There are two types of GPS trackers for cats: those you activate and those you do not. In both cases, you can choose a collar-style or an attached-to-the-collar style. The former is a small collar that is put on the cat and contains the GPS chip. The latter is an attachment that is placed on the cat's collar and can be cut off if it's lost.
Below are our top GPS cat trackers and collars that will help you find and keep track of your furry friends!
|PetTouchID Smart Pet ID Tag||Best Overall|
|EndlessID Pet Identification Tag||Budget Pick|
|Eureka Technology MARCOPOLO Advanced Pet Tracking Tag Accessory||Upgrade Pick|
1. PetTouchID Smart Pet ID Tag
- Comes in a wide range of colors
- Interchangeable ID tags
- Engraved with contact details
- Free waterproof tracking device
- Works well with both cats and dogs
If you’re one of those pet parents who wants to keep an eye on their pets, and makes sure they’re engaged and happy, then check out the PetTouchID Smart Pet ID Tags.
This waterproof pet tracker is available in 6 colors; red, pink, dark grey, white, black, and green. It is built to last with the combination of stainless steel and silicone and will never look out of style.
The PetTouchID PetTracker GPS Pet Collar is a one-time purchase that comes with a free waterproof tracker, micro-USB charger, two adhesive bands, and three interchangeable ID tags.
2. Loc8tor Pet Tracker
- Has strong construction
- Works in all weather
- Simple to use
- Highly accurate
- Great battery life
- Doesn’t work indoors, which is to be expected
- Battery case is poorly designed
- Collar only has two sizes
The main features of this particular pet tracker include the following: You’ll be able to track your cat, dog, or pet on a map and receive notifications on your smartphone when the battery is running low. You won’t have to worry about it not working in inclement weather either. No matter what the conditions are outside, it’ll work no matter what. When it comes to a full charge, this product will last up to 21 days, depending on what are you tracking him/her with.
It comes with two transmitters, different size collars and a belt. A great positive of this tracker is that you can purchase extra transmitters if you’re tracking more than one pet or cat. You can also use it for two pets at the same time.
3. Paw Prints ID QR Smart Pet Tags GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag
- Offers peace of mind with its tracking and distress signals
- Reliable GPS collar with a good track record
- Good range and quality
- Not suitable for large or very active dogs
- Lack of features ‗ no remote commands or monitoring services
- Supplies limited to a set of batteries
Case (Small, Black).
The Paw Prints ID QR Smart Pet Tags GPS Pet Collar is a fantastic budget option that is great for everyday use. This collar comes with a quick response alert that sends an SOS alert to the app on your phone. A handy feature for worried pet parents.
This GPS pet collar offers the basic features that you need. The battery life is also impressive and offers a month of use. Another standout feature is the waterproof collar. With the IP67 rating you can take your furry friend to the beach or swimming.
4. CAT TAILER The Smallest and Lightest Bluetooth Waterproof Cat Tracker
- One of the smallest, lightest, and most accurate cat trackers on the market
- The battery should last up to 6 months, even when using the GPS tracking feature regularly
- It’s equipped with a small metal loop for easy collar attachment
- Remains relatively well-hidden
- Comes with a 100% money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied
- Very affordable
Just like cats, sometimes cats walk away. When they do, you want to know where they are and be able to get back home safely. This is particularly important when you have two or more cats. So what exactly is this device and why is it so great?
What the CAT TAILER is a small GPS tracker designed specifically for cats. It is waterproof and houses a tiny SIM card to send and receive GPS signals and a battery that lasts up to six months. Its size makes it the smallest GPS cat tracker on the market.
5. TabCat Pet Tracking Cat Collar Tracker System
What we love about the TabCat is that it works in open field, forests and even your home – which means you can track your pet even if the feline is indoors.
This tracker actually works with Google map. Which means you can actually see your pet’s location on the screen of your phone. You can easily program this device for a fast signal response which means you can get quick information on your cats.
