If your dog is having joint problems, there’s a strong chance you’re tempted to run out and get everybody’s favorite supplement like glucosamine for dogs or chondroitin for dogs.
Unfortunately, there are a host of joint supplements available on the market, with each one claiming to have the cure for what ails your dog. So which joint supplement is the best one for your canine companion?
That’s what we’re going to talk through today, so stick around to learn how to find the best joint supplement for your furry best friend.
|Cosequin Maximum Strength Joint Supplement Plus MSM||Best Overall|
|PetNC Natural Care Hip and Joint Soft Chews||Budget Pick|
|100% Natural Glucosamine||Upgrade Pick|
1. Cosequin Maximum Strength Joint Supplement Plus MSM
- Contains MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin for building and maintaining healthy bones and joints
- Helps your dog to recover from injury and maintain healthy joints
- These dog joint supplements contain MCHC, an amino acid that supports cartilage health
- There’s not just one, but two easy-to-take chewable tablets – one for each serving.
- Comes in a pack of 90 healthy treats for your pet
- This product contains a glutamine complex that helps support the health of the lining of the stomach
- Dogs need something to chew on and this product provides the perfect outlet
- You might need to use a different flavor than the one you’re used to. It’s okay
- Quality product offered for a low price
- You might want to use water to help make the tablets easier to digest and swallow
- Occasional diarrhea might occur after taking the recommended dosage, but it’ll subside within a day or two
This product contains MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin that have been used to produce joint supplements for humans. So, it’s a product that you can trust to contain ingredients that won’t harm your dog.
2. ProSense Advanced Strength
- The price is cheap, which means you’re spending next-to-nothing for better joint health
- It contains glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM for healthy joints
- It’s made of rice bran and chicken for optimal health
There are very few natural joint supplements for dogs. Some of these supplements use glucosamine as their main ingredient, which is a natural compound found in animal cartilages. This dog joint supplement used a combination of glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM. It also contains antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E.
Obesity can be a big factor when it comes to no longer being spry. However, there are instances where an overweight dog can still be healthy. As for this chewable tablet, it’s made from chicken which should make your dog lick his chops.
This dog joint supplement also makes use of rice bran, which is also a healthy food for dogs with arthritis.
3. PetNC Natural Care Hip and Joint Soft Chews
- Contains four essential natural ingredients that help to reduce inflammation
- Manufactured in the USA
- Was never tested on animals
- No artificial dyes or preservatives
- 3 Flavor options; can be given to your dogs both raw and cooked
- Comes in a 30 day pack
- Great chewables for older dogs
PetNC natural care hip and joint soft chews for dogs is considered to be the best natural dog joint supplement. There users didn’t found any negative feedback about this product.
4. NaturVet – Glucosamine DS Plus
- Fast acting
- Great for arthritic pets
- Made in America
- Safe for dogs
- Reliable joint supplement
- Made using quality ingredients that dogs need
The Glucosamine DS Plus Level 2 Moderate Care helps support the body's natural mechanism for maintaining healthy hip and joint function in dogs.
It contains Glucosamine Mild Joint Care Supplement, MSM, plus essential minerals and vitamins that support skin, connective tissue, bone and cartilage health. Glucosamine can soak deep into joints for fast action that helps provide dogs with support for joint flexibility, joint comfort and mobility.
This supplement also contains Chondroitin, an ingredient known to support cartilage and promote faster healing. With these combined. This supplement can put an end to the pain and discomfort caused by dysplasia and early arthritis.
5. ActivFlex – Glucosamine
ActivFlex is one of the top rated joint supplements for dogs and it works by naturally adding collagen to support the joints. It’s great that it comes with 120 joint care chews for dogs to get you quickly up and running with your new joint supplement.
All of the ingredients are carefully selected, and we’re happy to report that the numbers of natural joints are high on their list. For example, the MSM and turmeric for joint pain can help a lot. Turmeric works in a number of ways to reduce joint pain, especially if you’re using it topically.
What’s special about this joint supplement is that it also supports immune health. We suggest using this joint supplement together with a glucosamine joint supplement for dogs and the best joint supplement for senior dogs.
6. Glucosamine for Dogs
- Vitamin Rich with Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D3 to help support immunity and overall health
- Glucosamine with MSM to help support healthy joints, bones and cartilage
- Turmeric Root Extract with Boswellia Extract and Ginger Extract to help support the body's ability to heal
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Derived from USA sourced ingredients
- No Wheat, corn, soy, sugar, salt, animal by-products, artificial flavors, colors, fillers, additives or preservatives
- Ground to ensure the potent bio-availability for maximum potency
- Free from artificial ingredients, additives or preservatives.
