When your neighbors complain there is nothing you can do, but to take your dog to the vet for medications or keep him in a specially designed kennel. Fortunately, there are several new products on the market that utilize ultrasonic sounds. These devices are an innovative alternative to pills and are more humane than kennels.
Ultrasonic bark control devices are quite popular due to their humane approach to solving excessive barking problems. They are used by pet owners around the world and have been proven to be useful in a variety of scenarios. They work best for dogs that bark when they are left alone.
If your dog barks excessively when you leave, then one of these devices could be just right for your situation. They are light, compact, come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are quite affordable.
I have done my research and tested several of these ultrasonic bark control devices available in the market and put together a list of the top products you should consider to stop your dog from barking the next time he senses you’re about to leave.
Make sure you click on the button below to discover why and how ultrasonic bark control devices work to stop barking problems quickly and effectively.
|The Company of Animals Pet Corrector Spray||Best Overall|
|POVAD LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller||Budget Pick|
|instecho Electric Can Opener||Upgrade Pick|
1. The Company of Animals Pet Corrector Spray
No Need for Collar Tags.
Perhaps one of the best dog training tools out there is an electronic collar. However, they’re not only safe but are also effective nonetheless.
The Pet Corrector spray comes in both bottle and spray form. The bottle is best used by aiming at your dog’s nose.
2. MODUS Ultrasonic Dog Bark Deterrent
- Yard Training
- Powerful, doesn’t need to recharge
- Adjustable ‘No Bark’ times
- Good range for 9m to 15m
- Nice and bright LED indicator
- No pain/no harm, only unpleasant sound
- Light and compact
- No harm to pets
- Wrist strap is a little flimsy, but functional
- No Play/Good/Bad, or last settings can’t be seen when the barking starts
- Batteries burn out quick
A visit to the vet can be quite traumatic for your dog. And that trauma is often expressed in a heartbreaking manner. In the form of barking. Barking that needn’t be there.
Barking that only adds to the stress and agitation of other dogs in the waiting room. And the owner.
And what if we told you that there was something that could easily put a stop to that stressful ordeal?
3. Zelers Mini Anti Barking Device
- Reduces barking up to 95%
- Sturdy construction
- Does not use shock
- Includes a door attachment
- Adjustable sensitivity levels
- Safe for all dogs
- Battery operated
- May have trouble with large dogs
- Very pricey
- Cannot be used as a collar
- Cannot be adjusted for size
- Cannot be attached to clothes
The ultrasonic Zellers anti-barking device is a handy tool for any pet owner and comes with four sensitivity levels to choose from.
The device is centered on a circular round that functions as a push button "on/off" switch and is easy to operate.
This anti-bark device is safe and humane (so your dog won't associate you with the negative consequence of its actions), easy to use, and is stored on a very convenient hand strap that measures 31", making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
4. Frienda LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller and Trainer Device 3 in 1 Anti Barking Stop Bark Handheld Dog Training Device
5. Ultrasonic Anti Barking Device
- Effectively suppress and prevent dogs barking
- Super easy to use
- Fully adjustable
- Works for all dogs, regardless of their size, age, and breed
- Safe and humane for dogs
- A humane alternative to dog bark collar training
- Stops dogs from barking within a few hours
- It is an easy-to-use tool
- It is fully adjustable and works for all dogs
- Its fully adjustable strap fits most dogs from 10 pounds to 100 pounds
- Its battery life is not as advertised
- No documentation for warranty or returns
- Not waterproof and have difficulty with operating conditions such as snow, rain, and wind
Do you have a dog that barks a lot?
The [M.W] Ultrasonic Anti Barking Device helps you train your dog to stop barking without having to go through the trouble of hiring a trainer or putting your dog on a bark collar.
The [M.W] Ultrasonic Anti Barking Device is the best way to get your dog to understand that just because you are not paying attention to them, that doesn’t mean they can go on and scream incessantly.
6. POVAD LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
- Lightweight and compact
- Has a built-in LED flashlight
- Completely cruelty-free
- Can be activated hands-free
- Comes with multiple settings
- Doesn’t require any batteries
- Easy to mount
- Several settings help you customize your experience
- Can be used as a training tool
- The volume may be too intense for some dogs
- Only works on dogs ‖ not cats or other animals
- Doesn’t have any automatic shutoff feature
- Not advisable for outdoor use
This product comes from Human Engineering Technology, who’s been around since 2005.
