Heated cat beds are those beds packed with several heaters. They are designed to keep your feline friend cozy and warm, in those really cold days. Compared to a regular low priced cat bed, they cost higher and they are much more useful. They are the best solution for keeping your cat warm during the whole winter season. However, they aren’t your only alternative. As a pet owner, you can also invest in other products that have the same purpose. Read more to find out what those products are.
There are several types of heated cat beds in the market, made in different forms and materials. Some of them are very well known and popular, while others are still emerging. Below I will present you several examples of cat beds manufactured from Chenille fabric, and made for both home and travel use. Below I will give you some product descriptions and reviews of the best heated cat beds, so let’s check them out!
Giving your cat a nice warm bed to hang out and rest in is one of the best ways of showing her love and care. If the person you love doesn’t approve cats and you got one as a surprise, then the best and nicest thing to do is to make her a comfortable place where she can feel at home, enjoy her time, and be surrounded by warmth. You can make a cozy cat bed for your favorite feline, or you can order and buy one from online stores.
|K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed Deluxe Small Tan||Best Overall|
|Thermal Cat Pet Dog Warming Bed Mat||Budget Pick|
|KANE Pet Heat Mat(Heated Pet Pad) 110-120V||Upgrade Pick|
1. K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed Deluxe Small Tan
- Soothing night-light
- Bed cover is machine washable
- Very affordable
- Rectangular shape fits multiple pets
- Higher wattage than competing products (30W)
- No thermostat, so you need to check the temperature manually
- Large round size is 91.44 cm x 54.61 cm
After reading through many customer reviews, we’ve identified the K&H Therm-o-kitty bed as the best heated pet beds. Because of its decent quality, warmer setting, and reasonable price.
2. Thermal Cat Pet Dog Warming Bed Mat
- Keeps pets cozy
- Comes in different sizes
- Fully-washable material
- Consumes 7 watts of power
- The wires are too close to the surface of the bed
- Cord is short
There are different varieties and types of beds to choose from.
First, there are the fleece beds that you can cover over with a blanket and turn on the heater. This type looks very snug.
3. K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Lounge Sleeper Pet Bed
- Very easy to use and comfortable
- Solves the problem of cats who don’t like electric blankets
- So many included features
- Reasonably priced
- Some claim that the construction is kind of flimsy
- Some parts are prone to failure
- Doesn’t work immediately
If your cat’s not fond of regular blankets, the K&H Pet Products Pet Cooling Lounge Sleeper is worth trying out. This bed looks like an outdoor bed with a soft and durable base. However, there’s a heating pad under the padded top and between the base and the mattress.
All you need to do is plug it in and set the temperature you want. There are controls on the side of the pad so that you can also turn it off. We find it to be very convenient, as you don’t have to worry about your cat getting burnt or being too cold.
If you don’t like having the temperature set to a particular setting, you can adjust the temperature with the touch of a button. It only takes 15 minutes to heat up and the fleece cover makes it very comfortable to sleep on.
4. Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds
- Available in 3 sizes and 3 different colors
- Works effectively
- Warming up time is no longer than 15 minutes
- The liner can be zippered off for easy care
- Great for colder seasons and climates
- Relatively affordable
- The heater doesn’t work as fast as advertised
- Overheating issue with the products
- Surface of the beds aren’t as soft as expected
The “King” size Aspen Pet Self Warming Bed is a rechargeable battery-operated pet bed. It works by using a thermo-conductive pillow liner, which holds a layer of air or water between its top and bottom layers. This air or water helps to keep the bed’s surface at a steady and comfortable temperature for longer periods of time.
The King bed is pretty ideal for cats, especially for those who sleep alone or on colder nights. Its heating pad provides between 4-5 hours of heat. This is pretty remarkable, if you ask us.
As for the size, the King bed measures 28-inches in diameter. With a short, 19.5-inch height.
5. Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler
- Quiet operation
- Safe and durable
- Soft to the touch
- Sustainable and eco-friendly
- Includes safe anti-skid backing
- Designed to be strong and durable
For Cats – The Safest Heated Cat Bed for Small, Medium and Large Dogs and Cats (One Size Fits All).
