As a dog owner, you should always do your best to provide the best for your best friend. This means not only protecting your dog from the elements but making sure that it is a happy, healthy, and well adjusted dog that is comfortable in your home.
When looking for the best outdoor dog bed, your focus should primarily be finding the best quality bed that will last you and your dog a long time. Many dog beds you might find today are of low quality, will not stand up to the elements and may not be comfortable for your pet.
But, there is more to it than just the quality. There is a great selection of dog beds out there and so you will want to decide which type is best for you and your dog.
I have reviewed the top 10 best outdoor dog beds so that you can purchase the best bed for your dog with ease.
|SUPERJARE XLarge Outdoor Dog Bed||Best Overall|
|Furhaven Pet||Budget Pick|
|Christopher Knight Home Hayes Outdoor Wicker Igloo Pet Bed||Upgrade Pick|
1. SUPERJARE XLarge Outdoor Dog Bed
Our top pick for the best outdoor dog bed is the SUPERJARE XLarge Outdoor Dog Bed. If you’re looking for a dog bed that you can leave outside permanently, then this is definitely the one for you. The large size (30×21 inches – 14×11 inches) is great for larger dogs. And the “outside” quality is perfect for if you’re going on a camping trip. Not to mention, the price is extremely reasonable for a high-quality pet bed.
The SUPERJARE outdoor dog bed is very easy to set up and take down – no tools needed. You’ll just need to remove the legs (they can only be attached one way) and place on a flat surface. Then, you can adjust the legs to a height that suits you and your dog.
2. Veehoo Elevated Dog Bed
- Available in two sizes and multiple colors
- Elevates your pet off the ground for more comfort and better air flow
- Warming blanket can assist in your pets body temperature when chilly
- Made of water resistant material for protection against rain and dirt
- Built-in deck railing gives your pet a feeling of security – less likely to leap off
- Raised off the ground, provides a cleaner area to sleep and eliminates dirt buildup
- Lightweight, packs up into a small bag for travel
- Two-year limited warranty
- Large size: 38 x 31 x 11 inches / Double bed size; unlimited pet size
- Medium size: 28 x 27 x 11 inches / 67 lbs weight limit; Extra small to medium dog
- Only comes in three colors
- Frame not all-weather resistant
- Not machine washable
- Warming blanket not insulated
This Veehoo dog tent is not your ordinary dog bed. It is more like a portable elevated dog bed. The structure is made of a high-quality, water resistant material that is guaranteed to stay together.
3. AmazonBasics Cooling Elevated Pet Bed
- Water proof
- Hypoallergenic and antimicrobial liner
- Raised edges to keep pets safe from water spillages
- Folds easily for storage
- Removable cover for easy cleaning
- Non-slip memory foam base, 3 inches thick
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Works as a cot for indoor use
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty
- Very affordable
- Too small for large dogs
- Doesn’t stay cool for long
- The memory foam is thinner than that found on other elevated beds
The AmazonBasics Elevated Dog Bed is a great option for keeping your dog comfortable and safe while lying outside.
It comes with a soft waterproof cover that’s well-stitched to prevent any leaks. The waterproof cover is removable and machine washable to keep it clean and odor-free for longer periods.
The elevated dog bed has a raised edge that helps to keep liquids from getting on your dog’s fur. Large dogs may not find the bed comfortable since the edge is small enough to hurt their legs when they move around.
4. Leaptime Pet Playpens Black PE Wicker
- Simple yet sturdy design; ideal for pets on the go
- Includes a spacious interior
- No dog urine odor since it’s made from 100% PE material
- Comes with a strong metal mesh; ideal in preventing the dog from escaping
- Has an impressive 330-lb weight capacity
- Easy to clean
- Comes with two ground anchors for added stability
- Nice zippered design; has padded cushions for extra comfort
- Features a cute teddy bear design
- The metal mesh (same as the ground anchors) can be slightly problematic
- The overall design of the product may not be as elegant as some would like
The Leaptime Pet Playpens is a fantastic option for households with a medium-sized dog that’s looking for a place to rest. Its simple but sturdy design is particularly ideal for pets on the go, however.
It’s a similar model to the Amazon Basics Playpen mentioned earlier in this guide. And judging by its popularity, it’s certainly up to par with the competition.