The ultrasonic deterrent has an adjustable volume control, a test button, and three working modes – fixed volume, adjustable volume, and strobe.
This bark control device is the only one that offers strobe mode – most others don’t. As a result, you can customize the style of the deterrent. When the dog is quiet, the strobe will turn off.
7. APlus+ Handheld Dog Repellent
- Stylish battery-powered remote control
- Safe and humane
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Poor range
- Not waterproof
- Stains easily
- Can be uncomfortable for larger dogs
Another ultrasonic bark control device is the APlus+ Handheld Dog Repellent, Ultrasonic Infrared Dog Deterrent. It is a battery-powered handheld device and dog training deterrent, which includes the handheld transmitter, handheld receiver, and receiver collar. This bark control device is battery powered, so you don’t have to worry about either an electrician or a loud generator.
When an irritable bark is detected, the handheld transmitter will emit a high-frequency sound. This sound is above the hearing range of both humans as well as other household pets, and it is only uncomfortable to dogs. It’s designed to startle, confuse, and start a dog, which then, in turn, will discourage it from barking continuously.
8. Doggie Don't Device
Barking has long been one of the most annoying behaviors for dog owners. From their friends to their neighbors, everyone is not a big fan of incessant barking.
It seems that dogs bark to communicate with their people for just about everything – to call for attention, for the doorbell, and to welcome friends, but mostly, Doggies bark to tell other dogs “I’m here.” This behavior, however, can also pose a powerful tool … a means for dogs to communicate with each other.
After all, dogs are highly intelligent and keen animals who get along well with each other. Unfortunately, it can sometimes go overboard, especially when their barking is directed at people. This is when anti-barking advice seems to be a necessity.
9. BossBee Ultrasonic Barking Control
Barking dogs drive you nuts. They want to play, in the worst way they can think of! Stimulation with beeps tends to be motivating and can reduce a dog's barking to a minimum.
Here is the result of our research, and if you read the above review, you will know how to use the collar and hang on to the challenge.
As a way to control your dog from barking, make use of a dog bark collar. There are many different kinds of dog bark collars for different kinds of dogs. Here, we will look into two types, the dog spray collar and the sonic bark collar.
10. Sunbeam Little Sonic Egg Handheld Ultrasonic Bark Control Device
- With instant feedback – you’ll shortly know if this is effective
- Highly affordable
- Nice compact size
- Ultra-quiet and won’t disturb your neighbors
- Effective only for longer barks
- Considerably less effective in quiet neighborhoods
- Doesn’t work well for heavy-duty barking
- Low battery indicator light
Reviewers in general loved the Sunbeam Little Sonic Egg, and it’s an excellent choice for small dogs as it’s a little bigger than a golf ball.
This product is ranked as the best ultrasonic bark control device in 2019 according to user reviews and ratings. We particularly liked that it comes with both a high and low setting.
This will enable you to deliver different kinds of training sessions: High setting for mild correction, a low setting for praise, and a high setting for more serious training.
11. AccMart LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller and Trainer Device 3 in 1 Anti Barking Stop Bark Handheld Dog Training Device
- Offers 2 training modes: tone and light.
- It can fit on most objects
- Great for small and medium dogs
- Great training tool that helps to correct improper behavior
- Safe and humane; comes with a built-in sensor
- Multipurpose; helps dogs with behavioral issues
- Doesn’t work well on large breeds
- Some pet owners reported they needed to turn up the intensity, to achieve greater results
- The device can sometimes beep for no reason (usually happens when the dog is more than 10 feet away)
- Some dogs will still bark because they are excited or curious about a noise
- Several users reported being unable to silence this device (pressing down the on/off button for 3 seconds)
Our budget pick is the AccMart Dog Anti Barking Stop Barking Control. This is a humane device that helps to correct improper behavior and solve behavioral issues. It’s available at a fraction of the cost of other devices, but still manages to deliver the same if not better results.
12. Apesto 6 Pack Portable Edition
- Shipping with one year Guarantee
- Powerful ultrasonic sound reaching up to 120db for dog training
- Comes with a flashlight to protect you for dangers at night
- Using a high-quality rechargeable lithium-ion battery that does not require replacement
- Comes with waterproof and rechargeable battery
- Bark Detection & Alarm Mode
- Easy to use and set up
- No pesticide, drinks or cruelty to animals
- Easy to use and carry-Only 2.2 oz. you can use it in park
- Full-charge can reach more than 120 hours continuous sound
- Dog GPS Locator (Battery Included) For Indoor and Outdoor Use, Black.
