The LED dog collar is a remarkable piece of technology that illuminates your dog in the dark for better safety. Whether you live in a big city or out in the country, the LED dog collar offers peace of mind if your dog is out and about when the sun goes down.
There are a lot of LED dog collars available on the market. Most are designed and built the same way, but none of them have the quality, price and effectiveness that you will find in the following LED dog collar reviews.
On the market you’ll find LED dog collars which are equipped with inexpensive LEDs that must be activated by vibration. These collars are usually installed on large dogs but are useless when the dog is still. Most importantly, they’re almost impossible to be activated remotely which means some areas of your yard can stay dark and mysterious.
Then there are LED dog collars that are automatically activated and have removable batteries. Now you’re getting closer to what you want. This collar has two parts: one part that the dog wears and the other part is installed on the fence. Just make sure the battery is full and fresh and the collar stays activated even when your dog is not wearing the collar.
|BSEEN LED Dog Collar||Best Overall|
|Nite IZE SpotLit Clip-On LED Light||Budget Pick|
|Fur Bebe LED Waterproof Lighted Collar||Upgrade Pick|
1. BSEEN LED Dog Collar
- Built using the latest LED technology
- Easy to use
- Slim and compact collar
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Solid construction
- Requires batteries (the batteries come with the product)
- Doesn’t include the charger
- Lights only come in one color
- Only comes in one size
It might be surprising, but the brightest LED collars that are available on the market today are pet collars.
But have you ever wondered why is that the case?
Well, that’s because even though items such as dog harnesses have the potential to be incredibly bright, their brightness isn’t so useful or impressive.
2. Blazin' Safety LED Dog Collar
Blazin’ Safety LED dog collars are the first and only collars you’ll ever need for your dog.
They come in three sizes: small/medium, large/extra large, and extra large. The sizes are based on the circumference of your dog’s neck (not the length).
The technology is simple: Activate with the switch on the waterproof embedded mushroom styled USB rechargeable battery. Press the button once for slow flashing, twice for faster flashing, three times for constant on.
3. Illumiseen LED Dog Collar
- Lightweight, waterproof, and durable
- Effective light for safety and visibility in dark
- Comes in six different colors
- USB rechargeable; no need for batteries or wires
- Lifetime guarantee
- Waterproof; can be worn in the rain
- Lightweight; won’t weigh your dog down
- Adjustable strap for proper fit
- Lightweight nightime LED safety collar with fade-to-off feature
- The strap is narrow
- The strap may not fit around some dogs’ necks
- No on/off button
- Requires a USB charger
- Takes a long time to recharge
In the Dark!
Fans of dog safety and visibility will know that it’s important to have a dog that’s visible at all times during the day. The same goes for security and safety during the night. This is where the Illumiseen dog collar comes in.
This rechargeable LED dog collar comes with 3 modes: solid, random flash and a fade-to-off mode. It’s also waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about your dog running around in the rain, getting wet or even playing in water.
4. MASBRILL Light Up Dog Collar
- Rechargeable collar is durable and very efficient
- The collar comes in 4 different sizes: S,M,L,XL for dogs from 16-40lbs. Health conscious dog owners will appreciate the recycle packaging, electrical tape, and the collar itself.
- This is the brightest dog collar on the market today, 400 lumens. The 3 light modes offer you the flexibility of having a bright light at night, a flashing mode and a strobe mode. The lights are extremely strong and do not blind you or your dog at all.
- Five different vibrant colors to choose from: red, blue, purple, pink, or green. And its rechargeable with a 1 meter long cable.
- Waterproof means it can take almost any weather although you may want to avoid submerging it in water.
- The USB rechargeable battery lasts for about 120-150+ hours depending on the light setting.
- This collar has a one time charge that can be charged many times. It comes with a removable battery that is replaceable with new ones you can order last no longer than 500 charging cycles. That means if put on charge once a week, it will last 3 years before you have to change the battery.
- The LED lights are very bright and visible from a distance when the collar is turned on. The brightness is about as bright as an iPhone flashlight.