5. Bedsure Original Elevated Dog Cot Bed
- Easy to assemble
- Provides comfort for older dogs
- Sturdy frame
- Easy to clean
- Can be easily transported
- The 8 legs ensure maximum stability
- High-quality material
- The colors are neutral
- It’s available in various sizes
- It comes with a good warranty
- The parts are not labeled
- Difficult to accommodate dogs that weigh over 70 pounds
Elevated dog beds are a good option for you if your dog has joint pain. With this bed, your furry friend will have a comfortable resting place. This pet cot is made of durable metal, with a heavy-duty foam-filled pad.
The material is breathable and waterproof. Because of the raised design, the bed is also easy to keep clean. It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to set up this bed, and you can easily transport it with you (it comes with a carry bag).
Dog beds are popular among both pets and their human companions. But finding the right model is not always easy. It’s also important to consider the dog’s size, behavior, age and activity level.
6. K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed
This tough Chew Proof Dog Bed from K9 Ballistics is a highly-rated product on Amazon. It’s easy to see why – considering it’s one of the most durable dog beds on the market right now.
The K9 Ballistics dog bed is made from a non-toxic and non-abrasive ballistic nylon, which makes for an extremely durable and long-lasting product. It’s one of the few dog beds that specifically deals with the problems of dogs that chew their beds.
The K9 bed elevates your dog off the ground, offering them a comfortable and warm area to sleep on. It doesn’t take up a lot of space either – which can be an issue with some of the other oversized dog beds on the market.
7. Love's cabin Outdoor Elevated Dog Bed
- Easy to assemble and sturdy
- You can choose from 4 different sizes
- Mesh keeps the dog cool – also protects it from bugs and insects
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Keeps the dog off the ground
- Recommended for large, medium, and small dogs
- Comforting and supportive
- Does not come with a cover
- Some sizes may not be adequately long for larger dogs
- Dogs love these beds but will chew on them if they like to chew.
8. Floppy Dawg Just Chillin' Elevated Dog Bed. Medium and Large Size Dog Cots in a Variety of Colors. Removable Canopy. Used as an Indoor or Outdoor Dog Bed. Lightweight and Portable. Chill in Style.
- Comes in two sizes; medium and large
- Superior customer service
- Well-made design with attention to detail
- 5-star ratings across all product categories
- The color can fade easily
- The bed is not waterproof
The Floppy Dawg dog bed is one of the most popular dog beds on the market, and for good reason. Not only is the design elegant, but it’s also perfect for dogs of all sizes.
In fact, the bed is available in two different sizes: medium and large. The medium bed is perfect for pets between 20-45 pounds (8-20kg), while the large bed accommodates pets that weigh between 45-99 pounds (20-45kg). Needless to say, both sizes are perfect for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
After all, dog beds are to serve their purpose – that’s to provide comfort and support. With this in mind, it’s really important that the bed is sturdy. This one in particular is crafted with an easy to clean, PVC-upholstery.
9. K&H PET PRODUCTS Original Bolster Pet Cot Elevated Pet Bed Chocolate
- Efficiently doubles as a treat topper
- Perfect for snuggling up with your pet
- Simple, sturdy design
- Stays on its own with no effort
- The featherbed can be removed for washing, or your pet can just lay on the canvas
- A great value for the price
- Very well-made
- Very soft and comfy
- Provides your pet with a great place to rest or sleep
- Great for senior, arthritic, or overweight pets
- Not waterproof, so be careful when washing and wiping the cot
- The featherbed can be a bit lumpy
- Not the best option if you have a dog that likes to chew a lot
- Some pets may be restless and try to bathe on the material, potentially making it uncomfortable
- It takes a while to put together
The K&H Original Pet Cot is a great option if you want a simple, sturdy, and soft bed for your pet.
It’s designed to hold up to 70 lbs and is great for dogs with joint problems, aged dogs, and overweight dogs.
10. Niubya 48 Inches XLarge Elevated Dog Cot
For those of you who’ve got a large breed dog or a heavy duty outdoor dog, then this is the dog bed for you. It’s a massive cot that can fit a large breed dog or a giant breed like a Great Dane.
The cot offers space for the dog to get in and out of and there’s ample height for a dog to stretch out comfortably. The mesh cover gives your dog the protection he needs from the sun, rain, and whatever outdoor elements Nature throws at him. The real attraction here, however, is the fact that the mesh cover can be completely removed for easy washing. You’ll also have a hard time finding a dog bed this large that offers this much protection from the elements.
