Many dog owners take their pets to a kennel or a trusted friend or relative, but what if you have options? Just because your dog is stuck at home doesn’t mean that they aren’t missing you and wishing they could be there.
|Chuckit! Travel Dog Bed||Best Overall|
|MidWest Homes||Budget Pick|
|PupSaver Black White Houndstooth||Upgrade Pick|
1. Chuckit! Travel Dog Bed
- Extremely easy to use
- No assembly required
- Large enough to accommodate most dogs
- Is very floppy and would be better with more filling
- The zippers seem flimsy for a larger dog
Great for the pups that constantly want to travel with us! I put this bed in my SUV and he goes to sleep every time. He loves being in the backseat during our drives and this lets him be rewarded for that. Easy quality no fuss dog bed.
We have had the medium size of this bed for over 2 years now and it is still going strong. My dog uses it a handful of times a week and absolutely loves it. We leave it in the back of our Honda SUV, and when she is tired and hot from an adventure she plops down on it for a snooze. It rolls up nicely to fit in a backpack when we are backpacking. It can be sometimes a bit loud or crinkly when she is settling in, but otherwise it has been great for all purposes. The fabric is still in perfect condition, it seems it is made of a durable and water resistant material. We leave it outside a lot, and it seems pretty resistant to the sun and rain. Overall this bed hasstood the test of time and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a decent, entry level travel dog bed.
2. AmazonBasics Cooling Elevated Pet Bed
- 3 inches of memory foam for comfort, support, and comfort
- Portable, lightweight, and easy to clean (just remove the cover)
- The cover is machine washable and has an antimicrobial coating that repels odor, mold, and mildew
- Air flow technology cools your pet’s bed for them to enjoy restful sleep
- For larger dogs
- Good value
- It’s a low profile bed so you can still access the sides of other dog beds in the crate
- Somewhat small size
- The bottom portion is a little firm
- Not suitable for multi-pet households
- Bumps and pressure points are not padded
Sleeping. With this cooling dog bed, it’s easy to keep your pet’s bed clean and smelling fresh.
The elevated dog bed is has good under-bed ventilation, absorbent micro-suede fabric, an antimicrobial.
3. HDP Elevated Napper Cot Space Saver Pet Bed
- Maybe the best dog travel bed overall
- Great for smaller dogs
- Comes in different size options
- Covers are removable and machine washable
- Overall sturdy build
- Affordable price
Thanks to its versatility, this elevated dog bed can be used in a wide range of places – in your home, in the car, outside, RV or on a plane. With its 3/4 inch foam mat, it’ll keep your dog comfy, even when you’re travelling.
4. Hero Dog Dog Bed Mat Crate Pad Anti Slip Mattress Washable
- Durable, high-quality materials
- Easy to clean
- Good value for money
- Easy to store
- Ideal for a variety of dog breeds
- Lid doesn’t have extra padding
- A bit thinner than expected
- Inner layer is punctured easily
If you’re the proud owner of a dog, then you’ve probably already realized, despite their best efforts. It’s no easy task to find a suitable dog bed! You want something that not only compliments your home, but also something you know will keep your furry friend safe at all times.
At Review & Advisor, we’ve gathered a list of dog beds that have garnered the most positive reviews by customers. This is to help you make the most informed decision possible.
We understand that you may already have your in-depth research (otherwise you wouldn’t be at this point!), but we believe that the pros and cons we’ve listed above, along with the reviews of the actual customers who have purchased the product. Will provide you with some valuable insight!
5. Floppy Dawg Just Chillin' Elevated Dog Bed. Medium and Large Size Dog Cots in a Variety of Colors. Removable Canopy. Used as an Indoor or Outdoor Dog Bed. Lightweight and Portable. Chill in Style.
Our top pick is the Just Chillin’ Elevated Dog Bed for a variety of reasons. First and foremost is that it’s not made from cheap plastic or fabric.
It’s sturdily made from 600d PVC and 210D Oxford thread. It’s also made from 100% cotton mesh, which means that it doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals or toxic substances. It can be easily removed and hand-washed.
The raised bottom portion of the bed can be removed if you don’t intend on using it. If you’ve got a small dog then the ‘Elevated Bumpers’ will support your baby as he rests.
6. Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed
- Easy to clean
- Designed for travel, ideal for pets of all sizes
- Relieves pressure points for a more comfortable ride
- Laid on top of a dog carrier, this pet bed effectively absorbs the noise your dog sometimes makes in transit and is also a perfect spot for him to snooze on
- Light-weight, easy to carry around
- Dryer safe, and comes in several colors
- Provides a comfortable resting place for your pet
- The foam tends to compress over time
- Some owners complained that the cover is quite thin, so it’s not as durable
- Also, the seams are a bit lacking
This is a memory foam pad for your dog, that is slightly elevated from the hard ground for a more comfortable riding experience. And because it’s water-resistant, it’s an essential aspect in helping things to stay clean.
As far as the quality of the memory foam is concerned, it’s high density, meaning you can be assured of the comfort and the support that it gives your dog.
7. Lightspeed Outdoors Self Inflating Fleece Top Cover Travel Dog Bed
- Perfect for dog lovers and dog owners who travel a lot
- Comes with a removable fleece top cover, allowing you to wash it separately or bring it on picnics
- It’s available in two sizes, small and medium
- The bed is self-inflating, so you won’t have to deal with it piling up and creating extra space
- The bed is incredibly comfortable for both big and small breeds
- Also comes with a nylon base that’s soft to the touch and sounds
- It has a safety valve installed, which prevents over-inflation
- The nylon is water and tear-resistant
- Comes with a soft embroidered pillow
- The bed is machine-washable
- The bed is a bit heavy as it can hold up to 150 pounds
- It’s ideal for use indoors
| Medium, Chocolate.
The Lightspeed Outdoors Self Inflating Fleece Top Cover Travel Dog Bed is a great choice for pet owners who want all the comforts of home when they travel.
8. Mora Pets Ultra Soft Pet
- Available in 4 sizes from small to extra large
- Suitable for dogs (and cats) weighing up to 80 lbs
- The fluffier design makes the bed extra warm and cozy
- The quality polyester covering is machine-washable
- The solid-stitching means that it’s highly durable
- Non-slip backing
- The reversible design makes it a great value for money
- It’s also very lightweight
- It’s made from high-quality materials designed to last for years
- There’s a removable cover so that it’s easy to clean
- The straps may be a bit too short for some
- Some buyers aren’t satisfied with the quality of this bed, but the majority are perfectly happy with it
Blanket | Non-Slip.
This Mora Pets Ultra Soft Pet Bed is a travel bed that’s perfectly suited for trips by car, by plane, or when you go camping or hiking with your beloved animal.
9. A4Pet Lookout Dog Booster Car Seat/Pet Bed at Home
While not traditional, this dog car bed is something your pet will surely enjoy regardless of the weather. The A4Pet Lookout is proof that you don’t need to spend a ton of money on a fancy dog bed to make your dog comfortable.
The Lookout bed is something between a car seat and a dog bed. The flaps on the front and rear of the bed act as a form of protection for your four-legged friend when you’re driving.
The fabric is strong, sturdy and durable. The seams are well reinforced and can support the weight of an adult dog.
10. PetSafe Happy Ride Car Cuddler
- Has a 40lbs carrying capacity
- Has a Velcro strap and a belt to securely attach the seat covers to your car
- Made from waterproof Oxford material
- Reversible, so you can choose from grey or tan
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Great for both small and large dogs
- Very comfortable for your dog
- Can be easily folded for storage
- Not very comfortable for humans
- Can have an odor if you don’t wash it often enough
- Does not come with a storage bag
- Can’t fit vehicles with bucket seats or bench seats, only bucket seats
Auto Seat Cover for Pets and Their Lost Suits and Jackets.
Compared to other dog car seat covers, the PetSafe Happy Ride is the best option for dogs that shed a lot. It’s covered in a soft and very durable Oxford material that repels water and dirt, making it much easier to clean and to maintain.
It’s also one of the most comfortable dog car seat covers, no matter which size your dog is or how long your trips are. The cover can also fit all bucket seats, which is great if you’re not sure what type of car you’re getting.
11. MidWest Homes
36"W x 23"D x 6"H, 20”L.