TabCat comes with two tabs so you can test two tabs before choosing which one you want. You can remove and then attach the tag to your cat’s collar.
6. Cube Pro Key Finder Smart Tracker Bluetooth Tracker
- Ideal for keeping an eye on your belongings
- User-friendly and intuitive app
- Good battery life
- Replaceable battery
- You will always be able to locate your pet
- Alerts you when your pet is going too far away
- Provides alerts when your pet arrives at the location
- High-quality and durable
- If your pet runs away it will send your location
- Easy to set up
- You can’t track your pet if he isn’t wearing the Cube Pro Smart Tracker
- You can’t use it for children
- It gives you only one alert a day if you forget to turn it on overnight
If you’re looking for a reliable tracker for your pet that will help you to feel safe anywhere, then this Cube Pro Key Finder Smart Tracker might be right for you.
This GPS tracker can help you to protect your pet against theft. This way, you’ll always be able to keep an eye on your beloved pet when he is away from home.
This Cube Pro Key Finder Smart Tracker is made of high-quality waterproof materials. And it`s reliable and durable.
7. Eureka Technology MARCOPOLO Advanced Pet Tracking Tag Accessory
- Unique design, easy tag-on pet monitoring – no clipping or wire
- Integrated high sensitive GPS module and tracking chip; accurate location
- Accurate positioning and optimized calculating multi-platform client
- Solemn cat collar, soft and comfortable for pets (no breeding with paw)
- Easy cat collar, tag-on gps tracker only needs one hand, pet monitoring easy and convenient (compatible with all of the monitoring platform)
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz network working frequency, support both GSM and SMS remote alarm
- Five management function: Hunt, sleep, rest, sit, stop
- Low power consumption, long standby time
- Water resistant, rain reliable, IPX7
- Support survival for outdoor driving
(for Dogs & Cats)
8. Pawscout Smarter Pet Tag
What’s pretty neat about this pet tracker is that you can send alerts to the app, to your friends and to your family. In other words, you can update the app and share the info on Facebook for the person to find your pet all from the app itself.
It’s also a dual-purpose tag, meaning it can get plugged right into your smartphone or tablet and that’s it. If you want, you can leave it as is with the tracking bands.
The pet finder actually works very well and there are so many features to it, such as getting voice data and nudges from your pet to let you know their location.
9. Girafus Cat Tracker RF Finder Longest Range up to 1600 ft lightest pet Safety Tracking Device only 0.28oz Small Pets Dog Pro-Track-tor
- Very long range – up to 1600 feet with a collar attachment
- Small and lightweight
- Comes with the option to use GPS, RF, and Bluetooth tracking techniques
- Affordable price point
- The collar attachment can be cumbersome
- Only the GPS tracking mode gives out continuous tracking – the other modes only give out basic updates every 5 or 10 minutes
- Issues with the collar clasp
- Users experienced issues with the device connection to the collar
It is time to say goodbye to forgetting your pet at home! With the Pro-Track-Tor Pet & Small Animal GPS Tracker, you will never have to worry about losing your pet again! On top of that, you can rest easy knowing that your pet is never too far away.
The long range and durable operational range makes this truly one of the best GPS cat trackers out there on the market today!
- Gives you real time locations of your pets
- Allows you to call your pets and talk to them
- Keeps track of your pets activity
- Allows you to monitor your pets on your smartphones
- Allows you to locate your pets in case they’ve gone missing
- Petfinder GPS tracker is collarless and can be clipped to your pets collar without damaging it
- The GPS tracker can be used in all types of weather conditions and doesn’t require charging or recharging
- It’s water resistant and can be used even by pets which spend some time in lakes, rivers and oceans
- Can be used with multiple pets
- Multiple tracking modes including—offline, online and –last known coordinates—
- The lost pet GPS tracker doesn’t work if there’s no internet, which means it’ll only work indoors and around cities. It doesn’t work in the wild until you can get to a region with internet connection
- The screen is difficult to read
For You, Activities Monitor for Them.
