Fleas are not only irritating…they are terrible and dangerous parasites that can lead to a host of nasty diseases in dogs. Not only that, fleas can also pose a serious threat to the health and life of those that care for dogs. Fleas are an extremely common problem for dogs both inside and outside. In fact, indoor and outdoor flea infestations are among the most common, frustrating and dangerous issues that pet owners face.
Because of this, I have scoured the flea spray market to find the best flea sprays for dogs. I wasn’t looking for something generic or anything that just doesn’t work. I wanted to find products that I was positive would get the job done and were especially effective. I was looking for the best flea killer sprays on the market.
|Zodiac Carpet and Upholstery Aerosol Spray||Best Overall|
|Hartz UltraGuard Flea||Budget Pick|
|SENTRY Natural Defense Natural Flea and Tick Spray||Upgrade Pick|
1. Zodiac Carpet and Upholstery Aerosol Spray
The Zodiac Carpet and Upholstery Aerosol Spray is not only safe for your pet, but the environment too. Containing no harsh chemicals such as Pyrethrin and Paraffinum Liquidum, it’s ideal for both cats and dogs.
Unlike many other flea sprays that contain harmful chemicals, this one contains natural ingredients such as water, ethanol, and propane. This unique composition (3.7 oz/lbs –1.6 Oz/Pup) means that your dog can remain in the treated area after the spray has been applied.
As with all chemical sprays, it’s essential to move quickly and efficiently through the home – treating as much of the carpet as you can while avoiding exposure to yourself or your pet.
2. Precor 2000 Plus 2(16 oz cans) by Wellmark
- Has a relatively low price
- Relatively long-lasting formula
- Gentle on the dog
- High content of Pyrethrin, which is potentially harmful to dogs and cats
- May cause skin irritation
- Loose packaging
According to research, the best flea spray for dogs is really a matter of preference. However, this product comes highly recommended due to the numerous positive reviews.
This product from Wellmark claims to kill fleas within 24 hours of application, showing results within hours. The active ingredients in this flea killer are important for providing a more long-lasting solution.
The ingredients are the following: “Pyrethrin, which attacks the flea organism at its nervous system”. This only kills the actual flea. The next ingredient is piperonyl butoxide. When combined, they make a highly effective insecticide that causes paralysis in adult fleas.
3. Wondercide Natural Products
- 100% Natural with no harmful chemicals
- Made in the USA
- Insects hate it
- Repels insects for 2-3 days after application
- Safe for pets, children, and pregnant women
- 100% organic, environmentally friendly, and totally safe
- Can be mixed with water to dilute
- Effect Lasts all month
- Forget dangerous and toxic chemicals
- No need to over-apply
A natural way to rid your pet from fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. Just spray directly onto your pet. Wondercide Flea & Tick Control Spray works to repel insects as well as kill fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
All these in a safe way that is completely natural and organic without the use of harsh chemicals.
4. TropiClean Natural Flea & Tick Sprays & Powder
TropiClean Natural Flea & Tick Control Spray and Powder for Dogs is a completely organic, non-toxic solution that is safe for both dogs and humans. It is formulated with natural ingredients such as Orange Peel Oil, Clove Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Rosemary Oil, Citronella Oil, and Cedar Oil. The ingredients are completely environmentally friendly and are 100% safe for dogs, humans, and the environment.
The spray contains no harmful chemicals such as permethrin, and the oil kills fleas within minutes of contact. The spray contains a magnifying effect, which means that the fleas are killed even if they jump off the dog.
5. Vet's Best Flea and Tick Home Spray
- Easy spray-on formula
- Works with just one application
- Contains peppermint oil and other natural ingredients
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast drying formula
- Perfect for cats and dogs of all ages
- Easy to use
- Effectively kills fleas on contact
- Prevents flea infestations
- Powerful scent may over-stimulate canines
- Works best on dogs under 25 lbs
- Might leave a sticky residue behind
- Could cause allergic reactions in some dogs
- Flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame.
And Extracts| Best Flea Spray for Dogs – Natural Solution for Fleas and Ticks | Tough, Natural Knockout Spray to Save Your Dog from Fleas and Ticks.
