Cats are curious by nature, and they love to be challenged and stimulated. Interactive cat toys are the perfect way to do just that. They stimulate their minds and allow them to use their natural instincts to hunt and capture prey. Interactive cat toys are also great at keeping your cat healthy and fit, especially if they spend a lot of time inside during the day.
We’ve compiled a list of our favorite interactive cat toys to help you answer these questions above and pick out the right interactive cat toy for your cat.
|Petstages Cat Tracks Cat Toy||Best Overall|
|Cat Dancer Products Rainbow Cat Charmer||Budget Pick|
|SnugglyCat The Ripple Rug||Upgrade Pick|
1. Petstages Cat Tracks Cat Toy
- Tracks multiple cats
- Handy control unit
- Bright colors
- Battery cord is useless
- Balls don’t roll well
- Only has one level of play
Petstages Cat Tracks is an interactive cat toy that allows you to interact with your cats in a whole new way.
The circular track comes with an attached track pad which is activated by motion or sound. The track will rotate as cats run around the track pad. You can set the automatic level to go left, right, or rotate. Alternatively, you can manually set the motion to move in one direction.
The rotating balls are rubber with metallic gold centers. It’s easy for your kitty to chase the balls and bat them around.
2. Petlinks Tunnel and Hideout Cat Toys
- Easily holds 2 felines
- The material prevents ears and tails from getting clogged
- Target-like design for exercising your cat’s brain
- Easy to assemble
- Soft and durable
- Affordably priced
- The length of the tunnels may be too short for some pets
- The small rubber ball may not be a huge hit with the smallest cats
When it comes to interactive cat toys, the Petlinks really shines. It’s the perfect hideout toy for cat lovers and owners of multiple felines. How much fun is this little hideout? It’s cat-nip packed, arching tunnels. The product description says the tunnels, but there are two horizontal tunnels – each with a different opening. This means that when your kitty is playing with this, they’ll be able to see and stalk each other from their two sides.
3. Prosper Pet Cat Tunnel
- Interactive tunnel keeps cats busy and out of trouble
- Cats can play from any angle – top, bottom, or side
- Tubing is big enough for two or three cats at a time
- Great price point
- There is no risk of your cat getting its paw stuck in the tunnel
- It is lightweight for easy portability
- Comes in a range of colors
- Easy assembly
- Lightweight construction
- The tubes came with a slight kink but it didn't affect performance
- The fabric is very thin, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems
- When you roll it up, the tabs and rings used for connecting sections can come undone
- The tunnels may require frequent cleaning to combat a mildew smell
- The fabric flap to the outside was soon ripped after my kitten starting playing with it
4. Cat Dancer Products Rainbow Cat Charmer
- Great for interactive play between you and the cat
- Easy to play and can be used both inside and out
- Strengthens the bond between you and your cat
- Material is durable and won’t break easily
This plastic contraption features a dangling mouse along with a bright ball attached to the end. The end also has a rhythmically swinging tail.
First of all, Cat Dancer Cat Charmer With Bell is made from a very durable material. The hard plastic means it won’t break easily like other toys can.
To ensure your cat is safe, this toy comes with a textured surface which is safe for cats to bite on and claw. As always, check your cat’s claws regularly to ensure they’re not too sharp.
5. Paws & Pals Cat Toys
- "Interactive toys that will keep your cat busy and entertained for hours
- "Playful, handsome design
- "Made from safe materials that are nice for your cat to a soft touch
- "Batting and chasing will strengthen muscles and help to keep him or her active and healthy
- "Can also be used as an exercise tool for calmer cats
- "Easy to clean — They can be hand washed or simply run under some tap water and air dried
- "These are the perfect gift for any cat lover!"
- "A few reviewers said the feathers/balls would fall out of the wand toys after a little while
- "Some reviewers had problems with the balls getting stuck in their cat’s teeth
- "Some reviewers said they couldn’t leave their cats alone with these toys because they feared they would throw them around the house
- "This is probably due to the materials sourced which does mimic real bird feathers
- "Lives up to its claim in its description
"Overall, it’s a great cat interactive teaser toy."
6. HEXBUG nano Robotic Cat Toy
- Interactive cat toy
- Self-charging, battery operated
- Battery life is up to 1.5 hours
- LED light indicators when the toy needs to be charged
- Batteries are inclued
- Includes 6 units
- Multiple speeds
- The in-built antenna allows you to control the directions of the bug
- Battery-powered and requires batteries
Colors(6 Pack) (Black, Green, Grey, Purple, Orange and Blue).
