It’s 7:00 PM. The kids are still at school. The dog has been fed, let outside, and has been played with. The dishes are washed. You are tired, but the house is clean and quiet. It’s the perfect opportunity to unpack your brand new electronic cat toy and see if your feline companion will show an interest.
Of course, you could try playing with it yourself, but you’ll probably find it much more entertaining to watch your cat jump, run, and pounce around as they try to figure out what you just bought.
|SmartyKat Feather Whirl Electronic Motion Ball Cat Toy||Best Overall|
|SmartyKat, Crazy Cruiser||Budget Pick|
1. SmartyKat Feather Whirl Electronic Motion Ball Cat Toy
- Helps to play and interact with your cat
- Great way to train your cat to do tricks
- Perfect for cats that can’t play outside
- Encourages healthy exercise
- No batteries required
- Made from a durable and safe material
- Small and lightweight ball is easy to hide and retrieve
- Available in a pack of two
- Handy on/off switch to prevent the ball from being turned on by accident
- Awesome bright colors
- It’s not your average ball “ it’ll take your cat a while to figure this out
- The ball is NOT flatterable … which could make it unsuitable for kittens
- The instructions aren’t very clear
2. Zenes Cat Toys
These little toys will give your cat plenty of fun – and exercise too. The flutter bird toy comes with a replacement wand of 3 extra flutter birds. It’s also super simple to clean – just run it under the tap.
It really is a great novelty toy, designed to be lightweight given that it’s intended to be thrown around by your cat.
The downside is that the toy is quite small. So you may want to size up if you’re thinking of buying this for a larger cat.
3. SmartyKat Hot Pursuit Cat Toy Concealed Motion Toy
- High-tech fun for the feline in your household
- Catnip included in the package for added enticement
- Catnip and batteries included
- Easy to operate
- 3 modes to adjust for the level of difficulty
- Stylish and modern design
- Endless entertainment
- SmartyKat built a big fan-base with their laser cat toys, but their hot pursuit cat toy just takes it to a whole new level.
- The Smartykat Hot Pursuit Cat Toy Concealed Motion is ready to do battle with a pair of inquisitive kitties. It features three different speeds to keep your feline family occupied
4. Friends Forever Interactive Laser Cat Toy
- “A great toy for exercise, fun, and training your pet cat!”
- “Good fun for cats and owners!”
- “Passed the test! My cats and I love it!”
- “Nothing bad to say …”
- “Lighter laser beam than expected”
- “Takes 3 AAA batteries”
The Friends Forever Interactive Cat Toy is ideal for “cool cats” who want to play around with a cool laser pointer. The device has a variety of 3 speed modes; low, medium, and high.
The device is simple to use. Once you set it, it will automatically rotate in 360 degrees and the beam will bounce off the walls and floors, making your kitty feel like an around-the-world traveler.
5. HEXBUG Deluxe Nano Cat Toy Pack Plus Remote Control
This cat toy is full of possibilities. Not only can you use it as an ordinary cat toy, but you can also use it with the remote control, providing your cat even more fun at your fingertips.
The toy itself has wheels and rolls around with a realistic back and forth motion. It can even turn left and right, all at your command thanks to the remote control.
The toy also has a spinning disc that resembles a cat’s tail. This adds another dimension to your cat’s playtime.
6. Pawaboo Cat Toy
- Automatic, quiet motor
- Warm and vibration, AA batteries included with the controller
- Provides exercise and mental stimulation
- Designed for cats ages 6 months and older
- Option of turning vibration on/off
- Easy to maintain, inexpensive to ship
- Fun and engaging
- Considerate design: simple to assemble, easy to change batteries
- Catnip included
- Too fast for kittens
- Not suited for outdoor use
- Suction cups can easily pop off
- Doesn’t have a light indicator to show when the batteries are running low
The Pawaboo Cat Toy with Running Mouse is a high-quality, automatic electronic cat toy suitable for kittens and cats of all ages.
If you’re looking for a durable and high-quality cat toy that will keep your furry friend occupied and entertained for hours on end, then the Pawaboo is the perfect choice. Designed to challenge your cat mentally and physically, the running mouse will quickly become one of your cat’s favorite toys.
