I have a six month old miniature schnauzer. She’s a high energy puppy with a mind of her own. One of the first things we had to teach her was to climb stairs, and quickly.
She refused to walk up the steps, and I had to hold her in my arms while we went up the stairs.
I didn’t want to carry her upstairs every day.
I knew I needed to get her some steps, so I went online and checked out the options and decided on these stairs for a few reasons.
Check out the review and see if they might work for you.
|"Made in USA Pet Steps/Stairs||Best Overall|
|Zinus Step Comfort Pet Stairs/Pet Ramp/Pet Ladder||Budget Pick|
|PetSafe Solvit Decorative Wood Pet Stairs||Upgrade Pick|
1. "Made in USA Pet Steps/Stairs
Looking for top-rated pet steps for small dogs and puppies? Check out the "Made in USA Pet Steps/Stairs for Dogs & Cats" by Pet Studio. This product is made from heavy-duty aluminum and features a pet-friendly foam mattress. The pet steps have four wide steps and rungs on each side that are perfect for older or injured dogs. The set has two steps, so it’s perfect for pet stairs for dogs who don’t make enough steps to reach the bed, couch, or counter. The steps have non-slip rubber pads on the bottom to firmly grip various flooring surfaces.
The pet steps have a removable cover that can be machine-washed. This will make cleaning them after each use quicker and easier.
The "Made in USA Pet Steps/Stairs for Dogs & Cats" by Pet Studio might be a bit pricey, but it’s perfect for those who need something sturdy. Pets up to 15 pounds can use these steps with ease.
2. Pet Gear Easy Step II Pet Stairs
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Easy installation
- Removable carpet tread
- Pet-safe construction
- Solid support under all terrain
- Lightweight, assembled weight of only 14 pounds
- Suitable for small dogs and cats
- Long and a bit narrow
- Might not fit all cars
- Some dogs may not like the feel of the carpet
If your dog doesn’t want to use the stairs anymore or is having trouble going up or down the steps, this pet stairs is one of the best steps to get.
The step is easy to install, just unfold and screw the post to the bottom of a stair. Then place the pet stairs on the post and the dog can now use the steps with ease.
The post that comes with the pet stairs can be installed into your previous stairs. If your dog is afraid of trying to get up to the steps or can start to slip from the stairs; this is a nice safety precaution to take.
3. PetSafe CozyUp Folding Pet Steps
- Reasonable price
- Can also be used as a pet ramp
- Padded for pets – doesn’t scratch their feet
- Lightweight and portable
- Sturdy and durable
- Made of attractive and weather-resistant fabric
- Non-slip steps
- Steps can break over time
- Can be complicated to assemble
- Hard to fold and store away in small spaces once assembled
- Smaller dogs can fit through the folds
The PetSafe CozyUp Folding Pet Steps is not made specifically for Fido, but it’s one of the best dog ramps available. Sturdy, easy to use, and appropriate for pets of any size, shape or weight – from cats to larger dogs, too!
4. Petsfit Wooden Pet/Cat/Dog Stairs/Steps
In our opinion, the Petsfit Pet/Cat/Dog Stairs are a great option for a wide variety of animals. The steps are made out of wood and finished off with high-quality plastic. One reviewer we read, who has cats, said that the stairs stay together very well, even after the cats scratching it.
Some reviewers mentioned that these stairs seem a bit hefty to be used for every day. However, there are some reviewers who have pets who live with them every day (one cat and one puppy). In fact, the reviewer with the puppy said that they were more interested in sleeping than playing in them. However, she liked the fact that it gave her puppy the opportunity to be closer to her.
5. Zinus Step Comfort Pet Stairs/Pet Ramp/Pet Ladder
- Four lengths
- Comfortable 14” deep steps
- Perfect for large and medium-sized dogs
- Easy to assemble
- Non-slip step surface
- Microban antimicrobial protection
- The white color is a little too bright
- The surface could be a little more slip resistant
- Questionable sturdiness
The Zinus pet steps are solid, easy to assemble, and provide a lot of value for the price. I really appreciate that the steps are padded and deep-set for comfort. Dogs and cats both seem to enjoy them, and they’ve really taken a load off our pet’s leg muscles.
The steps are foldable and easy to store when they’re not in use. Plus, they’re easy to clean as well. If you’re considering getting a dog or cat, which also has a few mobility issues, these steps should definitely be on your list.