5. Illumiseen LED Dog Necklace Collar
- Different color options
- Super lightweight
- Doesn’t have to be used as a collar
- Reflective collar band (for low-light conditions)
- USB rechargeable batteries
- Great for night walks
- Have to be careful when playing with larger dogs
- Not recommended for smaller dogs
- Some experienced problems with the batteries
At Night – Perfect for Dogs over 10 lbs.
The Illumiseen Collar is a truly unique product that is gaining in popularity among dog owners and their furry friends. Because of the importance of seeing your dog, particularly during the darker hours, Illumiseen LED dog collars are worn by canines all over the world.
What makes these collars so great is the fact that you can light them up using an app on your Smartphone. The app makes it very easy to set and change the light settings. The collars have different light modes, including: Flash, slow mode, medium mode and one can even be customized.
6. HOLDALL Led Dog Collar Light
- Brightness is great for nighttime safety
- USB rechargeable
- Runs on one single charge for 72 hours
- The light doesn’t turn on until the dog tilts their head down
- Light turns off automatically once the dog tilts its head up
- Light is designed to fit all collar sizes
- Waterproof, so it can be used in the rain and doesn’t get damaged
- Very durable
- Light is lightweight and easy to carry
- Offers a long-lasting battery
- The lights can’t be adjusted, so there’s no way to eliminate any blind spots
- The battery takes up to 6 hours to charge (needs a USB charger)
- Customers have commented that the light does not work on black dogs
- If you don’t charge the battery for a while, you may need to reset it (unplug it and plug it back in).
Our top pick for the best dog collar is the HOLDALL LED Lighted Up Collar. It comes in five colors – green, blue, red, pink, and white.
7. Fur Bebe LED Waterproof Lighted Collar
Full Season Night Safety.
The Fur Bebe LED collar stands out from the crowd with its unique styling and water resistance – which allows you to take it outside, and gives you the freedom to safely walk your dog in the rain.
Coming in a vibrant shade of green, it's definitely going to catch your dog's eye. It's also fully adjustable – the velcro closure is snug enough to easily slip on as well as off, and we found that the collar was remarkably comfortable for our dogs.
8. LED Safety Dog Collars
If you’re looking for an LED dog collar that’s safe, convenient, and made with high-quality materials, then the LED safety dog collar is the one for you.
This collar is made with a combination of plastic, LED lights, and a neoprene material. The collar comes with a beautiful design, which features rows of raised dots.
This collar comes with a remote control and a charging base as well, allowing you to easily adjust the lights. The stretchy collar opens up effortlessly, simply slide the button to the left and the collar will loosen around your dog’s neck.
9. BSEEN Led Dog Collar USB Rechargeable Glowing Pet Safety Collars Water Resistant Light up Cut to resize to fit 11"-27"
- The collar is adjustable to fit small to extra large dogs
- The LED lights are visible up to 1,000 feet away
- The collar is quite durable
- Charging time takes only 1.5 hours, and you can expect 5-6 hours of constant light
- The collar is waterproof
- The LED lights are made of eco-friendly materials
- An ergonomic nylon strap
- It’s available in 4 sizes (X-small, small/medium, medium/large, large) and 6 color combinations
- Come with a 100% Money Back Guarantee
- The reciever may come in separate pieces at some point in time
- The on/off switch is placed in a curious location – right next to the collar buckle. It may be accidentally activated in a playful situation
- According to reviews, the replacement batteries may not fit the collar. It’s important to make sure that you get the original ones
- The flashing mode is just too bright to comfortably use around your home
The BSEEN LED dog collar was designed using a neodymium magnet rechargeable chip which ensures a fast and effective charging system. The design allows you to charge the unit either when the dog is wearing it, or when the collar is not in use at all.
10. Pet Industries Metal Buckle LED Dog Collar
This is a high-quality rechargeable dog collar. The outline of the LED lights may not be visible, but it will give you clear light indicators.
The kit includes charging ports, which boasts a 1-year warranty.
It comes with two modes for blinking lights: fast flash and slow flash.