7. PetFusion Ambush Interactive Electronic Cat Toy
- 12-month repair or replacement warranty
- Interactive mode entices your cat to keep coming back for more
- Play modes: automated feather movement
- Automatic random movement of feather
- Smart mode, allows owner to take full control of
- Using a remote control that comes with a 100 ft range
- Batteries are included – catnip is not!
- Environmentally friendly batteries
- The feathers are replaceable
- Sturdy and safe design
- Doesn’t come with multiple feather options – regular, fish, and without
- Remote is not a color LCD screen display
- Feathers may not have enough weight to the real ones
For More Information, T
There’s no doubt that cats love to play and pounce on small objects that are attached to strings. They also like cat toys that seem to chase and pounce on them. And that is why you should consider the PetFusion Ambush Interactive Electronic Cat Toy with Rotating Feather.
8. DADYPET Cat Laser Toy
- Has a 1-year warranty
- Perfect for cats
- Provides your pet with plenty of exercise
- Keeps your pet entertained for hours
- Only available in one color
- Manufacturers claim that this toy will rotate over 1.5 hours, providing plenty of time for your cat to enjoy it. However, the rotation may be slow enough to allow your cat to focus and catch the laser easily.
- On/Off switch makes a clicking noise that some cats don’t like
- Some users reported that it can take a bit longer (20 minutes or so) for cats to get used to the toy. They’ll most likely run away from it the first couple of days.
If you want to give your cat an exercise session without forcing it to go out in the cold, then this interactive feather toy might just be what you’re looking for. DADYPET cat laser toy is designed for indoor cats and dogs. It’s completely battery-operated so there’s no need to worry about the weather. While there’s no guarantee that it’ll turn your cat into an outdoor-loving cat, it’s considerably cheaper than a vet trip that will do the same thing.
9. Pet Zone Fly By Spinner Butterfly Cat Toy
- The 2 games with 3 modes combined with 2 speeds makes this more than just a simple laser pointer
- The butterfly is super lightweight and very durable
- The 2 AAA batteries are included
- It’s just a great value for money
- The butterfly is very soft, so it won’t harm your cat
- The choice of colors is very appealing
- It’s designed mostly for cats (will also work on dogs)
- The plastic is a bit flimsy
This interactive cat toy will keep your cat busy for a long time. It has a maximum play time of 2 hours per charge, so you can rest assured you won’t need to charge it all the time.
What’s great about this toy is that the motion detector is capable of detecting your cat from up to 6ft away.
The toy will rotate when your cat is near it, so it acts as a visual treat for your cat. As your cat gets used to the toy, you can turn the motion strength from 1 to 10.
10. SereneLife Automatic Cat Laser Toy
- Automatic operation and manual button for safety
- Lures your pet with the laser dot for interactive fun
- Fully adjustable speed
- Compatible with 4 LR44 batteries (included)
- 2 Year Guarantee
- Free UK Shipping & Free Tracking Number
- Some complaints of one of the allen screws falling out
- Some users report one package doesn't work and they receive a replacement. Other reviews say the toy has no sound
- One review says that the red dot dances around the room & not just inside the device
If you have ever wondered what is the best gift that you can buy somebody, you just got your answer. If your cat needs entertainment while you are away, it just got its answer as well. The SereneLife Automatic Cat Laser Toy is a brilliant gift for any occasion. Your cat will thank you for it! It has a number of qualities and features that make it an original cat toy.
It will take some time before your cat realizes that the red dot that is moving around the room is its own reflection on the wall, floor, ceiling, or any horizontal flat surface. The smart teaser has an automatic sensor that will activate it when the cat enters the room and a manual button that can be used at will.
11. PetSafe Electronic Cat Toys
This automatic cat toy by PetSafe is a motion-activated toy with an automatic infrared detection. It’s a combination of a bird feeder and a mouse, which makes it Interactive Ambush fun for cats.
A bird feeder with a mouse is a new and unique concept so that it can actually be used with real bird seed and mice. It also uses bright LEDs and automatic infrared detection to bring your kitten or cat some motion-activated fun.
In the bird feeder section, the user can place bird seed and activate the infrared sensor. A motor will then shake the tube located under the bird seed which will encourage your cat to hunt.