- Free from antibiotics, steroids or hormones.
- 4-6 weeks to see results
- The vitamins are lower than that of other glucosamine brands
- No flavored variety
- The manufacturer could provide a more detailed analysis of the ingredients
- You have to give it to your dog on a regular basis.
Glucosamine For Dogs Advanced is the best joint supplement for dogs. The supplement is specially designed to support the body's ability to heal and eliminate joint swelling and pain.
There are a plethora of glucosamine supplements available in both pill form and chews for dogs. But this one stands out in many ways.
7. Doggie Dailies Glucosamine
Doggie Dailies Glucosamine is a joint supplement with a positive approval rating from customers. It’s also considered to be one of the best dog joint supplements for arthritis.
The formula was tested and proven to be beneficial to dogs before it was launched to the public. The chewable tablets are pleasant tasting and dogs don’t have a problem taking them.
Blue buffalo dog food is a trusted brand; and at this price point, it’s the best joint supplement for dogs with arthritis.
8. Solid Gold Glucosamine & Joint Health Chews
- Best Joint Supplements for dogs
- Contains ingredients that are sourced from naturals
- Doesn’t contain any artificial colors or flavorings
- Can be given to dogs of all ages
- GMP Certified
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- Made in the United States
- It’s a bit expensive compared to others on the market
- You might need to monitor the dog’s consumption during the first few days of usage
- It’s important that your dog is in good health before giving him or her this product
A lot of people rely on Solid Gold Glucosamine and Joints for their pets. It’s manufactured by a reputable company with decades of experience in caring for pets. This product is safe, and it comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
This supplement is known for lighting a fire under the bones of ailing dogs. It’s a great source of alternative for your pets that can’t go outside or get regular exercise.
It’s been clinically tested for pets with joint concerns, and it has proven to be effective in a majority of cases.
9. NaturVet – Senior Wellness Hip & Joint Advanced Plus Omegas
- Made with highly palatable tastes for dogs
- Advanced formula with Turmeric for healthy joints and cartilage
- Best price & high quality
- Supports hip & joint health
- Great for dog who is susceptible to arthritis, hip dysplasia etc.
- Does not cause diarrhea, vomiting, gas or other common side effects
- Can be a bit pricey
- Limited availability at some online retailers
If your dog is suffering from hip & joint issues, then this may be the right supplement for you and your beloved pets.
NaturVet is one of the most popular and best-selling dog supplement brands in the market. The brand has even been endorsed by large-scale dog health organizations such as AAHA and DACVIM.
The NaturVet Senior Hip & Joint Advanced is a must-have for your growing dog. The best part of this supplement is that it helps to build healthy joints and cartilage for your dog.
10. Veterinary Naturals
- Available in three different flavors – chicken, bacon & turkey, and beef & bacon
- Has only a 2% margin of beef, making it suitable for vegan dog owners
- Contains natural ingredients
- Made in the USA
- Includes all the essential ingredients and nutrients for joint support
- The packaging is convenient and an easy dispenser for kids and adults with a pull tab at the top
- Only 90 chews are available in one bottle; which is less compared to other brands
- It’s more expensive compared to other brands of comparable quality
- There are no natural pain relievers
For dogs that suffer from joint and bone issues, the Veterinary Naturals – Hemp and Hips – Organic Hip and Joint Supplement – 60 Soft Chews is a great supplement to consider.
In this detailed guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about joint health supplements such as glucosamine for dogs, as well as tips on how to choose the best joint supplements for dogs.
Along with that, we’ll review the best joint supplements for dogs available in the market today.
11. 100% Natural Glucosamine
- Provides maximum joint health for your pet
- Comes with a money back guarantee
- Includes glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM
- Great for both small and large dogs
- Not only used for joints but works great on repairing cartilage, connective tissue, and elasticity
- Made from all-natural ingredients
12. Glucosamine Chondroitin
- Has a money back guarantee, if you're not happy with it …
- Great taste … the chews are quite palatable
- It's a daily supplement so you can be sure it's completely safe and natural
- No negative side effects were reported
- Great for joint and hip health
Do your dogs suffer from joint and hip problems? Have you noticed that they are having a hard time moving around lately?
This Glucosamine Chondroitin for dogs could be the solution for you. Simply since it is the best joint supplement for dogs that you can find on the market today.
It improves mobility, and also helps with hip dysplasia and arthritis. This Glucosamine Chondroitin for dogs is also highly-effective in reducing inflammation of the joints and it also improves the cartilage of the joint due to its great anti-inflammatory qualities.