6. K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House Cat Shelter Inches
K&H Pet Products is one of the best manufacturers of heated cat beds. They have a wide range of products such as the Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House. Moreover, their quality and styles meet their customers’ taste and preference. They have products different sizes, and different price range. So, it is very easy for you to choose which one you prefer.
The Outdoor Heated Kitty House Cat Shelter by K&H Pet Products is made for cats who like to stay outside. This is a perfect place for them because it is warm. There are many products of the same brand are also designed to be warm.
It measures 21.5 “ 25.5 inches. The pads that come with it makes the temperature of the pet house become a lot warmer. Meanwhile, you can adjust the level of heat using the thermostat. It is safe to use because it has overheat protection. This heated pet house provides heat for 8 hours, so your cat can stay warm and safe for that long. It is made of thick and solid material so it is very sturdy and durable.
7. K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Mat Heated Pet Bed
- Non-slip underside
- Warmer guard on bottom for dogs
- Can be used for quick heating
- Suitable for any type of dogs
- Cheaper than many heating pads
- Different sizes available
- Removable cover for machine washing / drying
- Love it or money back Guarantee
- Can be used on hardwood floors and carpet
- Not so much for transportability
- Concerns about overheating
Beds are a great way to keep pets comfortable in cold weather, and heated beds like the K&H Thermo Kitty give pet owners peace of mind even when you’re away from home. The Thermo Kitty comes with a built-in thermostat, so it will shut off automatically when the optimal temperature has been reached. The surface of the mat is waterproof and is also resistant to tears and punctures.
This heated cat bed may be a good option for use with smaller animals like ferrets. Because the cover can be taken off it makes it easy to put in the washing machine. This means that the bed can be kept clean and odor free easily, which will be appreciated by both the pets and their owners.
8. Best Friends by Sheri
Looking to make your kitty’s a little warmer this winter? This heated cat bed may be what you’ve been looking for. Heat therapy is used to ease joint pain and stiffness, increase circulation and reduce inflammation. Overall, it’ll make your kitty pleasant and comfortable.
This bed is shaped like a traditional human bed with guard rails and a headboard. The queen-sized bed is perfect for large cats and smaller ones can fit into the space that’s left over.
The cat bed has 3 temperature settings to choose from and is especially great for the elderly or those with joint and arthritis issues. Simply choose your desired temperature and let the heat do the rest. The battery-operated heating pads on the sides are separated into two parts so you can move them around for optimum heating. The top heats up to 102.5F and the bottom up to 93F.
9. Milliard Thermal Cat Mat
- Heats entire area
- Can be used inside or outside
- Collar clips around pet’s neck
- Waterproof and washable
- Has an auto-shutoff feature
- Comes with 2 different sized mats
- High quality and safe
- Batteries and ac adapter available as optional extras
- A great value for your money
- There is no remote control
- Difficulty in changing the temperature
- Short power cord
There is a reason why the Milliard Thermal Cat Mat Heater is so popular – apart from the features, it’s really effective too.
The unit has a duo-function cord. One side is for the mat and the other for the heated collar. The length of the cable is 9 feet.
The collar has just 3 buttons: power, mild, and high. The collar automatically shuts off after one hour, which means you can leave your pet unattended.
10. Pet Magasin Self Warming Cat Cave Bed
Pet Magasin is an online pet product store that focuses on providing cost-friendly products for pets.
This cat cave bed features a self-warming system that provides cat with a sense of security and safety in the winter-like climate. And the cat cave bed can be used during warmer months as well.
The cat cave bed is available in three sizes – small, medium, and large. Each sizing option provides your cat with plenty of space. It’s easy to assemble and lightweight. Plus, the bed can be unattached from the cave in seconds.