Acquiring a dog can be a wonderful and rewarding experience. However, it can also lead to a lot of health issues.
6. Pet Gear Free Standing Ramp
- Easy and safe way for pets to get up on the bed, couch, sofas and vehicles
- Gives pets a safe and secure feeling
- Can double as a pet bed
- Heavy-duty construction and rugged two-way zipper for ease of set-up
- Round edges and corners for safety, non-skid bottom
- Lightweight for easy storage and portability
- Dimensions: 18″L x 17″W x 18″H
- Weight: 8.2 pounds
- The plastic coating is thin, which could easily melt when used on bedding in summertime
- Sharp corners could hurt pets if not careful
- Has a strong odor when first taken out of the box
- Zipper sometimes gets stuck
This Pet Gear ramp for cats and dogs is high quality and can achieve a higher level of elevation. This product has a two-way zipper for easy assembly. The Pet Gear free standing ramp for cats and dogs can also function as a pet bed. This ramp has an approximate weight of 8.2 pounds.
The round edges and corners of this ramp for cats and dogs are safe and ensure no injury to your pet. This product is also lightweight for convenience, comfort and portability. This ramp is 18 inches long, 17 inches wide and has a height of 18 inches.
7. Pet Gear Easy Step III
If you have a doggy or small pet that can’t quite make it up the stairs, these Pet Gear Easy Steps are a fantastic alternative.
Would you like to clean your basement but you’re worried that your dog will fall accidentally down the stairs?
Would you like to plant a garden but you’re worried that your dog will start to dig and can’t follow you there?
8. Weebo Pets Smooth Steps Folding Leather Pet Stairs
- Sturdy and a good height
- Available for different dog sizes
- Good for small dogs
- Folds into two parts for easy storage
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space when folded
- Gentle on canines’ joints
- Has Leash Hooks at the Bottom for Mobility
- Not ideal for larger dogs like Labradors
- The plastic feet are a bit too extra
- The screws and nails are visible and unappealing
And Pets (Size: XX-Small, Fits A Dog Up to 10lbs)
The Weebo Pets Smooth Steps is a pet stairs that are strong, lightweight and portable; a dog staircase that would enhance the mobility of your best friend. It is available in small dog variety, which has a size that would fit a dog with 6.5 paws up to 10 lbs, and an XX-Small size, which fits a dog with 4.5 paws up to 7.5 lbs.
9. PetSafe Happy Ride Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp
- Lifetime guaranty
- It can act as a ramp for cats, small dogs and medium sized dogs
- The step prevents slipping and footing
- The step facilitate its users on getting their dog in the car
- It is lightweight and convenient to use
- It is easy to clean with a hose or by hand
- It is portable and comes with a convenient carrying case
- It is stable and durable
- It is made of plastic, thus, may be a bit slippery
- It may be a bit narrow for some dogs
- Does not have padding, thus, may hurt some dogs' paws
If you’re looking for a dog ramp to help your pet climb up into the car, then the PetSafe 25" Happy Ride Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp may be just right for you. This pet ramp has the capacity to support dogs up to 50 pounds.
It features a platform that you can use to place your pet’s crate or bed. It’s available in two sizes – the 12” and the 25”
10. Arf Pets Wood Dog Stairs
The Arf Pets steps are the perfect solution for a small or big dog that has mobility issues. It can be great for a dog that has back, knees, arthritis, hip problems, etc.
The steps come in two sizes – one for small dogs and one for large dogs, with the difference being the number of levels. They are very easy to assemble and can be disassembled to be stored away if needed.
Another great selling point is that the steps are light enough that any dog can step on them, even if they’re old/injured.
11. Majestic Pet Portable Pet Stairs
- Very sturdy, even on carpet
- Easy to assemble
- Come in 3 sizes – 18”, 30”, and 36”
- The biggest step is 25 x 12 inches
- Doesn’t have sharp edges
- All aluminum material
- Extra wide for large dogs
- Good value, coming with Free Shipping
- Made in the USA
- Good customer service with 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year product warranty
- Extra wide ramp is not suitable for cats
- Larger step may not be suitable for smaller dogs
- You may have to make some adjustments to fit your sofa
If you’re in need of a good dog step or stairs, then the Majestic Pet can fit your needs. This dog step/stairs is made from aluminum, has a dual-tube construction, and is fully padded with soft sherpa foam.