13. Upgrade Mini Bark Control Device
- Can stops nuisance barking with good results
- Includes microphone for better accuracy
- 16 levels of sensitivity
- Dedicated bark zone detection ensures no outside noises distracts your dog
- Waterproof for both rain and snow
- Suitable for dogs of all sizes
- Protects up to 125 feet square
- You have to keep the transmitter always on
- The battery life is average, so you have to replace it regularly
- A bit expensive compared to other similar products
The Best Ultrasonic Bark Control Device has an 8 adjustable strength levels to control nuisance barking. Also works exceptionally well even with dogs that are deaf.
First, you select the level of sensitivity (1-8) with the push of a button. Then wait 20-30 seconds for the device to calibrate itself and begin responding to your dog’s barks.
The wireless receiver plugs into a wall socket and there’s a adapter to plug a second receiver into the wall. This way it can cover multi-floor apartments.
14. PestZilla8482; Dog Repellent and Trainer + LED Flashlight/Handheld Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent and Bark Stopper + Dog Trainer Device
- Effective for small to medium-sized dogs
- Available in two colors – black and red
- Easy setup and use
- A great alternative to employing a professional dog trainer
- Simple dial knob to adjust frequency and volume of sound
- One year warranty
- Light and easy to use
- Some dogs don’t respond to ultrasonic sounds
- Some dogs get used to the deterring sound
The PestZilla8482; Dog Repellent and Trainer is the best ultrasonic bark control device for small to medium-sized dogs. It’s a great alternative to employing a professional dog trainer. If you have a problem with your dogs barking, this product will do the job. It is simple and easy to use, and best of all, it is environmentally-friendly.
The PestZilla8482; Dog Repellent has a simple and easy dial knob to adjust frequency and volume of sound. You can set the frequency of sound to either high or low and adjust according to the bark of your dog. Most importantly, you can also adjust the volume to adjust the sensitivity of the device.
15. Hoont Electronic Dog Repellent and Trainer
- Rechargeable battery
- Advertises as leak-proof but yet also waterproof
- Long lasting
- The device comes with a lifetime warranty
After our review, we found that the Hoont Dog Repellent was by far the most effective in terms of bark detection and noise correction.
This device detects sounds up to 50 feet away. It’s waterproof and will still function correctly if if it falls in the water.
It features 12 sensitivity levels which means that you can pick the one which suits best for each situation.
16. DOPQIEG Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
- Great for small to medium dogs
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use – can be used in patios, restaurants, and apartments
- Very affordable compared to other Bark Collar and Bark Control Devices
- Has a built-in LED flashlight
- Doesn’t leave any marks on your dog’s throat
- Easy to use and operate
- Effective at repressing your dog’s excessive barking for outdoor use (preferably)
- Can’t be used for big dogs
- Can only be used for indoor and not for outdoor use
- Suitable for small to medium dogs
- Battery life could be better
17. PestZilla Handheld Dog Repellent and Trainer + LED Flashlight/Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent and Bark Stopper + Dog Trainer Device
- Can be set to 2 different modes for flexibility
- Effective in most cases and at a distance of 100-150 feet
- Has a sturdy grip for ease when using it on a dog
- LED can be turned off when using it at night
- Easy to read indicator light
- Has LED flashlight for night time use
- Long lasting batteries
- Battery takes a while to get in
- Occasionally not accurate
- Sometimes instead of making sounds the dog barks more
- Not as much of a deterrent when the dog associates it with you
- Has to be used every time the dog barks too
Another contender for the best dog bark control device is the PestZilla handheld dog deterrent.
Even though this product is not directly anti bark, it is still effective in controlling the barking behavior of most dogs.
The sound this device makes is an ultrasonic sound of 37 kHz – this means that humans can’t hear the sound but the dog can.