13. Zesty Paws Senior Advanced Glucosamine
- 100% Made in USA
- Easy to Use
- Extra Strength
- Natural & Homeopathic
- No Additives or Preservatives
- 90 Chewable Tablets
- Great for Healthy Joints
- Great for All Pets
- Great for Small Dogs
- Great for Large Dogs
Zesty Paws Senior Advanced Glucosamine for dogs has been formulated to support healthy joints and mobility for Dogs and Cats. A synergistic combination of natural ingredients including Glucosamine, Turmeric Curcumin, MSM, Green Lipped Mussel and Hyaluronic Acid.
Zesty Paws Senior Advanced Glucosamine are:
A natural supplement without additives or preservatives, Homeopathic and safe for all dogs including small and large dogs.
14. The Missing Link Original All Natural Superfood Dog Supplement
Although this is a bit pricey, all the ingredients in Missing Link are organic and in this day and age, we all know that nowadays, generic brands are not true ingredients.
15. Liquid Health K-9 Glucosamine Hip and Joint Formula
- Comes with a handy measuring scoop
- Affordable, you can expect the bottle to last for several months
- Contains xylitol, which helps fight sugar buildup
- Protects dog’s bones and joints
- Has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Some users report that there’s a fishy odor
- The smell has an “allergy” effect on some dogs
- Some bottles leak
Liquid Health K-9 Glucosamine Hip & Joint is a general joint support supplement for dogs. It’s designed to address the needs of dogs who have or are at risk of developing joint problems. This product comes in 32 oz.
This supplement is able to absorb through your dog’s system faster than other supplements because it uses glucosamine. It is also designed to help in cartilage growth.
The K-9 Glucosamine Hip & Joint can be used on dogs and puppies of all ages. It can also be used on dogs with hip problems, arthritis and joint injuries.
16. All-Natural Hip & Joint Supplement
All Natural Pet Supplements produce a range of products intended to support and keep your pet healthy. This hip and joint supplement contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, and contains organic turmeric.
Small dogs can find it difficult to balance when they get older, and developing hip and joint problems as a result can be a significant issue. Canines of all sizes can suffer from these conditions and this is where this supplement comes in. Large doses of glucosamine are used, as the compound has been shown to help protect cartilage.
The ingredients used to formulate this supplement are safe for both dogs and cats. Turmeric has long been known to be a great natural anti-inflammatory and the same goes for MSM.
17. TerraMax Pro Best Hip and Joint Supplement
- There are only about 12 ingredients in this product, but the ingredients are of the highest quality.
- It’s a pure liquid supplement, which makes it easy to administer.
- Dogs love the taste of this product, which is a huge advantage.
- Each bottle is made in the USA. While the product itself is manufactured in China.
- The product manufacturer has an excellent customer service reputation.
- This product is free of additives and fillers.
- A little more expensive than the average joint supplement.
- Check out the full review below for more details on this product.
18. POINTPET Hemp Hip and Joint Supplement
- Made in the USA
- Easy to store
- Delivered directly to your doorstep
- Veterinary approved
- Has sixty servings, so you'll go through a bottle in a month or two
- Contains anti-inflammatory ingredients
- Made from high-quality ingredients
- The act of buying it helps support the Treatment Education and Research Trust in raising awareness and improving treatment of all pets with cancer
- You only get sixty servings
- It's a bit on the expensive side
Even though this product is expensive, it's still a good value in the sense that it'll last for a long time and it comes from a reputable brand. Overall, I would recommend it to anyone who's seeking a safe solution to help their aging dog stay healthy and happy during his or her twilight years.
19. Hanzi Pets All Natural Hip & Joint Care Dogs
- Easy to take, 3 soft chews daily
- Larger, softer chews are easy for dogs to pick up
- Dogs love the taste and few of them sniff them out
- Most dogs like the soft consistency
- 100% natural with no “junk” ingredients
- Great value for the money, a good 3-month supply of natural joint care
- 3-month supply is only 120 chews, about 3 a day.
- Nothing substantial from any of the ingredients
- Annual booster needed for repeated joint health
Hanzi Pets is an ongoing project to develop a family of human-grade pet supplements. Like their popular dry food, there are 3 products available: hip & joint, skin & coat, and calming. Hip & Joint Care is the best-selling product of the bunch.
Most dogs over 10 years old will benefit from joint care. Just like humans, they will get stiff joints as they age. Many other joint health solutions for dogs are also available, but Hanzi Pets uses a unique blend of natural herbal ingredients.
20. Liquid-Vet Advanced Hip & Joint Supplements
The Liquid-Vet Advanced Hip & Joint Supplements for Dogs is an all-natural joint supplement for dogs that features a variety of ingredients designed to increase mobility and flexibility in older pets.