11. GIBI 2nd Gen Pet GPS Tracker
- Extensive 30 day battery life
- Light-weight, waterproof, and durable
- Smaller and thinner battery (will not add weight to your pet
- The GPS tracking device is extremely sticky
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- It has a battery indicator
- Has a replaceable battery
- It has plenty of light to make the signal clearer
- It’s able to track your pets from 1-2 miles away
- It can be mounted on walls above the ground
- The battery gets really hot, but this is normal because it is small
- It should be treated with care to avoid getting burnt
- It occasionally requires resetting by holding down the button for 30 seconds
- It can become troublesome when the collar is too tight and too loose
- Sometimes does not work even when the battery has been changed
12. Jinjing Bluetooth GPS Trackers Key Finder Wireless Locator Anti Lost Alarm
In this article, we’re going to compare three of the top-selling pet trackers on the market – the Jinjing, the Tractive, and the Whistle. While the Jinjing and the Whistle are both comparable in price and features, the Tractive is a little more pricey, and on top of that, it comes with newer technology.
One of the best features of the Jinjing GPS pet tracker is that you can track any device, including your wallet. For the duration of your tracker’s battery life (which lasts 11 days!) it will give you alerts if anything happens to the pet.
It features an easy-to-use interface that gives you specific information about your pet, and you can even set customized alarms for your pet.
13. Jason Zeng GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor Intelligent 5-Level Positioning System
- A variety of colors to choose from
- Extremely small and lightweight with a battery life of 30 days
- High precision, accuracy within 6 meters
- Intuitive, easy-to-use interface
- Has a waterproof design and can be used outdoors
- Foldable, can be put into your pocket, handbag and backpack
- No monthly charges, flexible subscriptions
The Jason Zeng pet tracker isn’t just for cats – my dog’s been wearing it for the last two weeks, and I can attest to its waterproof nature and how easily it becomes a part of your everyday routine.
The tracker itself is extremely small – the size of a thumb – so it’s hardly noticeable when placed on your cat.
The tracker is exactly what I was looking for – something that I can use to locate my cat when she’s outside. I was surprised to see the accuracy and dependability of the Jason Zeng tracker. My cat likes to hide, and I can always rely on the Jason Zeng tracker to help me find him.
14. DOTT The Smart Dog Tag
- Attention to details
- Battery life
- Doesn’t need charging until a year has passed
- Highly portable
- Easy to monitor pets and find them with an app
- Doesn’t require a subscription
The Dott is a very small and lightweight gadget for your cat or dog to enable you easily track your pet’s activities and whereabouts.
It is designed with a slim and elegant design shape to enables you to wear around your pet’s neck so that you can keep an eye on your pet at all times.
It comes with a maximum range of 120 meters even though this is a decent distance, it is not a huge one. This means that you can keep track of your pets while allowing them the freedom to explore.
15. SpyCent TKSTAR Real-time PET CAT Dog Tracking Locator GPS/GSM/WiFi Location Waterproof Mini Personal GPS Tracker
- GSM cellular transmission ensures long range connectivity
- Waterproof, and durable
- With longer standby time and quick GPS location
- Simple operation by opening the APP, or by SMS
- Free SIM card and 3 months free location history
- Available in 3 different sizes and package
- Easy to install and fix
- No battery pack included means you can’t use it straight away out of the box
- You’ll have to charge it for a couple of hours before use
- The SIM card has a one time fee which isn’t very convenient
Note: Our handpicked recommended Spymart TKSTAR Dog or Cat GPS Tracker is a 100% genuine product. After you clicked the order button, you will receive a confirmation email from Amazon with Important Manuals and SIM Card Activation Instructions.
16. Talis-us Pet GPS Tracker
- Smart GPS pet tracker is a lightweight and compact design for easy usage
- Lightweight and beautifully designed
- It can track multiple pets
- Water, mud and shock proof
- Easy to use. It can be used as a stand alone GPS pet tracker or attached to a collar to stay close.