11. Hollypet Self-Warming 2 in 1 Foldable Cave Shape High Elastic Foam Pet Cat Bed
- The 2 in 1 design is practical and stylish
- The self-heating function is accurate and reliable
- There is room for multiple pets in this bed
- Featuring a removable orthopedic memory pad, it’s well-suited for older pets
- The mattress is not the most durable
- At 16”x16”, some animals may find it too small
- The mattress has a faint chemical odor that lasts for a couple days
- The memory foam cover has an odor and may pose a health risk to cats
The unique Hollypet Self Heating 2 in 1 Foldable Cave Shape High Elastic Foam Pet Cat Bed for Cats and Small Dogs is a practical and stylish way for your pet to keep warm and cozy during cold seasons. It features a self-heating function that’s designed to keep the bed at a consistent temperature 24/7. The mattress is filled with a soft, elastic and anti-slip sponge design that provides maximum comfort to your pet.
12. Pet Fit
The Pet Fit for Life Snuggle Soft is a good choice if you’re searching for a heating pad for your pet. It’s comfortable, easy to use, and even safe for your pet.
The Snuggle Soft features a cool to the touch surface so you’ll be able to place it on any surface without worrying that your pet will get burned. It comes in two different sizes – one size for small pets and other for large dogs.
The unit features built-in controls which are easy to use and understand. It’s important to note that a thorough reading of the manual would be helpful. The instructions manual is included and covers all the different sizes.
13. K&H Pet Products Kitty Sleephouse
- Perfect for cats of all ages and breeds
- Easy to setup and maintain
- Comes with your choice of heating system
- Has room for two adult cats
- Can be used as a heated dog bed
- Comes with a 3D removable cover
- Has a washable waterproof liner
- Soft sherpa cushion
- Built-in pet odor neutralizers
- Ideal for dogs, cats, puppies and kittens
- Comes in different colors and sizes
14. KANE Pet Heat Mat(Heated Pet Pad) 110-120V
- Heats to an ideal level for comfort
- An economical choice, not requiring electricity
- Water-resistant and simple to clean
- The perfect pad for pregnant cats
- Stylish and cool colors
- Outlasts other surfaces
- Temperature automatically adjusts to your cat’s body heat
- Comes in 8 feet and 16 feet square for multiple pets
- Can be used in infant carriers, carriers, and cold regions
- Run under low heat to keep the bed from getting too hot
- Few cases of short-term skin problems
- The pad can get holes after multiple washes
The KANE Heated pet pad is a great gift for your cat.It is a very safe,portable, and economical product which you can place on top of any surface, including hard surfaces like tables, dressers, or couches, or you can put it on the floor of your home or car. It uses two low consumption,long life-span and high-quality Nichaon heating elements to efficiently heat your cat giving it comfort as it moves around.
15. Mojonnie Soft Fleece Self-Warming Cat Bed Warm Sleeping Bed
The Mojonnie heated cat bed comes in 4 different colors and two sizes: small and medium. Smaller animals will appreciate the extra space in this compact bed.
Since it’s got 3 layers of material, it’s very healthy to use. It’s fitted with a microfiber quilt that’s well-ventilated and antimicrobial. And comes with the added benefit of being water resistant.
The middle layer is made from thermoplastic polyurethane. Using intelligent sensors, the bed will automatically shift to a heating rate of 25W to 38W.
16. ALEKO PHBED17S Electric Thermo-Pad Heated Pet Bed
- Great price
- Thermostatic control of temperature
- Extremely durable
- Guaranteed to keep your pets warm
- Perfect for all pets
It’s important to note that this is not a heated pet bowl. This heated pet bed for dogs and cats is the ideal product in keeping them warm, especially during the colder seasons. It features an internal thermostatic control which allows you to keep your pets at any desired temperature. The soft and knitted fabric of this pet bed offers excellent comfort to your pets and ensures their safety even during harsh weather conditions.
We especially like the fact that it’s washable. This way, you can clean it regularly and ensure that it remain hygienic even after numerous washing. It’s also made from a decent material, which makes it more durable and less susceptible to ripping, tearing, and scratching.
As for the heating mechanism, it uses a much safer electrical heating cable, which is connected to a UL-listed transformer for power. All of which makes it safe, energy-efficient, and reliable for your pets.
