When people are talking about cleaning their carpets, they usually are referring to two different tasks: shampooing the carpets and spot cleaning.
Carpet shampooing is much like washing your clothes in a washing machine except the water is hotter and stronger. An auto carpet cleaner uses hot water and a cleaning solution to shampoo your carpets.
Spot cleaning is done to remove small spills and dirt from your carpets. These spills are generally not blocked into the fibers and are either coated in heavy dirt or left to sit.
What the best carpet cleaner depends on your need and consideration for quality and price. If you’re in the market for the best carpet cleaner, you’ve come to the right place.
|Bissell Stomp 'N Go Pet Lifting Pads + Oxy||Best Overall|
|Woolite Advanced Pet Stain & Odor Remover + Sanitize||Budget Pick|
|Pet Stain & Odor Miracle||Upgrade Pick|
1. Bissell Stomp 'N Go Pet Lifting Pads + Oxy
- Cross-contamination resistant
- Safe on all hard surfaces, from wood to ceramic to carpet
- Increase your productivity without damaging your equipment
- When used with the Stomp 'N Go Pet Portable Spot Cleaner, it's a great duo
- Reusable and Machine-washable
- Very flexible, easy to deal with
- Made to prevent cross-contamination and the spread of germs
- Clean up your messes without making any more of a mess yourself
- Very easy to use and easy to clean. You can wash and reuse!
- Machine-washable and reusable
- The only visible feature is the shape of a paw at the bottom. No embossed design on the pad
- The middle part is smooth even when they are dirty
- The middle part has a rubber opening. I’m not sure if that helps with the cleaning process
- Nothing bad to say about it. I think it deserves 5-star rating
If you have pets, then you'll need something to clean up after the. We've found the best pet carpet to do that, and that's the Bissell Stomp 'N Go Pet Lifting Pads.
2. TriNova Natural Pet Stain and Odor Remover Eliminator
- Very effective and great value for money
- The enzyme-based formula is completely safe
- Can be used on all surfaces
- Can be used on hardwood floors
- Cleans pet stains on contact
- It removes odors
- Easy to use
- A great stain remover for pets at home or in the car
- Some reported that it didn’t completely remove the stains on their carpets
- Some find that it tastes bad for pets and wound up eating it
TriNova was created from the desire to offer pet owners a natural, safe and non-toxic solution to remove all kinds of pet stains. With a team of industry experts, experts and pet owners, they formulated the best pet carpet cleaner and odor eliminator, which is safe for pet owners, kids, and pets. This house/pet cleaner is a biological enzyme-based formula that is proven to eliminate stains and odor from all surfaces at home or in the car.
3. Nature’s Miracle P-98109 Stain and Odor Remover Dog
- Grade 1 pet odor, urine, and stain remover
- Full strength premium odor remover
- Includes stain and odor remover for multiple surfaces and pets
- Removes odor and stains from pet urine, feces, vomit, and more
- Removes sticky pet paw prints from carpet
- Naturally fresh smelling
- Safe for use around your pets
- No harsh chemicals
- Made in USA
- Free of Dyes
This Carpet Cleaner is a great product and over 1500 Amazon buyers have left feedback, 247 had 4 stars or less so after reviewing more than 1700 buyers who have used this product here is my take on the product.
4. Resolve Pet Stain & Odor Carpet Cleaner
The Resolve Pet Stain & Odor Carpet Cleaner is a lifesaver when it comes to pet accidents. With the 22 oz pump spray bottle, you can get rid of all kinds of pet stains and odors, no matter how old they are.
It not only removes stains but also removes odors without any lingering perfumes or chemicals. It has the best-quality cleaning agents to make sure that your carpet is completely spotless.
It’s even effective on vomit, blood, urine, feces, and other pet-related messes. These messes are boring and annoying to remove with a regular cleaner, but the Resolve Pet Stain & Odor Carpet Cleaner does it with ease.