12. RUFFWEAR – Highlands Dog Pad
- Easy to clean – you can hose it off or in the washing machine
- Provides a comfortable place for your dog to rest, even when outdoors
- The internal aluminum frame will keep it cool in the warmer months and will help to elevate your pup
- Some dogs don’t like laying on the top material (polyester), but according to some of the reviews if you have it in the house for a while, your pup will get accustomed to it
- The crate pad is reversible, which means that if one side gets dirty, you can flip it over and have a clean side
- It’s recommended by vets as a good orthopedic support pad for older dogs
- The high loft fleece absorbs shock and is easy to vacuum or just shake off
- Not a great fit for dogs that like to chew
- The solid plastic frame and the black material makes it difficult to find a replacement pad if yours gets dirty or ripped
- The dog bed is cold on the outside during winter time
13. Cheerhunting Outdoor Dog Bed 43”x26”
- Very durable
- The mat is large and spacious
- The mat’s design is comfortable for pets
- Great for camping and hiking trips
- The carrying handle makes it easy to carry
- When unrolled the mat is very large
- Comes with storage pouch (this piece is removable)
- There’s a water-resistant material on the mat to prevent mold and bacteria growth
The Cheerhunting travel bed is a high quality dog travel bed, intended for pet’s comfort and safety on camping trips, hikes, road trips, and air travel or simply for a fully-fledged indoor pet bed.
Cheerhunting dog travel bed is a spacious, comfortable and a lightweight portable dog travel bed that has superior quality on the trip or a sleepover.
This dog bed comes with a removable storage pouch where you can store a small miscellaneous items or accessories for your dog, as a gift you can surprise someone.
14. K&H PET PRODUCTS Bucket Booster Pet Seat
First and foremost, because of it’s name, it should be noted that the K&H Bucket Booster is a “bucket” type of car seat that goes onto the back seat of most cars. What’s nice about this bucket is that it’s extremely durable and will prevent your pet from choking. Plus, the bed is designed to fit those large could dogs, some weighing as much as 80 pounds and larger.
15. PupSaver Black White Houndstooth
- Safe and lightweight for travel
- Durable yet comfortable
- Breathable design with mesh sides
- Cleanable and easy to maintain
- Just the right size
- Keeps your dog cool
- Great cuddling/snuggling material
- Reasonable price
- Sizing can be a little bit problematic. Some dog beds are too small for most dogs
- Some dogs may be sensitive to the material
Our top choice is the PupSaver Black White Houndstooth – Original Size for Dogs Up to 30 Lbs.
This product offers a number of solutions that are intended to make your pet’s transportation a whole lot easier.
It’s comfortable, breathable, portable, and durable – making it ideal for travel, camping, and dogs who love car rides.
16. Coleman Large Dog Bed
Foldable Portable Pet Bed with Water Resistant Fabric, Large, 18-Inch, Beige.
This travel dog bed from Coleman is a great choice when you want to take your pet with you on your travels. It features spacious sleeping areas that are fully padded for added comfort.
It’s made from a heavy-duty, water-repellent fabric that will muffle outside noises and keep your dog warm and cozy. The bed is machine washable and easy to wipe clean after use, making it ideal for pets that shed a lot.
17. K&H Pet Products Original Pet Cot
- Available in two colors; Gray, and Wine.
- Very comfortable and extremely durable.
- Easy to clean (just wipe down with a damp cloth).
- Promotes stress-free travel for your dog.
- Great back support, provides more comfort than “flat” beds.
- Non-skid, non-scratch pads keep beds in place.
- Includes a waterproof bottom, for easy cleaning.
- The self-warming feature makes it 5 to 8 degrees warmer than the core body temperature.
- Excellent for elderly dogs.
- May be too large for smaller dogs.
Considering that this dog bed is packed with features, it is understandably more expensive than other models. However, given its comfort and durability, you might find that it is worth the price.
The great thing about this dog cot is that it allows you to transport your dog comfortably. Some dogs will be more comfortable in their own bed, while others will enjoy traveling with you. This bed will give them the best of both.