This cat toy takes fun to new heights as you can play with it (and cats). This automated cat toy features LED lights and sounds. In addition, it makes a beeping sound when it needs to be charged.
This new product by the company is a fun robotic cat toy with a battery life of 1.5 hours. You can choose at least 3 different speed settings and rotate the toy in a circular motion to simulate prey. In addition, you can control the bug’s direction using the built-in antenna.
7. SmartyKat Hot Pursuit Cat Toy Concealed Motion Toy
- Excellent cats love play and they loved this cat toy.
- Cats and pet parents love play and they loved this toy for happy hour.
- Our cat was immediately intrigued from the first function.
- It makes mewing, squeaking noise that gets your cat’s attention.
- This toy will definitely attract your cat.
- Made of high-quality materials.
- With this cat toy, it is difficult for cats to attack and catch it.
- This toy comes with two balls.
- Cats loved it.
- The toy is safe and sturdy.
It measures 2.8 inches by 1.77 inches by 2 inches.
This cat toy is excellent for your cat.
8. PetFusion Ambush Interactive Electronic Cat Toy
- High-tech interactive cat toy
- Features 2 smart modes: chase/play and automatic rotating motion
- Batteries included
- The feather can be removed and replaced free of charge
- Plush with a feather-like texture
- Produces a unique and realistic feather movement
- No loose parts and no mess
- Covers a wide area of the floor
- Relatively quiet while still intriguing cats
- Only available in two colors
- The motion sensor can be too sensitive
- The feathers wear out over time
- The on/off button is a bit awkward to press
This automatic cat toy is designed to offer exercise while mimicking a bird in flight. The feather dangles from a string and warms up to lure cats into chasing it. And when their paws reach to snatch at it, it will move away and simulate pouncing.
According to manufacturer claims, this interactive cat toy has features a battery-operated motor that enables the feather to move up to 8 feet per second.
The CatFusion Ambush also comes with two different modes: either chase where the feather moves away when touched, or play where it moves back and forth.
9. SmartyKat Feather Whirl Electronic Motion Cat Toy
If you don’t have a cat, this one might be a bit too literal for you. If you do have a kitty in your life, they’re sure to have hours of fun when the SmartyKat Feather Whirl is in their enclosure.
This cat toy is compact with a cute design, and is also made out of high quality material.
The electronics work well, and the feather heads (actually they’re twirlers) activate slowly and seamlessly.
10. SnugglyCat The Ripple Rug
- Unique high quality material
- Made in the USA
- Rug is insulating—keeps your cat or kitten warm
- Raised edges are great for lounging or play
- Ripple cutouts can be used for training
- Fun interactive play; scratching training
- Durable and lightweight
- Machine wash in cold water (gentle cycle) with a mild detergent
- Extra thick material
- Ripple rugs may not work for all cats
- Has a very strong odor
- Sizes may run small
- You may need to punch a few more holes to get the right fit for your cat
This product is attractive and fun for cats that like to play.
11. PetSafe SlimCat Interactive Toy and Food Dispenser
- Helps to preserve mental and physical energy
- Automatic food dispenser
- Sleek, compact, portable
- Assist in dental health
- Saves time
- Built-in timer and play patterns
- Rechargeable battery
- Great for multiple cats
- Personalized playtime for your cat
- The feeder needs a little work
- May not be the best for cats that paw and bat
- You will need to restart the feeder if it pauses too long between meals
The PetSafe SlimCat Interactive Duo Food Dispenser is an automatic food dispenser and toy that encourages healthy eating and lifelong play. The SlimCat is small and compact and you will need to ensure that you have enough space for it in your home.
12. PetDroid Boltz Hanging Automatic Interactive Laser Cat Toy
- Exceptional quality – depends on the material
- Creates a fun and engaging play environment for your cat
- Lightweight and easy to hide
- It’s durable
- The hanging string is long enough so that it’s out of the reach of predators
- It works well for older cats and senior cats
- The setup process is easy
- The price is affordable – about the same as a decent mouse/rat
- It’s easy to store
- The batteries are cheap
13. Petlinks Electronic Motion Cat Toys
- Hours of entertainment for your cat
- Great for cat owners who value interactive play
- Simple to use
- The motion sensor allows cats of all ages to play together
- Doesn’t like large dogs
- Not particularly sturdy
- The battery doesn’t last long
- Not for aggressive cats
Petclink interactive toys are great for 2 or more cats to play at but are also loved and bought as gifts for 1 cat owner to play with their cat.
