Bird feeding is a popular hobby that can teach you a lot about birds. But we’re going to be honest with you. If you’re buying a window bird feeder, you probably don’t want to spend your time researching bird behavior, figuring out bird calls, counting the different species of birds in your yard, or learning how to identify all the different birds native to your area.
More likely, you want a window bird feeder that’s easy to use, won’t break your budget, and enables you to watch birds from the comfort of your own home.
Well, in that case — you’ve come to the right place!
Below is a list of the best window bird feeders for sale. We’ve included all different types of bird feeders from all different types of brands. These window bird feeders should fit all small windows and allow you to watch birds up close.
|Window Bird Feeder||Best Overall|
|Birdscapes Clear Window Feeder 348||Budget Pick|
|Roamwild Beautiful Arch Window Wild Bird Feeder||Upgrade Pick|
1. Window Bird Feeder
- Colorful and plenty of room for birds to view
- Reasonable price
- Compact and easy to refill
- Fits any size feed
- The extra suction cups broke off easily
- Suction cups often fell off the windows
- The connecting plastic piece cracked
- It was not washable and weatherproof
This is a really well built bird feeder! It has a great design with a decent price.
The suction cups attach to the window really well to remove any sort of unsteadiness, which makes it very secure for the birds to land and eat. These suction cups are very effective on windows with screens, as well as on clean windows.
Since it can hold any type of seed, you don’t have to worry about it not working well with the type of feed you choose to buy. This is a great quality because other bird feeders have a type of seed that they are better suited for, and once you buy this option you don’t have to worry.
2. Nature Gear Window Bird Feeder
3. Nature Gear Pure View Hanging Window Bird Feeder
- It’s simple and easy to set up
- It has very good design, clear and easy to clean
Without Tools – 4 Easy Cleaning Windows – No Mess, No Batteries, No Hassle.
If you are looking for a simple, elegant bird feeder that will make bird watching even more fun, then you should definitely check out the Pure View Hanging Window Bird Feeder. It has 4 clear windows, so you can enjoy watching the birds around your house, without having to worry about wind, rain or other factors.
It’s very easy to assemble and to install. Simply set it up in the window, and you’re done.
4. Wild Birds of Joy Window Bird Feeder
- No assembly required
- Lightweight and compact
- The clear acrylic gives you a 360 degree view of the birds
- Large enough to be attractive to birds
- It’s easy to clean
- Strong suction cups hold it firmly on any window
- The seed tray drains excess water and lets old seed dry out for easy removal
- The birds will eat holes in the plastic feeder ports
- The suction cups on the seed tray are not as strong as the ones on the feeder itself
- Birds may steal the seed from inside the feeder or the seed tray.
No Assembly Required.
This Wild Birds of Joy bird feeder is loved by both bird lovers and the tree-huggers. It comes ready to use, and takes little space away from your house, without giving up on a good view.
What’s great about this window bird feeder is that it’s lightweight and compact. It features a seed cup with drainage holes and four seed ports. The clear acrylic package is fitted with suction cups you can securely attach to your window. The feeder is large enough for all your feathered friends to enjoy.
5. PAWCHIE Window Bird Feeder
- Protect birds from cats and other predators by keeping them on your windows
- Rubber seal makes it easy to feed birds during bad weather – it’s designed to hold up against rain, heat, and snow. You can also easily wash it to remove any messes
- Includes 5 suction cups which are mounted on a removable tray that makes it easy to clean
- The tray is also removable, so you can store bird seed in it until needed
- Use a paper towel to stop seed from falling out
- The cups are made of a thick and durable plastic, and they provide a deep basket. Ingredients are held securely inside so the birds don’t scatter them
- Designed for use with most windows, even double-pane or retrofitted older models
- This window bird feeder is also easy to mount. Simply position your cups on your window, and they’ll adhere to it.
- The sides are made of sturdy, safe acrylic that’s designed to withstand normal conditions
- The bird feeder includes mounting brackets which are designed to fit with most screws, so they’re easy to install. You can use most adhesive hooks or suction cups if brackets aren’t your thing
6. Deluxe Clear Window Bird Feeder
- The attractively priced feeder has the features of a more costly one
- It is built for regular use
- Excellent feeder for large variety of birds
- The feeder is easy to assemble and easy to fill
- It measures 8 inches long, 10 inches wide and 4 inches tall
- The tray has three holes in the bottom to let liquid drain
- The main seed feeding hole is .91 inches in diameter
- It has 3 suction cups that Ensure it is firmly planted on any window
- The clear plastic front that allows you to see the birds feed
- It has a removable seed container that eliminates waste
- Birds can break the clear plastic
- The suction cups can fail
- The feed can spill
Holds Up to 3 Pounds of Bird Food.
