- Doesn’t have an OFF/ON switch
- Relatively short lifespan compared to competing products (estimated 3 months of operation)
Badgers, Squirrels and Bats.
It’s time to reclaim your yard from the pests. This robust wireless ultrasonic repeller can keep away pests from your property, indoors and out. Save your time and money by not needing to hire professional pest control services. This simple to use system works like a smoke alarm. When the sound is activated, pests will be deterred away from your property.
14. Humutan Ultrasonic Dog Repellent
- 10 Metal stakes for easy installation
- 1200 square feet coverage
- Waterproof – perfect for outdoor use
- Sturdy build quality
- 1-year limited warranty for peace of mind
- Powered by solar panels – no batteries
- Does not cover the full area – need to use a few units for a 2.5 acre property
- Sound can irritate the dog or cat
- The solar panels are weak under certain conditions
This highly-efficient dog deterrent is a great option for protecting your yard against unwanted animal trespassers. It features a fast-acting, digital, and sensitive PIR sensor that operates with an ultrasonic frequency that’s inaudible to humans.
This device works on small animals like dogs, cats, birds, and even skunks. It’s solar-powered and safe for you and your pets.
What’s great about this device is that it offers ten times higher effectiveness when compared to other sonic deterrents available in the market. It also features a solar-powered design which is highly convenient and saves you from having to buy batteries every now and then.
15. Anti Barking Device
- Has 30 different settings, including different dog sounds
- External speakers can be used as a neighborhood alarm
- Comes with 2 special dog sounds: water spray and dog distress
- Won’t interfere with other radio frequencies
- Low cost
- No volume control
- Plastic switch is quite fragile
- Battery compartment isn’t waterproof
(30 Brand and Unique Sound of birds)
This product is a unique ultrasonic dog scarecrow that produces an incredible variety of sounds (30 types) to repel pesky dogs.
It includes two special dog sounds: water spray and dog distress. Two different buttons control the sound selection. Simply press the button to change to another sound. Plus, it comes with a built-in motion sensor that produces a loud fake bark sound when your dog approaches the lawn. The device is powered by 4 AAA batteries (not included).
16. Electronic Dog Repeller,Pet Dog Trainer
- Highly effective, working across large areas
- Durable, portable, and lightweight
- Convenient for outdoor and indoor use
- The ultrasonic noise is inaudible to humans, yet unbearable for dogs
- Ideal for dealing with stray dogs or aggressive dogs
- 6 modes
- 50 decibel
- One-year warranty…
The unit may not be as effective for larger dogs.
A good quality electronic dog repeller that works very well when it comes to keeping dogs away from a specific area. The effectiveness and design of this unit make it a viable option that should be considered by anyone looking for a strong repellent.
This wireless repeller is ideal for anyone looking to keep dogs away from your garden, property, or area. It can be connected to an area of up to 1000 square feet. The device features 6 versatile modes that make it easy to control and use. The same unit with a different mode works in different situations. Dogs have different feeding habits, training methods, and nature. There could be a situation where a dog trainer with a certain mode is not effective.
17. PIGWO Animal Repellent Ultrasonic Outdoor
- Three ultrasonic speakers located 20 feet apart, cover a high-quality array of motion sensors for a wide, up to 6,800 square feet space
- Comes conveniently with a built-in power bank that charges your devices as well
- Non-poisonous, non-toxic, chemical-free & biodegradable solution to keep your land free of pests
- An easy-to-replace 18650 battery that works as an internal power bank, charges most phones up to two times
- The latest safety technology works with a 10-foot timer that manages the distance the animal can approach
- An ear-splittingly loud siren that intimidates pet owners and without damaging valuable equipment
- A 12 ft power cord + a 3-year warranty + a 90-day money back guarantee
- These lights do not cover an area of 6,800 square feet as advertised
- The 90-degree range is not as advertised
- The siren feature is not sufficient to scare animals that are not easily scared
- The siren can be disabled if the animals are not disturbed
- The siren is too much for your neighbors to endure
18. Belidan Animal Repellent Ultrasonic Outdoor Animal Repeller
- Works at a range of up to 600 square feet.
- Patented sonic technology.
- You can control the distance that you want to protect through adjusting the settings.
- It has a solar panel and everything that is integrated into the design.
- This repellent is great for pests and foul vermin.
- The plastic casing protects it from the weather.
- It doesn’t make noise – only rodents and pests hear it.
- It can be used time and again.
- It can be mounted on a wall.
- It has three mounting holes.
- It’s not effective against vermin such as rats.
- Only some of the animals are affected by it.
19. Chansh Solar Powered Ultrasonic Outdoor Animal Repeller + Flashing Strobe
- Can be swapped between English and Spanish to suit your language
- Excellent range as indicated by the manufacturer
- Easy to use and program, with an instant turn on after a power failure, resetting automatically after
- Rechargeable and can be reused many times
- Large coverage area and good for multi-story buildings
- Can also be used indoors
- Solar panel charges even on rainy days
- There is a faint electronic beeping noise, but most people do not hear it
- The power switch and USB port are a little flimsy
- Setting motion sensor on the dog repeller can be difficult.
If you have a big lawn area or live in a house with many rooms you need to live, then you may be feeling like pests are a problem.
The good news is, there is a pet repellent that can keep your lawn and your house from being overrun by lawn pests.
The Anicolar Solar Animal Repellent is the perfect answer to keeping critters from bothering you and your lawn.