17. K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Fashion Splash Heated Cat Bed
- Sleeps warm with heated micro-cotton cover
- Soft micro-cotton cover feels like a human bed
- Features a soft, microfleece-lined removable cover
- Heated bed can be used indoor and outdoor
- Overstuffed bolsters for extra comfort
- Easy to clean
- Available in multiple colors
- Can fit up to 3 cats simultaneously
The Thermo-Kitty Fashion Splash Heated Cat Bed from K&H Pet Products is designed with a soft fleece cover and orthopedic foam base that will help your cat or dogs keep warm in the winter. Made from micro-cotton, this heated bed is lined with a thermal cotton liner, which ensures your pet has a cozy and comfortable place to sleep. You can also get it in multiple colors so you can always match your furniture. The soft fleece cover is machine washable; simply take it off and throw it in the washing machine for a quick clean, without having to remove the inner cover and thermal pads.
18. Warmstore Pet Heating Pad Heated Dog Beds Warmer
- Adjustable thermostat that offers temperature control between 60-90oF
- Goes under your pets’ bedding for a cozy feel
- Very economical – only 1.2 watts!
- This heating pad doesn’t lay completely flat
- Does not have an audible alarm if overheating
Comfort Heating Pet Pad Warmstore Dogs Cats With Adjustable Controller, (30cm*20cm*3cm).
The Warmstore pet heating pad is an electronic warming pad with adjustable heating (60-90oF). It comes with an attached controller that allows you adjust the temperature so you can make the most of the power consumption – saving power.
It runs on 1.2 watts to offer a completely safe heating system that is not dependent on weather conditions. It’s made to be used inside a bedding or blanket for your cat. It’s entirely safe for your pets and is machine washable.
19. ALEKO PBH20X16X8 Electric Thermo-Pad Heated Pet Bed
- High-quality dense plush fabric
- 7 heat settings
- 26 watts of heating power – suitable for small dogs, cats, and puppies
- Heat lasts for 2-3 hours
- Covering starts to bunch which is a bit annoying after a while.
When temperatures drop cats like to huddle together. This is only because they’re cold, but you could turn that frown upside down! Using a heated cat bed can make your kitty both comfortable and happy.
The ALEKO PBH20X16X8 is a large heated pet bed for cats that provides 3500 heat for up to 2-3 hours. Features include a 7 heat setting that you can use to keep your kitty nice and cozy. It also has a plush cover that you can unzip and wash when it gets dirty.
The fill layer is made of high quality dense plush fabric which keeps the cat cool in summer and warm in winter.
20. K&H Pet Products 3191 Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed Small Mocha 16" 4W
The cat bed heats to 95-100 degrees Fahrenheit. This may not seem that warm to humans, but for cats that’s right on the mark. Most cats prefer cool temperature. K&H Pet Products 3191 Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed has an auto time setting that allows the heat to last for 15 minutes and then go off for an hour.
The cats will be able to snuggle with the K&H Pet Products for approximately 2 hours. This is pretty cool for cat lovers. The bed is fluffy with a removable zippered cover that’s plush yet durable. The cover is removable, so you can machine wash it and even dry the cover in the dryer. The bed is comfortable for cats of all ages – so, its a perfect investment if you have a kitten and a senior cat.
21. Allied Heated 23-Inch by 29-Inch Pet Mat
The Allied Heated Pet Mat is a 23, by 29 inches offering two heat settings, and running off a 16 foot cord. It’s the perfect space for cats to lie on, and snooze.
The two settings available are Low and High to fit your pet’s needs. It’s simple to use, and the power settings are easy to get to. Perpendicular heating lines run across the mat making this comfortable for your pet to lay on.
As this mat is designed for all-weather use, it’s a good idea to pick up a cover to keep pet hair off it from being recharged. There once was a problem with faulty wiring, but it’s been addressed to prevent future mishaps.
22. UVA UVB Mercury Vapor Bulb
The UVA UVB Mercury Vapor Bulb by Zoo Med is a great way to give your coiled pet a nice warm spot. This bulb puts out a special light that animals can feel, and a special heat that they can feel.