A great cheap and cheerful choice of feeder, this window feeder is awesome value for money. It has a large capacity and can be moved from window to window without its suction cups failing. It is also easy to clean and great for a whole range of small birds.
7. Nature Anywhere Window Bird House Feeder
- Feeder is adjustable to any window
- Easy to install; takes less than 5 minutes
- The extra wide opening allows birds to eat more comfortably
- Audible crackling, bird song, tweeting sounds and the sight of beautiful birds outside your window is a feast for the eyes
- The transparent PVC bottom allows you to have a clear view of the feeding birds
- The anti-corrosion and UV resistance keeps your feeder in excellent condition for longer
- The spill-proof design means you never need to worry about spills, or feeding birds onto their heads
- The clear, shatterproof and non-toxic polycarbonate bowl is a breeze to clean
- No tools needed – perfect for cleaning and replacing the seed
- Easy to clean; just wipe the cover with a soft cloth, or glass cleaner; mild soap is also OK if necessary
- The feeder does not accommodate peanuts
- The seed may get stuck at the top of the feeder; you can use the slider to help it down
For Blue Jay, Pigeon, Parrot, Green Parakeet, Many Kinds Bird.
8. Wild Birds of Joy Window Bird Feeder
- Super strong suction cups (even in hot weather)
- Excellent customer service and warranty
- Allows feeder to be free standing or mounted to window or the included Styrofoam block
- Not well-sealed against the elements
- Tray isn’t the easiest to clean
Birds, Attracts More Birds, Perfect for Home, Office or School for Bird Watchers.
Window bird feeder are surprisingly popular, especially with people who live in large cities and don’t have much backyard space. But why?
Window bird feeders allow you to view the birds up close AND keep them safe from predators like cats and squirrels. The Wild Birds of Joy Window Feeder is no different.
9. BOLITE 18020 Bird Feeder 2-Way Feeders Window Bird Feeder
- Made out of sturdy ABS plastic, easy to clean and refill
- Won’t interfere with window view at all
- No food leaks, drips or stains
- No harm to birds
Our top pick is the BOLITE 18020 Bird Feeder with 2-Way action. This bird feeder is a genuinely innovative product that’s unlike any other. Made out of sturdy ABS plastic, this feeder is extremely durable – it’s perfect if you have kids or pets around the house. The design allows this to be placed anywhere in a window. So even if you have a low-hanging roof or another obstruction in your window, you still wouldn’t have to worry.
Another reason why we chose this bird feeder is that once you fill it up with food, it’ll remain closed. This will prevent leakage and drips. The patented blade will ensure that only one piece of food goes out at a time, which will avoid any mess. The feeding bulb will release the food several seconds later, which will allow larger birds to eat first.
10. Roamwild Beautiful Arch Window Wild Bird Feeder
- Easy to clean
- Large capacity
- Supports multiple birds, great for larger birds
- Trip-proof design prevents damage
- The tray is a bit small
- Some finicky issues with the heavier birds, sometimes it falls off the window
- The tray can be difficult to clean
The Roamwild Window Wild Bird Feeder is a hefty feeder weighing about 2.4lbs, with a huge 4lbs capacity. The large weight capacity is great for larger birds. This is also an interesting window feeder from another standpoint in that it is designed to be used on a metal or a plastic window.
It’s a simple design that has four suction cups to secure it to the window. It has drainage holes on the bottom to allow water to leave. It also comes with a hanging bracket.
The tray is a bit small, though and doesn’t hold a lot of seed. The larger capacity will make it great for larger birds but it can make it difficult for finicky birds to reach the seed. The tray is also quite difficult to clean and it’s made out of a hard plastic that is difficult to scrub. Therefore it may retain bacteria over time.
11. LANSCOERY Clear Acrylic Window Bird Feeder
- The clear, transparent material allows for a stunning view
- The bright, visible seeds will attract birds from afar
- The large seed hopper will fill up quickly
- The suction cups hold up very well to weather conditions
- Includes bird guide to attract specific birds to your feeder
- You can see the birds from across the room
- Keeps pesky squirrels, rats, and insects out
- Not very large
- Suction cups will leave marks if you hang it in your living room
- The seed will attract other insects like bees and butterflies
- Not designed for all weather conditions
Made in USA.
