I have a six month old miniature schnauzer. She’s a high energy puppy with a mind of her own. One of the first things we had to teach her was to climb stairs, and quickly.
She refused to walk up the steps, and I had to hold her in my arms while we went up the stairs.
I didn’t want to carry her upstairs every day.
I knew I needed to get her some steps, so I went online and checked out the options and decided on these stairs for a few reasons.
Check out the review and see if they might work for you.
|"Made in USA Pet Steps/Stairs||Best Overall|
|Zinus Step Comfort Pet Stairs/Pet Ramp/Pet Ladder||Budget Pick|
|PetSafe Solvit Decorative Wood Pet Stairs||Upgrade Pick|
1. "Made in USA Pet Steps/Stairs
Looking for top-rated pet steps for small dogs and puppies? Check out the "Made in USA Pet Steps/Stairs for Dogs & Cats" by Pet Studio. This product is made from heavy-duty aluminum and features a pet-friendly foam mattress. The pet steps have four wide steps and rungs on each side that are perfect for older or injured dogs. The set has two steps, so it’s perfect for pet stairs for dogs who don’t make enough steps to reach the bed, couch, or counter. The steps have non-slip rubber pads on the bottom to firmly grip various flooring surfaces.
The pet steps have a removable cover that can be machine-washed. This will make cleaning them after each use quicker and easier.
The "Made in USA Pet Steps/Stairs for Dogs & Cats" by Pet Studio might be a bit pricey, but it’s perfect for those who need something sturdy. Pets up to 15 pounds can use these steps with ease.
2. Pet Gear Easy Step II Pet Stairs
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Easy installation
- Removable carpet tread
- Pet-safe construction
- Solid support under all terrain
- Lightweight, assembled weight of only 14 pounds
- Suitable for small dogs and cats
- Long and a bit narrow
- Might not fit all cars
- Some dogs may not like the feel of the carpet
If your dog doesn’t want to use the stairs anymore or is having trouble going up or down the steps, this pet stairs is one of the best steps to get.
The step is easy to install, just unfold and screw the post to the bottom of a stair. Then place the pet stairs on the post and the dog can now use the steps with ease.
The post that comes with the pet stairs can be installed into your previous stairs. If your dog is afraid of trying to get up to the steps or can start to slip from the stairs; this is a nice safety precaution to take.
3. PetSafe CozyUp Folding Pet Steps
- Reasonable price
- Can also be used as a pet ramp
- Padded for pets – doesn’t scratch their feet
- Lightweight and portable
- Sturdy and durable
- Made of attractive and weather-resistant fabric
- Non-slip steps
- Steps can break over time
- Can be complicated to assemble
- Hard to fold and store away in small spaces once assembled
- Smaller dogs can fit through the folds
The PetSafe CozyUp Folding Pet Steps is not made specifically for Fido, but it’s one of the best dog ramps available. Sturdy, easy to use, and appropriate for pets of any size, shape or weight – from cats to larger dogs, too!
4. Petsfit Wooden Pet/Cat/Dog Stairs/Steps
In our opinion, the Petsfit Pet/Cat/Dog Stairs are a great option for a wide variety of animals. The steps are made out of wood and finished off with high-quality plastic. One reviewer we read, who has cats, said that the stairs stay together very well, even after the cats scratching it.
Some reviewers mentioned that these stairs seem a bit hefty to be used for every day. However, there are some reviewers who have pets who live with them every day (one cat and one puppy). In fact, the reviewer with the puppy said that they were more interested in sleeping than playing in them. However, she liked the fact that it gave her puppy the opportunity to be closer to her.
5. Zinus Step Comfort Pet Stairs/Pet Ramp/Pet Ladder
- Four lengths
- Comfortable 14” deep steps
- Perfect for large and medium-sized dogs
- Easy to assemble
- Non-slip step surface
- Microban antimicrobial protection
- The white color is a little too bright
- The surface could be a little more slip resistant
- Questionable sturdiness
The Zinus pet steps are solid, easy to assemble, and provide a lot of value for the price. I really appreciate that the steps are padded and deep-set for comfort. Dogs and cats both seem to enjoy them, and they’ve really taken a load off our pet’s leg muscles.