5. Simple Solution Pet Stain and Odor Remover
- A solution that effectively eliminates odors and stains
- Works to eliminate stains and odors from a variety of materials
- Creates a barrier that seals in odors
- Can be used with all pets
- Comes with a convenient carry handle
- It has an extremely affordable price
- Comes with tremendous reviews from customers
- Easy to use on carpets, upholstery, beds, and more!
- Will not leave behind an odor
- Safe for children and pets!
- Customers complain that the formula is not as strong as in the past
- Some animal lovers dislike the fact that it’s made from chemicals
6. Woolite Advanced Pet Stain & Odor Remover + Sanitize
- It kills 99.9% of odor-causing bacteria
- It calms pets and provides a visibly shiny coat
- Customers have given it a 4-star rating
- It “makes your dog or cat happy, and their owners happy, too”
- It “works on old stains and new stains, as well as most accidents. Just spray on and blot up with a soft towel”
- It “evaporates quickly while leaving no rings on the floor or stains on the backs of legs, as can happen when you pour traditional shampoo on a stain”
- It cleans carpets – whether they’re made of wool or synthetic fibers
- The product is pricier than many other pet odor removers, which may discourage many buyers
- The product is currently only available on Amazon in a 22-ounce bottle
- The product is designed to be used by pet owners and pet groomers; consequently, it may be too complicated for some pet owners
- It requires flooring that’s dry or almost dry to use
7. Simple Solution Extreme Pet Stain and Odor Remover
- Gets rid of organic stains like grass, blood, urine, vomit
- Can be used on carpets, furniture, rugs, dog beds, mattresses and any other fabric.
- Effectively eliminates organic stains while leaving behind a fresh, clean scent
- Made from natural ingredients and enzyme-derived surfactants and requires no harmful chemicals to work and is safe for most pets and people.
- Easy to use – as simple as spraying, letting sit, and blotting up with a dry cloth
- Great for households with pets or children
Our best advice is to test a small portion of fabric to see if you still like it after washing.
The convenience of this in a spray bottle is perfection. You can easily spray it on, let it sit, and then blot it up when you’re done. The stains are completely removed. It doesn’t leave behind any weird smells or anything either.
8. Arm & Hammer Pet Stain and Odor Eliminator
- Great pet odor eliminator
- Reasonably priced
- Effective even on stubborn stains
- Works well on carpets
- Environmentally friendly and safe for pets
- Completely biodegradable and safe for septic systems, marine life, and water treatment plants
- Works well on hardwood flooring as well
- Effectiveness proven through customer testimonials
- The scents are pleasant
9. Woolite InstaClean Pet
- Cleans carpets instantly
- Great for pet stains
- Works great on upholstery and car mats too
- Takes time to dry, so make sure to start while the carpet is still wet
- Some reviewers wish there was a smaller size option
This pet carpet cleaner from Woolite cleans up pet messes quickly and effortlessly. It attacks fresh and old stains instantly, and it works on upholstery, car mats and even automobile carpeting.
It uses a nontoxic formula consisting of aloe vera and color safe ammonia, so it’s safe for pets and kids.
The non-aerosol sprayer comes with a brush applicator that’s perfect for shaggy carpeting, upholstery and deep-cleaning car mats. Just spray and scrub for a beautiful finish.
10. Rocco & Roxie Supply Professional Strength Stain and Odor Eliminator
It can be used to treat any pet-related stains. It’s perfectly safe to use around cats, dogs, rodents, birds, reptiles, and even the family fish tank.
It eliminates stains caused by poop, vomit, urine, and all kinds of bac-teria.
It’s easy to apply – just spray on, and allow to soak in for a while, scrub if needed if you want.
11. Carbona 2 in 1 Oxy-powered Pet Stain
The Carbona 2 in 1 pet stain and odor eliminator is a great choice for somebody who has a dog.
One unique feature of this product is that it has safety bottle lock for auto shut off.
Another great thing about this product is that it removes stains on hardwood floors too!
12. Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh Carpet Odor Eliminator Plus Oxi Clean Dirt Fighters
- Available in an 18oz pack
- 100% biodegradable and non-toxic
- Removes dog, cat, and household odors
- Lessens pet odors
- Controls pet odor
- Removes pet urine and poop stains
- Easy to use
- Gets rid of bad odors but doesn’t create a good smelling environment
- Has a chemical smell
- Doesn’t provide any stain cleaning capabilities
Our top pick is the Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh Carpet Odor Eliminator Plus Oxi Clean Dirt Fighters, 18 oz, which comes in a pack of 2. This carpet odor eliminator can tackle pet messes, which (let’s be honest) can be really hard to get rid of. When it comes to pet messes, Arm & Hammer has been known to be one of the top brands. Their Pet Fresh collection is their attempt at removing those stubborn pet-related odors from your carpet. They’ve even advertised that their products have the ability to remove 99% of pet odors. And being a well-known brand, their products usually aren’t overpriced.
13. Pet Stain & Odor Miracle
- Orange scent is not too strong and sells very well
- Works great on a variety of messes
- Automatic discounts
- Great customer service
- Environmentally safe
- Three-month money back guarantee
- Some complaints about the product being too thin
- Some cats are turned off with its scent
- Takes some time since inefficiency is guaranteed
- Doesn’t work well removing stains from couch cushions
- Should be used on the spot for the best performance
Coming in a 32oz size, the Pet Stain and Odor Miracle Cleaner cleans unwanted stains and odors from many different surfaces including carpets, upholstery, and even wood floors.
The enzymatic ingredients in the cleaner attacks the organic molecules in pet droppings – getting rid of the odor.
Pet stains and odors can be the source of other problems besides just poor hygiene – such as health issues and a low quality of life. By using this enzyme cleaner, you’ll be able to make your home more comfortable for pets and humans alike.
14. Bissell 74R7 Pet Stain & Odor Portable Machine Formula
32 Fl Oz.
With a name like Bissell, we’re sure you already know that this pet carpet cleaner from Bissell will clean your pet’s pet stains and odors. This portable spot cleaner is like a portable miniature carpet shampooer. Weighing at 7.1 pounds and measuring at 11.5 x 10.2 x 17.5 inches, this spot cleaner needs no powerful training.
With its compact size, you can easily transport it from one spot to another without any hassle. It shuts off automatically once it gets heated, which you’d be thankful for it after a long day at work.
15. Stuart Pet Supply Co. Professional Strength Pet Odor Eliminator
With nearly 10,000 reviews and an average of 4 stars this pet carpet cleaner from Stuart Pet Supply has a lot going for it.
It is guaranteed to get rid of pet odors. It is made with a powerful bacteria killing enzyme. The bacteria will go after the pet urine that extends deep into your carpet. This is a fact that many other pet stain and odor removers don’t do.
It is not just limited to pet odors, it will also remove odors caused by gerbils, ferrets, rats, and even skunks.
16. Rug Doctor Platinum Pure
- This pet carpet cleaner has a patented anti-microbial agent to kill bacteria, mold, and mildew that helps to neutralize odor
- It has a tough stain lifter power brush to help deep clean your carpet and remove your toughest stains
- Contains a time released, antibacterial agent that helps keep your carpet smelling fresh between deep cleanings
- This pet carpet cleaner is made in the USA
- It may make your carpet feel stiff
- Has a slightly medicinal smell
Our most noteworthy pet carpet cleaner is Our most noteworthy pet carpet cleaner is Rug Doctor Platinum Pure for Pets, Cleaning Solution Permanently Removes Pet Stains and Neutralizes Odors, Protects Carpet from Future Stains, 52 fl oz. It has a patented anti-microbial agent to kill bacteria, mold, and mildew that helps to neutralize odor, and a tough stain lifter power brush to help deep clean your carpet and remove your toughest stains.