12. PetSafe Bolt
- Adapts to 4 levels of use
- Provides positive feedback
- Attractive and durable design
- Good for both indoor and outdoor use
- Can be controlled through a hand-held remote
- A variety of activities
- Good for small and medium sized pets
- Stimulates natural instincts
- Encourages exercise and mental activity
- Comes with batteries as well as a one-year warranty
- Too distracting for some cats
- Not ideal for younger cats
- Not suitable for cats with a pacifier type of personality
- You need to train your cat to get the most out of it
- Not ideal for those who have carpeted floors
Pets Love It!
Looking for a cat toy that combines the fun of laser beam chasing with all the speed-and-capture excitement of real-life hunting?
Bolt is a innovative new interactive pet toy from PetSafe that gives your cat an innovative new laser-beam chasing experience.
13. SmartyKat Electronic Sound
- Batteries included
- Made from quality materials
- Very entertaining, and cats seem to love them
- Fun variety of cat toys
- Interactive, with multiple moving parts
- Bright colors
- Not suitable for aggressive cats
- Some of the toys only last a few weeks.
- Some find they are too delicate for young kittens
- Toys designed for use with small kittens and cats under 6 months
Kittens are energetic little creatures who need exercise. Whether they are indoor or outdoor cats, indoor cats in particular need ways to keep them active and entertained. An indoor cat does not have the vast array of entertainment options that an outdoor cat has, so they must have toys to keep them active.
Kittens love to pounce, attack, swat, bite and chase. If they don’t get enough of that when they are young, they can easily turn into indoor cats who will find their own ways to entertain themselves, often with less than hilarious consequences.
14. Petlinks Electronic Motion Cat Toys
The Petlinks electronic motion cat toy offers two different styles, letting you choose between two animated mice.
Both mice are equipped with high-intensity, moving pupils and vibrating ears. Proprietary rotating motors activate a unique eye movement mechanism loved by felines. 1000-hour lifespan batteries included.
The fact that these two mice – move their heads, eyes, and ears – truly makes them what you’d imagine a cat toy should be.
- Can be monitored using the app, or directly through the webcam
- Video quality on par with some of the more expensive products
- Has LED lights around the camera
- Has a laser toy
- It’s a great substitute for a regular webcam
- Easy to use
- The interactive laser toy can be a bit too much for very young kittens
- Some parts are plastic and not very sturdy
- The software misses sensitivity (such as sound detection)
- There’s no integration with IFTTT
- Using it beyond 50 feet away would drain the battery quickly
The PetCube Play is a very fun pet camera that also doubles as an interactive laser toy. If you want to provide your cat with the same kind of distraction as cat videos, but in real life, then the PetCube Play is worth considering.
With the PetCube Play, you can watch your cat in real-time through an app on your phone or view the video through a webpage. The video quality that you’ll get on your smartphone is pretty close to 720p. You can adjust the video quality for when you are using the web page.
16. Yofun Interactive Laser Cat Toy
- Affordable price especially when you take the quality into consideration
- Multiple modes of play; the toy randomly switches between them, which keeps the toy from getting boring
- fun for multiple pets
- Easy to assemble; comes with detailed instructions
- Designed with a lightweight ball that holds enough treats for your furry friends
- Sensors work well with dry food
- You can customize the settings
- Easy to clean
- Easy to maintain
- The toy is a good height; cats don’t miss it
- The toy can pretend to run out of treats instead of just saying that it has
- The toy will only take in dry food/treats and not wet
- Takes a few days for cats to get used to it
- Late night active cats won’t work well with it
17. SmartyKat, Crazy Cruiser
- Cats love the crazy tentacle ears
- Fun games engage both you and your cat – the more cats that play, the more active they get
- Easy to use and fun to see
- Controlled easily by a single switch
- Batteries included, no extra charge for batteries
- Attractive, long lasting, and easy to use
- A stimulating toy for both you and your cat
- Great toy for senior kitties with arthritis
- Promotes exercise and play time
- Not suitable for cats that like to chew
- Can be tricky to put new batteries in
- May be hard for younger children to use
- Cat enjoys it, owner not so much
The Crazy Cruiser by SmartyKat is very attractive and has a very fun toy for your cat. It is a motorized cat toy that makes little crinkle noises and makes a ‘buzzing’ sound. What is most attractive to your cat about this toy is the funny little figure attached.