18. HoomDirect Anti Barking Device
- 24 Pcs Ultra Sonic Bark Deterrent Device, Dog Anti-Barking, Pet training Bark Control, Outdoor Use
- No Barking Device Rechargeable Battery Power Pet Training Bark Control Outdoor Bark Control Anti No Bark Dog Training Anti Ultrasonic Bark Control for Small/Medium/Large Dogs,No Barking
- Dogs Barking Prevention Device Bark Control No Bark Anti Barking Collar Device Pet Bark Control with 3 Sensitivity Levels Anti Bark Collar Stop Dog Barking Waterproof Bark Control Collar for Puppies
- No Barking Anti Barking Dog Deterrent Collar Dog Barking Collar Dog Bark Control Collar Outdoor Dog Collar Pet Bark Repellant Device Anti Bark Control Anti Bark Devices Stop Dogs Barking Exclusively for You
With Longest Range, Train Pets Anti No Bark Device for Large Dogs,Indoor and Outdoor Use.
Sonic Dog Training Bark Collar, Dog No Bark Collar, Ultra-Sonic Dog Training Device Stop, Anti-Barking Collar for Dogs and Cats. Features Maximum Safety Range of 40 Feet (12 Meters) Effectively Stop Barking
No Bark Dog Deterrent Anti No Bark Deterrent Mattress Dog Barking Station Control Waterproof Dog Anti Bark Collar Anti No Bark Collar No Bark Anti Barking Device treats barking as positive reinforcement! The Ultimate Solution
19. Ruri's Ultrasonic Dog Repeller Trainer Device 3 in 1 Anti Barking Stop Bark Control Trainer LED Flashlight
This top-rated ultrasonic dog bark control device is cheap and effective … and at these prices, why wouldn’t you buy one?
With 160 reviews, this dog bark control device receives a 4.5 out of 5 star rating on Amazon, which is really, really impressive.
This device is simple to use – simply point the device at the dog barking, and it will give an uncomfortable feeling and will immediately stop the barking.
20. ELenest Anti Barking Device
- Come with a 1 year warranty; other brands only have a 30-day warranty, which is not considered long in most parts of the world
- Adjustable timer function
- Compact and lightweight design
- Doesn’t waste too much power, especially compared to other outdoor bark control devices
- Comes in different sizes and styles
- Can be adjusted according to the size and weight of your dog
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Simple to operate and operate for both dogs & cats
- The spray has been tested & proven safe to use on puppies
- You can adjust the level of spray from low to high depending on your dog’s sensitivity
- Could be a little bit loud for sleeping humans
- There have been some complaints about the level of instruction – however, most owners didn’t indicate that it’s a big deal
- You will likely need to repeat the training a few times
- The receiver is a little big
- Some dogs are too loud
For Dogs, Antidog Shock Collar Reverses Negative Behavior.
21. Sonic Dog Bark Control Device
- Excellent customer service from the manufacturer
- Highly effective at deterring your pet from barking
- Economical and easy to use
- Has a dial that lets you adjust the volume
- Made with durable materials
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Good for large and small pets
- Includes a low battery indicator
- Can be a bit too loud for some pets
- The spray can be irritating to some pets
- Some pets may be able to tolerate the spray better than others
- The battery doesn’t last for a whole month
- Some customers have complained that the spray is messy
This bark control device works very simply. If your pet barks, he/she will get sprayed with water. The amazing thing is that it usually takes only a couple of sprays for your pet to get the idea that barking will result in getting sprayed with water. There is a dial that you can adjust for the level of the spray, so if you have a big dog and a small dog you can put the dial on a higher setting. This will compensate for the stronger spray from the bigger dog.
The spray can get wet your carpet, so if you use this device you may have to find ways to protect your carpet.
22. Lentek Bark Free Dog Training Device
- No pain
- Effective immediately
- Long range (even at 50 meters)
- The beep noises are loud
- Remote training shouldn’t be used too often
The Lentek dog training device helps train your dog to stop barking.
It uses two types of controls: Continuous Tone, which responds to your dog’s barking, and Tone Burst, which uses a beep to interrupt your dog’s barking.
The Tone Burst feature is pretty straightforward: it makes a loud beep that interrupts your dog’s barking. However, the continuous tone feature works differently. The continuous tone is activated when your dog barks … and it will continue to activate as long as your dog barks.
23. Alfaw LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
- Very reasonable price
- Has a sturdy nylon belt clip for easy portability
- Has a built-in 3 LED bike light and a flashing red LED for added safety when walking your dog
- Features 3 modes: a vibration mode, which is great for training; an ultrasonic sound mode; and an LED light mode
- Can be adjusted to different intensities
- Comes with a 1 Year Warranty
This is the most powerful dog bark control device on our list. That said, it’s been designed to be safe and humane enough to use on adult dogs.