11. Shine for Dogs Ultimate LED Dog Collar
- Full brightness whenever you need it
- Non-slip LED collar
- Water resistant
- Long battery life
- Good range
12. LED Dog Collar,USB Rechargeable Glowing Dog Collars
- Water resistant
- Easily adjustable
- 3 Modes: Slow Flashing, Quick Flashing, Steady Lighting
- High quality LED lights, never replace bulbs
- Material: sturdy, soft silicone
- Comfortable light weight for your dog
- 3 Different Colors available: Blue, Pink, Green
- Size difference: Small size fits for neck of 14inch,5kg – 15inch,8kg;Medium size fits for neck size 16inch,10kg – 19inch,18kg;Large size fits for neck size 20inch,20kg – 24inch,32kg
- The battery takes a long time to charge, so I wouldn’t advise you to charge if you are short on time because the collar draws a decent amount of current.
- When you charge the collar, please don’t leave it under the sun or near other heat sources because it will reduce the battery life.
- It takes a little getting used to when you first switch to different modes. You have to push the mode button to turn on your mode, then choose the mode, but it’s not hard when you get used to it.
13. Nite IZE SpotLit Clip-On LED Light
What’s great about this dog collar is that it’s very inexpensive. So you don’t need to break the bank to own one of these.
There are numerous pros when it comes this dog collar. For starters, it’s very inexpensive. So you can rest assured that you’re getting the best value for your money. It’s waterproof and works very well for small breeds. The carabiner hook also makes it easy to hang it from your belt loop, leash, or pretty much anything.
Some of the minor problems with the collar include that it’s a little bulky, and the durability of the LED light is questionable.
14. Clan_X LED Dog Collar USB Rechargeable
- Made of a durable material
- There are three modes of operation
- Can be seen from all angles
- Easily adjustable – the elastic part of the collar means your pet can’t slip out
- Comes with a one-year money back guarantee
- The USB rechargeable collar has three modes: light, flash, and constant
- Effectively keeps your dog visible at all times
- The reflective effect means your pet will be visible from a distance
- It’s waterproof, so it lasts even if your pet takes a swim
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Doesn’t come with a charger
- Lights fade after a while
- The collar is a bit large
15. LED Safety Light 2 Pack
- The collars are lightweight, sturdy, and water resistant.
- They have a strong clip, which is very durable.
- All products come at an affordable price and they are easy to replace if anything should happen to them.
- You can choose among a wide variety of colors or combinations of colors.
- The lights fit well on the collars and they don’t fall off easily or too easily.
- The lights are very bright and they illuminate dark areas as expected.
- It only takes one LED to make a big difference.
- The flashing-light option is a cool feature.
- The collars can be used to attach other accessories like a remote or a whistle.
- They are perfect when it comes to safety because they don’t distract your dog at all.
- The batteries don’t last as long as expected.
- They tend to fade away after some time.
- Sometimes the blinking mode can be annoying.
- They have a somewhat short battery life.
- The LED lights will insult an ecosystem if they aren’t absorbed.
16. Moco Best Light Up Rechargeable LED Nylon Dog Collar
These LED dog collars have infinite light settings with 3 different modes: high to low, flashing and constant light.
The strong LEDs are encased within durable nylon lining. The soft material is friendly on the dog's skin. And won’t cause any irritation.
The bright lights will allow your dog to be easily seen when you’re in the park or on a walk. And they’ll make him more visible to motorists at night, making him safer.
17. Besser Products Dual LED Dog Collar
- More visibility and safety
- 16 hour battery life, which is a lot for a dog collar
- 1-year warranty
- Features three lighting modes
- Cost-effective, since it’s a one-time purchase
- Collar strap is soft and comfortable
- Brightness automatically increases at night
- Takes HOURS to charge
- The battery runs out very quickly
- The strap is too short, making it impossible to fit on some dogs
(2” … 4” … 6”) … 3 Lighting Modes
18. Great-Dealz LED dog Collar to Keep Your Dog Safe
The LED dog collar is one of the most affordable and effective tools to keep your dog safe in the dark. These collars are a terrific accessory that you should consider if you’re thinking about getting a dog.