This bird feeder is fantastic if you like the view of wild birds in your home. The clear air allows you to see the birds and insects from a distance. It is made from a type of plastic that is not toxic to birds, but will repel the squirrels and other animals.
It is rather small, so it will not hold a ton of seeds. This might be limiting for some. It features two large legs which hold the feeder situated. It is easy to clean and contains a seed hopper that is easy to access.
12. Perky-Pet Window Mount Hummingbird Feeder Iridescent Color
- Very appealing design
- Affordable price for the amount and quality of features you’re getting
- Very easy to clean
- If your feeder comes with an issue, the manufacturer will send you a replacement with no questions asked
- Made of high-quality plastic
- Also has suction cups for added stability
- Different color options
- The plastic is so thin that you can hear the food moving around inside the feeder
- The tube for the nectar is quite small
If you’re looking for an affordable, quality hummingbird feeder, then look no further. This one comes with an iridescent finish, which makes it perfect for the garden.
The wide mouth makes it easy to fill, and you can count on the nectar to stay fresh. Since there’s a secure cap on the spout, the nectar won’t spill. Plus, there’s a viewing window that will allow you to see if the feeder needs refilling.
The design of the feeder prevents it from tipping over easily. The fact that it comes with suction cups is just the cherry on top. It also comes with a loop for hanging as well as a hook for hanging.
13. Window Bird Feeder
- Strong suction cups hold securely onto windows
- Drip guard to avoid messes
- Multiple holes for easy drainage
- Easy to clean and very lightweight
- Two feeding trays for options
- Easy to refill, lift out, and hang again
- Two perches for different types of birds
- Lots of room for larger birds (doves, finches, hawks, etc.)
- The suction cups are kind of loud when you attach them to a window
- The plastic is thin
This is for bird lovers that want to attract and feed multiple types of birds to watch from inside their homes.
This bird feeder attaches to a window with two strong suction cups.
The durable plastic is able to withstand high winds.
14. VIVOHOME Acrylic Squirrel Proof Clear Window Bird Feeder
The Four Seasons Vivohome is one of the best squirrel proof window bird feeder models on the market today. Because it is made with high quality material, it’s durable and will last a long time. It’s also easy to assemble and right out of the box, it’s ready to be attached to your window. It’s easy to attach to your window with strong suction cups that will never pop-off. The high quality acrylic has UV resistance and is completely scratch resistant.
Even the perches that are at the inside of the feeder are made of flexible plastic, so it’ll not be able to break easily. The transparent plastic hopper on top of the squirrel proof feeder allows you to see how much seed is left, so you’ll not be surprised by low seed levels that can lead to a lack of feed that will either attract other pests or result in your birds going elsewhere for food.
The included sliding seed tray allows you to adjust the amount of seed flow and even regulate the drop speed. You’ll be able to control seed flow and the seed drop speed to prevent seed spillage on the window sills.
15. Juegoal Window Hummingbird Feeder
Stop wasting money on cheap plastic feeders. This Juegoal window bird feeder does exactly as it says it does. It’s easy to install and very easy to clean too. The 8 oz. feeding capacity will keep your special hummers well fed. We like that it’s made out of thick and sturdy plastic, which is reliable and much safer for your precious birds. The lifetime warranty is also a nice add-on. You can purchase it on Amazon with free shipping.
The metal screw piece is painted. It’s nice that it’s painted, but for the price we’d like it to be made of stainless steel.
Another negative is that we couldn’t find replacement parts on their website. We’re hoping they’ll be available soon.
16. Aspects ASPECTS437 The Gem Window Hummingbird Feeder
- Excellent for attracting Hummingbirds
- Attractive Design
- Easy Assembly
- For people who live in colder areas, it may be ineffective in the winter
- More difficult to clean than some other models
- Some complaints about leakage
(Brass)—Best Window Hummingbird Feeder
This brass hummingbird feeder from Aspects is a compact product that weighs just three pounds and has a small footprint. The plastic reservoir has a four-ounce capacity. However, the feeder itself has a seven-ounce capacity, so you should be able to fill it twice. The product measures nine inches by six inches. It comes with attachments for mounting that make it suitable for wall, post and window use.