18. Doggie World Dog Car Seat Cover
- Weatherproof (rain, snow, slush, mud, sand)
- Very light and compact for easy storage (when not in use)
- Soft fabric for a breather and comfortable ride for your dog
- Car seat cover designed for both cars and trucks/SUVs and sofas
- Reinforced with D-ring to clip car seat belt (for safety reasons)
- Has extra side flaps for better protection against the elements
- Not very high quality
- Instructions is difficult to understand
- The product is prone to scratching
- Not very large
- May not fit some car/vehicle seats well (depends on the vehicle)
The Doggie World dog carrier is a big hit with most dog owners and particularly the elderly who are struggling to carry their dogs around. The Doggie World Bed Cover is a lightweight and durable carrier which means your pet can enjoy a safe and comfortable travel.
19. PETMAKER Roll Up Travel Portable Dog Bed
Let’s face it: sometimes you just need to bring Fido with you on a trip and a car can’t be left on its own.
Fido needs to be comfortable: but he’s also going to drool and shed. Everything you put in the car just ends up covered in dog hair or worse. Extended travels are the worst for this.
But, there is a solution: the Petmaker Roll up Dog Bed. This bed is a portable dog bed that’s really easy to pop in and out of your car.
20. EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate
- Easy to fold up and move around
- Includes convenient bag
- Open design helps dogs feel safer
- Available in multiple sizes
- Attractive aesthetics
- This is a good pick for dogs that haven’t been trained to not chew
- Its portability makes it a convenient option for traveling and camping
- Dogs that are crate trained will get bored
- Startling sounds could alarm some dogs
- Cats might feel cramped in this box
- Not for dogs that are trained to chew or bite
Portable Bag Included.
Despite its limitations, the EliteField soft crate is still a good pick for some dog owners.
This is an ideal soft sided dog crate especially for indoor use.
21. SUPERJARE XLarge Dog Cot
Our top pick for the best dog travel beds is this dog cot from SUPERJARE. This is a scratch- and chew-proof dog kennel which is perfect if you want your dog to enjoy some comfort in the car without causing trouble for other passengers.
The kennel comes fully assembled. All you need to do is attach a cover and you’re good to go. It’s easy to take apart for cleaning as well, and there are no zip ties involved.
The cot is made from sturdy steel. It’s raised off the rear and sides, which means that it offers great ventilation. It’s an ideal choice for medium to large sized dogs.
22. GigaTent Elevated Pet Cot
- Fit well on most vehicles
- Easy to clean
- Great ventilation and ventilation
- Doesn’t take much space in the car
- May not fit on very small cars
- Depending on the age and size of your dog, it may be too small
- Not very easy to set-up
- Storage space can be an issue when folded
Our top pick is the GigaTent Elevated Pet Cot with Steel Frame, which has over 4600 reviews on Amazon. Made of high quality canvas cotton fabric, it has air holes for ventilation and makes an excellent resting place for your pet.
Another product that we found that seemed to be a favorite amongst dog owners is the Snoozer Fold N Go Dog Ramp.
The GigaTent elevated dog bed for car is designed for dogs that have back issues, are injured, recovering from surgery, or large breed dogs who can’t always get in and out of a vehicle on their own. It is also perfect for senior friendly dogs!
23. Simmons Beautyrest Thera Bed Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed and Kennel / Crate Mat
- Perfect for dogs with joint pain
- Beautyrest memory foam is very comfortable
- Orthopedic support is good for your dog’s joints
- Back option is great for older dogs
- 5-inch foam should be comfortable for even huge dogs
24. INVENHO Dog Bed Comfortable Soft Crate Pad Anti-Slip Washable Removable Cover Dog Crate Pad
Dog traveling beds can be a challenge to find. That’s why in this review, we’ve decided to showcase the best dog travel beds available in the market as they’re not something you’d purchase very often.
We’ll be looking at the INVENHO Dog Bed, the Snoozer Lookout, and also the PetBed4Less Bed.
Starting off with the INVENHO Dog Bed. This bed is designed with a plush exterior and a soft cushion interior. It’s made out of polyester cover and comes in 9 colors. The bed can hold up to 50 lbs.
The criteria we used to review dog travel beds was: comfort, ease of use, ease of maintenance, durability, and value. We did a lot of research and asked the opinions of the best dog professionals, and after further analysis we were able to refine our criteria even further and to come up with the ranking. We hope that you can appreciate the excellent products highlighted here and take the necessary steps in getting the right dog travel bed.
|Chuckit! Travel Dog Bed||Best Overall|
|MidWest Homes||Budget Pick|
|PupSaver Black White Houndstooth||Upgrade Pick|