However, just like any product, you need to know what to look for. A collared dog that moves around freely at night is a hazard. But, a properly trained dog on a well-fitted LED collar is a beautiful thing! With that in mind, we’ve put together a list of the top LED dog collar available in the market today.
This dog collar from Great-Dealz is one of the most popular LED dog collars you can buy. It’s very durable and made from high-quality materials. It features 3 LED brightness levels and 3 distinct models – solid, flashing, and slow blinking.
19. LivingABC LED Dog Collar
20. Flashing Collar Light
- Comes with 3 collars, and 3 light settings: red, white, and multi-colored
- The collars are flexible and very durable
- Good communication, prompt support
- Waterproof; made from high-grade silicon and ABS
- The light settings are very flexible
- Comes with 3 adjustable silicon rings
- The collars are lightweight and comfortable
- The instruction booklet is not very clear
- The adjustable silicon ring can be tricky to operate
The 3-in-1dog collar light is excellent for providing a comfortable, safe, night time experience. These adjustable LED flashing dog collars comes with 3 settings: red, white, and multi-colored flashing.
The collars are made from high-grade silicon and ABS, which are highly durable. The silicon is also flexible enough to provide comfort to your pet.
The light settings are very flexible, and you can always change them up according to your preferences. The battery life is also excellent; you can charge them via a USB cable and the charge lasts for about 18 hours!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best LED dog collar?
The ideal collar is one that lights up a large area around your dog, and is visible to both you and other people or cars. It is best that it lights up in the dark, too.
Collars are commonly used to protect dogs from accidents that occur while hunting or running at night. The emphasis is on visibility in these areas, as the dog will likely be on a leash or surrounded by their owner.
Of course, the collar has other uses. Many dog owners will use a collar in order to keep track of their dog at night, especially if they are walking in a park.
Are LED collars safe for dogs?
When used properly, LED collars for dogs are safe. The electric pulses are undetectable by humans, and they work in darkness. Dogs learn to respond to this low-level vibration by associating it with commands.
Dog collars can guide dogs, especially if those dogs suffer from conditions like epilepsy, or they can be used for dogs that tend to roam away or suffer from separation anxiety.
The electric pulse is meant to create a safe and effective boundary. Nobody likes to think of their dog in danger, and the same is true for people who are afraid of their dogs running off. Even when your dog is chipped, you may not be able to find them if they decide to run off. By using this type of collar, you can be sure that your best pal will be kept safe.
How can I make my dog's collar better quality?
The best way to make your dog's collar better quality is to make sure it is fully adjustable. Some come only in one size which is way too big or small for your pet and it ends up stretching out all the time, which can be uncomfortable for your pet. In the end it is best to find one that is fully adjustable so that it is a good fit for your dog. Also! When looking at light up collars make sure they have an on/off switch. The ones that don't have the switch are always getting turned on in the dark and your dog can't see because he is wearing it. It can be a bit worrisome at times so if you can find one that has a switch that you simply turn on and off then you have found the perfect collar.
What are the safest dog collars?
LED dog collars have become quite prevalent in the past decade. They are said to be safe, but what exactly are the dangers of wearing them? Although they are growing in popularity among dog owners, they are still not widely used.
There are some concerns about what can happen when dogs wear LED collars. In most cases, they are considered safe to use. However, there are some inherent risks to playing with your dog.
We hope that our LED Dog Collar Review was helpful in helping you to find the best LED collars for your buddy!
After hours of reading reviews, interviewing pet owners and talking with product vendors we came away confident about our purchases.
LumiPets has a great selection of LED collars, leashes and harnesses. With the proper care, the materials will withstand regular wear and the lights will last for years.
|BSEEN LED Dog Collar||Best Overall|
|Nite IZE SpotLit Clip-On LED Light||Budget Pick|
|Fur Bebe LED Waterproof Lighted Collar||Upgrade Pick|