The steps are foldable and easy to store when they’re not in use. Plus, they’re easy to clean as well. If you’re considering getting a dog or cat, which also has a few mobility issues, these steps should definitely be on your list.
Acquiring a dog can be a wonderful and rewarding experience. However, it can also lead to a lot of health issues.
6. Pet Gear Free Standing Ramp
- Easy and safe way for pets to get up on the bed, couch, sofas and vehicles
- Gives pets a safe and secure feeling
- Can double as a pet bed
- Heavy-duty construction and rugged two-way zipper for ease of set-up
- Round edges and corners for safety, non-skid bottom
- Lightweight for easy storage and portability
- Dimensions: 18″L x 17″W x 18″H
- Weight: 8.2 pounds
- The plastic coating is thin, which could easily melt when used on bedding in summertime
- Sharp corners could hurt pets if not careful
- Has a strong odor when first taken out of the box
- Zipper sometimes gets stuck
This Pet Gear ramp for cats and dogs is high quality and can achieve a higher level of elevation. This product has a two-way zipper for easy assembly. The Pet Gear free standing ramp for cats and dogs can also function as a pet bed. This ramp has an approximate weight of 8.2 pounds.
The round edges and corners of this ramp for cats and dogs are safe and ensure no injury to your pet. This product is also lightweight for convenience, comfort and portability. This ramp is 18 inches long, 17 inches wide and has a height of 18 inches.
7. Pet Gear Easy Step III
If you have a doggy or small pet that can’t quite make it up the stairs, these Pet Gear Easy Steps are a fantastic alternative.
Would you like to clean your basement but you’re worried that your dog will fall accidentally down the stairs?
Would you like to plant a garden but you’re worried that your dog will start to dig and can’t follow you there?
8. Weebo Pets Smooth Steps Folding Leather Pet Stairs
- Sturdy and a good height
- Available for different dog sizes
- Good for small dogs
- Folds into two parts for easy storage
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space when folded
- Gentle on canines’ joints
- Has Leash Hooks at the Bottom for Mobility
- Not ideal for larger dogs like Labradors
- The plastic feet are a bit too extra
- The screws and nails are visible and unappealing
And Pets (Size: XX-Small, Fits A Dog Up to 10lbs)
The Weebo Pets Smooth Steps is a pet stairs that are strong, lightweight and portable; a dog staircase that would enhance the mobility of your best friend. It is available in small dog variety, which has a size that would fit a dog with 6.5 paws up to 10 lbs, and an XX-Small size, which fits a dog with 4.5 paws up to 7.5 lbs.
9. PetSafe Happy Ride Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp
- Lifetime guaranty
- It can act as a ramp for cats, small dogs and medium sized dogs
- The step prevents slipping and footing
- The step facilitate its users on getting their dog in the car
- It is lightweight and convenient to use
- It is easy to clean with a hose or by hand
- It is portable and comes with a convenient carrying case
- It is stable and durable
- It is made of plastic, thus, may be a bit slippery
- It may be a bit narrow for some dogs
- Does not have padding, thus, may hurt some dogs' paws
If you’re looking for a dog ramp to help your pet climb up into the car, then the PetSafe 25" Happy Ride Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp may be just right for you. This pet ramp has the capacity to support dogs up to 50 pounds.
It features a platform that you can use to place your pet’s crate or bed. It’s available in two sizes – the 12” and the 25”
10. Arf Pets Wood Dog Stairs
The Arf Pets steps are the perfect solution for a small or big dog that has mobility issues. It can be great for a dog that has back, knees, arthritis, hip problems, etc.
The steps come in two sizes – one for small dogs and one for large dogs, with the difference being the number of levels. They are very easy to assemble and can be disassembled to be stored away if needed.
Another great selling point is that the steps are light enough that any dog can step on them, even if they’re old/injured.