It contains glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, hyaluronic acid, vitamin D3, green lipped mussel, and Coenzyme Q10. All of these are among the best joint supplements which you can find in most pet supply stores.
It also has a double lock lid, which makes this supplement ideal for storage. Because it’s airtight, you can even store it in room temperature, without worrying about the consistency. It’s also a good solution for people who travel a lot with their pets.
21. Novity Pet Glucosamine
Supplements are a great way to ensure proper nutrition and help your dog stay healthy. If your dog is having trouble with hip dysplasia or arthritis, then glucosamine and chondroitin may help. This pain reducer is perfect for older dogs that are still active as well as dogs that cannot exercise as much or at all. Both medicinal plants and natural remedies have been used for many generations.
This pain relief supplement from Novity contains Glucosamine, MSM, Chondroitin, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Spirulina, Linoleic Acid, and Folic Acid among other things. This health supplement is also available for cats.
It is available as a gluten-free laxative in powder form. It is said that two or three capsules are enough to give your dog some relief from their pain. It acts as a pain relief for dogs and they may feel less pain when it is taken in combination with other medicines.
22. Boston Pet Products Toxin-Free Liquid Glucosamine
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Chondroitin sulfate
- Hyaluronic acid
- Extra strenght
23. True Leaf Pet 40 Count Hemp Chews Hip + Joint Support
Another item that we must consider is your dog’s health as well as the things that can help maintain or improve it. For instance, if you’re looking for the best joint supplements for dogs, then this might be the one for you. However, you need to keep in mind that not all products are created equal.
The Hip & Joint Chew is designed to provide your dog with support for hip and joint health, mobility, and flexibility. It’s made with natural ingredients and is 100% vegetarian.
These treats come in a chew format, more like a loaf, and is made with compressed cannabis plant & mixed with other high quality ingredients. The cannabis in this formula is hemp which is grown without the use of harmful chemicals or pesticides.
24. GishiFlex Glucosamine
- Studies have shown that it’s effective in canine hip dysplasia and arthritis
- The dogs seem to like the taste of it
- It’s relatively cheap compared to other brands
- Reportedly, it makes dogs urinate less frequently
- Comes at a 0.6:1 ratio of glucosamine to chondroitin
- Has essential oils and turmeric
- It’s a bit expensive
- Can’t be bought from pet stores
- The sources/utensils of the organic materials aren’t specified
- The phytochemical levels may be low
- Since it’s sold in a supplement form, it can be hard to tell if the dog is getting the right dose
The GishiFlex joint care formula is a commercial supplement meant for dogs with joint problems. It has natural compounds like green lipped mussels, turmeric, pumpkin and many other ingredients that are known to be beneficial to dogs with joint problems. Natural antioxidants, vitamins and the like help dogs recover their mobility in no time. Read the full review here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best joint supplements for dogs?
If you are on the hunt for a comprehensive joint supplements for dogs, then this review is for you. These are a mix of what I’ve found to be the best joint supplements for dogs in each of the five factors I consider most important. First on the list is the ingredients, followed by the price, then the company, the markup, and finally the quality of the reviews.
What is the best joint supplement for dogs UK?
This is the best joint supplement for dogs as it contains Glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM & Hyaluronic acid, which are all considered to be a Ä¤perfect synergyÄô. This formula is also suitable for dogs that are over 25kg or medium to large dogs.
The formula of this joint supplement is high in:
Hyaluronic acid, this has a unique function in cartilage cushioning and lubrication. Together with glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate, helps to support the structure of hyaline cartilage and protect the joints from cartilage degeneration
MSM, this is a source of organic sulphur that provides cellular energy.
Do any joint supplements really work?
These supplements WORK. My dog struggled with stiff slow movements in her legs and low energy. After just a week of giving her joint supplement, she moves easily and is running around like a puppy!
What is the best natural supplement for a dog's joints?
I have used SuperOmega3 by Fish oil to help my dog. I like the fact that this product is an all natural product. I honestly believe since I have started using SuperOmega3 my dog is moving on as if he was much younger.
This is one of the more difficult reviews that we’ve had the good fortune to do. There are so many different types of joint supplements on the market that it really makes it hard to set them apart from one another. To accomplish this task, we focused on 4 key criteria (one of them being price since dogs being dogs, they can be a little rough on their supplements). Those criteria included: Price, effectiveness, quality of ingredients, and ease of use. We also took into consideration the overall customer reviews that were available on the different joint supplements.
|Cosequin Maximum Strength Joint Supplement Plus MSM||Best Overall|
|PetNC Natural Care Hip and Joint Soft Chews||Budget Pick|
|100% Natural Glucosamine||Upgrade Pick|