This toy will encourage your cat to play by itself and will keep it busy with hours of amusement. It is battery operated by 3 AA batteries. Batteries are included with your purchase.
18. FIRIK Cat Toy 2 in 1 USB Charged Automatic Rotating Light Exercise Chaser Toy and Interactive Feather Toy
- * Great durability
- comes with a 90-day money back guarantee
- * No batteries included
- requires 4 x LR44 batteries
If you want to build a relationship with your pet cat and make it a part of your family, then the FIRIK Cat Toy 2 in 1 USB charged rotating light egg should be your choice. FIRIK Cat Toy is a perfect interactive toy that will keep your kitty busy and happy. It will also give you an opportunity to build a relationship with your cat. It’s a great toy for young cats and old ones too. This toy has a feather tickler and will change into an LED light when used to attract cats. The rotating egg has a LCD charger adapter that is 100-240V compatible meaning it can be used anywhere in the USA. The cat toy is flawless and can be changed to a powerful flashlight so that you can play with your cat in the night. There is an auto-timer feature as well. Cats love the plastic material and the feathers. The packing also includes a user manual.
19. Petronics Mousr Interactive Robotic cat Toy
- Almost half the price of the competition – high value for the money
- Uses a smart approach to control by using the app
- Automatic mode switches based on user preferences
- Built-in reactions by raising its leg, shaking its head, and wagging its tail
- Keeps your pet engaged by stimulating their natural instincts
- A bit noisy when playing
- Battery life depends on usage
One of the best cat products of 2017 is Petronics’ Mousr, ranked as the best cat toy for cats of all ages.
Petronics Mousr is exactly what the name implies – an interactive robotic critter that will literally have your cat purring with delight.
Not only will it have the cat satisfy the cat’s natural hunting instincts, but it will also keep the cat entertained by playing alone – just like having another cat in the house!
20. WINGPET Interactive Cat Feather Toys, Electronic Vibrating Tumbler Ball with Sound and Dispenser Treats for Cats Kitten(2 Colors)
When it comes to LED lights, these ones are absolutely amazing. The LED lights are charged by a USB cable, and they will have a long-lasting battery life. The lights can last for hours, even when being used day and night.
Worrying about replacing batteries? Well, you don’t have to worry anymore, and you can use it even during power outages or blackouts.
When it comes to issue, there’s only one: the feathers are not collision resistant, so they tend to break easily. However, they don’t affect the performance of the product. They usually break when the cat is playing with it.
21. SmartyKat Cruzin' Critter Electronic Motion Toy
The SmartyKat Cruzin' Critter is the perfect play toy for your cat. The toy is made to run slower on carpets and faster on hard surfaces. The starting speed is around 12 inches per second and can be adjusted between 12 and 20 inches per second. This toy can be used in one of two ways: the Chase or Play modes. The chase mode allows you to target play with interactive dogs or small animals. The play mode has an on and off button, which you can use to turn the battery off when it is not in use. The toy uses a 6-volt, 3-AA battery, which is not included. A green light will flash when the battery is running low.
To ensure that your kit doesn’t run out of battery prematurely, we recommend switching the toy off when it is not in use. We also don’t recommend running the toy on hard floors. Other than that, the toy is durable, fast, and affordable.
22. Remote Control Micro Mouse Blistr
This is one of the only interactive cat toys that come in the color pink – giving your feline a fun and stylish accessory.
What really puts this cat toy at the top of the list is the inclusion of a micro-encapsulated catnip, so your cat gets triggered immediately at sight of it. This cat toy also uses a different approach to enticing your cat to chase and jump.
Instead of using small feathers at the end of a string, it uses a combination of jingles and movement. This is a much safer alternative to small plastic pieces for your kitty.