11. Majestic Pet Portable Pet Stairs
- Very sturdy, even on carpet
- Easy to assemble
- Come in 3 sizes – 18”, 30”, and 36”
- The biggest step is 25 x 12 inches
- Doesn’t have sharp edges
- All aluminum material
- Extra wide for large dogs
- Good value, coming with Free Shipping
- Made in the USA
- Good customer service with 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year product warranty
- Extra wide ramp is not suitable for cats
- Larger step may not be suitable for smaller dogs
- You may have to make some adjustments to fit your sofa
If you’re in need of a good dog step or stairs, then the Majestic Pet can fit your needs. This dog step/stairs is made from aluminum, has a dual-tube construction, and is fully padded with soft sherpa foam.
This dog ramp comes in three different sizes:
The new XXL dog steps/stairs from Majestic Pet is the biggest step they carry, measuring at 36 inches, with a length of 25 x 12 inches. They also have a smaller step of 30 x 12 inches and one that measures 18 x 12 inches.
12. Arf Pets Cat Step House
- Six colors available – black, brown, beige, blue, white, and grey
- Rails are sturdy and give a safe enough grip
- Wide enough for larger sized breeds
- Heavy duty plastic
- Easy to clean with just a wipe
- Slightly expensive
- Too tall for older pets; just scaling these might be an issue
Our best dog stairs and pet steps solution is the Arf Pets Cat Step House, if you’ve ever wondered what are the most popular dog steps today. These cute stairs were designed with your dog in mind. Built-in stairs allow you to scale onto your couch, bed, car, bathtub, kitchen countertop, toilet, or practically anywhere!
Compared to the first version, these pet stair features a wider design and a deeper structure. Overall, these dog steps for stairs are as functional as they are attractive. Installs in minutes with no tools.
These pet steps are perfect for large or medium sized dogs. It features a wide, multiple stair angles, and sturdy rails. Lightweight and fun to use, it’s great for exercising as well!
13. PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Pet Ramp
For dog lovers, finding a vehicle is one of the toughest challenges you can ever face.
The best dog steps and stairs relieve the stress associated with it by allowing you to get your pooch in and out of your vehicle so much easier.
This dog ramp is made of heavy-duty materials designed to support up to 75 pounds dogs. At just over 6 pounds it can be moved around easily and because it can be folded it can be stored very easily.
14. PetSafe CozyUp Pet Steps
15. PetSafe CozyUp Folding Wood Pet Stairs
- Great value for money
- High quality
- Outstanding customer service
- Doesn't take up much room
- Non-slip steps for extra safety
- Affordable price
- Small slots for the pets to step on
- Thin, lightweight plastic
- Will not tolerate significant weight on its upper steps
A thorough review of the features:
CosyUp Pet Stairs L-shaped Dog steps are an ideal piece of pet furniture for any dog or cat to use so that they can easily access anywhere he needs.
Constructed from high quality materials these stairs are portable and foldable. Needs to be assembled upon delivery with no tools required.
16. Flexzion Pet Stairs
- The sturdiness of this folding dog steps is perfect for animals up to 30k (66 pounds)
- The steps/stairs are best for dogs up to 7 inches tall at the hips
- It can be used indoors as well as outdoors – wherever you need
- Stairs are very easy to fold flat, and to fold up
- Because the stairs / steps are so lightweight and easy to move, this is ideal for pets who have difficulty on stairs or have problems with arthritis
- This dog stairs for indoor pets weight less than 5 pounds
- Another unique aspect of this step is that the only platform that will get dirty is the one that’s on the floor – so your carpet will stay clean!
- It comes in many colors, so you can choose one that matches your home
- The stairs / steps are made of high quality Polypropylene material, which ensures they will last for a long time
- The stairs / steps are considered by many pet owners to be the best dog stairs you can buy
As Well (White, 24.5 inches)
17. PetSafe Solvit Decorative Wood Pet Stairs
- Available in various colors to match your home decor
- Efficiently elevates pets for easier climbing
- Easy to set up and just as easy to store
- The older model is made from extremely thin boards
- It’s not designed with comfort in mind; however, this doesn’t affect performance
- Doesn’t have a non-slip backing – however, this isn’t much of a problem
Easy to Clean.