The Gem feeder is designed to attract different varieties of hummingbirds. These include Rufous, Allen’s, Costa’s, Broad-tailed, any of more than a dozen others. In particular, the feeder is designed to let the Rufous hummer drink easily. This rare breed is known for its long beak. It is difficult to find a nectar feeder that will accommodate the bird.
17. Tfwadmx Window Bird Feeder
- Comes with a hygienic reservoir that’s easy to clean
- It’s easy to install and attracts a variety of bird species
- Has a soft mesh, which is protective when the birds perch on it
- The clear view allows you to get a good look at the birds without having to touch or disturb them
- The transparent containers allow you to store food for the birds without taking up too much space
- If you’re hanging this bird feeder in a place with high winds, the suction cups may not hold well and the container with the food will fall
- The suction cups may fall off if you touch the glass to clean the feeder
If you’re looking for a bird feeder that you can install from your window without any hassle, then the best window bird feeder could be the solution for you. The top 5 best window bird feeders are tested to hold up to heavy and windy weather conditions.
These units come with additional features such as catchers and covers made of metal wire mesh to keep those pesky squirrels and trays from getting to the bird food.
But one feature that stands out in particular among the other models is a large removable container that makes it easier to refill the feeder.
18. Songbird Essentials Window Wonder One Tube Feeder
The New to Windows innovation on the Window Wonder One Tube Feeder makes cleaning and refilling fast and easy. This feeder has a wide mouth to make filling up with goodies simple and easy.
You can simply place this feeder on the inside or the outside of your window. You can even clean the feeder in the sink. Although, we would recommend rinsing the feeder in the sink and wiping it down so you don’t run the risk of water leaking in and spoiling the seeds.
There are many things to consider when picking out a window bird feeder for your home. A common problem that people run into with lower quality alternatives is that the feeders are hard to clean, fill, and put together. This can lead to messes, a dirty environment, and bird seed waste.
19. Miracliy Window Bird Feeder
- Motorized suction cups
- Large and durable
- Multifunctional – in addition to being a bird feeder, it can house feeder waterers
- Won’t scare away wild birds with its conventional look
- Ideal for areas with larger birds like Cardinals
- Optimal height for your convenience
- Not suitable for small birds
- Made of cheap plastic
- Needs more frequent cleaning
- Not able to be hung in temperatures below 40 degrees
20. Birdscapes Clear Window Feeder 348
The BirdScapes brand is one of the most trusted in the business. Their new Clear Window Feeder is going to be helpful to those people who are just getting started with bird feeding. The feeder is standing on a wide base that allows for maximum stability. The clear back panel allows for unobstructed viewing and is also great for camera enthusiasts.
You can place the feeder on a windowsill or flat area. It is perfect for bluebirds, cardinals, chickadees, finches, grackles, mockingbirds, and more. The feeding ports are closer together than the typical feeder, and the seeds will fall through to allow the birds to feed upside down.
There are easy-to-use spring-activated perches, plus a built-in seed level monitor, so you can always make sure that it is filled. The base of the feeder is extra wide, and the panels are UV stabilized.
21. Window Bird Feeder
- Holds one quart (0.95 liters)
- Large window so birds can easily come and go
- Suction cup attachment
- No mess … no seed in your house
- Stylish and cute design
- Easy setup and clean-up
- Mounts on any window
- Some stoppers may need to be attached to the feeder itself.
This large window bird feeder can hold one quart (0.95 liters). These windows allow birds to go in and out with ease, eliminating the need to clean up messes. With a large window, birds can see you up close, while also staying safe from predators. The window bird feeder has a clear design with no perches or trays, which reduces the mess … no more seeds or pellet chasing in your house.
The feeder attaches to the window with a suction cup which stays secure. This unique clear bird feeder is stylish, allowing you to watch the birds while they feed.
22. Nature Gear Crystal View Window Bird Feeder
- A varied birds list: You can accommodate a wide variation of birds on this feeder. This isn’t just for cardinals or chickadees. It’s a great place for the robins, finches, jays, bluebirds, titmice, chickadees and even the occasional woodpeckers. You can even add notches to easily accommodate corn!
- Sturdy and durable: The package arrived the day before yesterday and we have already enjoyed watching the cardinals eating from the window feeders. They’re very sturdy and I already feel confident that they will last for a long time. The wire feeding tube is strong and the tray slides in and out very easily.
- Easy to clean: I don’t know why I had imagined it would be difficult to clean. But it’s actually very easy. I just wipe out the tray and change the seed. And it works exactly as it should.