20. Clever sprouts Dog Repellent
The Clever sprouts repeller attempts to mimic a dog’s natural warning sound to scare them away. The ‘Dog-a-woo’ sound of the dog repellent has been replicated using a high-pitched ultrasonic sound.
As a further discouragement, the Clever sprouts features flashing LED lights in addition to the noise.
The 100 feet range should be enough to keep most dogs away.
21. GREAT OUTDOORS TM Ultrasonic Animal Repeller and Solar Pest Waterproof Repellent
- Economical animal repellant
- Uses solar power so you can place it almost anywhere, and not have to worry about electricity
- Attractive looking
- Lightweight, easy to carry around
- The power saving design can keep the repellent going for days without charging
- Made of plastic, so it may be a little flimsy
- The instructions are a little hard to understand
Out of a whopping 913 reviews, this animal repellant has 4.4 stars, which is amazing! It’s one of the highest reviewed animal repellents on Amazon.
This is one of our top picks because of the amount of praise it’s received on Amazon.
It uses an ultrasonic repeller, and aims to scare animals away through sound. The outer casing is made of plastic, with a solar panel at top corner. You can put the solar panel facing in multiple positions, so it can get the best sun exposure.
22. Wikoo Solar Powered Ultrasonic Animal and Pests Repeller,Outdoor Weatherproof Repeller,Motion Activated
By Outdoor Pet Deterrent for Dog,Raccoon,Squirrel,Chipmunk,Birds,Cat,Coyote,Skunk,Snake,and Deer.
A pet dog is a blessing – and the best way to appreciate its companionship is by taking it for walks. However, if you’re an animal lover, you’ll want to let Fido walk around in a safe and secure area where he can run around. But what about the unwanted visitors coming into your area? There’s always that chance that he might run into a squirrely squirrel, a wicked crows, a stray dog, cat, racoon, or even a skunk!
You might think that the easiest solution would be to avoid walking your dog in certain areas, but that will certainly make your dog depressed and stressed out. What else can you do, other than calling animal control? But it is expensive and will take up your productive time. There’s another option available for you that’s less expensive and doesn’t require you to call animal control.
23. ZOVENCHI Ultrasonic Animal Pest Repeller
- Solar powered so there’s no hassle of wires
- Waterproof – ideal to keep away outside critters from your garden
- Effectively keeps away pests and animals
- Requires 6 AA batteries
- Don’t have oscillating option
- Lightweight and easy to knock over
Cats, Squirrels, Deer, Foxes, Skunks, Armadillos, Weasels, Opossums, Ferrets, Bats, Rabits, Rats, Moles, Crows, Snakes, Birds, Feral Pigs, Mice, and More. 4 Times Stronger than Traditional Ultrasonic Pest Repellers
Nothing’s more frightening for your pets and neighbors than a loud noise. The Zovenchi is a compact unit that will help keep away those skunks, raccoons, cats, squirrels, and other unwanted pests from your garden.
The Zovenci can maintain the distance between yourself or pets, and the trigger within 15 feet. This device is perfectly safe and provides a humane way of keeping critters away.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best dog repellent for lawns?
PestOff Ultrasonic Dog & Cat Repellent Repeller – This is the best pick on the market right now.
As a pet owner, you already know how much time and effort you put into making your house a home. The last thing you want is to have your dog or cat running around and ruining your hard work. That's exactly why you need this awesome Ultrasonic Dog and Cat Repellent Repeller.
What is the most effective dog repellent?
I found that the most effective dog repellent system is homemade dog repellent. Vinegar poured into empty spray bottles is cheap, environmentally friendly, and comes in a variety of sizes.
Vinegar can be kept around the house for a number of applications. A spray bottle full of vinegar can help mice or squirrels stay out of your house. Dogs though are a whole new matter. Colorful tape or stickers placed near the chewing area can also work.
How can I get dogs to stop pooping on my lawn?
You might have tried to clean off your lawn to no avail. You might have tried the water hoses, and it just turned into a mud bath. You might have tried dressing up your lawn with smellier flowers but all they did was attract other animals.
Yep, I know how that is! Now, you try hard to clean your lawn, and when it’s clean, another dog does his business on your freshly cleaned lawn. This is such a huge problem it can drive most people insane.
Never fear, for I have found an all-natural solution of both preventative treatment for your lawn and a 100%-organic way to get rid of dog poop on your lawn.
Perhaps you’d rather concentrate on how to get rid of dog poop though. Here’s how to remove dog feces from your lawn using natural methods.
Do ultrasonic dog repellers really work?
There are people who say that these devices are not effective and have called them a complete gimmick.
However, there are others who swear by them. Is it possible that the more believable success stories are from people who are simply following instructions and placing the devices out in plain view, while others are getting frustrated trying to keep the pesky animals out of their back yard and are simply blaming the dogs for the devices' ineffectiveness?
And then there are others who report screaming dogs, so it would seem that ultrasonic dog repellers do get the high-pitch noise across to the dogs.
If you have never used them, my guess is that you are content to leave the problem of dog control to the people with backyards large enough to let the dogs run around but are jealous of the dog owners who seem to have no problems keeping the dogs out of their flower beds and vegetable gardens.
What works for you may not work at your neighbor’s house because dogs react differently to everything. They’re often still curious, so anything that’s not edible can be chewed through. If you’re wondering what is the best deterrent for dogs, then this should help you answer the question.
|DURANOM Ultrasonic Wild Animal Repeller||Best Overall|
|POVAD LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller||Budget Pick|
|PREDATORGUARD PestAway Ultrasonic Outdoor Animal & Cat Repeller||Upgrade Pick|