The PetSafe Solvit Decorative Wood Stair Step is one of the top-rated pet stairs available today – for their primary feature being their design quotient! If you own a vertically challenged pet then this pet stairs are for you – but its work is not limited just to cats!
The PetSafe Solvit Decorative Wood Pet Stairs is an ergonomically shaped pet stairs that helps pets to get on and off couches, beds, and other furniture with ease.
18. Delxo High Density Foam 3 Tier Pet Stairs,Comfy Micro Suede Pet Steps
- Hand carved from long-lasting durable foam
- Safe, comfortable and easy to clean
- Zippered removable cover is machine washable
- Anti-slip top and bottom
- Portable and convenient, works great for any home or vehicle
- Strong heavy duty steel frame
- Hand crafted with microsuede
- Incorporates a carpet like top
- Non-slip microsuade prevents slipping
- Sturdy and durable enough for the heaviest of dogs
It is quite bulky and needs a good deal of space. The stairs cannot be folded down.
19. Gen7Pets Natural Step Dog Ramp
If you have a dog that’s a bit older or can’t easily climb into the car, then a pet ramp or pet steps could be helpful. One of the most popular dog ramps is the Gen7Pets Natural Step with a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
The natural step is made from 16 gauge powder coated steel, so it’s durable and easy to clean.
It comes with 4 non-slip rubber feet, which gives added traction for your dog.
20. TOBBI Animals Pet Stairs
- The design is simple yet thoughtful
- Easy to assemble
- Can be used on stairs with half-height steps
- The mesh cover works double-duty – helping to keep pets comfortable and secure while containing messes
- The reinforced steel frame is sturdy and resilient.
Stairs with Mesh for Small Dogs Cats to Clean Snoozer or Pet Gear Kennel Crate, Medium or Large.
Large and Medium Dogs:This pet stairs are recommended for dogs weighing up to 60 lbs. Small Dogs:The stairs are perfect for pets weighing up to 30 lbs including cats and rabbits.
Unlike other portable dog stairs, the steps of TOBI are not only practical, but they are also functional. The rim on the steps is a nice touch as it will help anchor the steps in place.
21. Paws & Pals Dog Stairs
- Staircase is large enough to accommodate taller dogs – the height is approx. 17-inch which is comfortable for an appropriately-sized bed
- Stairs have textured, anti-slip feet that won’t slide across the floor
- Step-Ladder is non-skid which means you don’t have to worry about dogs or cats losing their footing and falling off
- Constructed from lightweight, but sturdy materials, the staircase can support up to 150 pounds
- The price is very affordable
- Some stairs may arrive damaged with the paint already scratched off
- The first step is only big enough for medium-sized dogs
- Reviewers have complained that the Stairs squeak when stepped on.
If you’re looking for portable and affordable dog steps for your furry friend then check out this product.
Typically, dog steps come in a set of two to achieve a reasonable height for your pet. The steps are made from sturdy metal and molded plastic, making them very sturdy.
The steps are ideal for small, medium, and large sized dogs as the steps have a height adjustment of 17”. The wide-stair design also prevents older dogs experiencing issues like hip pain or back strain.
22. Internet's Best Small Adjustable Pet Ramp
- Durable and lightweight
- Easy setup and folds flat for storage
- Adjusts from 15 to 19 inches
- Compatible with all vehicles
- Simple, classic black color
- Too small for dogs over 6 pounds
- Doesn't allow enough support for large dogs
- Some dogs aren't smart enough to use steps
The second most important rule besides never go anywhere without your owner is to use the stairs if they’re there. Some dogs don’t quite get the concept that they can use the stair steps to reach the couch or the bed instead of jumping up.
You can train your dog to use these steps using treats and patience.
Reviews are consistently positive for this dog ramp, averaging 4.4 out of 5 stars.
23. Paws & Pals Auto Dog Ramp Supports up to 150Lbs
- Easy to maneuver
- Easy to store
- Adjustable height
- Only very small dogs can use this
- Not adjustable in length
Long and 24 Inches Wide for Dogs, as Seen on TV.