Vet's Best Flea & Tick Home Spray is one of the best flea treatment for dogs. It is especially effective in treating fleas, gastrointestinal worms, and roundworms in cats. It features an effective flea-killing formula with peppermint oil that effectively eliminates fleas on contact and prevent flea infestations. The natural formula kills fleas and prevents their return for up to 7 months.
6. MGK NyGuard Plus Flea & Tick Aerosol 17 oz. by
- All natural and safe for dogs and cats
- Contains Permethrin and Pyrethrins, which kills fleas, ticks, and lice
- It is safe for treating your home and furniture without exposing pets
- Works on fleas that are already on the dog and ones that have not been exposed yet
- Safe to use on puppies 8 weeks of age and older
- Can be used for up to 4 weeks
- Minimal odor
- Some of the main ingredients of the product is derived from chrysanthemum that works as a natural insecticide.
If you are looking for Merial NyGuard Plus Flea and Tick for Dogs and Cats, this is one of the best flea and tick spray for dogs on the market.
Since it is made by Merial you can be sure that it is made from all natural products, and its ingredients are all natural. This product is one the biggest sellers of Merial, and they should feel proud that they produced the most natural flea spray on the market.
7. Dr. GreenPet All Natural Flea and Tick Prevention and Control Spray
- Odor-free, greaseless formula
- Lasts up to 10 to 12 weeks, even on flea season
- Made with natural and scientific herbs
- Safe for dogs
- Water resistant
- Effective on tough ticks and fleas
- Can be harsh to cats
- Could be applied to a wet dog; can be difficult to spread
- No effectiveness after rain
Scientifically Formulated. Effective, Long-Lasting Protection from Fleas and Ticks – Super Concentrated for Less Money
If you have a pet that’s continually battling fleas, you might want to consider Dr. GreenPet All Natural Flea and Tick Prevention and Control.
With its natural and scientific ingredients and ingredients, this spray is intended to not only protect your pet from insects, but also to provide its health benefits.
8. Natural Flea & T
- All natural ingredients
- Extra-sturdy spray bottle
- Efficient for all dog sizes
- 1 bottle is good for 1 month
- Convenient pump format – no wasted product
- Non-toxic and pesticide free
- Affordable price
- Fast acting
- Doesn’t stain your carpets or furniture
9. Enforcer Parent
- Good wireless coverage
- Simple set up – easy to install
- Has a rechargeable transmitter
- Has a rechargeable collar
- Has a 100 foot range
- Collar is a bit large
- The box is almost the size of a pack of cigarettes
- No audible beeps for the collar
- Doesn’t come with batteries
- The line between the signal’s green and red light is really thin
Pet parents are no strangers to the benefits of wireless dog fences – they are a great way to give your dog more freedom while still keeping them safe. The Enforcer Parental Control Wireless Pet Containment System is a quality wireless fence product that delivers on all these promises and then some.
The Enforcer system is best suited for dogs that weigh between 22 lbs and 110 lbs and it offers a high level of customization.
The fence itself comes with a transmitter and a collar.
10. Frontline Flea & Tick Spray
There are a lot of advantages to using Frontline. It’s really inexpensive and can be applied by virtually anyone, regardless if they’ve ever used flea treatment in the past.
The effectiveness is also worth considering. Dogs that have been exposed to the product have the fleas practically disappear within just 6 hours.
However, there are setbacks. A lot of reviews complain about the fact that the product’s effectiveness can be severely hampered if you don’t follow the directions precisely, things like not allowing the dog to drink right after the application.
11. ZOECON Petcor Flear Spray 16oz
Forget about the messy powders, and the need to reapply – a simple spray in your pet’s fur is all it takes to get rid of these critters.
However, there are a few factors to consider before you pick out a great spray – and probably the most crucial is how they work.
First of all, you’ll notice that there are sprays, and then there are spray collars. Sprays are great if you’ve got a bigger dog or a cat. However, when it comes to ticks and fleas on dogs, the best choice is the spray collar.
12. YAYA ORGANICS Dog Whisperer Tick + Flea Repellent
- Effective against all pests
- Natural and chemical-free pest control
- Repels pets and people
- Contains citronella and cedar oil, which can irritate the skin and mucous membranes in some people so it’s advisable for people with skin allergies to try a small amount on themselves before using it on their dog … or not use it at all.