These bulbs get extremely hot, and can easily cook your pet if they get too close. The way around this is to have the bulb off when nobody is home, or just using a lamp timer.
Depending on how many months your pet is, they might need more UV light than heat.
23. PawHut 24" Indoor Electric Heated Dog Pet Bed
- Very warm and cozy!
- Good cushion for my cat
- The heating bed is really amazing; the cat loves it!
- Took 10 minutes for heating to kick in, and they were surprised that it actually heated up the bed!
- Keeps the cat warm for a few hours
- Tricky to clean, as it is made of fabric. So if it comes in contact with dirt, you have to clean it often to prevent it from smelling
- Overall, the purchasers were all very happy with the product. There is a small amount of leakage after the heating part dies down. However, this can be just a bad batch of this product, as most say that there is no leakage.
Looking for a pet bed for your hard working pets? Let us introduce you to this great product. Made of durable fabric, this bed offers all that an animal needs, from the looks to the comfort that this bed provides for them.
24. IB SOUND Heating Pads
- Has a good size: 21.5”x13.7”x1.8”
- The silicon cover is removable and machine washable
- The surface of the mat is waterproof
- It has a good weight
- Comes with a 24 hours money back guarantee
- Very affordable
- Has soft control buttons (left and right side)
- Available in two sizes: 4lbs and 7lbs
- Excessive heat can be a concern if your pet takes time to get used to it
- The instructions manual could have more information
- Has a short lifespan, meaning you have to replace it often
The IB SOUND Heating Pad is made with your cats health in mind. It’s perfect for larger cats and dogs who love to get comfy on the couch.
The IB SOUND comes with a 1-year warranty, 2 covers, and a large size: 21.5”x13.7”x1.8”. Suitable for pets weighing up to 7 lbs.
The heating pads are plug-in heaters, which can also be used as a heating pad on bed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are heated beds safe for cats?
Yes, in fact, cat’s instinct draws them to warm places.
If you live in a cold climate, your cat may sleep in the sun in your courtyard or on a sunny windowsill.
A cat bed with a heat source is a convenient and safe way to give your cat a warm place to sleep, especially when temperatures are below freezing.
In the winter, indoor cats are at risk of hypothermia because of their lack of ability to regulate body temperature.
Cats who do not have a proper place to sleep are even more susceptible to getting cold.
Do cats like warm beds?
Many cat lovers have struggled for decades trying to find a way to keep their pet cats warm in the cold.
Cats are obviously unwilling to warm up physically by themselves. Even if they want, they do not feel like hiding under a blanket or put on an extra pair of sweater.
Heated pet beds are designed to keep your kitty warm, and it works, especially in these cold winters. Most importantly, it can also keep your cat well-rested as it is a sleeping thing.
How can I make my cat's bed warmer?
There are several types of heated cat beds on the market, and you can choose from warming mats to heated pillows to heated beds, floor to wall to ceiling pillow, and even heated blankets.
What is a self warming cat bed?
A heated cat bed is a good way to keep your cat off your nice furniture.
The main purpose of a heated cat bed is to keep your cat warm like you would in your bed.
They are mostly used as a way to keep the cat off the furniture and thus from using your expensive furniture such as the couch.
Some cats can be picky as to where they want to sleep while others will just lay down wherever they would like. This is such an easy way to save your furniture and keep your cat cozy. I have two cats and I used to have issues with one using my couch as a scratching post and the other using it as a litter box.
We used one of these beds for two months and it saved my cat from all the above listed problems. We also didn’t have to deal with them jumping on the furniture.
If you want to get your cat a nice warm bed in which she can sit and relax in, then you should definitely get yourself a high-quality heated cat bed.
Our research turned up some incredibly useful heated cat bed reviews and we also found a few things that you should know about them.
Just because you’ve got a cat doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give her a high-end heated cat bed.
|K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed Deluxe Small Tan||Best Overall|
|Thermal Cat Pet Dog Warming Bed Mat||Budget Pick|
|KANE Pet Heat Mat(Heated Pet Pad) 110-120V||Upgrade Pick|