11. RELIANCER 30"/ 36"/ 48" Elevated Dog Cot
- Relatively easy to assemble
- Works great for larger dogs, even when they sit on it
- Good value for money, especially when compared to the competition
- Very durable
- Lifetime warranty
- A bit on the heavier side for some
- You may want to purchase a bed of your own if space is limited
- Some dogs may feel threatened by all the extra space and may not want to use it
- Slight décolleté where the frame meets the fabric
When it comes to outdoor dog beds, there is one name that comes to mind:This elevated pet cot is made of a premium 1680D Oxford fabric with an aluminum frame for extra stability.
There are also adjustable legs in case the bed needs to be adjusted for a portly pooch.
12. Furhaven Pet
This self-warming bed is ideal for outdoor and indoor use for pets. It’s made from a waterproof material that is easy to clean.
The bed is made from a water-resistant polyester mesh fabric with a nylon taffeta lining. There’s a waterproof layer attached to a thermal layer inside the cover. There’s even a third and fourth layer of padding underneath.
It’s designed with a waterproof base, which allows it to resist moisture and stains. The waterproof base is also resistant to penetration, so you don’t need to worry about your dog digging a hole in it.
13. Maharaja Rattan Pet Day Bed
Decoration Dog Bed, Dog Hammock.
If you’re looking for an ideal pet bed to put either in the bedroom or the outdoors, make sure to give this one a try. It has a total weight capacity of 100 lbs, so it will be able accommodate your big dog without a problem.
One of the things we like the most about it is the dense faux rattan, which makes it very durable and resilient. Plus, it’s easy to clean (requires dry cloth).
14. PawHut Elevated Portable Dog Cot Cooling Pet Bed
- Ideal for hot days when you want your pooch to be comfortable … and safe. Cooling mats are especially useful for senior dogs who can’t regulate their body temperature as well as others
- The bed is made of a reflective plastic that reflects your pup’s natural body heat back into them
- You can add ice packs if you want to make the cooling mat even cooler
- Multifunctional … this pet bed provides a comfortable bed for your dog – but it also has a removable top that converts into a portable canopy
- The bed measures 48 x 27 inches and is 40 inches high
- The canopy is a great way to provide protection from the sun and other elements (we recommend doing so before you put the top on the bed)
- You can put the canopy over the bed on top of the removable cover for a quick cooling
15. Pet Craft Supply Super Snoozer Calming Indoor / Outdoor All Season Water Resistant Durable Dog Bed
- Made from water- and fade-resistant fabrics
- Designed to dry quickly
- Sizes available: Medium, Large, X-Large, and XX-Large
- High quality materials are housed in a removable zip-off cover.
- Very comfortable and relaxing; will keep your dog occupied for hours
- The large size is shaped like a tunnel with an attached bolster that provides extra comfort
- All-season design fits your dog’s needs no matter what the weather is
- Ideal for aggressive chewers
- Not ideal for smaller breeds
- Removable cover can make it a bit difficult to remove
- The exterior of the bed can develop black marks over time
- Overall not as sturdy as most orthopedic mats
Looking for an outdoor dog bed that’s resistant to weather? Whether it’s freezing cold or scorching heat, you can rest assured that this bed is fit for all kinds of weather.
The Pet Craft Supplies Snoozer Calming Indoor / Outdoor Water Resistant Super Pillow Pet Bed with Removable Cover provides ideal comfort and support.
16. K&H Pet Products Original Pet Cot House
The waterproof panel may be a tad flimsy.
The K&H Pet Products Original Pet Cot House has a simple, yet convenient design. The top of the dog bed is a water resistant fabric… which, is also resistant to tear and puncture. Plus, it’s incredibly breathable, which will help treat any allergies your dog might get.
The bottom of the dog bed is made from memory foam. This makes it comfy and warm for your dog to lie on.
17. The Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo
- Very affordable price
- Sleek design with no straps or ties
- Ideal for most dogs
- Full coverage from the weather
- Might not be suitable for puppies or small dogs
- The material is thinner than a traditional dog bed
- It doesn’t come with a warranty
- Can’t be used by pet horse or sheep
The Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed offers your dog a lazy