- More than just an effective flea spray for dogs, this is also a perfect pesticide and tick repellent for both dogs and their owners.
- The YAYA ORGANICS Dog Spray is a powerful yet safe all-natural organic blend of plant oils and other essential oils that works well for deodorizing and eliminating fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, bedbugs and even lice.
13. Virbac Knockout E.S. Area Treatment Carpet Spray
Virbac Knockout Formula is a great natural, yet effective in eliminating fleas from your dog. The active ingredients include lemongrass oil, citronella oil, peppermint oil and clove oil.
What’s convenient is that the formula is natural – meaning it’s safe for use against your pet.
Another factor that will appeal to most dog owners is the low cost – which is quite reasonable.
14. Flea Halt! Water-Based Flea & Tick Spray
- Provides 12-month protection and helps to prevent fleas from biting
- The spray is easy to apply, and helps to calm dogs from the potent smell of Citronella
- The product is safe and effective for use on dogs and puppies
- The spray can be used on dogs at any age
- The product is veterinarian-recommended
- Regular application of the spray helps to reduce flea populations in the house
- It can take 24 hours for the spray to start working
- The product may not be effective for dogs that are allergic to flea bites
- The ingredients may irritate allergic dogs
- The product may not work well in very humid climates
- The product does not kill ticks, just repels them
Flea Halt! flea and tick spray for dogs contains Citronella oil, which has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and insecticide qualities.
It is recommended to be used as an aid in the control of flea infestations, rather than for flea prevention, which is why it is also used as an environmental spray.
15. Direct Protect Plus Flea and Tick Pet Spray 16 oz.
16. Happy Jack DD-33 FLEA-TICK Spray 16OZ
17. Hartz UltraGuard Flea
- Effectively kills fleas and ticks for up to 24 hours after application
- Safe for puppies and kittens under 16 weeks old
- The non-greasy formula is easy to apply to your dog’s coat
- Prevents heartworm disease
- Not suitable for dogs weighing less than 6 pounds
- The large size makes it difficult to use on small dogs
- Enclosed in an aerosol container, so it’s not ideal for treating dogs with sensitive skin
Hartz UltraGuard is a powerful flea and tick treatment for dogs and puppies. The addition of pyrethrins makes it a more effective way to relieve your pet of fleas and ticks.
This flea and tick spray is non-toxic and contains pyrethrins which have a strong odor which will quickly dissipate. Another benefit is that the spray allows it to spread more evenly across your dog’s coat, because of its design which allows it to be sprayed directly to the dog’s coat. The non-greasy formula allows it to be easily washed off if it comes in contact with your dog’s skin.
18. Ark Naturals
- Ingredients are all-natural
- Can be used on both dogs and cats
- Effectively kills and controls ticks and fleas
- Cleans all hair and skin
- Not intended for use on puppies under 12 weeks of age
- Has a definite smell
- Can be less effective depending on the climate in your area (i.e. how hot or cold it is)
- Contains alcohol, which is drying to the skin
Deep Clean and Shampoo, 16 oz.
If you’re looking for simple flea and tick shampoo for your dog, then the Ark Naturals flea shampoo may be just what you’re looking for. It comes in both 16 and 32-ounce bottles. Like many other shampoo products on the market, it’s also completely natural and safe for both dogs and cats.
This shampoo contains some really great ingredients that will cleanse, condition, and deodorize your dog or cat’s skin. Plus, it strengthens your pet’s hair and fights fleas, ticks, and other pests.
19. VetriScience Laboratories Vetri Repel Spray
- Great for flea and tick prevention; and also kills fleas already on your pup
- Formulated without harsh chemicals
- The pump spray is easy to use
- The peppermint scent is pleasant
- You can choose from a 6 ml or 16 ml bottle
- Without any harsh chemicals; this spray is great for people with pets and kids
- Comes in a 16ml bottle so you can have plenty to spare
- This is a non-specific cat and dog repellant, you can use it for other small animals as well
- Requires a few applications over a week
- The spray isn’t that great for flea collars and collars can be a good option to use in conjunction with a spray
- The spray doesn’t remain effective for that long. Within a day of use, the fleas will return
- This isn’t a flea killer spray. It will only repel the fleas and ticks while keeping them from biting your dog. If your dog already has fleas and ticks, a treatment of an appropriate flea killer would be necessary.