- Tracks up to 15 kilometers
- You can set boundaries and it will notify you when your pet goes outside the range
- We liked that you could add photos and videos of your pet and even set up a map view of where they went
- It has a 2.4-inch display for viewing all your locations
- You can also set up individual pet locations
Overall we thought this was a decent GPS pet tracking device for your dog or cat. You can get this in the US, UK and other countries.
17. GPS Tracker Mini Portable SOS GPS Location Tracker Real Time Anti-Theft Spy Tracking 2G GSM Finder
- You are able to monitor your pet’s location in real time through a smartphone app.
- You get plenty of notifications if there is a change in your pet’s location.
- The battery does not die quickly; you are able to use it for two to three days depending on the frequency of use.
- If your pet is lost you are able to mark the location.
- You can also call your pet.
- When it is working it is very accurate.
- It takes a little time to get used to using the GPS cat tracker,
- It only has a very basic range of tracking.
- The software setting instructions are not easy to follow.
- When you want to change the SIM card, you have to open the tracker to do it.
- The battery life is not the same when you are using the SOS function.
- The display is very small.
The GPS cat tracker Mini Portable GPS Location Tracker Real Time Anti-Theft Spy Tracking 2G GSM Finder For Vehicles Kids Dogs Cats Keys Motorcycles Pets Car is one of the best cat trackers available because of its quality features.
18. EndlessID Pet Identification Tag
- Get alerts if pet leaves or enters designated area
- Share your pet’s location with family members
- Know your pet’s exact location on a location history map
- Have your pet’s location sent to your phone so you can find it
- Use the pet tracker app to locate animal in the event of an emergency
- In addition to location you can also track proximity to other animals, people, and areas
- Take photos and saves them on the app
- Import previous photos onto the app to help identification
- Receive updates about the health and medication of your pet
- Keep track of your pet’s activity history
Via Text Messages or Email| Ideal for Cats & Dogs| Activity Tracking|App: iOS & Android| Cloud Subscription:Free
19. Pssopp Pet Tracker Dogs Cats GPS Tracker Dog Real-time Tracking Collar Waterproof Pet Anti-Lost Security Finder Locator Smart USB Charging Pet Monitor
20. Alliner Pet Tracking Collar
- Comes with a USB charging cable
- Long battery life
- Can be used indoors/outdoors
- Has a battery function indicator
- Activity monitor
- Can be used with most brands
- The screen is a bit small
- Doesn’t have a map of the area
- Only supports Android and Windows
- No app for iPhone
- No rechargeable battery.
The Alliner pet tracking collar is a great option for owners looking to keep tabs on their pets while they’re out. This pet tracker comes with a 1.8” screen size and a 45x35mm size (22x17mm for the activity monitor only). The battery life has a 3-12 months lifespan on a fully charged device.
The monitor can track up to three devices at a time and comes with a Micro TF memory card slot. This allows owners to store their pets’ activity data. It also has a tracker anti-lost alarm function that will alert you if your pet wanders outside an area you’ve designated.
21. XCSOURCE Mini Waterproof GPS Tracker GSM/GPRS Real Time Tracking Device Locator
- Easy wireless setup, just put the SIM card in and hook up the battery
- It’s waterproof—ideal for tracking dogs while they’re playing in the rain
- GPS tracking system features real-time tracking location
- What you see on your smartphone is exactly what you get
- A nice and bright LED display that shows you the battery life
- Phone contact function will allow you to check the last traced location
- The SIM card included can be shared with multiple devices such as your smartphone, tablet, and car
- The device uses an intelligent power management system which allows it to save battery life
- The coiled strap allows you to attach it to your pet’s leash without having to use a clip
- Countdown timer can remind you when it’s time to take your pet on a walk
22. SZFY-TAIOW Pet GPS Tracker,Waterproof/Alarm/Real-time Tracking/Voice Monitor/Security Fence Compatible Smart Anti-Lost GPS Tracking Device Dogs/Cats Finder Locator for iOS/Android System
SZFY-TAIOW is your perfect choice for an all-in-one GPS tracker pet collar and the best cat trackers for 2019.