One thing that I’d like to add is that I have not had any issue with the finches hitting the glass. I was initially worried about that based on other reviews, but that is not an issue at all.
23. Aspects 407 Jewel Box Window Hummingbird Feeder
- Great value for the price
- Durable material that can stand up to the elements
- Exceptional customer service
- Easy to fill from the top; no need to remove the nectar
- Sturdy feeder, made of glass and metal
- Easy to clean; all you need to do is unscrew the top and give it a good wipe-down
- The clear nectar reservoir and the feeding ports are well-designed
- No ant moat
- It can be a tad difficult to remove the top and fill the reservoir up with nectar
- The feeding stations are way too small for yellow birds
Aspects provides a nice 8 oz-capacity feeder that can attract all types of hummingbirds and butterflies to your yard. The feeder holds nectar and features a clever way to refill the tank without messing with the feeding ports.
It’s a durable feeder with a high-quality glass tank. There’s not much that can break with this one; even if you accidently drop it at the top of the tree, chances are you won’t have to worry about it breaking.
24. Sherwoodbase Cuboid
- Easy to fill and refill
- Good quality construction and well made
- Stable enough to hold itself up vertically
- You can use it as a closed container for hanging plants
- Holds plenty of food
- Bee guards and wasp guards are very effective
- Some people think the bee guards are too short
- The capacity is quite small
If you're suffering from wasp or bee problems, you'll want to look at the Sherwoodbase feeder. It comes with several bee guards and wasp guards to ensure that these aggressive insects stay out of your nectar. The bee guard and wasp guard attract these ''bad'' insects with their color and design and then prevent them from going into the reservoir.
For better reviews of this feeder, check on Amazon.
25. AmazonBasics Window Suction Bird Feeder
- Doesn’t leak
- Medium sized is great for birdwatching purposes
- The suction cups are strong, and they’ll hold up in all weather conditions
- The side that sticks to the window is comes with a removable cover, so if you want to, you can clean it
- Made of thick clear plastic, so the view will be transparent
- It’s much wider than it is deep, so you won’t be able to easily see the birds from the side.
- Durability – it’ll last for years and the durability will be at most five years.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are Window bird feeders any good?
Window feeders can be very good but they also have some limitations.
They tend to be limited by the size of window you can use them with.
They also can be out of sight of birds if you have large bushes or other trees obscuring the view.
Some windows are just not as good as others and if you have one of these it may be worth while getting a to be able to move them to a better spot.
What are the best bird feeders to buy?
The best bird feeders are easy to fill, easy to clean, and are made of materials that can withstand the elements. Glass feeders are very easy to fill, but they are not ideal for outdoor use due to their susceptibility to cold and their shards once broken. Some leak a bit, but are great for indoor use. Food grade plastic options are generally molded to be waterproof and break-resistant.
There are also feeders with metal bases for certain types of birds that can be filled from the top for easy refilling. The design of this allows for different-sized seed to be used, and it also saves a lot of seed from being thrown on the ground. Some of the best bird feeders are also weatherproof, which gives them a leg up on those not designed to protect against the elements.
How far should a bird feeder be from a window?
This does depend on the type of window feeder you get. If you get one that holds liquid, such as a tube, bottle, or tub, it needs to be further away from the window… so much so that it renders the bird feeder sort of useless because the bird can’t get to the food with the glass so close.
These liquid feeders are really useful for birds and other animals that eat very easily. Sometimes when they are weak or injured, they can be too heavy to get to the food, so the liquid feeders are a great way to help them.
A perch feeder, for example, doesn’t require the food to be as close to the window, it just needs to be close enough that the birds can perch on it and eat. It also needs to be high enough so that the birds can perch comfortably on the feeder.
How do you attract birds to a birdhouse window?
Here's what I do. My garden is not big. I want the birds to be attracted to my house, instead of flying to a tree or bird house. I bought a bird feeder, hiding it in a bush, with an artificial food. I do not buy seeds, but I buy only food for birds. I bought only water food, and then a lot of things happened that I did not expect.
The best window bird feeders provide the birds the energy to survive in nature. The best of these feeders make it easy for our feathered friends to feast upon their favorite snacks.
If you are having trouble making the right choice, here is an article that will enable you to choose the best window bird feeder for your house.
|Window Bird Feeder||Best Overall|
|Birdscapes Clear Window Feeder 348||Budget Pick|
|Roamwild Beautiful Arch Window Wild Bird Feeder||Upgrade Pick|