The toy consists of a base which detects motion. This motion triggers a handheld wand which makes a clicking sound and lights up with a red light.
The wand is held up to 3 ft away from the base and has a trigger button on the handle to make the clicking sound and the opposing end is rounded and allows the cat to bat it around.
14. PetSafe Bolt
- Automatic, so it won’t get on your nerves
- Battery life is within the specified range
- Interactive for your cat to enjoy
- Great for when you’re away!
- Can play with your cat as it’s charging
- Motion sensor works well
- The set-up was easy
- A decent value for your $
- Although cats love it, it’s not suitable for small dogs
- Doesn’t easily fit in regular decor, which may pose an issue for some people
- Your cat will get frustrated if you don’t play with it
- Takes a few weeks for your cat to get completely used to it
The PetSafe Bolt is a battery-operated laser toy for cats that automatically turns on, and features a random pattern.
It’s suitable for all cats and is great for boredom, exercise, and keeping your feline friend occupied when you’re away. The Bolt Automatic, Interactive Laser Cat Toy features a random pattern so your cat can’t anticipate when the laser will come on.
15. HEXBUG Mouse Robotic Cat Toy
It is a world leader in robotic cat toys. HEXBUG created the Mouse Robotic Cat Toy to provide hours of cat fun and to get your furry friend active.
There are no cords and no switches – your cat simply dashes to catch this small robotic mouse.
16. Catit Design Senses Play Circuit
- Interactive and engaging toy that helps stimulate your cat’s mind
- Affordable price
- Designed to keep your cat occupied, and fit
- Easy to clean
The Catit Design Senses Play Circuit is designed to keep your cat busy and keep them entertained for hours.
You can toss it, push it, flip it, and turn it. It features crinkle paper, cardboard, and a ball in the center.
There is also a ball attached to a feather that moves around the track.
17. Cat Amazing
- Impressive level of dexterity and mental stimulation
- Attractive design featuring bright colors and textures
- Highly entertaining for cats and cat parents
- Various levels of challenge that encourage your cat to be bold and explore
- Can be used as a solo or multi-player game
- Assembly takes some effort
- Clear plastic base is not as durable as some other components
- Two pieces can sometimes come apart unexpectedly
The amazing Cat Amazing is a game changer in the world of interactive cat toys.
One of the more unique cat toys on the market, this brightly-colored toy not only provides cats with an intellectually-stimulating outlet for exercise, but it also makes them work for their treats.
The goal is simple: Using their paws, the cat must reach the treat that's being concealed in the toy by maneuvering it through various openings. As they do this, some of the outer pieces will pop out a bit, making the game more exciting and keeping your cat's attention until they finally attain their reward.
18. SmartCat Peek-A-Prize Toy Box
- Toys are made from recycled plastic bottles
- Adjustable security settings
- It can play music
- Catnip toy included
- Nonslip base
- Dishwasher safe
- Suitable for kittens and cats only
- Control panel display may not be big enough for some users
Scoop away your cat’s boredom with the SmartCat Peek’n–Play. The Peek’n’Play box will keep your cat engaged with a variety of prizes. There’s a scratch pad, cardboard tunnel and a ball. You can control the box from your smartphone, so you can always play games like “Where’s My Cat?” if you have to leave the house for a while.
There’s no setup required. It will work on WiFi, after downloading the free app. The box will always stay connected to the internet so you can always give your kitty a treat.
19. Doc & Phoebe's Interactive Indoor Hunting Cat Feeder
- It’s as simple to operate as clicker training your cat
- It’s virtually clean fast
- There’s no cleanup
- No bag refills to buy
- Interactive fun for your cat
- The design lets you control it without ever touching it
- Attaches to your cabinet for convenient access
- Regrettably, it’s not completely silent
- The parts are a bit flimsy, so you must handle them carefully
- The manual is a little hard to understand
If you’re a cat owner who dreads the idea of having to clean the litter box, then you may really enjoy the D & P’s Hunting Feeder. The concept is simple: a cat can get food out of a box, but it needs to be active to do it.