This dog ramp comes in three different sizes:
The new XXL dog steps/stairs from Majestic Pet is the biggest step they carry, measuring at 36 inches, with a length of 25 x 12 inches. They also have a smaller step of 30 x 12 inches and one that measures 18 x 12 inches.
12. Arf Pets Cat Step House
- Six colors available – black, brown, beige, blue, white, and grey
- Rails are sturdy and give a safe enough grip
- Wide enough for larger sized breeds
- Heavy duty plastic
- Easy to clean with just a wipe
- Slightly expensive
- Too tall for older pets; just scaling these might be an issue
Our best dog stairs and pet steps solution is the Arf Pets Cat Step House, if you’ve ever wondered what are the most popular dog steps today. These cute stairs were designed with your dog in mind. Built-in stairs allow you to scale onto your couch, bed, car, bathtub, kitchen countertop, toilet, or practically anywhere!
Compared to the first version, these pet stair features a wider design and a deeper structure. Overall, these dog steps for stairs are as functional as they are attractive. Installs in minutes with no tools.
These pet steps are perfect for large or medium sized dogs. It features a wide, multiple stair angles, and sturdy rails. Lightweight and fun to use, it’s great for exercising as well!
13. PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Pet Ramp
For dog lovers, finding a vehicle is one of the toughest challenges you can ever face.
The best dog steps and stairs relieve the stress associated with it by allowing you to get your pooch in and out of your vehicle so much easier.
This dog ramp is made of heavy-duty materials designed to support up to 75 pounds dogs. At just over 6 pounds it can be moved around easily and because it can be folded it can be stored very easily.
14. PetSafe CozyUp Pet Steps
15. PetSafe CozyUp Folding Wood Pet Stairs
- Great value for money
- High quality
- Outstanding customer service
- Doesn't take up much room
- Non-slip steps for extra safety
- Affordable price
- Small slots for the pets to step on
- Thin, lightweight plastic
- Will not tolerate significant weight on its upper steps
A thorough review of the features:
CosyUp Pet Stairs L-shaped Dog steps are an ideal piece of pet furniture for any dog or cat to use so that they can easily access anywhere he needs.
Constructed from high quality materials these stairs are portable and foldable. Needs to be assembled upon delivery with no tools required.
16. Flexzion Pet Stairs
- The sturdiness of this folding dog steps is perfect for animals up to 30k (66 pounds)
- The steps/stairs are best for dogs up to 7 inches tall at the hips
- It can be used indoors as well as outdoors – wherever you need
- Stairs are very easy to fold flat, and to fold up
- Because the stairs / steps are so lightweight and easy to move, this is ideal for pets who have difficulty on stairs or have problems with arthritis
- This dog stairs for indoor pets weight less than 5 pounds
- Another unique aspect of this step is that the only platform that will get dirty is the one that’s on the floor – so your carpet will stay clean!
- It comes in many colors, so you can choose one that matches your home
- The stairs / steps are made of high quality Polypropylene material, which ensures they will last for a long time
- The stairs / steps are considered by many pet owners to be the best dog stairs you can buy
As Well (White, 24.5 inches)
17. PetSafe Solvit Decorative Wood Pet Stairs
- Available in various colors to match your home decor
- Efficiently elevates pets for easier climbing
- Easy to set up and just as easy to store
- The older model is made from extremely thin boards
- It’s not designed with comfort in mind; however, this doesn’t affect performance
- Doesn’t have a non-slip backing – however, this isn’t much of a problem
Easy to Clean.
The PetSafe Solvit Decorative Wood Stair Step is one of the top-rated pet stairs available today – for their primary feature being their design quotient! If you own a vertically challenged pet then this pet stairs are for you – but its work is not limited just to cats!
The PetSafe Solvit Decorative Wood Pet Stairs is an ergonomically shaped pet stairs that helps pets to get on and off couches, beds, and other furniture with ease.
18. Delxo High Density Foam 3 Tier Pet Stairs,Comfy Micro Suede Pet Steps
- Hand carved from long-lasting durable foam
- Safe, comfortable and easy to clean
- Zippered removable cover is machine washable
- Anti-slip top and bottom
- Portable and convenient, works great for any home or vehicle
- Strong heavy duty steel frame
- Hand crafted with microsuede
- Incorporates a carpet like top
- Non-slip microsuade prevents slipping
- Sturdy and durable enough for the heaviest of dogs
It is quite bulky and needs a good deal of space. The stairs cannot be folded down.