17. Particular Paws Pet Stain and Odor Remover
- Versatile spray works great for pet stains and odors
- Safe for use on most surfaces and materials
- Heavy duty and industrial strength formula
- Specially formulated to be safe for pets
- Special formula to target lingering odors
- Removes urine stains and odor from carpet, furniture, rugs, and more
- Contains no harsh chemicals or fragrances
- Non-toxic and biodegradable
- Free of formaldehyde, bleach, and ammonia
- Performs just as well on fresh and old odors
18. Bissell Destroyer Pet Plus
- Comes with a 22oz pet stain and odor remover formula
- Easy for spot cleaning
- Eco-friendly formula
- Works well on both hard floors and carpets
- Great for pet hair and odors
- Small carpet cleaner
- More suitable for small-medium carpets
- Spray head has limited range
19. Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover Trigger Spray
- Effective on almost all sorts of stains
- Safe for pets and safe for use around kids
- The trigger sprayer works perfectly
- Easy to use for people who have arthritis and limited hand movement
- Only effective at removing certain types of stains (i.e., urine)
- Does not work well on tough stains
- Scent can be overpowering
- Color is an unpleasant dark brown
For pet owners, a stain remover that can get rid of pet accidents and odors is a must-have product – and that’s where Nature’s Miracle comes in. Just a quick spray is all it takes to get rid of pet stains and odors of all kinds. That includes poop, pee, vomit, and blood.
Stain and odor removers don’t get any cheaper than this product, and it does a good job for its price. Just be careful with dark colored carpets – especially tan – because the product will stain them.
20. BISSELL Pet Stain & Odor Pretreat
- Compact size; good for even small cars
- Cleans up the smell
- Easy to use
- Leaves no smears or residue
- Good value for money
This is certainly one to check out if you want an affordable but more than decent pet carpet cleaner.
This by far has some of the highest reviews (4.6 stars out of 5.) for a pet specific carpet cleaner on Amazon.
Its got the basics covered with an easy to use sprayer dispenses the cleaning solution easily and it will completely neutralize any odors.
21. OUT! Advanced Stain and Odor Remover
- Virtually melts the carpeting protein before it dries to carpet
- Protects against red, black and brown pet urine
- Works on set-in stains
- Quickly removes pet feces and urine stains
- Spill-proof bottle sprayer
- Not suitable for carpets that are more than 2 years old
- Flammable – No closer than 3 feet from any flame or heat source
- Not suitable for leather, silk or fabrics that are labeled as flame-retardant
- Contains dangerous chemicals that may be harmful if ingested
- May not be effective in case of overwhelming or deeply-set pet stains
Out! Advanced Stain & Odor Remover is an excellent award-winning pet carpet cleaner that resembles all-natural enzymes, but its power is derived from a combination of organic ingredients and a powerful cleaning agent.
The enzymes it contains closely resemble the organic enzymes produced naturally by pet saliva and urine. In addition to liquefying proteins, it also dissolves pet dander, dirt and odors.
The product is specially formulated to provide a cleaning solution which will remove virtually any stain from your carpet.
22. Nature’s Miracle Dog Stain And Odor Remover
- Comes with a fresh orange scent
- Sticks to the carpet to ensure cleaner contact.
- Also works on carpet and other surfaces; such as upholstery and furniture
- Stain and odor remover
- Removes urine, feces, blood, vomit, and more
- The inclusion of hydroxyl ions within this formula has earned it this title.
- It can also help eliminate harsh odors while leaving the scent of fresh oranges behind.
- Also work on carpets and upholstery, not to mention getting rid of other surfaces.
- This does its job quickly and easily, making it ideal for those who don’t have any cleaning experience.
- This is very easy to use – all you have to do is saturate the carpet or surface, then let it dry.
- While it’s good for general use, this requires more than just a quick spray to remove the toughest of stains.
- Some people have complained about the spray nozzle becoming clogged after use.
- We’d advise against spraying it directly on surfaces, since this can cause discoloration.
- Also, the spray has a shaky spritz that makes it messy.