This dog ramp weighs in at 6.5 lbs, so it can be easily maneuvered by you throughout your house or car. It’s only a little over an inch thick and 24 inches wide, so any pet will be able to use it.
We love how easily these fold down, especially when they do not have to be used often. In addition to this, it’s lightweight, so you can easily store it in your trunk or under a bed.
24. Pet Gear Easy Step III Pet Stairs
This 71-inch dog stairs and steps are designed for medium to extra-large breeds. A great feature is the foldability, which makes it super easy and space-efficient to store. Like the Pet Gear Extra Wide Dog Stairs, the Easy Step III Pet Stairs come with a removable ramp, making it easy to get your dog in and out of high vehicles.
The steps are wide enough for dogs to walk up comfortably, and help dogs who have hip problems or arthritis. The stairs are made of durable plastic, which gives you comfort knowing your dog will be safe, especially when they are jumping on and off the vehicle.
Due to its lightweight material, the stairs are easy to carry around when travelling. This is a great feature especially for people with smaller vehicles/trunks. With a reasonable price and various sizes, this Pet Gear Easy Step III is a highly praised product among pet owners.
25. Animal Planet Wooden Pet Stairs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best dog stairs?
Dog Stairs are devices that are used by pet owners to help their dog to go higher up. Pet owners use these steps to help their dogs to get into cabs, beds, cars, and other places.
Dog stairs are the items that can help your dogs to reach the places they required swiftly and easily. They have reliable quality and they are durable enough.
Are stairs or a ramp better for dogs?
If a senior or disabled dog needs extra help getting up and down steps, a ramp is the perfect solution. Dogs love ramps, because they are super easy to use.
Stairs, especially for senior dogs, can be complicated to understand. It can take some time for them to learn where to place their paws, and then to apply pressure.
A ramp is all about simplicity: the dog goes up, and down, and that is it. No sudden turns or stops. Ramps are great if you are looking for a quick answer to the problem.
Each has its advantages and disadvantages, but stairs are typically more permanent and can fit in just about any space. The real disadvantage to stairs is that older dogs can get injured.
Dogs with more serious joint problems will have problems with stairs because they will not have the support they need. This can result in a fall that will hurt the joints even more.
What are the best pet steps?
Learn the full low-down on the best pet steps. Compare the best pet steps from all categories in this pet steps review. Learn about the best pet stairs and dog steps to help your four-legged friends easily reach the bed and other high up places.
Dog steps are a popular pet accessory to assist in helping your pet get up on taller surfaces like the couch or the bed or to keep them fit by making them climb instead of using the elevator! Tired of your dog staring down at you while you eat? That won't be a problem once you've gotten an adjustable dog step for your furry friend!
For large dogs, getting onto a regular bed can be difficult and for small dogs, even getting onto the couch can be a challenge. Pet steps often consist of two to three treads and can also be used for cats.
How bad are stairs for dogs?
Stairs can be a problem for any type of pet. Dogs especially tend to have a difficult time climbing up and down the stairs, and the issue is only compounded if they are not spry. Older dogs have a hard time getting around the house, especially if they have trouble moving around.
There are a few ways to solve this problem. One is to buy a dog ramp for the stairs, which will help your pet ascend and descend the stairs with ease. Dog steps are also available for those who do not want to make a significant investment. A dog ramp for stairs are an excellent investment as it helps your pet prevent injuries and joint pain by helping them move up and down the stairs.
Another solution is to use an outdoor stair barrier that can be best dog stairs for carpet. This prevents your pet from getting to the stairs, and it also acts as a safety barrier so that your pet can’t fall down the stairs.
While dog steps may not seem like a necessity if your small dog or dog with joint problems can still jump up onto your bed or couch, they make life a little easier for many dogs. It can be tough for dogs with joint problems to jump up, especially onto high surfaces. Dog steps for couch can help your dog more easily get onto your bed or couch and reduce pain and suffering for your pup.
|"Made in USA Pet Steps/Stairs||Best Overall|
|Zinus Step Comfort Pet Stairs/Pet Ramp/Pet Ladder||Budget Pick|
|PetSafe Solvit Decorative Wood Pet Stairs||Upgrade Pick|