23. Mew Electric Remote Control Mouse Remote Control Animal Toys Pet Cat Toys Mouse
- 3D mice look like real mice without the mess of mice
- Software upgrades lets you customize the speed to your cat’s preference
- No extra receiver needed, the controller works out of the box with your PC
- The mice move back and forth – also over and under obstacles
- A large pad is made for the cat to chase the mouse
- Anti-interference system prevents your cat from zapping the remote far and wide
- Easy to clean and requires no batteries
- Speed can be adjusted by the cat’s preference
If you have a furry friend to entertain, then this mouse is the perfect option for you. For the gadget lovers, this mouse is remote controlled. For lazy pet owners, this mouse is automated.
It runs on its own. There are no batteries needed. Cats can use it to ease boredom in long, wet days.
The fur mouse even has a back and forth nibble and dust the bed action.
24. SmartyKat Electronic Motion Cat Toys
- Motion activated laser sensors
- Includes 5 LED lights to be activated when toy is thrown
- Helps to scratch and play – keeping your kitty entertained
- Battery powered, so you won’t need to buy new batteries often
- Sturdy material
- Can be used in the dark
- Available in Strawberry Scent
- Squeaky noises will drive some cats
- To stop the noise, you’ll need to throw the toy
- Doesn’t work on a carpet
- Some cats may not respond to squeaky noises
- Sometimes it may take some time for the battery power to last
The SmartyKat is a three pronged toy that aims to keep your cat entertained. It’s an electronic toy that comes with LED lights to be activated when thrown. It also has five motion activated laser sensors to make the throw have even more appeal.
The major convenience with this toy is its battery power, having no need for changeable batteries. Overall, it’s a great way to keep your cat entertained and allow you more time to relax. And, most importantly, this toy will save your furniture from your kitty’s scratching habits.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best interactive cat toy?
The best interactive cat toys are going to be fun, have the ability to be played with easily, are fun for the human, are not a health hazard, leave a scratch surface, are relatively cheap to replace, and have functionality beyond just the novelty.
Some of my favorite interactive cat toys are those that make noise and have movement that is activated by a cat swatting at them.
Cat toys that are feathers or string or some other type of packaging don’t do much for me. They are frustrating and silly, but they are not fun and are limited in their play value.
I think the best interactive cat toys are the ones created by the following companies:
What are the best cat toys to buy?
Now, we’re not going to get on a soap box and preach to you about what natural toys are the best for your kitty, but we will make a few recommendations based on our testing and research.
The best cat toy is the one that excites your cat the most. This is why the Amazon basics cat toy has gotten a lot of positive reviews from kitty owners, because it’s made the cats at home stand up and take notice.
The first cat toy we have to recommend is the one that doesn’t require a battery to work: the laser pointer.
This has long been the favorite cat toy for both indoor and outdoor use, because it gets every cat running (and full of energy).
It’s an interactive toy that they will do just about anything to find and catch. It also keeps them on their toes.
Is it bad to use a laser pointer with cats?
The worst thing you can possibly do is get your cat a laser pointer, even if he or she loves it. Playing with a laser pointer will manipulate your cat into thinking they are hunting. Cats have the instinctive need to hunt, and this is not how you want them to act in your home. It will increase their stress and anxiety levels, which can lead to a whole slew of behavioral and physical problems.
What are the 10 needs of a cat?
According to The Ark Animal Hospital, Cats are creatures of habit and precision. They have a regal majesty, and they’re fine with a quiet life.
Below are what The Ark Animal Hospital says are the needs of a cat:
A Window: Cats are big-time hunters and they love spying on their prey. They also enjoy watching birds, squirrels and other critters in their habitats. A window provides them with the opportunity to fulfill their hunting/predatory and bird/critter-watching requirements.
Kitchen Appliances: Cats love to play in and on the kitchen sink, the dishwasher, and the stove. They are drawn to the sight and sound of running water. While they should never be left unattended, it is always amusing to watch a cat play in the water at a sink. If you are a cat person, then you know what we are talking about.
All-in-all, if your cat like toys that move, sound and feel as close to the real thing as possible, giving them the best electronic cat toys is a great way to keep them happy, healthy and entertained by getting them new play things. The Furbo is without a doubt the best toy in this category, but the other toys in our list do provide enough entertainment for your cat to enjoy playing with them and keep them busy for a while.
|SmartyKat Feather Whirl Electronic Motion Ball Cat Toy||Best Overall|
|SmartyKat, Crazy Cruiser||Budget Pick|