One of the best features about this GPS tracker is the ability to set up to 5 pets on the account (you don’t need to buy a separate collar or tracker for each pet as long as it fits the size, the package comes with the collar and strap, you can make the strap longer or shorter for your pet).
23. MMKSTO Pet GPS Tracker Locator Collar
The MMKSTO pet tracker is super easy to use, has a long battery life, and it can withstand heavy snow and rain. This lets you monitor your pets’ every move while they’re outside.
It comes with a one-year guarantee, and the battery has a 24-hour life. You can use it to find your pets or cats and even locate your lost dog.
If your pet has a microchip, this device can help you find out if it’s been lifted. The drawback is that the GPS connection and tracking may not be 100% reliable.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best GPS cat collar?
GPS Cat Collar (Petzi)This collar is hands down the best fully functional GPS cat collar in 2016.. This collar has some drawbacks as almost all GPS trackers do, but overall it is excellent. The collar is comfortable and is waterproof. The designed length is adjustable if your cat has a little more or less fur than the norm. Before this collar, there werenÊ¼t any trackers that could be removed from the collar for charging. That alone is a huge improvement, and a step in the right direction. It also has built in safety software that prevents your cat from going out of a monitored area so that it doesnÊ¼t get lost. There is no subscription required with this collar. It uses batteries that should last at least three months under normal use, and is fastened with a buckle that can be opened with a single hand. Overall, this is a solid product.
Do GPS cat collars work?
If you are sick of your feline friend going missing for hours, only to find kitty chilling at the neighbor’s place, then a cat GPS locator collar is what you need.
GPS anti-theft cat collars operate in a similar fashion to most pet trackers. You simply attach the tracker to your pet and set it up using the accompanying app.
If your cat wanders away from your home or yard, you’ll get a reminder on your phone.
Whenever you mark your cat’s location as ôsafe and sound,ö you’ll know exactly where it is should it wander away from home.
When the cat is safe and sound, you can even set up a geofenced perimeter, similar to a pet tracking collar, so that if the cat wanders within x distance of the perimeter, you’ll be notified.
What is the best pet GPS tracker?
A GPS tracker for a pet is an extraordinary piece of equipment for pet owners. In extreme situations, it can mean the difference between life and death.
By enabling you to supervise your pet, GPS trackers will keep them out of the road. By tracking your pet via your smartphone, tablet or a computer, you will know the instant warning as soon as they step out of their boundary.
Most of the pet GPS trackers that are available in the market these days include a rechargeable battery that lasts for weeks or months before it has to be charged and this is an amazing advance.
There is nothing better than having a device which sucks the battery out of your phone, in a matter of hours and this is why the GPS pet trackers are beneficial because they are rechargeable.
Can you get a tracking device for your cat?
Sometimes the cat gets lost and runs away from home. This is really dangerous, especially in winter, because if the feline gets caught in a snowstorm then it won’t survive very long.
But if you have a GPS cat tracker or GPS cat collar, then it will be possible to locate your cat immediately. These GPS cat trackers are small and lightweight, so they can be placed on the cat’s collar easily. Then you will know where your cat is all the time, or if he has run off.
Just you can always locate your cat and make sure that your kitty has everything necessary to have a happy and safe life.
According to research, cats run away from home for different reasons. The most common ones include owners’ work schedules, the death of a companion pet, a change of ownership, and even family dispute. That said, with the best GPS cat tracker around, you can now find your pet within minutes when it gets lost.
|PetTouchID Smart Pet ID Tag||Best Overall|
|EndlessID Pet Identification Tag||Budget Pick|
|Eureka Technology MARCOPOLO Advanced Pet Tracking Tag Accessory||Upgrade Pick|