This highly effective device does not require batteries and is completely rechargeable. The fact that it features a flashlight and is waterproof makes it even more versatile.
This is great for dog training or to simply use as an anti-barking device. The device uses a high-frequency sound wave…which comes across as a whistle…to deter barking.
24. instecho Electric Can Opener
- Efficient in saving time
- Durable in a way that it’s free of rust
- 3 years of warranty
- comes with a detachable caddy and measuring cup
- Ideal for everyday use like in the kitchen but also for your garage or shop
- Cuts cans in less than a couple of seconds
- Can be used for a very long time
- Works on all kinds of cans: pop-top cans and caps, industrial strength cans, etc.
- It’s just as easy to use as an electric knife and it’s much quicker to use than a manual opener
- It’s a fast and silent and work with no effort on your part
- If you want more than one, you’re going to have to pay extra, since they’re not sold separately
- You might be better off getting a manual can opener than this electric one, depending on what you’re looking for
25. Zomma Bark Control Device
- Portable, waterproof and has a nice simple design – doesn’t feel cheap
- Reasonable price
- Effective against dogs of all sizes
- It has an adjustable volume level
- The sound is not loud at all compared to the bark of a dog
- Convenient to use – just turn on the unit and place it in a place where your dog can hear it
- It can help cure or reduce excessive barking
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Can be used for puppies as well as adult dogs (between 5 and 50 lbs)
- Aids in house training by producing unpleasant sounds when your dog starts to bark. It’s extremely interesting for your pooch to hear his own voice on tape!
- So far user reviews states that it is not very effective when it comes to dogs that are used to barking but quiet normally when hearing other dogs.
- If your dog gets used to it, the device will not work
- Barking may initially get worse at first before it calms down
- You need to have a fair amount of patience to get the unit to work
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best ultrasonic anti barking device?
The best ultrasonic anti-bark device is the PetSafe PBC-10. It can detect sound up to 20 feet away. For inside and outside use. Has a collar as an alternative to anti-bark collar. Uses 9 volt batteries and has low-battery indicator. Can be used in most climates while there is little to no danger of damaging weather.
Do ultrasonic bark deterrents work?
Until now, a big concern with anti-bark collars was that they did not work or simply drove your dog crazy. This is because the collars rely on sound as a deterrent. In the past, this meant deafening loud static or a tone your dog can hear.
The latest models, however, are safe and humane, using ultrasonic waves as an effective dog bark deterrent.
Dogs have a hearing range of 20Hz-45KHz, while humans hear only 20Hz-20KHz. This means that humans can’t hear high-frequency noises that are audible to dogs, making it hard to understand how ultrasonic bark deterrents work for both people and dogs.
They include a microphone to detect dog barking and then emit a high-frequency sound waves just above the range people can hear. This means the deterrent is inaudible to humans, yet annoying to dogs, reducing the amount of barking.
What is the best device to stop a dog from barking?
The common types of bark control devices include citronella collars, ultrasonic collars, and electronic collars. If you want to stop your dog from barking in a humane way, these devices will help you teach him to bark a certain amount of times and no longer.
Citronella devices are 100% safe and humane. A device like this emits an odor that dogs don’t like while they bark. So it makes barking an unpleasant experience.
Ultrasonic devices are also safe and humane, but they’re not as effective as citronella devices. Electronic devices are safe but not effective or humane enough. They can’t stop the dog from barking but can only scare the dog so he stops barking for a minute and then repeats.
Do stop dog barking devices work?
Yes, they do work. The sound emitted by an ultrasonic gun is quite similar to the “arghh” sound that a dog makes at the vetʼs office, which scares the dog. When you first have your ultrasonic stop dog barking device installed, you will notice a certain retreat in your dog. It will cower away into a corner, whining and yelping. Check out my on-site blog post about how ultrasonic dog training works.
With so many ultrasonic bark control devices available on the market, you may feel a bit confused about the whole process of how to find the right one.
Fortunately, we’ve created a guide (with extensive research and testing) that gets straight to the point on what devices work best. So you’re not wasting time on devices that won’t deliver the barking control you seek.
|The Company of Animals Pet Corrector Spray||Best Overall|
|POVAD LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller||Budget Pick|
|instecho Electric Can Opener||Upgrade Pick|