The feeder works like this: when your cat moves the lever, the food dispenses. If your cat moves the lever again before eating, the food will head back up the chute. This is a very simple concept, and yet it works brilliantly.
20. PetSafe FUNKitty Egg Cersizer Interactive Toy and Food Dispenser
- Easy to use food dispenser
- Pleasant music
- Helps promote exercise in your cat
- Draws your cat in with an enticing opening
- Fun, whimsical design
The PetSafe Funkitty Egg Cersizer is a fun, whimsical toy that helps to keep your cat active and happy. It’s a two-part system: one part is an egg-shaped ball that’s filled with your cat’s favorite food. The other part is the dispenser.
When your cat plays with the ball, treats are released from the dispenser. This rewards kitty and encourages play. The colorful design is appealing to your cat. It also creates a soft, pleasing music. This motivates your cat even more! The dispenser also releases treats when your cat pounces on it.
The Egg Cersizer is also great for cats who are bored. If you like your cat to be active and play, this is the toy to get. With nothing moving inside the ball, your cat won’t get frustrated with it. This means it will stay engaged with the toy for hours at a time.
21. PetSafe Pounce Cat Toy
The PetSafe Pounce cat toy is an electronic automatic cat toy that comes with an adjustable timer to control how long the toy plays for.
This toy features a sturdy fabric base and an eccentric ball that bounces, darts, twists and turns. It’s sure to pique your cat’s interest.
PetSafe Pounce comes with a button on the battery box that allows you to adjust the timer to your cat’s preference. It’s also designed for multiple cat households with three different timer settings.
22. Kong Cat Wobbler
If you’re looking for the best interactive cat toys, then look no further!
The Kong Cat Wobbler is an awesome treat dispensing toy that you can use with cat treats or dry cat food (that you can crush beforehand). This toy features an unpredictable bounce and wobble that’s pretty hard to resist for even the laziest cats.
The cat wobbler is made from high-quality materials, so don’t worry about your cat destroying it easily. It’s recommended you only use dry treats with this toy, as the kibble might be problematic.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best interactive cat toy?
This is definitely the toughest category I’ve had to rank for this year, and for a very good reason: there’s just too many good options. Cat toys have come a long way recently, and they are constantly improving.
Each toy I’ve selected either made my cat mesmerized, or it did nothing but scratch it.
Cats are very finicky, and there are many factors that come into play when choosing which toys are the best for your cat.
What are the best cat toys to buy?
It really depends on the type of personalities you have at home. If you have two cats of opposite types, set some rules and spend some time with them and find out what each cat likes.
The good thing is that you can find affordable cat toys out there that are made to fit all different types of play styles.
How do I keep my cat entertained while at work?
If your cat is indoors all day while you are at work, it's important to provide them with proper entertainment and stimulation.
The best way to do this is to purchase toys that challenge your cat mentally and physically while you're at work.
There are a ton of cat toys available. Some are more fun than others.
If your cat was just a kitten a few years ago, they probably loved the catnip filled wand toys or the little mice that you would dangle in front of them.
However, many cats will get bored of toys if they are not switched out often.
Is it bad to use a laser pointer with cats?
Some argue that cats are drawn to the bright green light more than anything else and are not able to catch the non-existent creature that is being hunted. Others argue that the laser pointer is a “smart cat toy” that helps them to engage in normal cat behaviors and test their hunting instincts.
Traditional cat toys such as balls and dangling toys have the same goal: to satisfy natural predatory behaviors. A laser is intended to be a fun game between you (and your cat) and is not a regular mid-day toy for your feline.
Part of the allure of using a laser pointer to play with your cat is that it will satisfy both you and your kitty. Since the laser beam is not a real creature, it can leave you feeling fulfilled by the running and fetching game you play with your cat. You are also engaged in that activity you and your cat both love: play.
You’ve gone through what we considered the best interactive cat toys, but what do other people think?
Well, for this guide, we reviewed just about every interactive cat toy on the market, and our biggest pet peeve is skimmers who just move through with the minimum amount of research. To go with our recommendations we decided to ask around the internet and get a sense of what others thought of our selections.
So, with your opinions and the opinions of others, this page is designed to give you an unbiased view of the best interactive cat toys.
|Petstages Cat Tracks Cat Toy||Best Overall|
|Cat Dancer Products Rainbow Cat Charmer||Budget Pick|
|SnugglyCat The Ripple Rug||Upgrade Pick|