23. Doggone Pet Products Pet Urine Stain & Odor Enzymatic Concentrate Permanently Eliminate Dogs & Cats Vomit
- Great value for the price
- Doesn’t need to be reapplied, as it’s an enzyme formula that gets to work to permanently get rid of stains and smells
- Contains a lot of information about dog and cat urine, and the process of how it gets into the carpet
- There’s enough of the product to remove the stain and smell
- Heavier products are dispensed onto the carpet spray bottles
- Dooggone Pet Products Pet Odor & Stain Remover is not an instant treatment
- Doesn’t work for old pets pee stains
Ideal For Carpet, Hardwood & Area Rugs.
Doggone Pet Products Pet Odor & Stain Remover is a multipurpose product for dog stains, both in the carpet and other areas of the home that your furry friend pees on. It contains natural enzymes to eliminate stains without harming your dogs and cats. It contains no harsh chemicals.
The product is powerful enough to remove cat pee stains, which is a common problem on the carpet, on upholstery, in cars as well as on blankets, clothes, even in the laundry to get rid of that stubborn urine smell. See best pet carpet shampoos.
24. Stain-eez Carpet Cleaner Spray from Clean-eez! Our Brand New Stain Remover Combines Pro-Biotics & Enzyme cleaner to Completely Break Down New & Old Stains & Odors. Best Pet Carpet Cleaner
- Effective at cleaning pet stains
- Attracts and kills dust mites
- Gentle enough to be used on most fabrics
- Restores the look of carpets
A seemingly ingenious solution to a big problem we all face… how do you clean pet stains and odors?
A car of any age is basically a mobile zone of bacteria. Combine this with pets being allowed to sit, sleep and piddle in your car and bingo… you have a potential germ factory.
This is a big problem in the pet industry. Topically applied deodorizers can mask odors in the short term but will not remove the source of odor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best pet carpet shampooer?
The best pet carpet shampooer will vary between consumers depending on their pet, how much hair there is, how often they clean it, and their own preferences.
I prefer automatic cleaning as opposed to manual cleaning simply because it is easier and you don’t have to use as much elbow grease. The models that come with an active job are also great because you can walk away while they work. This saves on time and energy.
Some pet carpet cleaners have special features like being able to dry the machine so you don’t have to wait long before you can use it again or a way to deodorize your carpet after using it. These are great features that will save you a lot of time while maintaining a clean home.
Which is the best carpet cleaning machine?
We don’t have pet urine in our house. It smells good and looks clean. But if you’re not as lucky as us, you’re not going to benefit from modern technologies. It’s important to have the best pet carpet cleaner for your household.
Choosing a carpet cleaner for pet stains is a tricky task, because different manufacturers have different solutions. Look for special formulas to clean up pet urine from carpets. They are not few in numbers and vary in their efficiency.
There are carpet cleaners, which are perfect for pet stains and odors, while the others are best for general cleaning. But general cleaners can be used for pet stains as well as there are cases when pet won’t leave any spots anyway.
Are Carpet Cleaners Worth It?
Carpet cleaning requires a lot of work. It’s not as simple as going over some carpets with a wet sponge like you’re cleaning the floors! Most thorough carpet cleaning requires vacuuming in advance, treating stains, and using separate carpet cleaning tools.
Depending on the type of carpet and how much you value cleanliness, you may think the time involved in proper carpet cleaning is worth it. But if you’re like me, you value your time more than you value carpet that looks like it’s had a fresh scrubbing. Especially if you just vacuumed the carpet the week before and it looks great!
It’s a shame to waste your time if you’re already satisfied with the cleanliness of your carpets (especially if your carpets just got a fully-fledged cleaning last week!).
Pets are awesome; they keep us company and give us unconditional love. The problem is, however, they piddle on the floor and the carpet. Their puking and hairball production are enough to give us a headache when cleaning. They can also kill our favorite rugs and floors. How to clean these things?
|Bissell Stomp 'N Go Pet Lifting Pads + Oxy||Best Overall|
|Woolite Advanced Pet Stain & Odor Remover + Sanitize||Budget Pick|
|Pet Stain & Odor Miracle||Upgrade Pick|