- Some dogs are sensitive to peppermint.
20. SENTRY Natural Defense Natural Flea and Tick Spray
- Effectively kills fleas. Also, repels ticks and other biting insects
- This product is 100% natural, making it safe for puppies and adults
- No harsh chemicals
- Leaves a sticky residue on your dog’s fur
- Spray bottle needs improvement
The SENTRY Natural Defense flea and tick spray is a safe and powerful way to eliminate your dog’s fleas. It features properties of rosemary, lemongrass, eucalyptus, citronella, cedar, and peppermint. It also kills ticks, mosquitoes, gnats, and biting lice.
If you’re looking for a natural way to rid your dog of fleas and tick naturally, the SENTRY flea and tick spray is a good choice. It’s a non-toxic, safe, and effective natural remedy.
The SENTRY natural Defense flea and tick spray comes with an included 8 ounce bottle and sprayer. This sprayer is really great at spreading the active ingredients over your dog. There’s a control lever that allows you to change how hard or soft you want the spray to come out, which is a very useful feature.
21. Bag Sealer
- Adjustable heat up to 300°F
- Replaceable cutter blade
- Comes with English manual
- Modern design
- A bit underpowered
- The price isn’t the most competitive
The Bag Sealer from Quickpeal is an innovative design that offers a cost-effective way to reseal bags in seconds. The handheld sealer is made of food-grade ABS plastic and is safe for use with food. Not only is it modern and stylish, but it’s also easy to use.
It’s portable, lightweight and measures 9 3/4” x 6” x 3”. And weighs in at 15 oz. To use it, simply place the bag over the sealer and move the front and back sealing pads along the bottom of the bag. It’ll vibrate and seal the plastic in seconds.
It comes with a fully adjustable temperature range of 120-300°F. This is just the right amount of heat needed to reseal the bag without melting it. And changing the temperature is simple ― just rotate the locking knob clockwise until it’s at the desired temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the most effective dog flea treatment?
If you are looking for the best flea treatment for dogs, the answer isn’t easy to give.
There are thousands of unique flea products out there. There are oral tablets, topical solutions, spot-on medications, collars, and even shampoos.
Best flea treatment for dogs: Quick Answer
How To Choose The Best Flea Treatment For Dogs?
In order to choose the best flea product for your dogs, you need to weigh numerous factors, such as, skin sensitivity, puppy age, breed, and so on.
What is the most effective flea spray?
It is completely safe for your animals, and it is 100% guaranteed to repel 100% of pests.
The spray repels fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, gnats, flies and lice.
It contains no harmful chemicals.
It smells good and it is completely natural.
What's the best flea and tick spray for dogs?
Which flea drops work the best?
Overview: Topicals are great flea prevention method to use with your dog. The best working flea collar spot-ons and monthlies or every morning drops are the most popular formulations.
The best flea preventatives for your dog vary greatly on their age, weight and breed. There may even be breed-specific formulations, especially for dogs in the terrier-family.
If you see any signs of fleas on your dog or cat, jump on it and be sure to get the best protection as soon as possible. The best way to do this is to visit your local vet. They’ll have the best knowledge of how to care for your pet and prevent fleas and ticks.
Flea sprays for dogs are one of the fastest growing pet product categories. This is because there are many main reasons prevention for dogs are so popular.
Doctors recommend them to ensure your dog doesn’t contract fleas, but also to protect your home. Today, it is easier for fleas to jump from your dog to your carpet or furniture. So investing in a good flea spray can help to protect your dog – and your home.
Here we’ll dive a little deeper into the different sprays on the market, giving you a run-down of the best on the market today.
|Zodiac Carpet and Upholstery Aerosol Spray||Best Overall|
|Hartz UltraGuard Flea||Budget Pick|
|SENTRY Natural Defense Natural Flea and Tick Spray||Upgrade Pick|